• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I would love our club to be receiving fees for our youth players. 

Who was,the last Hibs youth that Hibs got a fee for?

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I’m a bit gutted about Michael Smith. He’s getting painful to watch at times now. Agree with all the positions you want filled but we need a pacy RWB who can cross the ball. What a difference that would make. 

I think we have that player at the club already.

Edited by bobskeldon

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Devlin gives us the opportunity to play three in the middle but can play further forward, a two of him and Beni would be good allowing, a Woodburn or Walker, Mceneff, Smith, Pollock or McGill to support Boyce. 

Covers a lot of ground and is very suited to a high press, good signing. 

Not trying to be funny, but how do you know?!

The_razors_edge

I like Boyce but I think we still need a more mobile centre forward. He did ok yesterday but it’s clear he’s not the quickest or the fittest. We need someone to run the channels, stretch the opposition defence and press high to force errors higher up the pitch. 

weegie jambo
1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Baningime, Devlin and Woodburn has the potential to give us a midfield of real quality and dare I say it, attractive football.

I'm liking this recruitment a lot.

(I also said the same the pre season we signed Glenn Whelan mind you)

The chances of Robbie playing all three at the same time.........NIL

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, The_razors_edge said:

I like Boyce but I think we still need a more mobile centre forward. He did ok yesterday but it’s clear he’s not the quickest or the fittest. We need someone to run the channels, stretch the opposition defence and press high to force errors higher up the pitch. 

Love Boyce but he was horrendous in the first half yesterday. Definitely missed having another option with Gnando missing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

I'd like to see him where hes best, in the box

weegie jambo
2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Woah, we've got a player here. Let's hope Robbie gives him a game!

12 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Liking that left footed strike.

Brilliant clips. Wow he looks special in those games. Also have to say Ryan Kent looked pretty good also. Should be interesting when they play against each other. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'd like to see him where hes best, in the box

Totally agree - he gets bored with lack of service and drops back

23 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Devlin gives us the opportunity to play three in the middle but can play further forward, a two of him and Beni would be good allowing, a Woodburn or Walker, Mceneff, Smith, Pollock or McGill to support Boyce. 

Covers a lot of ground and is very suited to a high press, good signing. 

I think that is the plan, to have him and Beni as the 2 centre and vary the other 2 with Boyce further forward.

An overlapping wing back would be massive for us with the central options.

Goalkeepers

Craig Gordon - 2022

Ross Stewart - 2023

Right Backs

Michael Smith - 2022

Cammy Logan - 2023

Jamie Brandon - 2022

Centre Backs

John Souttar - 2022

Craig Halkett - 2022

Mihai Popescu - 2022

Left Backs

Stephen Kingsley - 2022

Alex Cochrane - 2022 (Loan)

Centre Midfielders

Beni Baningime - 2024

Ben Woodburn - 2022 (Loan)

Peter Haring - 2022

Aaron McEneff - 2023

Andy Halliday - 2022

Jamie Walker - 2022

Finlay Pollock

Connor Smith - 2022

Wide Midfielders

Gary Mackay-Steven - 2023

Josh Ginnelly - 2023

Jordan Roberts - 2022

Forwards

Liam Boyce - 2023

Armand Gnanduillet - 2022

Euan Henderson - 2022

On Loan

Harry Stone - Partick Thistle (Season)

Scott McGill - Airdrie (January)

Chris Hamilton - Arbroath (January)

Edited by Thomson1874

Parttimer1874
Just now, Thomson1874 said:

Goalkeepers

• Craig Gordon - 2022
  • Ross Stewart - 2023

Right Backs

• Michael Smith - 2022
  • Cammy Logan - 2023
  • Jamie Brandon - 2022

Centre Backs

• John Souttar - 2022
  • Craig Halkett - 2022
  • Mihai Popescu - 2022

Left Backs

• Stephen Kingsley - 2022
  • Alex Cochrane - 2022 (Loan)

Centre Midfielders

• Beni Baningime - 2024
  • Ben Woodburn - 2022 (Loan)
  • Peter Haring - 2022
  • Aaron McEneff - 2023
  • Andy Halliday - 2022
  • Jamie Walker - 2022
  • Finlay Pollock
  • Connor Smith - 2022

