***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Youth will play if good enough. 

If not good enough- they won't. 

It's not particularly difficult to understand. 

For once smithy you saved me typing

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Is Jamie Brandon fit? From what I recall he’s more attack minded than Smith so might be a better shout in there at rwb. At least until we can sort out a signing. 

Hes out till December from what I read.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Pretty much. It gets a bit more difficult for fans to deal with when a stream of fairly poor journeyman play badly week after week but thankfully we are not in that position. 

39 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Simply we either do this wait it out and get players like beni and Woodburn, or push the panic button at the start start of each window and end up with a damour and vanecek 🤨. 7 points from the first 3 games with players coming in certainly isn’t bad 

Good post mate. Going along nice and steady as things stand. It can only get better with 2 or 3 positive acquisitions. 

Looking forward to seeing what the next few days brings in terms of player movement. 

2 minutes ago, gaza_1986 said:

Zak Rudden is sh*te can we please stop saying we should sign him. Rotten and not good enough 

Oooh?!

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Pollock is injured , Henderson is not good enough. Beni and Cochrane are both young. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, just Neilson said he would give them a chance? Do you feel he has given youth a chance? 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah, just Neilson said he would give them a chance? Do you feel he has given youth a chance? 

Yep. Cochrane and Beni are young. Pollock was getting game time but got injured. We are three league games in. 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

The only options we had really were Jamie Walker, Aaron McEneff and Euan Henderson – who will go out on loan as well. We need more in there.”

Bit of a slap in the pus for C Smith that isn't it.

Wouldn't he have been worth a wee run to see if he had a spark?

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yep. Cochrane and Beni are young. Pollock was getting game time but got injured. We are three league games in. 

Don't think Neilson was meaning them in particular when said article was put out, think he was talking about Connor Smith, Henderson, Pollock, Mcgill, Logan, can honestly say I haven't seen any get regular game time this season, but Aberdeen had Ramsay, Mackenzie, and Campbell, that seem to be playing regularly for them Mclennan?. 

How many gets regular game time from our youth. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Don't think Neilson was meaning them in particular when said article was put out, think he was talking about Connor Smith, Henderson, Pollock, Mcgill, Logan, can honestly say I haven't seen any get regular game this season, but Aberdeen had Ramsay, Ferguson, Mackenzie, and Campbell, that seem to be playing regularly for them mclennan?. 

They signed Ferguson from Hamilton.

20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Pollock is injured , Henderson is not good enough. Beni and Cochrane are both young. 

As is Logan.  Both would have featured today if fit. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Giving them a chance means lots of things. 

Only a simpleton would think a manager would chuck players that are not good enough into a side for the sake of it. 

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

They signed Ferguson from Hamilton.

Yeah didn't mean to put him my apologies edited out 👍

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Giving them a chance means lots of things. 

Only a simpleton would think a manager would chuck players that are not good enough into a side for the sake of it. 

Is the abuse really necessary? Can't you have a debate without throwing insults honestly?. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

He was talking about attacking options to change the game, I heard his interview driving home. 

Holyrood_Hearts

Nobody can honestly say youth players have had a chance under Robbie Neilson. It’s just not true.

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Don't think Neilson was meaning them in particular when said article was put out, think he was talking about Connor Smith, Henderson, Pollock, Mcgill, Logan, can honestly say I haven't seen any get regular game this season, but Aberdeen had Ramsay, Mackenzie, and Campbell, that seem to be playing regularly for them Mclennan?. 

Logan and pollock are both injured but I get where you’re coming from. I’ve never really watched the youth team or reserves so although I’d love them to get more game time I don’t feel I can insist on it because I don’t know if they are good enough. I’m not against it happening though. 

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Has given Pollock chances but now injured. Hasn’t been able to give Logan a chance due to injury. Smith had chances in the league cup group games. Darge and Denholm getting bench experience. Cant really complain. 

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah didn't mean to put him my apologies edited out 👍

I get your point though, but you wouldn’t play pollock over our midfielders at the minute. Although take Gordon out, we might have the youngest starting 11 out the leagues. Especially when Devlin and woodburn turn up.

