***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

How is this quota criteria affected by Brexit visa regulations for non-EU citizens?

As far as I know the squad rules, quotas etc are completely unchanged.

However I assume ‘freedom of movement’, work permits, etc might change and thus impact on which players clubs can sign and the processes they need to follow when recruiting players. Can’t see it making much of an impact though, the best players will still move to the Premier League!

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

13 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

As far as I know the squad rules, quotas etc are completely unchanged.

However I assume ‘freedom of movement’, work permits, etc might change and thus impact on which players clubs can sign and the processes they need to follow when recruiting players. Can’t see it making much of an impact though, the best players will still move to the Premier League!

Interesting article here, strangely enough from the New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/19/sports/soccer/scotland-football-brexit.html

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Meanwhile, the Aussie bloke is marching his way through the middle east en route to Tynecastle.

Slight hiccupp at the kabul exec lounge but should be ok.  

Edited by TypoonJambo

30 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Devlin. Anyone seen him play? Management or you tube. 

Loads of people will have seen him play. He’s been on the telly and everything. 

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

This guys watched him regular 

Lou_Carpenter.jpg

5 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Woodburn has had a training session.  I remember working up at HW and often took in training on my break. 

I must’ve seen Glenn Whelan train on 2 or 3 different days before he was announced.  

He trained??????

5 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

What a load of garbage 😂

Quote from the DR at the time: Robbie Neilson says he was bemused to see Celtic register Sinclair but admits Hearts didn't understand rules  HE wanted 22-year-old free agent Krystian Nowak available for the Celtic match but was told it couldn’t happen.   

ROBBIE NEILSON last night admitted he was bemused that Celtic were able to register yesterday’s matchwinner Scott Sinclair - when Hearts couldn’t get the all-clear to play Polish defender Krystian Nowak.  But the Hearts boss admitted that his club’s failure to understand weekend registration procedures were to blame for the situation - and insisted they won’t be caught off guard again. 

Neilson wanted 22-year-old free agent Nowak available for the Celtic match but was told it couldn’t happen.  He explained: “We were told the SFA shuts at 5pm on a Friday – obviously, it doesn’t.  “So I was surprised a little bit to see Sinclair’s name on the teamsheet but again, what are the rules?     “Apparently if someone turns up at the SFA on a Saturday they can put it through.   “But we didn’t know that. We know now.

“So the next time we get a player we’ll get him registered on a Saturday morning.  “But hey, he’s come on, he’s a £4million player and he did really well.  “That’s the level we’re against, they play a £4million player and we play Sam Nicholson and Jamie Walker.  “And to be honest they probably did more in the game and are better prospects for Scottish football and that’s what Hearts are about."

Interesting that he was getting game time for Liverpool and Kent who's older than him wasn't in the first team frame and left for £7m. Woodburn seems to have the ability but lacks confidence or attitude...............

Just now, Section Q said:

Interesting that he was getting game time for Liverpool and Kent who's older than him wasn't in the first team frame and left for £7m. Woodburn seems to have the ability but lacks confidence or attitude...............

Not in the squad today.

Drylaw Hearts
6 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Quote from the DR at the time: Robbie Neilson says he was bemused to see Celtic register Sinclair but admits Hearts didn't understand rules  HE wanted 22-year-old free agent Krystian Nowak available for the Celtic match but was told it couldn’t happen.   

ROBBIE NEILSON last night admitted he was bemused that Celtic were able to register yesterday’s matchwinner Scott Sinclair - when Hearts couldn’t get the all-clear to play Polish defender Krystian Nowak.  But the Hearts boss admitted that his club’s failure to understand weekend registration procedures were to blame for the situation - and insisted they won’t be caught off guard again. 

Neilson wanted 22-year-old free agent Nowak available for the Celtic match but was told it couldn’t happen.  He explained: “We were told the SFA shuts at 5pm on a Friday – obviously, it doesn’t.  “So I was surprised a little bit to see Sinclair’s name on the teamsheet but again, what are the rules?     “Apparently if someone turns up at the SFA on a Saturday they can put it through.   “But we didn’t know that. We know now.

“So the next time we get a player we’ll get him registered on a Saturday morning.  “But hey, he’s come on, he’s a £4million player and he did really well.  “That’s the level we’re against, they play a £4million player and we play Sam Nicholson and Jamie Walker.  “And to be honest they probably did more in the game and are better prospects for Scottish football and that’s what Hearts are about."