Wide Midfielders

• Gary Mackay-Steven - 2023
  • Josh Ginnelly - 2023
  • Jordan Roberts - 2022

Forwards

• Liam Boyce - 2023
  • Armand Gnanduillet - 2022
  • Euan Henderson - 2022

On Loan

• Harry Stone - Partick Thistle (Season)
  • Scott McGill - Airdrie (January)
  • Chris Hamilton - Arbroath (January)

Jeez, we're going to be thin on the ground next Summer unless we get some extensions sorted

8 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

The chances of Robbie playing all three at the same time.........NIL

Ha ha maybe. We'll soon see how adventurous Robbie will be.

I do actually think he wants a more attacking midfield supporting Boyce but feel free to call me naively optimistic!

Excellent signing and a huge bonus to get him for the season. He looks to have real quality. It says so many positive things that both Woodburn and Beni have been pushing for moves to us to go through. Welcome Ben!

39 minutes ago, bazman said:

Wolves goalkeeper wore number 11 the last few seasons

That was because the No.1 Carl Ikeme was recovering from Leukemia so Rui Patricio didn't take the number as a sign of respect

Get your point tho

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Is Scottish football really that bad that it’s easier to get a game for Hearts than League 1?! 

Actually, it’s probably an easier route for European football for these players. This should be a minimum target for us this season. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Actually, it’s probably an easier route for European football for these players. This should be a minimum target for us this season. 

St Johnstone and Aberdeen one game away from a small bonanza for playing average teams 

3 minutes ago, Parttimer1874 said:

Jeez, we're going to be thin on the ground next Summer unless we get some extensions sorted

Definitely, I like the way Savage has went about his business so far so it will be interesting to see who he prioritises for new contracts!

Geoff Kilpatrick

As long as Woodburn is better than Conor Randall, the last scouser we got on loan, I'm happy. And given Randall was utter pish that can't be difficult.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

St Johnstone and Aberdeen one game away from a small bonanza for playing average teams 

Absolutely, it’s a major selling point for our club, I would have thought… especially with this Euro Conference. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

Definitely, I like the way Savage has went about his business so far so it will be interesting to see who he prioritises for new contracts!

2 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

it’s a positive thing.  Players will need to play for a contract.. we have the opportunity to replace players who need replaced 

Our budget should start increasing next season again. Hopefully our benefactors feel generous and help when they can. Player sales should hopefully go straight back into playing squad. Feeling more confident now that we are going in right direction.

Aussie Jambo
35 minutes ago, Costanza said:

A Kiwi ex colleague of mine who is a Wellington fan messaged me after Devlin signed to say:

"Mate, your new signing is a genius. Absolute wonder kid for us.

He was unbelievable for us and was MOM every other game".

Obviously the A- league quality is key but I have high hopes for this signing.

A-League is pretty good standards nowadays. I would say it’s way above SPL easy. Probably English Championship standards. It has really established itself since it started in 2004. I’ve been a Sydney FC fan since it began. It was a bit crap to start with but now I’d say its pretty good football. Lots of Scottish players have came down to play here plus a lot of the National squad has Scottish connections. Devlin is a great player. Wait till he plays and finds his feet. He will be an asset for us. 

20 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Woah, we've got a player here. Let's hope Robbie gives him a game!

Strikes the ball sweetly with both feet from outside the box!

4 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

A-League is pretty good standards nowadays. I would say it’s way above SPL easy. Probably English Championship standards. It has really established itself since it started in 2004. I’ve been a Sydney FC fan since it began. It was a bit crap to start with but now I’d say its pretty good football. Lots of Scottish players have came down to play here plus a lot of the National squad has Scottish connections. Devlin is a great player. Wait till he plays and finds his feet. He will be an asset for us. 

Spot on 👍

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

As long as Woodburn is better than Conor Randall, the last scouser we got on loan, I'm happy. And given Randall was utter pish that can't be difficult.

Christ, I’d forgotten about him!  We’ve not done very well with loan signings from Liverpool, Man U and Man City, hopefully that trend is about to end!

