***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

So is this Liverpool lad arrived today then or what? Read he was meant to be getting a medical. What is it? X-rays or what?

?

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So is this Liverpool lad arrived today then or what? Read he was meant to be getting a medical. What is it? X-rays or what?

?

😂😂 was thinking the same bud.

8 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

I like C.Smith. Seems like an intelligent player, still just 19 so has time to improve

Morrison has found a new home at Falkirk, doing very well. Sure someone like Livi will pick him up soon

He's alright, but that's my point he is just alright. Again, don't think he'll make it here but I'd be delighted to be wrong and for him to come good. I'd like nothing more than for a young player to crack on and make it into the first team. 

Morrison is doing well at Falkirk. He has improved a lot, is scoring goals, just extended his contract by 2yr, good on him. He's the better player of the bunch now, but I thought he was probably 2nd best out of McDonald, Henderson, Smith, Moore etc when they were all playing in the Reserves together with McDonald probably being the better player at the time. Him and Keena were quite regularly on the scoresheet.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

They get picked up by the old firm especially rangers as the guy is always at games.

Central league is one of the best leagues for talent as well.

Is that why they go to the old firm?

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We live in hope. That pitch is a joke. 

Guess which Grangemouth based club also have an artificial surface.

Our younger players tend to reach a certain level and then.......well, that's it. For the last few years our own youth academy has been basically preparing players for other clubs, and at our expense. I have no idea why they reach that certain level and then stagnate. The youth academy costs a fair bit of cash to run and we rarely see anything financially out of it. I think Hibs got rid of theirs, and i can understand why. Back in the day, kids were scouted from boys clubs like Edina Hibs, Mussellburgh Windsor, Salvason's BC  and many others. I haven't heard of these clubs (if they're even still on the go) supplying the likes of ourselves with players in years. The youth academy is a waste of time and money if it's not providing us with the quality to get money back through transfers. You see the likes of Cochrane, McDonald, Morrison etc walk away from Hearts for next to nothing and ask yourself if it's even worth the bother. Hopefully Logan, Smith and a few others can turn the tide and show the youth academy can work. However, i fear they will go down the same road as plenty others before them. The whole set-up needs badly looked at.

Edited by jambonian

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Could do Connor Smith too. 

He filled in at RWB in pre season and did very well. Much better in attack but has the speed to recover defensively

He said he’s going out on loan along with all the other youngsters that have little chance of ever playing more than a minute in the first team. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Guess which Grangemouth based club also have an artificial surface.

Of course. Forgot about that. A seamless astroturf transfer fro him 😂

17 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

?

Full MOT basically checking there's no underlying issues or injuries that may cause us an issue 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

?

Has to self isolate for ten days 😱😜

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

no he wouldn’t 😂 he also need to be able to defend.. 

yes he would he was outstanding in the position under Stendel 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Has to self isolate for ten days 😱😜

Don’t say things like that ! 😏this is Hearts after all 🤷‍♂️

jamboinglasgow
37 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

stone-cold-steve-austin.gif

I would not expect anything till after 4pm or tomorrow. Will need to get things signed and submitted and photographs taken.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He said he’s going out on loan along with all the other youngsters that have little chance of ever playing more than a minute in the first team. 

Yeah, but he may get a chance to play there next weekend if M. Smith is injured

That's why others were suggesting McEneff to be at a RWB although he's never played there 

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Define “outstanding” because I thought we were absolutely shite defensively under stendel continuing to leak horrendous numbers of goals in cavalier fashion, and it shows in his record of 2 wins from 14 league games. I wouldn’t deem any player who took to the pitch under either manager that season “outstanding” 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Yeah, but he may get a chance to play there next weekend if M. Smith is injured

That's why others were suggesting McEneff to be at a RWB although he's never played there 

McEneff has played there apparently, according to the manager who would play anyone there instead of a youngster.
He played Halkett and Popescu there last season ffs. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, One five said:

Don’t say things like that ! 😏this is Hearts after all 🤷‍♂️

Just a tasteless pop at Liverpool, you’re right though unlike the guy yesterday in front of me that said “Boyce hasn’t missed a penalty for us” I shouldn’t tempt fate. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

no he really really wasn’t. Your expectations are broken becuase we were so unbelievably shit.

the boy couldn’t tackle a fish supper, positionally disasterous.  He improved massively under Stendel but he cannot play a defensive position in any circumstance. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

McEneff has played there apparently, according to the manager who would play anyone there instead of a youngster.
He played Halkett and Popescu there last season ffs. 

FWIW I think McEneff would be a good RWB.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

A bit like Gary Mackay he certainly has the energy for it, why he wasn’t tried there in pre season is anyone’s guess. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just a tasteless pop at Liverpool, you’re right though unlike the guy yesterday in front of me that said “Boyce hasn’t missed a penalty for us” I shouldn’t tempt fate. 

