***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Shitebags is too strong a term, I concede that. If you were convinced that RN was the wrong man for the job how would you react on the forum? There’s a kind of creeping narrative on here that people who want Neilson replaced aren’t real Hearts fans. That’s clearly wrong. 

Does it need repeating on every thread, no matter if we win lose or draw ?

The problem is that in the past you would just move away from the permanently angry so you could enjoy the game, make sure you don't sit near them on the bus, move season ticket etc

Let's not pretend there isnt a weird anti RN element in our so called support though. Phoodle and the plane stuff weirdos

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

merseyjambo
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It’s very peculiar that folk seem to think we played one style for the whole of last season. Almost no objective thinking or appreciation of nuance whatsoever!

I’m not arguing about how we played last season, it’s history.

The poster argued that we played well at end of last season then to paraphrase, style of play didn’t matter so he kind of argued against go his original argument.

The real test for RN will be the opening 7 or 8 games of the season. That’s the whole point I’m trying to make. We can turn Raith and Alloa over without conceding, we can turn over part time teams without conceding but until we are playing at venues and against teams in our league, he’s not going to get plaudits. Go 7 unbeaten with 15-20 points, the doubters will be well and truly shut up. Take 4 or 5 points from those 7 games and the calls for him to go will get louder. We have lots of issues to correct and those away games early on are against teams that we should be beating so we need to ensure our away form is better.

23 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

A so called Hearts supporter calling a Hearts manager a shitebag. Is not a supporter in my eyes.

Aye OK sweetheart. 

Just now, jambopilms said:

Does it need repeating on every thread, no matter if we win lose or draw ?

The problem is that in the past you would just move away from the permanently angry so you could enjoy the game, make sure you don't sit near them on the bus, move season ticket etc

Let's not pretend there isnt a weird anti RN element in our so called support though. Phoodle and the plane stuff weirdos

If people feel strongly enough against the manager I’d have thought it would end up on most threads. He’s a very divisive figure.

Those weirdos, and it was weird, aren’t so called Hearts supporters, they are Hearts supporters.  

3 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

The poster argued that we played well at end of last season then to paraphrase, style of play didn’t matter so he kind of argued against go his original argument.

The real test for RN will be the opening 7 or 8 games of the season. That’s the whole point I’m trying to make. We can turn Raith and Alloa over without conceding, we can turn over part time teams without conceding but until we are playing at venues and against teams in our league, he’s not going to get plaudits. Go 7 unbeaten with 15-20 points, the doubters will be well and truly shut up. Take 4 or 5 points from those 7 games and the calls for him to go will get louder. We have lots of issues to correct and those away games early on are against teams that we should be beating so we need to ensure our away form is better.

We conceded in 14 of 27 league games last season against teams that "sat in" allegedly. I'm praying for a good start to the season and Robbie being the man to take us forward. However, for many, many fans, they'll judge on a game by game basis. Hopefully this will  be positive judgements.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If people feel strongly enough against the manager I’d have thought it would end up on most threads. He’s a very divisive figure.

Those weirdos, and it was weird, aren’t so called Hearts supporters, they are Hearts supporters.  

Why is he so decisive though ?

His record is decent compared to most. Folk were chasing him out near the top of the league and after scooshing the strongest championship ever.

He is just a levein mark 2 is nonsense. The boring may be true in parts but definitely not something you could put on him overall in his two spells.

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe blame who appointed him in the first place as well. I do.

Just now, jambopilms said:

His record is decent compared to most. Folk were chasing him out near the top of the league and after scooshing the strongest championship ever.

He is just a levein mark 2 is nonsense. The boring may be true in parts but definitely not something you could put on him overall in his two spells.

Predictive text. 

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Go back and read match day threads. 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

I can only really speak for myself and fwiw I didn’t want him to go when he left for MK Dons. Tbh though, I still thought we’d push on as a club after he left and the fact we didn’t isn’t down to him being a fantastic manager but down to terrible decision making by the board. 

As for Robbie this time round, I saw enough last season to convince me he’s not good enough. Stubbornly sticking to failing formations, an obviously poor partnership in midfield, failing to solve the issues of being very vulnerable to counter attacks including simple balls over the top and leaving attacking players all but isolated. He done more than enough t0 get us promoted and winning enough games to win any league is never a given but I don’t think he is the person to take us forward. 

Jambo 4 Ever
42 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

A so called Hearts supporter calling a Hearts manager a shitebag. Is not a supporter in my eyes.

