***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Vlad the impaler

Tbh I think bongo has a point. How are we to judge if these players can be hearts players if they don’t get a run of games playing for hearts. How do become a hearts player with the pressures that come with it playing for Dumbarton,Cowdenbeath,Alloa? Last season Robbie said covid was to blame/too much at stake to play them! That will always be the case at hearts so give them a run. Not one game then dropped never to be seen again

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

What's your point?

Bit of a Hibs love in his post... Strange behaviour

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The strength of the Aberdeen team today, physically, unfortunately our League is not a great place for young players unless physically up to it.

The standards are going up, if young players are to break through they really are going to have to push themselves really hard. 

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Tbh I think bongo has a point. How are we to judge if these players can be hearts players if they don’t get a run of games playing for hearts. How do become a hearts player with the pressures that come with it playing for Dumbarton,Cowdenbeath,Alloa? Last season Robbie said covid was to blame/too much at stake to play them! That will always be the case at hearts so give them a run. Not one game then dropped never to be seen again

The coaching staff will seem them in reserve games and in training. 

They will have a good idea of who will improve the squad, who isn't good enough and who needs game time on loan to develop. 

There is no point in playing youth unless they improve us on the park. 

If players are good enough they will play. 

Really simple Tbh. 

We could with a striker like Jet. He changed the game for Aberdeen. we’re too lightweight up top and they won every header from our punts up the park.

Vlad the impaler
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They will have a good idea of who will improve the squad, who isn't good enough and who needs game time on loan to develop. 

Really simple Tbh. 

I know you get off on calling everyone else that doesn’t agree with your opinion simple,but you really must be just that if you can’t see the body of evidence so far that indicates our manager doesn’t trust young players enough to play. No matter if they’re good enough or not

23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The strength of the Aberdeen team today, physically, unfortunately our League is not a great place for young players unless physically up to it.

The standards are going up, if young players are to break through they really are going to have to push themselves really hard. 

Thought their right back Calvin Ramsay did really well, 18 years old.

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Really simple Tbh. 

What reserve  games?

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

What's your point?

That saying Aberdeen are this and that for what they have done in the past is irrelevant 😂, it's not me making the excuses and abusing other posters? 

28 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Bit of a Hibs love in his post... Strange behaviour

What is Hibs about it 😂 the fact I pointed out that him saying Aberdeen are a top 4 team for a decade means jack, because Hibs showed they can / did finish above them last season, am i a liar or just presenting the facts? 

Get this folks we must take into consideration,that Aberdeen 

have been a top four team for the last decade. 

So if we draw against them or lose that's why.

And when we play against Hibs we must also take into consideration that they managed to finish 3rd in a tougher league than we did, honestly pure and utter b******s. 

And they have finished above us the last 3-4 seasons 🙄🤔

Never heard so much Tosh in my life. 

14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Here is Woodburn assisting Hal-Robson Kanu for Wales against Moldova

I Know its only a loan deal, but i would love to have a permanent option on him, imagine having the option of 433 with Beni / Haring/ or  Devlin, Woodburn just of Boyce and GMS and Ginnelly out wide, then Walker and Mceneff as options with Pollock and Smith too, though it's looking like the younger ones will be loaned out. 

Woodburn can play out wide  so it's good he can cover a few positions. 

Scored on his debut for Wales. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I Know its only a loan deal, but i would love to have a permanent option on him, imagine having the option of 433 with Beni / Haring/ or  Devlin, Woodburn just of Boyce and GMS and Ginnelly out wide, then Walker and Mceneff as options with Pollock and Smith too, though it's looking like the younger ones will be loaned out. 

Woodburn can play out wide too so it's good he can cover a few positions. 

Yup, our attackers are quite fluid up front so it allows plenty of options. Thrown in Gnadulliet who could be a target man and you have options. The fact that Robbie says Henderson will go out on loan (think a loan where he can score and get his confidence up would work really well) suggests that we are after another striker.

7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, our attackers are quite fluid up front so it allows plenty of options. Thrown in Gnadulliet who could be a target man and you have options. The fact that Robbie says Henderson will go out on loan (think a loan where he can score and get his confidence up would work really well) suggests that we are after another striker.