The way it’s being portrayed by many on here is that the SFA and Celtic pulled a sneaky when it was our fault for not understanding the procedure properly.

1 minute ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

The way it’s being portrayed by many on here is that the SFA and Celtic pulled a sneaky when it was our fault for not understanding the procedure properly.

The way I took it at the time was Neilson had said what he said sarcastically and that next time we would just have to show up at the SFA offices to register. It defo felt like a dig from wht I remember.

3 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

It was sarcasm from Robbie

Tom Hardy’s Dug
32 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

29 minutes ago, droid said:

The way I took it at the time was Neilson had said what he said sarcastically and that next time we would just have to show up at the SFA offices to register. It defo felt like a dig from wht I remember.

28 minutes ago, Garrincha said:

It was sarcasm from Robbie

Yep - defo sarcasm from Robbie.

jamboinglasgow

Certainly think if Woodburn is up then it wont be announced till Monday (though he will be photographed in the stand tomorrow.) But certainly I do think we will see a busy last 8 days of the window. Though it will busier towards the end of those 8 days rather than the beginning.

1 hour ago, droid said:

Yeap. One rule for the bigot brothers etc

2 hours ago, RS86 said:

Good find

Myth buster...

Aussie Jambo
2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

This guys watched him regular 

Lou_Carpenter.jpg

I ken this boy he’s in tae Rugby League. 

gxP0Lh.gif

7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Good find

Myth buster...

Although in hindsight they actually did us a favour preventing us from being able to field Nowak 🙈

ginger jambo98
1 hour ago, RS86 said:

Although in hindsight they actually did us a favour preventing us from being able to field Nowak 🙈

To be fair, he had one right good highlight !

4DC0F808-D3EF-481A-89E3-36A91E168700.jpeg

7 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Journos in Oz put him down as a very exciting and aggressive player

2 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Why did they not let Woodburn join us in time for the game tomorrow? He wasn't even on the bench! 

Unfortunately he's contracted to Liverpool, so they will decide when he leaves the club or stays. 

Like how we did with Walker/ Paterson. 

Liverpool’s reluctance could be linked to seeing how Harvey Elliott fared in the first team. He started yesterday for the first time. Did well by all accounts. Means they probably now consider him a bonafide option for the first team all season. Fingers crossed it places more ease on releasing BW

17 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, I do share your frustration to an extent. As you say though, we are close to the end of the window so may as well wait and see what happens before the window SLAMS shut. 

It is frustrating 😒  let's hope the wait is worth it 

1 hour ago, Mollo said:

Liverpool’s reluctance could be linked to seeing how Harvey Elliott fared in the first team. He started yesterday for the first time. Did well by all accounts. Means they probably now consider him a bonafide option for the first team all season. Fingers crossed it places more ease on releasing BW

Klopp would pick Graeme Souness before starting Woodburn in the first team. 

Aussie Jambo
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Klopp would pick Graeme Souness before starting Woodburn in the first team. 

Apparently he is coming to do a speech with Robbo at Tynie Nookie? 😂😂

70C7C1F5-843C-4254-ABB1-0C2524088648.jpeg

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why?

Looks as if it's a Sky Sports on the road type event.

Obviously, GS has not Hearts affiliation, but his experience in world football as player and coach could make it a good night.

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Obviously, GS has not Hearts affiliation, but his experience in world football as player and coach could make it a good night.

Never noticed the sky sports bit. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Never noticed the sky sports bit. 

Being honest, I quite fancy this.

Being me, I will never get round to it and hope that a recording gets released :lol:

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Jack Torrance said:

Was he not trying to buy the club with a consortium around about the SMG money days?

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Being me, I will never get round to it and hope that a recording gets released :lol:

Yeah, I thought the club had organised it at first so was a wee bit confused.  Not my cup of tea, never really been interested in football in a general sense but can see the attraction.  I know what you mean about meaning to go to things and not ending up doing it. I’m the second worst person I know for that and my wife is the worst.  😂

5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Is it not organised by Long Forty or something? SG had an involvement with them iirc

10 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Don’t know if he is a Jambo, but he’s definitely an Edinburgh man. His brother was my late uncles best friend. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Don’t know if he is a Jambo, but he’s definitely an Edinburgh man. His brother was my late uncles best friend. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I know we always like to say he is Jambo deep down.

But Hearts never featured in his career other than opponents.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***