Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wilson Wood, Would You?
32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Tried to rape Hazel O’Connor.

A poor choice of graphic then,  but thank god Woodburn and Baningime weren't both called Rolf 😰

Edited by Wilson Wood, Would You?

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Ffs bongo get into your mushed up brain the young players aren’t good enough at the moment. We are signing some outstanding young talent but we shouldn’t just in case they leave ? We aren’t neglecting anything the academy just isn’t ready yet. 

Sadly i don't agree. 

Just don't want mistakes of past to be repeated. 

No need for the abuse tbh. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Ffs bongo get into your mushed up brain the young players aren’t good enough at the moment. We are signing some outstanding young talent but we shouldn’t just in case they leave ? We aren’t neglecting anything the academy just isn’t ready yet. 

These youngsters will hopefully benefit from the level of players we’re bringing in, also - or, at least, the level they have to be at if they’re to command a place in our starting line up. The bar is getting higher!

KyleLafferty
29 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Who? Nobody is disputing he's signing young players, just don't take in the nonsense of he's playing youth, other teams youth yes? Who has featured regularly for us in the three league games so far from youth, we are doing the exact same we did before. 

He said he was gonna use the league cup games for youth and he did. Pollock should stay and get minutes here, however there is just better players here than the youth. If the youth are good enough they’ll make Robbie play them.

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He's is a very good player, just feel if he does half decent we might not got him at the end of loan,glad we got Beni and Ginnelly permanently. 

I get the concern about loan signings. I'm not a fan of the unless they're:

A) an emergency stop gap 

B ) come with an option/obligation to be made permanent at the end

Edited by Taffin

Maroon Sailor
19 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I've watched our youth and i can honestly say it's as good as anyones in the country, Aberdeen had Campbell, Ramsay, Mclennan, yesterday, my issue is what happens if we don't agree terms with Ben Woodburn or Cochrane next season, then we have got them ready for some other team to pick them up, while neglecting our own youth who could've got that game time, my view is long-term and just want what's best for Hearts. 

Woodburn would be way out of our price range. He's here for game time so agreeing terms won't be an issue if he makes a big impact. There will be a host of English clubs (probably Rangers as well) ready to take him off Liverpool hands if they don't see a future for him at Anfield

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Woodburn would be way out of our price range. He's here for game time so agreeing terms won't be an issue if he makes a big impact.

Woodburn played under Gerrard while at Liverpools academy, I would love nothing more than to get him permanently and he hasn't even played a game for us yet, that's how highly i rate this boy, but if he is to join us permanently we will have to pay a development fee and wages. 

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Woodburn would be way out of our price range. He's here for game time so agreeing terms won't be an issue if he makes a big impact.

Why is he any different to Beni on that front out of interest?

Beni - handful of games for an EPL side and little impact on previous loans 

Woodburn - handful of games for an EPL side and little impact on previous loans 

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

They are good players don't get me wrong, Baningime is permanent im happy with that, Devlin will be permanent again an another great signing infact I'll go as far to say he's Beni level and could go on to be better, but couldn't of Connor Smith played attacking mid this season Pollock, Mcgill scored against Motherwell a prem team. 

Just would like to see us give these lads a chance. 

I’d like to see them get a chance IF they are good enough. You obviously feel that they are and I don’t know if they are or not. I guess if I felt as strongly as you about it I’d be taking the same stance as you but like I’ve said, it’s clearly not not playing youth that’s the problem, as we are literally only bringing in young players. 

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

They are good players don't get me wrong, Baningime is permanent im happy with that, Devlin will be permanent again an another great signing infact I'll go as far to say he's Beni level and could go on to be better, but couldn't of Connor Smith played attacking mid this season Pollock, Mcgill scored against Motherwell a prem team. 

So you prefer Smith or McGill to a Liverpool academy graduate who has 10 caps for Wales?  Is that what you are saying? 

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

A) an emergency stop gap 

B) come with an option/obligation to be made permanent at the end

Thankyou, no one is saying he isn't a class signing, he is a wow signing 👍😉

6 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

He said he was gonna use the league cup games for youth and he did. Pollock should stay and get minutes here, however there is just better players here than the youth. If the youth are good enough they’ll make Robbie play them.

I hope you are right. 

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

A) an emergency stop gap 

B) come with an option/obligation to be made permanent at the end

We’ve managed to keep a few loan signings in recent years. Naismith, Ginelly and eh..Ross Stewart. 

6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Woodburn would be way out of our price range. He's here for game time so agreeing terms won't be an issue if he makes a big impact. There will be a host of English clubs (probably Rangers as well) ready to take him off Liverpool hands if they don't see a future for him at Anfield

He’s out of contract next year. And if you mean his wages there is loads of different options to make that happen. 

