Jump to content

***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***


Recommended Posts

Under the floodlight
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Nando's

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 35.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • GinRummy

    1525

  • BackOfTheNet

    1464

  • Pasquale for King

    1331

  • Lord Beni of Gorgie

    1318

Nookie Bear

We still fannying around trying to get a player who played for Wales a few years back and Dundee ******* United just signing current internationals in time for the weekend. 
 

Always a bloody drama with us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If he comes to us on loan he will pick up a injury on his 1st of training and he will be out till January 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Too many 'Mum Mum it's not fair' type posts trying to criticize Klopp

 

His job is to manage Liverpool not Hearts............though I'd love it if he did and the backtracking on here would be the fastest thing you'd ever have seen if he ever became manager.

 

The player has a contract with another club and like it or not that has to be respected (we'd expect the same for our players)

 

We do not know the situation at Liverpool re injuries etc and even today one of their midfield players has had to drop out due to family issues so just accept it is what it is.

 

Pretty sure it will happen after this weekend but remember we do not control events..........I'd like him to come but he still has a lot to prove when he does so lets get things in place and work on the other deals we assume are in the pipeline

 

The point is that he is heading our way to play games, and Klopp is supposedly trying to stop that from happening. In reality if they had 3 midfielders injured today in training Ben still wouldn't be playing for them so the whole charade is pointless and holding back Ben's career.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Too many 'Mum Mum it's not fair' type posts trying to criticize Klopp

 

His job is to manage Liverpool not Hearts............though I'd love it if he did and the backtracking on here would be the fastest thing you'd ever have seen if he ever became manager.

 

The player has a contract with another club and like it or not that has to be respected (we'd expect the same for our players)

 

We do not know the situation at Liverpool re injuries etc and even today one of their midfield players has had to drop out due to family issues so just accept it is what it is.

 

Pretty sure it will happen after this weekend but remember we do not control events..........I'd like him to come but he still has a lot to prove when he does so lets get things in place and work on the other deals we assume are in the pipeline

 

Absolutely bang on the money, the toys coming out the pram for a player we don't own is quite funny, he's coming, we just don't know exactly when yet, but he's coming. I really hope he's here for the sheep game on Sunday as I feel confident for that one, and I think it'll be noisy too, which will cement his decision even further with a good atmosphere. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
fast_blood
49 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We still fannying around trying to get a player who played for Wales a few years back and Dundee ******* United just signing current internationals in time for the weekend. 
 

Always a bloody drama with us. 

 

Only if you make it a drama 

Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

 

Absolutely bang on the money, the toys coming out the pram for a player we don't own is quite funny, he's coming, we just don't know exactly when yet, but he's coming. I really hope he's here for the sheep game on Sunday as I feel confident for that one, and I think it'll be noisy too, which will cement his decision even further with a good atmosphere. 

I think quite a lot of the comments, particularly aimed at Klopp, have been tongue in cheek. 
 

Can’t wait for Sunday. A full(ish) Tynie is going to be fantastic.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
25 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

 

Absolutely bang on the money, the toys coming out the pram for a player we don't own is quite funny, he's coming, we just don't know exactly when yet, but he's coming. I really hope he's here for the sheep game on Sunday as I feel confident for that one, and I think it'll be noisy too, which will cement his decision even further with a good atmosphere. 

Seems like someone's upset the Liverpool supporters club. 

Thought this was a HEARTS FANS forum.😏

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Beni of Gorgie

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fc-xi-vs-burnley-predicted-lineup-latest-team-news-injury-list-updates-premier-league-game-b951303.html

 

Not in the squad for Burnley, unlikely to be in the squad for Chelsea, Klopp doesn't want him for Liverpool but won't let him play for Hearts, can't see how this is looking after anyone but himself in truth 

Link to post
Share on other sites
lost in space
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Because he had to get to dressing room, to give a half time team talk, at Celtic Park?????

 

 

 

 

Aw, COME ON - I couldn't resist!! Its a joke! - well "ish".

Link to post
Share on other sites
jambosdad
47 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

 

The point is that he is heading our way to play games, and Klopp is supposedly trying to stop that from happening. In reality if they had 3 midfielders injured today in training Ben still wouldn't be playing for them so the whole charade is pointless and holding back Ben's career.  

