• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

KyleLafferty
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

How did that consistency get on last season, Hibs in one season last year achieved what Aberdeen did in 5 seasons, and St Johnstone did what Aberdeen couldn't under a rookie manager. 

It's just excuses Tosh, you are making out that this is a newly promoted side cmon, this side last season beat Hibs in the Scottish Cup, a team that finished above Aberdeen? We took Celtic to penalties as you said? How long has Robbie and staff been in the job now?  Aberdeen had 2-3 of there best players out yesterday, just ask I've seen the light 👍

Yesterday was a chance to lay down a marker, only a win at united away will keep the fans happy, as yesterday in my opinion was a failed opportunity. 

Now let me explain why i take that attitude? Because Robbie said he was going to play more youth this season, that they were young youth players, going to get a chance, it now appears that there has been a change of plans, that we are going to loan them out? 

Then people are saying Beni is young Cochrane is young, but what people don't realise is the standard of player the both have trained and played with, hence why the two of them look like established pros, in our league 👍

So I don't give the excuse that we shouldn't be beating Aberdeen at home because, we weren't playing youth yesterday, the team we put out was an experienced team, and had enough pedigree to take care of Aberdeen. 

I said before the season started if Robbie was prepared to play our youth players, I would accept a top 6 or six placed finished, the reason he's giving our youth a whole year to experience playing in the top league of Scottish football, a honeymoon period if you want to call it that Tosh, but it's clear that this isn't the case. 

Ginnelly played for Preston championship team, Beni played for Everton premier league team, Cochrane played for Brighton premier league team. 

These are young lads but the standard they have played against is far superior to our league, anyway my point isn't about them they are good signings, Hearts had enough to beat Aberdeen yesterday, but what has happened to giving youth a chance? 

Mate he has gave youth a chance, and is also signing young players, what more do you want? 

MarkDevriesScores4

I’m assuming that he’s good to start at the weekend seeing as he was on the bench at Liverpool a week or so ago 🤔

welcome to Edinburgh’s darlings Ben! HHGH

3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Mate he has gave youth a chance, and is also signing young players, what more do you want? 

Who? Nobody is disputing he's signing young players, just don't take in the nonsense of he's playing youth, other teams youth yes? Who has featured regularly for us in the three league games so far from youth, we are doing the exact same we did before. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Who? Nobody is disputing he's signing young players, just don't take in the nonsense of he's playing youth, other teams youth yes? Who has featured regularly for us in the three league games so far from youth, we are doing the exact same we did before. 

You’re right to an extent but if he’s willing to play other teams youths then surely that points to our own youths being the issue? It’s not the same as before either, we’ve had 5 signings, not including Ross Stewart they are all under 25. When was the last season that happened?

5 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I’m assuming that he’s good to start at the weekend seeing as he was on the bench at Liverpool a week or so ago 🤔

welcome to Edinburgh’s darlings Ben! HHGH

Played in a friendly against Osasuna a couple of weeks ago so I should think so 

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Played in a friendly against Osasuna a couple of weeks ago so I should think so 

Nice! Cheers KP 

Excellent loan signing well done Hearts. Looking forward to see the lad in action. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Home debut, Derby at Tynecastle buzzing. A shame we missed out on Messi but we got the next best thing full credit to Savage + Neilson   

1 minute ago, Maroonblood22 said:

:jjyay:Welcome Ben!

Brilliant signing! Liking the cut of Savage’s jib so far.

Good Naval terminology there. 😉

12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Do yourself a favour Bongo, it’s not cool to criticise our coach on here. 

Season long loan from Liverpool for a full Welsh international level player, and given the number 9 shirt. 

That is some statement. He's not here to **** around! :yas:

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’re right to an extent but if he’s willing to play other teams youths then surely that points to our own youths being the issue? It’s not the same as before either, we’ve had 5 signings, not including Ross Stewart they are all under 25. When was the last season that happened?

I've watched our youth and i can honestly say it's as good as anyones in the country, Aberdeen had Campbell, Ramsay, Mclennan, yesterday, my issue is what happens if we don't agree terms with Ben Woodburn or Cochrane next season, then we have got them ready for some other team to pick them up, while neglecting our own youth who could've got that game time, my view is long-term and just want what's best for Hearts. 

2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Do yourself a favour Bongo, it’s not cool to criticise our coach on here. 

Will do 👍

ShortmanRossco

Time can only tell I guess but I'd honestly currently file this guy under Takis in terms of "Oh my god I can't believe we've got this guy". 

Outstanding. 

RustyRightPeg

Must not fall in love with a loan player again

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

I've watched our youth and i can honestly say it's as good as anyones in the country, Aberdeen had Campbell, Ramsay, Mclennan, yesterday, my issue is what happens if we don't agree terms with Ben Woodburn or Cochrane next season, then we have got them ready for some other team to pick them up, while neglecting our own youth who could've got that game time, my view is long-term and just want what's best for Hearts. 

I get that mate. I just think when we are scouring the country for young players it points to our academy not producing. If we had a young attacking midfielder who was ready do you think Savage would be loaning Ben Woodburn? We are loaning him because he is better than who we have, same with Cochrane and same with Baningime and Devlin signings. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Hopefully the start of a busy week with a few more incoming as our bench looked threadbare at the weekend. 

I thought they were the ball boys 😆

Pasquale for King
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

6EBACDCF-32E3-4FE5-B93D-20FAB7809912.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Too young at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I get that mate. I just think when we are scouring the country for young players it points to our academy not producing. If we had a young attacking midfielder who was ready do you think Savage would be loaning Ben Woodburn? We are loaning him because he is better than who we have, same with Cochrane and same with Baningime and Devlin signings. 

They are good players don't get me wrong, Baningime is permanent im happy with that, Devlin will be permanent again an another great signing infact I'll go as far to say he's Beni level and could go on to be better, but couldn't of Connor Smith played attacking mid this season Pollock, Mcgill scored against Motherwell a prem team. 

Just would like to see us give these lads a chance. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

They are good players don't get me wrong, Baningime is permanent im happy with that, Devlin will be permant again an another great signing infact I'll go as far to say he's Beni level and could go on to be better, but couldn't of Connor Smith played attacking mid this season Pollock, Mcgill scored against Motherwell a prem team. 

Just would like to see us give these lads a chance. 

I agree.  I hope when we get through this initial tough run of fixtures there may be opportunities for them

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Ffs bongo get into your mushed up brain the young players aren’t good enough at the moment. We are signing some outstanding young talent but we shouldn’t just in case they leave ? We aren’t neglecting anything the academy just isn’t ready yet. 

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Hopefully he will be better that other players we’ve signed from Liverpool like Ngoo

He's is a very good player, just feel if he does half decent we might not got him at the end of loan,glad we got Beni and Ginnelly permanently. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***