***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No problem mate 👍, I think a few would surprise given the chance. 

You're more clued up on it than I am. I'm only basing it on first team cameos of 5 minutes sporadically!! 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Maroon Sailor
37 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Sorry, I meant in terms of price range. I'd imagine he has a similar value as Beni in terms of development fees and wages.

His price range will reflect on his season long loan with us.

Similar to Joe Willock - he had a fantastic loan spell at Newcastle that added value to his worth when he moved on a permanent basis.

At the end of the day a player who is out of contact normally goes to the club who offers him the best deal.

heartandsoul
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

A couple in here need to shut the **** up. 

Let's just enjoy the fact that we have signed the lad, with more to follow. 

Do your bleating and point scoring on another thread, or via PM's.

Welcome Ben. You're joining a fantastic club and I'm sure you will do well.

This

Punks No Deid

Apologies for colour of mankini - only one I could find. Welcome to “The Famous” Ben 🇱🇻 

FC0AADE9-BC2B-4CA9-B4EB-6B60294A67A5.jpeg

3 hours ago, XB52 said:

Come on, surely you know by now that giving Robbie any credit at all is a nono on jkb

I am getting my opinion in before Levein comes on BBC Scotland saying he left Hearts a target llst of players under a pile of brown envelopes in his old office!!

Edited by Disco Ball

Sub4TiddlerMurray
43 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Ngoo was decent if he's as good as him I'll be happy 

Woodburn was on the fringes of a world class team, unlike Ngoo. Methinks we've signed a genuine top player this time.

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That is a bold move, but I can see Liverpool thinking they will get more money from compensation if he does well (and presuming a Championship club signs him up) then what we would offer at the moment.

But the fact we got Beni looks a steal, if we have almost got Woodburn signed permanent then it shows the calibre of our recruitment and I do think this our strategy of holding out for better will really pay off this week.

Think a lot at the club were very excited when Everton said beni could leave permanent, this market we are targeting is seen as the best route towards finally having sellable assets within the squad. Players already known to many coaches and scouts down there. A season or 2 of quality up here and they’ll be wanted for a good sell on profit for the club 

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

His price range will reflect on his season long loan with us.

Similar to Joe Willock - he had a fantastic loan spell at Newcastle that added value to his worth when he moved on a permanent basis.

At the end of the day a player who is out of contact normally goes to the club who offers him the best deal.

Ah, I get you 👍

That's why I'd like those sorts of things tied up prior to a loan with an option to buy etc (especially when the player will be a free agent at the end of the loan)

That said, unless he's utterly outstanding here then I can't see it adding to his value much. His youth team experience at Liverpool is probably more valuable to the teams we can't compete with financially than anything he does up here. 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Anyone else ever had a diamond cutter in the middle of Tesco's ?

I make a point of it. Gets all the dafties out your road. 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Turkishcap said:

Hope Ben and Beni dont kick off in dressing room

You fighting

You asking😉

calm-down-calm-down.jpg

11 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

My thoughts exactly.  Where is Devlin?  Has he got lost?

Very enthused with the Woodburn signing?  

Yes, so excited, I forgot to say anything 😅 

Diadora Van Basten

The only thing about signing guys like Beni and Ben is how bad it makes our other players look.

I always thought Haring was decent until Beni came along.

10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

A couple in here need to shut the **** up. 

Let's just enjoy the fact that we have signed the lad, with more to follow. 

Do your bleating and point scoring on another thread, or via PM's.

Welcome Ben. You're joining a fantastic club and I'm sure you will do well.

😂

Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

The only thing about signing guys like Beni and Ben is how bad it makes our other players look.

He’s a machine is Beni. Just boundless energy and extendable legs. 

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I would love our club to be receiving fees for our youth players. 

I was referring to the being like them in general.  If we ever become anything like Celtic, Rangers or Hibs I’m out! 

Just now, GinRummy said:

He’s a machine is Beni. Just boundless energy and extendable legs. 

Yeh, he's been incredible. Excellent signing.

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I'd be quite happy seeing Haring drop back into a central defensive role, he could still do a good job in there.

Portable Badger
Just now, sac said:

Great sub if we’re needing an equaliser 

Should certainly good at ghosting in from the right !!

Greedy Jambo

Happy that we've signed another striker, hopefully he's allowed to play to his abilities and not asked to do daft roles that he's not used to. 

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

😉

I'm less grumpy now. Just about to have my dinner.

Whatever you say chief 🙄😉

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I was referring to the being like them in general.  If we ever become anything like Celtic, Rangers or Hibs I’m out! 

No problem mate, i meant getting the best value and money we can get for our youth players. 

alwaysthereinspirit
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Quite good because if we didn't have a points deduction we were staying up, only for them yoots to help us get promoted the following season at a canter 😂😂

Shame we never got full value for them yoots but. 

Apples and oranges.

Its a different league now. Different owners.

Different manager (relegated season) Different circumstances. We’re not behind the 15 point deduction 8 ball.

No reason to dump kids in the deep end to see if they can swim. We can’t afford another relegation. Even if the last one wasn’t our own doing per say.

I think if we had kids as ready as Cochrane, Beni and the new Liverpool kid appear to be then we’d play them. Hopefully we still have time to slowly wean them in this season. We have a couple of kids on the bench every game, at least one other injured who looked good early in the league cup campaign. I think we’ll give youth a chance but not because you, me or the lamp post think it’s right. 

