• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

AllyjamboDerbyshire
20 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

We are much more fluid this time round with pace and we also have players who can do something out of nothing.

The post I was replying to, and agreeing with, was referring to posters who think we will do better against Premiership sides because they will attack us at Tynecastle and he pointed out, correctly in my opinion, that they won't, they'll just defend and break better than the sides we faced last season. We might be somewhat better than we were 2 seasons ago but we will still be faced with defensive set ups against the lesser clubs, but they will still be better than those we faced last season, or even this season up till now. Only time will tell if we have improved in both ability and tactics to cope with it this season. Anyway, if we do perform better against the lesser clubs it won't be because they will be attacking us more, and if by some happy outcome we are a better side than before, then they will defend even more.

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We finished the season playing decent football scoring goals and keeping clean sheets. Two of our best players came back from injury and played well. We changed formation which seemed to work well for us. We have started well in this season's cup where we quite often struggle. We have continued to create chances, keep clean sheets and score goals.

Do you only pay attention when things aren't going well ?

We've not played a team we shouldn't thump apart from Sunderland and I would still expect us to beat them. 

Just keep clapping along if it helps you 

3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Really?

Do you remember how we played? How we couldn't break down teams at home, playing 1 up front passing the ball backwards to players that stood still. Not to mention  we were at the bottom of the league when we were put down to the championship. Aye everything is good.

How we played last season is irrelevant now though. Moaning about how we played last season is completely pointless now. Especially if you turn a blind eye to the fact we walked the league and the times we actually pumped teams.

Just now, jambopilms said:

How we played last season is irrelevant now though. Moaning about how we played last season is completely pointless now. Especially if you turn a blind eye to the fact we walked the league and the times we actually pumped teams.

So our manager is gonna do something he's never done and change his style of football?

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

We've not played a team we shouldn't thump apart from Sunderland and I would still expect us to beat them. 

So what are you moaning at ? We have beaten who has been put in front of us, what more can we do ? We can't turn back time and fix bad performances.

Why are you so angry that hearts supporters want to support their team?

Do you think if we boo louder we will win more.

So our manager is gonna do something he's never done and change his style of football?

It's exactly what he has done. Changed formation to get better performance.

Jambo 4 Ever
6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Umm you need to be more realistic with your expectations 

what would a new manager have done apart from match the wins and all the clean sheets so far?

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Steven O'Donnell

Well he’s a right back, Popescu is a centre back. It would strengthen your argument if you spelt his name correctly and knew what position he plays …

merseyjambo
8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We finished the season playing decent football scoring goals and keeping clean sheets. Two of our best players came back from injury and played well. We changed formation which seemed to work well for us. We have started well in this season's cup where we quite often struggle. We have continued to create chances, keep clean sheets and score goals.

Do you only pay attention when things aren't going well ?

So going by that logic, we really shouldn’t have got rid of Stendal. After all, he got us to a Scottish Cup semi final and we weren’t bottom of the SPL in terms of form from January to the point the season was stopped.

I’d also suggest it’s not been a struggle for most of the SPL sides in the League Cup this year unlike some seasons. 5 of 7 unbeaten(Ross County won/winning their 2 games having not been able to play due to C-19).

I pay attention and until the SPL season starts, realistically we have no idea where we are. Results from last season and League Cup games have zero bearing on the league campaign ahead.

As I’ve said previously, we will only know where we are about 7 or 8 games into the season when we’ve gone to grounds to play against teams that we realistically should be looking to beat and have played games against those local to us. 

merseyjambo
13 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

You’ve just argued against your point. You’ve highlighted the results at the end of last season as a positive  then gone on to talk about how we played last season being irrelevant.

Its all irrelevant until the league starts.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

You’ve just argued against your point. You’ve highlighted the results at the end of last season as a positive  then gone on to talk about how we played last season being irrelevant.

Its all irrelevant until the league starts.

It’s very peculiar that folk seem to think we played one style for the whole of last season. Almost no objective thinking or appreciation of nuance whatsoever!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
22 minutes ago, Herbert said:

He specifically has done 

🤣🤣

18 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Maybe tried. Just never worked. 

18 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Maybe tried. Just never worked. 

17 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I honestly think some people look at Neilson and see Levein

Neilson in his first spell was the most attacking team since Burley

Once in the premier he was cautious away from home occasionally, but had us 3rd then sitting 2nd so he knew what he was doing

Last season we won the league easily if not beautifully and since Brora he's gone away, made changes and now we've not conceded in 10 games

All roads lead to Gorgie

It is starting to look like what we see is what we get could be the stark reality right now. Young players like Pollock making an impact could lessen the disappointment of a slow transfer market for us so far though. It could be a bumpy ride if we think we are good enough with the squad assembled so far, that is my concern! 