My first thought was someone with Liverpool connections interfering but who could that be?

oh wait a minute Stevie G.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jambosdad said:

My first thought was someone with Liverpool connections interfering but who could that be?

oh wait a minute Stevie G.

Funnily enough my first thoughts too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Biffa Bacon
51 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

 

The point is that he is heading our way to play games, and Klopp is supposedly trying to stop that from happening. In reality if they had 3 midfielders injured today in training Ben still wouldn't be playing for them so the whole charade is pointless and holding back Ben's career.  

Klopps priority is Liverpool, not Woodburns career. He is within his rights to hang on to his player on the off chance that he needs him. What if some players catch covid?

Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyCant
9 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Funnily enough my first thoughts too.

So Stevie G, who knows this player and could have him in a 2 minute phone call to Klopp (but clearly doesn’t want him or he’d have done just that) makes a phone call to Klopp asking him not to let the player go to their close rivals Hearts ?

 

What kind of world do you people live in ?

Edited by JimmyCant
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So Stevie G, who knows this player and could have him in a 2 minute phone call to Klopp (but clearly doesn’t want him or he’d have done just that) makes a phone call to Klopp asking him not to let the player go to their close rivals Hearts ?

 

What kind of world do you people live in ?

The world of Scottish football - where absolutely anything is possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think quite a lot of the comments, particularly aimed at Klopp, have been tongue in cheek. 
 

Can’t wait for Sunday. A full(ish) Tynie is going to be fantastic.  

😤😤😤😤

Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Why did the chicken cross the road?

 

Deflection from giving a genuine answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Player linked with Scottish move.....no idea if its us

 

Denver Hume of Sunderland who has rejected contract offer and just recovered from injury...left back

 

Would move for compensation only if leaving England as under 24

Link to post
Share on other sites
Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

Unless he's already on his way, we'd need to get him on the Jaegerbombs and ching to keep him awake. 

Needs must 🤷🏻

Someone has suggested he arrived earlier this week though 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Anyone heard anything about loan deal for Nathan Wood from Boro? 

No. What have you heard?

Link to post
Share on other sites
KyleLafferty

If woodburn isn’t in the Liverpool squad tomorrow then surely he’s playing for us on Sunday 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jack Torrance
10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Needs must 🤷🏻

Someone has suggested he arrived earlier this week though 😂

😄 who knows where he is. Wouldn't surprise me if he was in the starting line up 

:robboyas:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Swanny17
30 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Anyone heard anything about loan deal for Nathan Wood from Boro? 


Really hope his nickname is Log. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Beni of Gorgie

Its already been stated, Klopp thinks Hearts is the wrong place for Woodburn, if anyone is throwing the toys out its Jurgen. Not for the first time 

Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Trying to get him in 

Interesting. Thanks. Can’t find a lot about him online. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

We still fannying around trying to get a player who played for Wales a few years back and Dundee ******* United just signing current internationals in time for the weekend. 
 

Always a bloody drama with us. 


Spot on. Wish we’d attempted to get a player who Man Utd were happy to send out on loan at the drop of a hat rather than holding on to get a player who Liverpool think might still be needed for their first team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its already been stated, Klopp thinks Hearts is the wrong place for Woodburn, if anyone is throwing the toys out its Jurgen. Not for the first time 


Where has that been stated - all I have seen is that he thinks the timing is wrong?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hackney Hearts
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its already been stated, Klopp thinks Hearts is the wrong place for Woodburn

 

Sorry, where has that been stated? Must've missed it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jack Torrance
2 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

 

Sorry, where has that been stated? Must've missed it.

Beat me to it. I've looked at the various reports and quotes and nowhere has it been stated that I can see.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug
13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Trying to get him in 


Is not still a teenager?

 

Not sure I can see this happening appears highly rated and has been getting game time this season.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug
Link to post
Share on other sites
Fxxx the SPFL

Why are we all getting so hung up about Woodburn it’s not like he’s Messi I’m not losing any sleep over him if the man with piano 🎹 teeth says he’s going nowhere then so be it it’s our own fault for only offering to pay £1 for him Robbie taking a leaf out of Levein’s Mikey Stewart deal 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

Why are we all getting so hung up about Woodburn it’s not like he’s Messi I’m not losing any sleep over him if the man with piano 🎹 teeth says he’s going nowhere then so be it it’s our own fault for only offering to pay £1 for him Robbie taking a leaf out of Levein’s Mikey Stewart deal 😉

The deal is agreed. It's nothing to do with money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its already been stated, Klopp thinks Hearts is the wrong place for Woodburn, if anyone is throwing the toys out its Jurgen. Not for the first time 

:what:

Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06

Don't dare criticise Liverpool or Klopp or the plastics will be all over you :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug

Nathan wood appears to be a left sided midfielder converted to left sided CB. Pacey with a good range of passing.