Think and hope he will be a great signing. Looks like it’s a replica of the Beni scenario. 2 young players coming through with 2 top EPL teams and each being at their respective clubs for a good amount of time 

Cant argue with this at all. Definitely looks like JS and staff are working hard for us and to get the right player in. Excited to see how this one will turn out and adds some much needed depth up front 

Unknown user
3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

who is the other? as beni came from everton

3 hours ago, DS98 said:

GMS but not sure if that’s what he meant 

Correct

David McCaig
58 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So like impatient children, we say "I want another one." 

Who is next? We are in complete silence again, though considering we only found out about the interest in Woodburn last Tuesday lets hope something happens in the next few days.

Given the quality of Beni and Ben, I think we are all excited at the prospect of similar Calibre signings being made.

Imagine how good things would be if we brought in a genuine wing back(s) at Beni’s level!!

8 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Cheers mate , sounds encouraging.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Spot on 👍

How many times have you seen Devlin play Bongo?  Who even shows the A League here - Sky?  

weegie jambo
11 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Ha ha maybe. We'll soon see how adventurous Robbie will be.

I do actually think he wants a more attacking midfield supporting Boyce but feel free to call me naively optimistic!

OK Mr Naively Optimistic!  I'd love Robbie to play all 3. I was willing him to start with McEniff on Sunday but he insists on 2 defensive midfielders every time. To be honest the current 3-4-3 formation doesn't really suit playing an offensive midfield. Better go back to a flat back 4 and give a wingback place to someone who is going to get box to box. But then we have a defence problem. The three at the back plus two wingbacks works, notwithstanding Smith not being very good at the role, but until we get a more dominant CH then a back four maybe isn't the way to go?

Aussie Jambo

Just a sample of last year. Not sure about the start but the football speaks for itself. Some cracking goals here. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I’m a bit gutted about Michael Smith. He’s getting painful to watch at times now. Agree with all the positions you want filled but we need a pacy RWB who can cross the ball. What a difference that would make. 

He frustrates me; always has. Reliably average since the day he joined but was/is so often ineffective when trying to move further forward. He hasn’t improved in his time with us. However, the quality of squad round about him has diminished during his time so by comparison he looked more effective than he actually is.

With the arrival of more quality playing alongside again his limitations are once again more obvious.

Aussie Jambo

Super happy that we finally got  Woodburn. Who are the other 3 we keep hearing. Answer on a postcard to JKB Edinburgh. 😂

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Hopefully a good signing.

Now, who’s next?

Devlin then 2 more I’ve heard 

John Findlay
20 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cummings. 

That they took from Hearts?

How about one Hibs nurtured from the start?

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Devlin then 2 more I’ve heard 

right back, centre back and another striker required 

11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That they took from Hearts?

How about one Hibs nurtured from the start?

Cummings was let go at u17s level, joined Hutchinson Vale, then played at olivebank musselburgh in a final scoring a total of 7 goals in one game, to then be asked after the game if he wanted to join Hibs. 

From a scout that came onto the pitch after the game had finished 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

4 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

OK Mr Naively Optimistic!  I'd love Robbie to play all 3. I was willing him to start with McEniff on Sunday but he insists on 2 defensive midfielders every time. To be honest the current 3-4-3 formation doesn't really suit playing an offensive midfield. Better go back to a flat back 4 and give a wingback place to someone who is going to get box to box. But then we have a defence problem. The three at the back plus two wingbacks works, notwithstanding Smith not being very good at the role, but until we get a more dominant CH then a back four maybe isn't the way to go?

I don't think Halkett is as good in a 4 and that and more scope for Souttar to step into midfield, I think influences us playing 3 at the back. A 3 with a sitting midfielder plus a box to box one in front should give us more scope to be on the front foot but the key as you is the wingbacks, as that width would better suit if we play with 2 sitting or even if we just want to go a bit more adventurous and just have the one sitting.

31 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

The A League is absolute dugshite …

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cummings was let go at u17s level, joined Hutchinson Vale, then played at olivebank musselburgh in a final scoring a total of 7 goals in one game, to then be asked after the game if he wanted to join Hibs. 

From a scout that came onto the pitch after the game had finished 👍

You don't know then.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***