Agreed 

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Go back and read match day threads. 

The same people moaning at 0-0, Robbie oot, I demand to be entertained, then we score and the moaning stops untill the next game. The same folk moaning about the same things in every scenario proves nothing.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I can only really speak for myself and fwiw I didn’t want him to go when he left for MK Dons. Tbh though, I still thought we’d push on as a club after he left and the fact we didn’t isn’t down to him being a fantastic manager but down to terrible decision making by the board. 

As for Robbie this time round, I saw enough last season to convince me he’s not good enough. Stubbornly sticking to failing formations, an obviously poor partnership in midfield, failing to solve the issues of being very vulnerable to counter attacks including simple balls over the top and leaving attacking players all but isolated. He done more than enough t0 get us promoted and winning enough games to win any league is never a given but I don’t think he is the person to take us forward. 

I think this time around he was cursed by the same awful attitude of the players that got us relegated in the first place. Hopefully that's beginning to change.

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Really?

Do you remember how we played? How we couldn't break down teams at home, playing 1 up front passing the ball backwards to players that stood still. Not to mention  we were at the bottom of the league when we were put down to the championship. Aye everything is good.

How many of the players and coaching staff who were bottom of the league are still with the club ? 

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’re a wee chancer. 

How?

just agreeing with what someone else said mate 

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I think this time around he was cursed by the same awful attitude of the players that got us relegated in the first place. Hopefully that's beginning to change.

I hope that has been the issue and I’ve misinterpreted things. Tbf to him it can’t have been easy motivating that squad to give 100 percent every game. Levein and Stendel certainly didn’t manage it. 

Berra than you
56 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I will say we have met expectations in most games but 0-0 against morton and a 2-0 defeat against Sunderland isn't good enough. We've hardly played a decent teams though. 

It's a friendly ffs. Completely meaningless. Using a friendly as a stick to beat anyone with is ridiculous. 

By all means take issue with last season/league cup performances this season. But preseason friendlies are totally meaningless.

Edited by Berra than you

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I hope that has been the issue and I’ve misinterpreted things. Tbf to him it can’t have been easy motivating that squad to give 100 percent every game. Levein and Stendel certainly didn’t manage it. 

Never comes across as a good motivator which is what was needed. 

28 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

The problem is, and you know it, they won't. If the team doesn't do well it's Neilson's fault, if it does it's to the players' credit.

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Never comes across as a good motivator which is what was needed. 

We’ll see what the season brings I suppose. 

35 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Shitebags is too strong a term, I concede that. If you were convinced that RN was the wrong man for the job how would you react on the forum? There’s a kind of creeping narrative on here that people who want Neilson replaced aren’t real Hearts fans. That’s clearly wrong. 

Aye, whilst also self proclaiming themselves as the PHM. 

Whilst moaning constantly doesn't make an uber fan, neither does quietly accepting mediocrity and shite.  

Just now, martoon said:

Aye, whilst also self proclaiming themselves as the PHM. 

Whilst moaning constantly doesn't make an uber fan, neither does quietly accepting mediocrity and shite.  

You’ve took some ridiculous grief for your stance. Totally unnecessary. 

8 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

It's a friendly ffs. Completely meaningless. Using a friendly as a stick to beat anyone with is ridiculous. 

By all means take issue with last season/league cup performances this season. But preseason friendlies are totally meaningless.

Celtic fans might not agree this evening. :rofl:

40 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Say it, maybe twice, but then move on supporting the club. I have been a supporter since the early 60s. Have you any idea how many times in that period many fans have felt we had the wrong manager? Bobby Seith, Willie Ormond, John Hagart, Bobby Moncur, Tommy McLean, Rix, Ivanauskas, Malofeev etc. Some hated Joe Jordan, Sandy Clark, Steven Frail and others. It's time to move on, support the club and hope for success. The Neilson crabbing is now tiresome in the extreme. (And for what it's worth, I'm neutral.)

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

You’ve took some ridiculous grief for your stance. Totally unnecessary. 

Perhaps a bit GR but they're mostly armed to the teeth with water pistols so there's no pain. 😄

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

I wonder what shit losing is currently occuring on Kerrydale Street forum

Mr Elwood P
25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We switched to a 3-4-3 and have barely conceded a goal since. Is that not the exact opposite of what you have said here?