Funny the guy behind me shouted “ you’ve been p**h the the day Boyce diiny mis it “ I thought here we go “fate” but it he hit it superbly 👍

6 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I have been punting this for a while and totally agree.

When Smith got injured yesterday. I was hoping we would see Henderson come on and McEneff move into that position but Smith recovered. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He missed one last season in a midweek game at home. 

Hit it soft as hell and keeper saved. ref gave a re-take and he smashed it over the bar.

BackOfTheNet
16 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I would not expect anything till after 4pm or tomorrow. Will need to get things signed and submitted and photographs taken.

Baningime was announced at about 8pm for some weird reason, so who knows anymore. But I’d like something announced ASAP. Here for the klaxons and scarves.

Pasquale for King
Just now, One five said:

Funny the guy behind me shouted “ you’ve been p**h the the day Boyce diiny mis it “ I thought here we go “fate” but it he hit it superbly 👍

I’m sure he missed one last season but he’s a good penalty taker, has his limitations in pace and takes a bit too long sometimes but is an excellent player who will hopefully link up well with Woodburn. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Tommy Brown said:

He missed one last season in a midweek game at home. 

Hit it soft as hell and keeper saved. ref gave a re-take and he smashed it over the bar.

Yeah I thought he had 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Baningime was announced at about 8pm for some weird reason, so who knows anymore. But I’d like something announced ASAP. Here for the klaxons and scarves.

5am would be good, just get that scarf above the heid ffs. 

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I agree he is worth a try there but I think we will wait till after the derby win. Maybe try it in Dingwall.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

5am would be good, just get that scarf above the heid ffs. 

That would be nice, think we all need a bit of a lift after Sunday 👍

Edited by One five

16 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Worth a punt. I’m not impressed with him thus far. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Cheers for posting. Is there some sort of crime about to take place in the background?

:lol: Just  a friendly old man handing out sweeties to the local teenagers. Nothing to see there :whistling:

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

:lol: Just  a friendly old man handing out sweeties to the local teenagers. Nothing to see there :whistling:

😂

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m sure he missed one last season but he’s a good penalty taker, has his limitations in pace and takes a bit too long sometimes but is an excellent player who will hopefully link up well with Woodburn. 

Spot on, think sometimes he is looking for support that we don’t give him enough of our “new” midfield player’s will hopefully help🤞

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Maybe they are taking time filming the unveiling video. If so something like this please 

That is outstanding 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Cheers for posting. Is there some sort of crime about to take place in the background?

Every chance if its in Liverpool. 

1 hour ago, Disco Ball said:

Joe Savage explained the process as being "Robbie provides the positional requirement, type of player,  and physical attributes he wants the new player to have and the job for him and his staff is to come up with a list of options then between him and Robbie they determine who to target" ... not sure that means Robbie has little or no part in the selection of our transfer targets

Come on, surely you know by now that giving Robbie any credit at all is a nono on jkb

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Come on, surely you know by now that giving Robbie any credit at all is a nono on jkb

Only responsible for the failings is our Bob :lol:

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, One five said:

Spot on, think sometimes he is looking for support that we don’t give him enough of our “new” midfield player’s will hopefully help🤞

Definitely. 

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Maybe they are taking time filming the unveiling video. If so something like this please 

:wow:

That’s genius!

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Old couple arguing about who should pick up the dog pooh. 😍

17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

🤣🤣🤣... why does he walk like broonaldo?

Edited by Rogue Daddy

15 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Worth a punt. I’m not impressed with him thus far. 

Not sure why he hasn’t “impressed”you as he has rarely been allowed to play in the role he was brought here to play. However, for me he has shown he would make a RWB because to play RWB requires

1 energy, he has loads,

2 being able to take and be comfortable on the ball in tight situations, he does this really well and has probably only given the ball away a handful of times in his time here.

3 good delivery, he might be the best we have.

4 be able to defend, this is the only part of his game we do not know about BUT given Souttar’s form/dominance it may be less important than getting us up the park consistently and providing good deliveries.

Edited by bobskeldon

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:

Not sure why he hasn’t “impressed”you as he has rarely been allowed to play in the role he was brought here to play. However, for me he has shown he would make a REB because to play RWB requires

1 energy, he has loads,

2 being able to take and be comfortable on the ball in tight situations, he does this really well and has probably only given the ball away a handful of times in his time here.

3 good delivery, he might be the best we have.

4 be able to defend, this is the only part of his game we do not know about BUT given Souttar’s form/dominance it may be less important than getting us up the park consistently and providing good deliveries.

The more you think about it the better it seems, especially if we continue with two DMs. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣🤣🤣... why does walk like broonaldo?

Think he is mimicing how the character in the game moves.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***