14 minutes ago, Wilson Wood, Would You? said:

A poor choice of graphic then,  but thank god Woodburn and Baningime weren't both called Rolf 😰

Just a wee snippet of info. I want bothered by the graphic 👍

17 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Robbie doesn’t have the wriggle room to take a chance on playing our youth. 

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

A) an emergency stop gap 

B ) come with an option/obligation to be made permanent at the end

With them both approaching the end of their contracts there's at least some possibility they could stay, but if not hopefully they are successful here along with Beni as it'll likely encourage other young fringe players from EPL clubs in future to consider us as a good option

I think the chat about keeping him after his loan are premature as I’d rather wait and see if he lives up to the hype he’s been getting on here. 

Last couple of loans he’s had he hasn’t exactly done great 

Let’s wait and see how good he is first before taking about signing him 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So you prefer Smith or McGill to a Liverpool academy graduate who has 10 caps for Wales?  Is that what you are saying? 

What positions do Mcgill and Smith play we play 343 so unless Robbie changes formation, I can see him dropping either GMS or Ginnelly for Woodburn. 

I prefer developing our own clubs talent, which potentially could get the club a nice fee for doing so 👍

25 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I've watched our youth and i can honestly say it's as good as anyones in the country, Aberdeen had Campbell, Ramsay, Mclennan, yesterday, my issue is what happens if we don't agree terms with Ben Woodburn or Cochrane next season, then we have got them ready for some other team to pick them up, while neglecting our own youth who could've got that game time, my view is long-term and just want what's best for Hearts. 

I understand the sentiment, and in an ideal world we would be playing as many youths as possible in the first team. However, expectations at Hearts are high, if we blooded untested youngsters to the detriment of our results there would be uproar and ultimately it would cost the manager his job. If a player is good enough in the youth system they will play, as we have seen in the last couple of years and in all honesty throughout the history of this great club.

For whatever reason the current crop haven't quite made the grade yet and are either going to go on loan and prove themselves or alternatively find their level. I don't think the loan deals are having an impact on our youth players chances, because we simply wouldn't have felt it necessary to sign Cochrane and Woodburn if we had players good enough to command a starting berth in those positions.

5 minutes ago, RS86 said:

With them both approaching the end of their contracts there's at least some possibility they could stay, but if not hopefully they are successful here along with Beni as it'll likely encourage other young fringe players from EPL clubs in future to consider us as a good option

For sure, there are positives to it as well. I just liken it to renting property, there's nothing wrong with it but if you want to move up the housing ladder you need to buy. It's great to loan good players, but to grow as a club we need to generate more money and our most viable way of doing that is by signing players and selling at a profit imo.

Alternatively we have a revolving door of loanees which is also a perfectly okay way to operate, it's just not my preference for the long term growth.

Edited by Taffin

MarkDevriesScores4

Not really sure why getting a quality loan player from an EPL side is upsetting people 🤷🏻‍♂️

he has a point to prove and has a season to do it. That can only benefit hearts. 

by all means, if we had youth players that could get results then fine. We don’t at this moment in time. I’m delighted to have Ben, on loan or not. I hope he has a blinder of a season and helps pump hibs. Simple. 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

For sure, there are positives to it as well. I just liken it to renting property, there's nothing wrong with it but if you want to move up the housing ladder you need to buy. It's great to loan good players, but to grow as a club we need to generate more money and our most viable way of doing that is by signing players and selling at a profit imo.

Alternatively we have a revolving door or loanees which is also a perfectly okay way to operate, it's just not my preference for the long term growth.

Another worry is also if they do too well we might lose them, particularly to the OF

RustyRightPeg
32 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What I’d say about this is, the likelihood of us not agreeing terms with Cochrane and Woodburn for example would most likely be because they’ve both played 30+ games for us, and played well. As a result of this, they’ve attracted interest from teams bigger than us. Off the back of that you’d hope Brighton and Liverpool have seen what we’re capable of with their players and would be more open to loaning us talent in the future. 

Re. your point on our own academy. I’ll be first to advocate playing youth, getting them ready and selling them on, it’s what we do. But, for the time being, while Naismith and the new chap in charge of the youth (his name escapes me) get the place in order because let’s be honest it’s been neglected for 3/4 years now it’s prudent for us to sign players on loan from EPL clubs. You can see Cochrane is more than ready for the level we’re at. I don’t see anyone at his level in our academy YET but that’s my hopes for the future.

Maroon Sailor
15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Why is he any different to Beni on that front out of interest?