Would keep Henderson but if he can get regular game time at say a Partick or something, playing every week then i would take that,so when he comes back he's ready for next season first team, ideally i think we need someone better than Gnanduillet to give Boyce competition, what about the guy that Woodburn sets up would you take him over Gnanduillet, free agent and I reckon he would push Boyce to start 😉

Edited by Bongo 1874

Surely Woodburn most likely to play in one of the front 3 positions?

The articles I saw on him suggested he’s an inside left forward?

Midfield two will be Beni + Devlin/Haring/McEneff surely. 

Rick Sanchez
11 minutes ago, CMc said:

Aye, Beni is untouchable in midfield :laugh:

I'm not sure on Woodburn, I'd have thought the 10 but we seem more confident in the 3-4-3. It would have to be one of the front 3.

When we made the subs and changed formation yesterday we looked utterly clueless. Almost like we'd never worked on it before. Couldn't get out, couldn't attack, couldn't string a pass.

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Busy last 8 days of window with ins and outs at Hearts coming up 

Seems like it. RN said 3 or 4 coming in, I just hope one is a centre back and one is a RWB. 

25 minutes ago, CMc said:

Midfield two should be Beni and McEneff. We have to get a player coming through the centre linking with our forwards. We are far too predictable right now. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Midfield two should be Beni and McEneff. We have to get a player coming through the centre linking with our forwards. We are far too predictable right now. 

Crying out for a colin Cameron type who goes behond the forwards

Vlad the impaler
7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Crying out for a colin Cameron type who goes behond the forwards

I’m sure that’s what McEneff was bought to do,just needs a run in that position 

A_A wehatethehibs
26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Seems like it. RN said 3 or 4 coming in, I just hope one is a centre back and one is a RWB. 

It’ll need to be at least 4 then because neither Devlin or Woodburn are. 

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Both automatically slot into the starting line up and make it instantly better which is what you want from any signings.

Yesterday showed that defensively we are far better with a back 3 as opposed to a 4, but the lack of a genuine wing back on either the right or left hand side is a concern when it comes to breaking teams down.

9 hours ago, Chaps said:

We could with a striker like Jet. He changed the game for Aberdeen. we’re too lightweight up top and they won every header from our punts up the park.

He was exceptional when he came on. Changed the game for them.

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Both automatically slot into the starting line up and make it instantly better which is what you want from any signings.

Yesterday showed that defensively we are far better with a back 3 as opposed to a 4, but the lack of a genuine wing back on either the right or left hand side is a concern when it comes to breaking teams down.

Yes both look good signings on paper, but neither of them are CB or RWB  so it’ll need to be a minimum of 4 inbound players if we are to get those gaps in the squad plugged. 

We are only better with a 3 than a 4 for 1 reason only. Halkett can’t play in a 4. So get him launched and get a decent Center half in. CB has been my number 1 priority every transfer window for the last 3 years since Berra’s injury basically. But we have still not got anyone decent in.

23 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Would be such a shame if we didn't get those two positions filled. We are close to having a good side.

Alongside the much talked about CB and RB we need another option up front. Boyce didn’t win a ball in the air all day. I get that’s not his game but sometimes you need that option , especially if we can get the midfield more on the front foot with the supposed new signings.

2 minutes ago, munro9 said:

Alongside the much talked about CB and RB we need another option up front. Boyce didn’t win a ball in the air all day. I get that’s not his game but sometimes you need that option , especially if we can get the midfield more on the front foot with the supposed new signings.

Yep and two forwards for a whole season is just asking for trouble.

Edited by steve123

Listened to Beni in hospitality lounge after the game yesterday talking about Woodburn and how he has played with him. Clearly excited by his arrival and could be the type of midfielder we have been missing. 

Just now, PapaShango said:

Listened to Beni in hospitality lounge after the game yesterday talking about Woodburn and how he has played with him. Clearly excited by his arrival and could be the type of midfielder we have been missing. 

I'm getting confused with the various things I have read about Woodburn. Is he more of a forward or a midfielder?