Bazzas right boot

Is the abuse really necessary? Can't you have a debate without throwing insults honestly?. 

You're not after a debate. 

I said "only a simpleton would". 

If You thought that was directed at you... 

🤷‍♂️

Just now, GinRummy said:

Logan and pollock are both injured but I get where you’re coming from. I’ve never really watched the youth team or reserves so although I’d love them to get more game time I don’t feel I can insist on it because I don’t know if they are good enough. I’m not against it happening though. 

Personally feel they can only improve if we give them the opportunity, which Aberdeen seem to have done with the four in, Mackenzie, Ramsay, Mclennan, Campbell. 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Has given Pollock chances but now injured. Hasn’t been able to give Logan a chance due to injury. Smith had chances in the league cup group games. Darge and Denholm getting bench experience. Cant really complain. 

Yeah if you say, well judging on Pollocks performances up until he got injured he certainly should start ahead of Haring. 

Lets see if Robbie does that though. 

Smith don't feel he's been give a chance tbh. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Personally feel they can only improve if we give them the opportunity, which Aberdeen seem to have done with the four in, Mackenzie, Ramsay, Mclennan, Campbell. 

You might be right. Other than names on a team sheet I know nothing about those Aberdeen players either. 

Actually, my total lack of any real knowledge on the subject makes me wonder why I’m having this conversation, so I’ll bow out. I do like seeing young players get games though. 

Yeah if you say, well judging on Pollocks performances up until he for injured he certainly should start ahead of Haring. 

Lets see if Robbie does that though. 

Smith don't feel he's been give a chance tbh. 

He has had chances but hasn’t done anything so far this season. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're not after a debate. 

I said "only a simpleton would". 

If You thought that was directed at you... 

🤷‍♂️

Okay so why would i post on this forum, you don't call people that for the sake of it jeez 🙄

Fxxx the SPFL
10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Conor Smith was a stand out during the game against Edinburgh city far better than Hendo I would have had him on instead of Walker 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

He has had chances but hasn’t done anything so far this season. 

You don't think he's performed better than Haring at centre midfield?. 

21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hes out till December from what I read.

Some awful luck he’s had with injuries. Seems like every time we need him he’s injured. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aberdeen have been a top 4 side for a decade, competing in Europe and were covering thier own injuries. 

We are a newly promoted side rebuilding for a top flight campaign. 

If youth are good enough they will play. 

If not they won't and neither they should. 

It's that simple. 

We should play players based on thier ability and form, not age. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Some awful luck he’s had with injuries. Seems like every time we need him he’s injured. 

I know, he got a bad injury last season and still recovering from it. He deserves a break, though its mad he is 23. I would suggest he has a loan for the rest of the season when he comes back so he can get some game time.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Was talking about Conor 

Sorry my apologies, but I think we are being a bit harsh on Connor, thought the lad was decent against the mackems tbh 👍

gorgie rools
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Was impressed with Ramsey & Campbell today. Played well

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aberdeen have been a top 4 side for a decade, competing in Europe and were covering thier own injuries. 

We are a newly promoted side rebuilding for a top flight campaign. 

If youth are good enough they will play. 

If not they won't and neither they should. 

It's that simple. 

We should play players based on thier ability and form, not age. 

But on paper that means nothing, because Hibs haven't been a top 4 team the last decade but finished above Aberdeen last season. 

Just like Rangers over Celtic. 

And you have to take into account Aberdeen had 2-3 players out today. 

They are Consistent, but Hibs showed last season you can finish above them something we haven't done in a very long time. 

Delighted that Woodburn seems to be a done deal. Today would’ve been perfect for him to come on in the number 10 role instead of Walker as we’re crying out for a bit of creativity in midfield. 

If we are going to continue playing with three CBs then we need another quality CB in before the end of the window. Kingsley has missed a few games now and we need some cover in there with Soapys injury history as playing Halliday on the left weakens us massively.