1 minute ago, Bickfest said:

Say it, maybe twice, but then move on supporting the club. I have been a supporter since the early 60s. Have you any idea how many times in that period many fans have felt we had the wrong manager? Bobby Seith, Willie Ormond, John Hagart, Bobby Moncur, Tommy McLean, Rix, Ivanauskas, Malofeev etc. Some hated Joe Jordan, Sandy Clark, Steven Frail and others. It's time to move on, support the club and hope for success. The Neilson crabbing is now tiresome in the extreme. (And for what it's worth, I'm neutral.)

I can only join in the discussion from Tommy McLean onwards but that aside, since the internet and fans forums if there was discontent with the manager then people would bang on about it. My initial point was that doesn’t mean they are not Hearts fans or that they are ‘so called Hearts fans’ which is the current phrase. I find it tiresome at times as well and it stops or derails decent chat about other things. It doesn’t change the fact that many supporters, including me, think that Neilson continuing is a huge mistake and that makes it totally understandable that folk want to discuss it above anything else. 

Just now, gedster said:

I wonder what shit losing is currently occuring on Kerrydale Street forum

Flying around everywhere, I would imagine. It will look like a dirty protest in a prison cell.

7 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

I agree.  I wouldn't mind so much if those anti-Neilson posts were positive in content but no, they tend to be negative coming from people with negative lives who have nothing positive to add.  Like you, I have seen some poor managers, although many had little backing from a weak board.  

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We switched to a 3-4-3 and have barely conceded a goal since. Is that not the exact opposite of what you have said here?

Many people were calling for a change long before the Brora and QOS results. He stuck with a failing system far too long. If he hadn’t those results would not have happened imo. 

Edited by GinRummy

14 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Every match is important, even a friendly. If you want to build confidence, fitness and team spirit you do that by winning. Writing off games is what makes us losers and the likes of celtic and rangers winners. Their fans don't accept shite but most of us are happy too and those that don't are made out to be overreacting and don't know what we're talking about.

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Every match is important, even a friendly. If you want to build confidence, fitness and team spirit you do that by winning. Writing off games is what makes us losers and the likes of celtic and rangers winners. Their fans don't accept shite but most of us are happy too and those that don't are made out to be overreacting and don't know what we're talking about.

Friendlies are a training excercise. There were concerning things in the Sunderland game, not least the defending but you can only make judgments if those concerns continue when we play proper games imo. 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, GinRummy said:

Many people were calling for that change long before the Brora and QOS results. He stuck with a failing system far too long. If he hadn’t those results would not have happened imo. 

So he changed the system and stopped us conceding goals. Why not see how the new 3-4-3 system actually works against Premiership opponents before pishing the bed?

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So he changed the system and stopped us conceding goals. Why not see how the new 3-4-3 system actually works against Premiership opponents before pishing the bed?

That’s exactly what I am doing. If you read my previous post, I clearly said I’m concerned that he’ll repeat the same mistakes. Maybe my concerns are unfounded, maybe not. 

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Nah, friendlies are really not important in the slightest way. They have 0 bearing on how a team will perform over a season. They are a training exercise to build fitness and really nothing more. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Another day for trolls. 

But fortunately another day Robbie Neilson oversees Hearts progress 

:pleasing:

1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

Jeez give the boys a chance!

New season just started and the misery merchants are at it as usual 

Maybe supporting Hearts is not fit you?

More downs than ups in my 50 years watching Hearts but still excited for this season and right behind the club as always 

New season = New start. 

It's clear its pointless discussing Hearts with people who would appear to be gasping at every opportunity to put the club down. 

Even if we do well it will only be because the standard in Scotland is so poor. 😏

The current team are no where near being the worst Hearts team I've seen and I think they will make people eat their words this season. 

We do need to get cover in for CB and MF and a bit of luck on the injury front for a change. 

Hope I'm lucky in the ballot for the Celtic game 👍

39 minutes ago, martoon said:

A thoroughly entertaining(mis) match. A right good laugh 😂

Just now, kila said:

Nothing against Harry but there was someone on here saying he was going to ibrox along with Andy Irving 😀

best of luck to Harry 

Wonder what the compensation amount is.

I'd hazard a guess at <£100k purely on the basis that I can't see QotS being able to afford upwards of tnah figure.

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

A thoroughly entertaining(mis) match. A right good laugh 😂

👍

I'll watch the goals later. 

2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

I'd imagine we'll have taken a smaller fee for a chunky sell on clause possibly? Is that possible?

He was out of contract. 

Edit. Sorry, never saw your first post. 

Edited by GinRummy

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***