 

Sounds decent but he seems to be a bit young to be in the team all the time for hearts and is getting time at Boro’ anyway so far this season.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jack Torrance
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Nathan wood appears to be a left sided midfielder converted to left sided CB. Pacey with a good range of passing.

 

Sounds decent but he seems to be a bit young to be in the team all the time for hearts and is getting time at Boro’ anyway so far this season.

Warnock was quoted after their last game that he expected him to go out on loan before the window closes, to get game time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Jack Torrance said:

Warnock was quoted after their last game that he expected him to go out on loan before the window closes, to get game time.


Are we going to play a 19 year old as a starter in centre defence every week? In this league?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug
Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Agent Dale Cooper
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:


Are we going to play a 19 year old as a starter in defence every week? In this league?

Jordan McGhee played a fair amount did he not?

Link to post
Share on other sites
the general
11 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Why are we all getting so hung up about Woodburn it’s not like he’s Messi I’m not losing any sleep over him if the man with piano 🎹 teeth says he’s going nowhere then so be it it’s our own fault for only offering to pay £1 for him Robbie taking a leaf out of Levein’s Mikey Stewart deal 😉

 

Klopp is an horrible horrible person but maybe that makes him a good manager

But by God the media gives him an easy ride

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jack Torrance
9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:


Are we going to play a 19 year old as a starter in centre defence every week? In this league?

If he's good enough, yes.  I've no idea if he is though. I was just commenting in response that he was getting game time at Boro. Seems Warnock wants him out on loan for experience so it sounds plausible he could be on his way to us. 

Edited by Jack Torrance
Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Jordan McGhee played a fair amount did he not?


And was shit - wasn’t that when we were skint and/or under a transfer embargo?

 

Anyway, it’s not a great example.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Garrincha
12 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Jordan McGhee played a fair amount did he not?


yes and we got relegated!

Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
35 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:


Is not still a teenager?

 

Not sure I can see this happening appears highly rated and has been getting game time this season.

Only played in EFL cup game. Hasn’t been in match day squad for any of their league games. They have a surfeit of centre-backs and he has four or five ahead of him. Warnock is a Hearts fan remember. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:


 

 


Yep very good player with a lot of upside.
 

Gone to a team where he’ll likely get 25-30 games as well fair play. Seen a point on Billy Gilmour going to Norwich will develop him off the ball more than it will on it and this may be a similar thing where his awareness defensively will come on leaps and bounds as United won’t have a lot of the ball in most games.

So you are claiming to have watched Man Utd youth games and have knowledge of this guy.

What Hearts supporters watch other clubs youth games or even other clubs first team games.

The desperation to appear knowledgeable is laughable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
26 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:


Are we going to play a 19 year old as a starter in centre defence every week? In this league?

Seem to remember Ritchie and McLaren survived in a much tougher and rougher premier league at the same age. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Klopps priority is Liverpool, not Woodburns career. He is within his rights to hang on to his player on the off chance that he needs him. What if some players catch covid?

The chance of Woodburn getting any game time for Liverpool is zero , this is all a bit bizarre from Klopp tbh .

He will be up here in a week or two but its looking like Klopp has been kept our the loop and has thrown his toys out the pram. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Beni of Gorgie
49 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:


Where has that been stated - all I have seen is that he thinks the timing is wrong?

 

49 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

 

Sorry, where has that been stated? Must've missed it.

 

45 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Beat me to it. I've looked at the various reports and quotes and nowhere has it been stated that I can see.

 

Was in one of the initial reports that its thought Klopp didn't feel it was the right move for him. Him and his assistant were so pleased with him in training and pre season they wanted him to wait for a move.

 

Key words, it's thought, but as the days wear on seems most likely its quite plausible. 

 

Not making it up chaps, may have been on one of the Liverpool based forums 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...