Smith seems to be struggling with fitness towards the end of games now as well, a RWB is needed as we didn’t have anything on the bench to rest him towards the end of the game. 

Being greedy I would like another winger in to provide a bit of competition for Gino and GMS as they both know they are guaranteed starters at the moment.

Quite evident from today we need more in the attacking area. As soon as Ginelly went off we had no threat. Woodburn, Devlin, a centre half and someone who can play in any of the three forward positions. If the right players are available then maybe 2 who can play in the forward positions with one more of a striker. Definitely going to be a busy week

8 minutes ago, gorgie rools said:

Was impressed with Ramsey & Campbell today. Played well

Yeah would love to have Souttar and McCrorie as a back two for Scotland and Hearts, very composed players classy, Aberdeen raved on about huddy mckenna but I tell you what, McCrorie is twice the player of him. 

Looks better on the ball and defending quite incredible they got a fee for that huddy mckenna tbh. 

But yeah ramsay looks a good player, wouldn't mind him and Logan at right back for the future battling it out, with Smith offering cover at centre back and Right back but for the most part being a sub as he is getting on now, but still a steady player to have. 

Campbell is left footed and usually plays in midfield but was asked to play left back today, because of Hayes picking up an injury, but like you said he had a very good game. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Rick Sanchez

I couldn't give a shit about playing youth tbh and we shouldn't be unless there's clear signs that they're able. Clear evidence in training or a succesful loan spell.

I'd take the Brentford model all day long.

1 hour ago, Jambos1983 said:

Or end up paying fees for Australians you didn't need to pay a fee for indeed

how could we have avoided a fee?

10 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I couldn't give a shit about playing youth tbh and we shouldn't be unless there's clear signs that they're able. Clear evidence in training or a succesful loan spell.

That works if you can bring in players cheap, which cheap for Brentford is buying players for £2mil say and punting them on for £25mil. 

Now unless Hearts have someone in the market who is prepared to speculate to accumulate, then we will have to try our best to pick up loans, maybe the odd small fee here and there, with picking up players on pre contracts or free transfers. 

If we scrap our academy and say Hibs pick up two or three Doigs and manage to sell them on for huge profit, you can't honestly tell me you would be happy at that. 

Heart of Midlothian football club should always have an academy, that's not to say we can't adopt certain aspects of Brentfords model and use it to our advantage, but this requires having the money and cash to do that, and Hearts don't seem like the club to stockpile players for the sake of it, like say Chelsea can and do 👍

May I also add that Brentford try to play attacking football, with a high press. 

Thomas Frank lost eight of his first ten games as Brentford head coach. They didn’t panic and now things are going a lot better.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

But on paper that means nothing, because Hibs haven't been a top 4 team the last decade but finished above Aberdeen last season. 

Just like Rangers over Celtic. 

And you have to take into account Aberdeen had 2-3 players out today. 

They are Consistent, but Hibs showed last season you can finish above them something we haven't done in a very long time. 

What's your point?

jamboinglasgow

I do think at the Hibs game, the team will look quite different from today. We have Woodburn coming in. I think we will have a new centre back, Devlin and two other players signed by then.

I would say, while its still early, I think Savage has shown we have a much better quality of signing. Its only 4 so far and two have been players already here but Cochrane looks good and Baningime looks an absolute steal. I understand the desire to get players in as soon as possible but if we pull off some good signings through playing the market to the end then it will be well worthwhile.

32 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

We’ll likely get the odd one coming fro. The academy but it’s nice we are bringing in younger players who at least have a chance if improving. Very pleased at that tbh. 

Considering we were short on numbers today, if Denholm, Henderson and Smith go out on loan and we add in Kingsley, Woodburn, Gnanduillet, Devlin and Pollock to today's squad. That's still only 20 players, so got to think another 2-3 are likely to come in. Apart from Logan and perhaps Watson, there doesn't seem to be any other youngsters who could be around the first team. Today certainly shows we need much greater depth especially as there has to be question marks about Walker, Gnanduillet and McEneff.

Hopefully Roberts and Popescu will finally both leave soon too. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***