46 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes that true, but the target was top 6 this season obviously we will try to aim for better, but i would take top 6 if it ment we had 2-3 youth players being permanent first team players. 

So they could be ready for next season. 

Will they gain as much experience playing for club6s not as big as Hearts?. 

Unfortunately anyone that shows promise is sold in a heartbeat. The days of growing youth to be a mainstay are gone. If we do well in the youth development space it's a season, season and a half then sold. Depressing but true.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Only if they offer him a new deal 

Interesting to see how that pans out. Everton bit more generous with Beni, but absolutely their prerogative to wait

2 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Apples and oranges.

Its a different league now. Different owners.

Different manager (relegated season) Different circumstances. We’re not behind the 15 point deduction 8 ball.

No reason to dump kids in the deep end to see if they can swim. We can’t afford another relegation. Even if the last one wasn’t our own doing per say.

I think if we had kids as ready as Cochrane, Beni and the new Liverpool kid appear to be then we’d play them. Hopefully we still have time to slowly wean them in this season. We have a couple of kids on the bench every game, at least one other injured who looked good early in the league cup campaign. I think we’ll give youth a chance but not because you, me or the lamp post think it’s right. 

Yep 👍 OK only time will tell. 

1 minute ago, db211833 said:

Unfortunately anyone that shows promise is sold in a heartbeat. The days of growing youth to be a mainstay are gone. If we do well in the youth development space it's a season, season and a half then sold. Depressing but true.

But at least the club gets funds to maybe get the likes of a Woodburn permanenly, by selling youth on for profit, or by using that money to upgrade and improve youth and training facilities, or the scouting budget. 

Or stadium. 

12 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Happy that we've signed another striker, hopefully he's allowed to play to his abilities and not asked to do daft roles that he's not used to. 

If you expect him to be playing as a striker you may think he is being asked to play a daft role.

jamboinglasgow

One thing, from the reports that he raised the level of Liverpool first team training since he came back from Blackpool in January, you have to be excited about the level he can raise the players around Hearts when training.

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Must not fall in love with a loan player again

Like a holiday romance.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

One thing, from the reports that he raised the level of Liverpool first team training since he came back from Blackpool in January, you have to be excited about the level he can raise the players around Hearts when training.

Will be certainly interesting to see what position we play him in. 

2 minutes ago, db211833 said:

If you expect him to be playing as a striker you may think he is being asked to play a daft role.

I’m a bit confused.

I’m delighted he has signed, but I’m not at all sure what role Robbie intends him to play. The club have assigned him the 9 shirt, which we all assumed was being kept vacant for a new striker. Why would we do that if he’s to be an AM?

MarkDevriesScores4

Might be a daft thought but he might actually make Walker raise his game. Jamie frequently seems more interested at what’s going on at Liverpool than Hearts and will be well aware of who Ben is. 

maybe not but just a thought 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

I’m a bit confused.

I’m delighted he has signed, but I’m not at all sure what role Robbie intends him to play. The club have assigned him the 9 shirt, which we all assumed was being kept vacant for a new striker. Why would we do that if he’s to be an AM?

Not being deliberately argumentative but I took it to mean we are not signing a striker and that’s why he got the 9. 

I’m a bit confused.

Sean Clare was number 9 as well iirc. 

MarkDevriesScores4

I’m a bit confused.

Squad numbers don’t stand for much nowadays. Wouldn’t read too much into it 

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I’m a bit confused.

From Wiki

Benjamin Luke Woodburn is a professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Premier League club Liverpool and the Wales national team

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

For sure, there are positives to it as well. I just liken it to renting property, there's nothing wrong with it but if you want to move up the housing ladder you need to buy. It's great to loan good players, but to grow as a club we need to generate more money and our most viable way of doing that is by signing players and selling at a profit imo.

Alternatively we have a revolving door of loanees which is also a perfectly okay way to operate, it's just not my preference for the long term growth.

How many loanees do we have ? 

Maybe I'm mistaken but I only know of two(Woodburn and Cochrane). 

Hardly like Hibs 2012 overkill 🤔

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

How many loanees do we have ? 

Maybe I'm mistaken but I only know of two(Woodburn and Cochrane). 

Hardly like Hibs 2012 overkill 🤔

Nobody is saying that 🤔

jamboinglasgow
29 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Think a lot at the club were very excited when Everton said beni could leave permanent, this market we are targeting is seen as the best route towards finally having sellable assets within the squad. Players already known to many coaches and scouts down there. A season or 2 of quality up here and they’ll be wanted for a good sell on profit for the club 

Would agree with that.

What I find interesting in the signing of Ben and Beni, we have signed two players of similar backgrounds, players who broke through for a Premier league side, was talked about being the next big thing, sent on loan to English Championship and lower league clubs with some injury issues but also not having a successful time on loan. They also have shone playing Premier League 2 games. Also around the age of 22 where they should be kicking on. 

I think that is a good seam to mine for us, they could sign for a Championship or League One club but I dont think those clubs would give them regular first team time unless they really pulled trees up, we can provide that. 

lost in space
3 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Might be a daft thought but he might actually make Walker raise his game. Jamie frequently seems more interested at what’s going on at Liverpool than Hearts and will be well aware of who Ben is. 

maybe not but just a thought 🤷🏻‍♂️

Your not just a "glass half full" guy - you are a "glass half full with an unopened keg" guy.

👍

36 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

It’s definitely an area we can improve on. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***