Beni - handful of games for an EPL side and little impact on previous loans 

Woodburn - handful of games for an EPL side and little impact on previous loans 

He's more of an attacking player - hopefully he could be as good as Cameron, Hartley or Skacel were for us if he plays the 10 role - depends were Robbie plays him though - he might stick him out wide

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Alternatively we have a revolving door or loanees which is also a perfectly okay way to operate, it's just not my preference for the long term growth.

I think we need to get to a position of stability after the absolute mess that was our last 18 months in the Premiership. 

We could then start gradually introducing youngsters. 

I got the impression Levein would throw them in for a game just so he could boast about how many he had brought into the team.  But they then disappeared. 

It has to be done sustainably. 

rudi must stay
28 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Hopefully he will be better that other players we’ve signed from Liverpool like Ngoo

Ngoo was decent if he's as good as him I'll be happy 

Woodburn and Beni are going to run riot.  Great news.   Great watching the game yesterday and knowing we have Beni on a 3 year deal.   These are quality signings.  A striker and defender of the quality of those two and we will do very well. 

I'm just amazed that we have Beni here.   This guy could a hero for us.  

Portable Badger

Absolutely ecstatic with this signing.   He’s an exciting talent and I’m still pinching myself that we actually got this over the line.   Well done to all involved 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Portable Badger said:

Absolutely ecstatic with this signing.   He’s an exciting talent and I’m still pinching myself that we actually got this over the line.   Well done to all involved 

How I feel as well. A great sign for moving forward. 

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He's more of an attacking player - hopefully he could be as good as Cameron, Hartley or Skacel were for us if he plays the 10 role - depends were Robbie plays him though - he might stick him out wide

Sorry, I meant in terms of price range. I'd imagine he has a similar value as Beni in terms of development fees and wages.

28 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Check us out, two ex Liverpool players in one team! Who'd have thunk of it eh?

who is the other? as beni came from everton

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

What I’d say about this is, the likelihood of us not agreeing terms with Cochrane and Woodburn for example would most likely be because they’ve both played 30+ games for us, and played well. As a result of this, they’ve attracted interest from teams bigger than us. Off the back of that you’d hope Brighton and Liverpool have seen what we’re capable of with their players and would be more open to loaning us talent in the future. 

Re. your point on our own academy. I’ll be first to advocate playing youth, getting them ready and selling them on, it’s what we do. But, for the time being, while Naismith and the new chap in charge of the youth (his name escapes me) get the place in order because let’s be honest it’s been neglected for 3/4 years now it’s prudent for us to sign players on loan from EPL clubs. You can see Cochrane is more than ready for the level we’re at. I don’t see anyone at his level in our academy YET but that’s my hopes for the future.

Great Post, but i would also argue hickey wasn't seen as a left back, but been thrown in has done him wonders, maybe we could give Leo Watson a chance, though I do feel Robbie has a headache with formations and selections now, not a bad problem to have. 

14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sadly i don't agree. 

Just don't want mistakes of past to be repeated. 

No need for the abuse tbh. 

Of course you don’t agree, you don’t agree with anything Robbie does at the club. The youngsters at the club are miles away from the level of player we are signing. These are the kind of players we should have around the place. 

31 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

One of the problems is our league size, it results in a lot of pressure after only a few losses. It's been said for years that it stiffles the ability to take risks and chuck in a few youngsters. 

2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I think we need to get to a position of stability after the absolute mess that was our last 18 months in the Premiership. 

We could then start gradually introducing youngsters. 

I got the impression Levein would throw them in for a game just so he could boast about how many he had brought into the team.  But they then disappeared. 

It has to be done sustainably. 

I'm not advocating throwing youths in, that's Bongo.

Stability is one of the reasons I'm not a big lover of loan signings. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted this lad has signed and hope he has an excellent season. 👍

chuck berrys hairline

Hopefully the lads got speed or bulks up to stay away from the SPLs nethanderal defenders he looks very slight to me.

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

I would say hold it, we have another 1 at least we believe would be a coup like beni and Woodburn is. Certainly in for a busy end to the window but we won’t be forcing anything 

Not to move on so fast, but the other couple being implied, would that be like Woodburn a temporary contract or would be looking at getting raging permanent whelms?

Think we definitely need another striker to challenge Gnando and Boyce for a starting place.

Boyce needs a solid strike partner to take markers off him.

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Of course you don’t agree, you don’t agree with anything Robbie does at the club. The youngsters at the club are miles away from the level of player we are signing. These are the kind of players we should have around the place. 

Sorry but that isn't true i gave Robbie praise for beating both Celtic and St Mirren. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***