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I'm getting confused with the various things I have read about Woodburn. Is he more of a forward or a midfielder?

Attacking midfielder (but can play left, right or centre when attacking.)

6 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I presume you mean played against rather than played with, as dont think either have been on the same team.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I presume you mean played against rather than played with, as dont think either have been on the same team.

Not sure if he said with or against, maybe played together in youth teams in Liverpool previously. Certainly thinks he is a good player which is what I took from it.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
13 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I thought he would have kicked on after end of last season as had some really bright moments. Another year in the championship could do him some good

I think Neilson has grossly mismanaged Hendo and possible damaged his career.

You saw when Stendel played him and at the end of last season (the 2 or 3 games he got more then 45 mins) that he can benefit the team - pace, power and the start of knowing how to make the right runs.

There was no reason whatsoever not to give him a run of games last season in a shite league - he’ll never build confidence being stripped and ready to play with 10 mins left and then coming on in injury time as happened yesterday for example. Quite the opposite.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think Neilson has grossly mismanaged Hendo and possible damaged his career.

You saw when Stendel played him and at the end of last season (the 2 or 3 games he got more then 45 mins) that he can benefit the team - pace, power and the start of knowing how to make the right runs.

There was no reason whatsoever not to give him a run of games last season in a shite league - he’ll never build confidence being stripped and ready to play with 10 mins left and then coming on in injury time as an example.

Henderson should have came on for GMS yesterday not mcenuff. Robbie obviously doesn’t rate the lad. 

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Can play wide in midfield, or wide in a 3, or in the 10 role. 

Been used in those roles at various times. Think (hope) we'll be using him as a 10. Stop Boyce dropping deep, and can switch him out with either Gino or GMS when needed too.

14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thanks. Makes sense now.

7 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Henderson should have came on for GMS yesterday not mcenuff. Robbie obviously doesn’t rate the lad. 

To be fair Henderson has had more opportunities than any of the other youngsters and isn't good enough for this level. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

To be fair Henderson has had more opportunities than any of the other youngsters and isn't good enough for this level. 

Not really in his own position though. All his appearances under Stendel were as a wide midfielder where his responsibility was to pin opposition full backs back.

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Not sure if he said with or against, maybe played together in youth teams in Liverpool previously. Certainly thinks he is a good player which is what I took from it.

No worries, yeah sounds like he knows him well and certainly pleasing if he rates him.

3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I agree. Don’t have many options on bench at all. Haven’t seen anything mceneff really offer much either though. 

chuck berrys hairline
1 minute ago, Andyp1874 said:

I agree. Don’t have many options on bench at all. Haven’t seen anything mceneff really offer much either though. 

He came on and atleast took men on rather than the square or backwards pass. He needs a run of games and little more belief imo

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Andyp1874 said:

He looked bright when he came on yesterday. He needs a run of games to fully get going. Could be a slow burner.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not really in his own position though. All his appearances under Stendel were as a wide midfielder where his responsibility was to pin opposition full backs back.

And he was very average under Stendel as well. 

10 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Agree with this. Don't think he's good enough unfortunately. Neither is Conor Smith IMO. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Think this is fair.  I also felt that RN could have supported Haring's return to fitness better last season,  a big part of which is psychological - must have been demoralising for him to get some game time and then not get a look in for ages,  with Halliday getting plenty of chances despite poor performances - I know his form would have been patchy but it was the Championship and he could have been built up with subs appearances.   I know the jury is out on his recovery and if he will get back to how he was before.     I also feel for McAneff and it must be hard for him right now and he must be wondering why he's not getting more minutes. 

Really need two wingbacks that get forward if we are going to stick with the 5221 formation. Yesterday was as like playing with a flat back 5 with Ginelly and GMS as wing backs. 

5 minutes ago, karipidis said:

And he was very average under Stendel as well. 

Don't disagree. I think a loan might be best, He just isn't gong to play enough for us.

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Agree with this. Don't think he's good enough unfortunately. Neither is Conor Smith IMO. 

Smith hasn’t had the game time to warrant the same criticism Henderson has. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***