***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

1 hour ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Could do Connor Smith too. 

He filled in at RWB in pre season and did very well. Much better in attack but has the speed to recover defensively

Maybe but not convinced he has what it takes defensively. Very attack-minded young player. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Only responsible for the failings is our Bob :lol:

Exactly.  To be clear, Neilson was solely responsible for the signings of Sammon, Watt, Oshaniwa, and any other bad signings.  He also can take absolutely no credit for any of the good ones - Sow, Djoum, Baningime, etc.  What's more, his tactics mean that no decent players will ever sign for us :( apart from the ones that do, but those exceptions can be considered nothing other than freak events.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Exactly.  To be clear, Neilson was solely responsible for the signings of Sammon, Watt, Oshaniwa, and any other bad signings.  He also can take absolutely no credit for any of the good ones - Sow, Djoum, Baningime, etc.  What's more, his tactics mean that no decent players will ever sign for us :( apart from the ones that do, but those exceptions can be considered nothing other than freak events.

:spoton:

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Is that why they go to the old firm?

Old firm very pro active in getting players in from out here as are Hibs I've had 5 of the players in our age group go to them.

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I have been hearing that for about the last week. I will belive it when it is officially announced on the HMFC website.

Robert/bob  told the Evening hobo yesterday, after game

Just an observation but.....have to say i was quite impressed by the way the young (18?) Aberdeen fullback went about his job yesterday. Very composed and seemed unaffected by the atmosphere. Is that the difference between Hearts and everyone else? They chuck their young players in and let them sink or swim? Is this why our Academy players seem to get to a certain level and then regress? Maybe giving (for example) young Logan a chance wouldn't be such a bad thing after-all. Too many times in the past i heard Levein say things like "he's no ready", but how will we ever find out? 

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe but not convinced he has what it takes defensively. Very attack-minded young player. 

Yeah, he started up top in an edinburgh derby, did well then hasn’t been seen since. 

He’s one I have hopes for.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, jambonian said:

Just an observation but.....have to say i was quite impressed by the way the young (18?) Aberdeen fullback went about his job yesterday. Very composed and seemed unaffected by the atmosphere. Is that the difference between Hearts and everyone else? They chuck their young players in and let them sink or swim? Is this why our Academy players seem to get to a certain level and then regress? Maybe giving (for example) young Logan a chance wouldn't be such a bad thing after-all. Too many times in the past i heard Levein say things like "he's no ready", but how will we ever find out? 

he was a cheeky wee shit down in the corner waiting to take a throw in while one of his team mates was getting treatment 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not in Scotland, he isn’t english. 

It was a joke, not a very good one. I know he plays for but he was born in England and lives and plays there. 

21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Think he is mimicing how the character in the game moves.

Yeah, I know... was being facetious. They must model the character on broonaldo, in the game. Reminds me of Kevin & Perry! 🤣

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Good points.

One thing that struck me yesterday with our young subs was how slight they are, more Harry Cochrane than Hickey who had strength. 

Having a decent physique with power and strength is essential in today’s game and there’s no reason they shouldn’t have it. 
It won’t help them make the jump into our team if they’re a bit easily dominated like Henderson for example. 

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Medical to be done in August, unveiled scarf above the head in October.

Along with the Australian lad 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah, I know... was being facetious. They must model the character on broonaldo, in the game. Reminds me of Kevin & Perry! 🤣

sorry, I realised after I posted it you knew that and was just making joke.

Boyces beard
8 minutes ago, jambonian said:

To be fair we did throw a 16 year old left back in at the deep in a Scottish cup final, just so happened he was extremely buoyant.

Jack Torrance
50 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Maybe they are taking time filming the unveiling video. If so something like this please 

That's epic. The benchmark has been sent. Hopefully our media guys are watching 😄

Rick Sanchez
12 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Calvin Ramsey? He was shite.

If he was in a maroon jersey yesterday there would be a thread about 5 pages deep on him already :laugh:

He's the sort that should be getting game time though. You can tell he'll probably make it. No thrown in for the sake of it.

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

sorry, I realised after I posted it you knew that and was just making joke.

👍

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Dia Liom said:

Truer words never written on JKB.

13 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Calvin Ramsey? He was shite.

If he was in a maroon jersey yesterday there would be a thread about 5 pages deep on him already :laugh:

He's the sort that should be getting game time though. You can tell he'll probably make it. No thrown in for the sake of it.

Barely looked bank average but because he is young it’s a stick to beat Robbie with. If our young players were good enough they would be playing simple as that. Who’s fault that they aren’t good enough is up for debate but it certainly isn’t Robbie’s at the moment. We are just getting started with new people in place so it will take time for this to filter through to the academy. 

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

And when we win, it's because we should be beating pub teams  and because it's the worse celtic team in recent times, not because we play well. Nothing to do with Bob. 

When we get beat tho, it's his fault, all his. 

1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Get an early dinner in time for a Woodburn announcement for dessert 😅

Ffs.  I’ll need to just stick something in the microwave now. Could you not have told me earlier. 😡

13 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

13th August Neilson said: "It’s a done deal. Hopefully we can maybe get him here in the next 10 days. Maybe Devlin as well 🤷‍♂️

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Going to be cheeky and ask if you think this is going to be the, not the last signing, but the peak signing in the window....or do I hold my excitement a little longer?

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

Not sure why he hasn’t “impressed”you as he has rarely been allowed to play in the role he was brought here to play. However, for me he has shown he would make a RWB because to play RWB requires

1 energy, he has loads,

2 being able to take and be comfortable on the ball in tight situations, he does this really well and has probably only given the ball away a handful of times in his time here.

3 good delivery, he might be the best we have.

4 be able to defend, this is the only part of his game we do not know about BUT given Souttar’s form/dominance it may be less important than getting us up the park consistently and providing good deliveries.

Right. 

like I said worth a punt. 

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Ffs.  I’ll need to just stick something in the microwave now. Could you not have told me earlier. 😡

It being hearts you may be able to have a 3 course meal and breakfast in the morning aswell, we love to take our time 😂

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Going to be cheeky and ask if you think this is going to be the, not the last signing, but the peak signing in the window....or do I hold my excitement a little longer?

I would say hold it, we have another 1 at least we believe would be a coup like beni and Woodburn is. Certainly in for a busy end to the window but we won’t be forcing anything 

Just now, Jamboj1 said:

It being hearts you may be able to have a 3 course meal and breakfast in the morning aswell, we love to take our time 😂

Was going to ask which night you meant😀

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I would say hold it, we have another 1 at least we believe would be a coup like beni and Woodburn is. Certainly in for a busy end to the window but we won’t be forcing anything 

👍

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was going to ask which night you meant😀

Got a message about an hour ago and Told hes was expected to be at tynecastle and shown round with all the PR stuff being done this afternoon and announcement expected very soon👍🏻 

1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Got a message about an hour ago and Told hes was expected to be at tynecastle and shown round with all the PR stuff being done this afternoon and announcement expected very soon👍🏻 

Ma whelms are beginning to bulge. 

2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Anything on a centre half?

If Devlin and Woodburn are both in the team we will be severely lacking in height /physical presence

32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hope it was a quick meal 

BackOfTheNet
17 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Whelm, whelm, whelm… what do we have here?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***