This team need to step up to the plate very quickly and show they are up to it in the league!

sandylejambo

We were boring as F in a lot of our games last season and most players ( not all ) never broke sweat in quite a few games, Irvine and Walker spring to mind. If the manager can't get them to try last season, what's the chances of him doing it this season? Players who let him and Hearts down were in the team next game, it took him weeks to drop Berra who was as bad a player (worst captain) in some games I have seen in a Hearts jersey. He is not the man to lead us and Ann Budge is being bloody minded in not replacing him, she has had to bring in other people to make his job easier. When she sacks him at Christmas this season will be over.

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Not for me though. 

No point discussing it, if you can't acknowledge the obvious.

3 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

We were boring as F in a lot of our games last season and most players ( not all ) never broke sweat in quite a few games, Irvine and Walker spring to mind. If the manager can't get them to try last season, what's the chances of him doing it this season? Players who let him and Hearts down were in the team next game, it took him weeks to drop Berra who was as bad a player (worst captain) in some games I have seen in a Hearts jersey. He is not the man to lead us and Ann Budge is being bloody minded in not replacing him, she has had to bring in other people to make his job easier. When she sacks him at Christmas this season will be over.

Bob's gotta go. 

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

No point discussing it, if you can't acknowledge the obvious.

You and alot of others can't acknowledge robbie is a shitebag and this is levein mk2 situation. We need a clear out top to bottom.

28 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Umm you need to be more realistic with your expectations 

what would a new manager have done apart from match the wins and all the clean sheets so far?

Calling me unrealistic when I'm saying we're gonna struggle this year. A new manager wouldn't have lost to the likes of brora and maybe built a team for this year.

2 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

Getting the players to try was a problem for the last 3 seasons not just a problem for RN. 

Again ignoring current form and concentrating on the shit form from months ago.

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

Far easier to motivate a team playing in the Premiership with a potentially full Tynecastle. You only have to listen to Open Goal or the Savage interview to realise the massive impact that empty stadia has had upon the players.

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

You and alot of others can't acknowledge robbie is a shitebag and this is levein mk2 situation. We need a clear out top to bottom.

No matter how well we are performing. 

Bet you can't wait to get back to tynecastle to boo really loudly.

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Getting the players to try was a problem for the last 3 seasons not just a problem for RN. 

Again ignoring current form and concentrating on the shit form from months ago.

Now that I can agree with. Time for changes to be made. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Far easier to motivate a team playing in the Premiership with a potentially full Tynecastle. You only have to listen to Open Goal or the Savage interview to realise the massive impact that empty stadia has had upon the players.

Do you swallow everything that's given to you?

Mr Elwood P

Fairly embarrassing yourself this afternoon. Daytime drinking?

sandylejambo

I suppose it hope that keeps us interested, I am a realist and a Jambo, I will go along but my expectations are low and I don't think Neilson can live up to them.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Fairly embarrassing yourself this afternoon. Daytime drinking?

We'll see in a few weeks if I'm right or wrong won't we.

Do you take any joy from the team you support ? Maybe take up a new hobby.

43 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Well he’s a right back, Popescu is a centre back. It would strengthen your argument if you spelt his name correctly and knew what position he plays …

Easy man. Baw hair away fae a stroke cause the guy didn’t spell his name right. Think everyone on here knew who he was on about 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Jamos86 said:

Easy man. Baw hair away fae a stroke cause the guy didn’t spell his name right. Think everyone on here knew who he was on about 

Did they? Looked like someone rambling nonsense about signing a right back instead of a centre back to me …

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Do you take any joy from the team you support ? Maybe take up a new hobby.

Funnily enough there's not much to get excited about. We are gonna have to hope other teams are just as bad as us.

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Herbert said:

We'll see in a few weeks if I'm right or wrong won't we.

Would you acknowledge an improvement in performances over the last 8 competitive games?

The White Cockade

Jeez give the boys a chance!

New season just started and the misery merchants are at it as usual 

Maybe supporting Hearts is not fit you?

More downs than ups in my 50 years watching Hearts but still excited for this season and right behind the club as always 

1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

Jeez give the boys a chance!

New season just started and the misery merchants are at it as usual 

Maybe supporting Hearts is not fit you?

More downs than ups in my 50 years watching Hearts but still excited for this season and right behind the club as always 

Correct and the same for most of us.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Would you acknowledge an improvement in performances over the last 8 competitive games?

I will say we have met expectations in most games but 0-0 against morton and a 2-0 defeat against Sunderland isn't good enough. We've hardly played a decent teams though. 

Jambo 4 Ever
25 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Calling me unrealistic when I'm saying we're gonna struggle this year. A new manager wouldn't have lost to the likes of brora and maybe built a team for this year.

All in the past mate

we’ve got to move on

just be thankful we’re back in the SPL…, and we didn’t have to watch the games in person last season.

top 6 finish would be great this season and then can build from there 

John Findlay
26 minutes ago, Herbert said:

A so called Hearts supporter calling a Hearts manager a shitebag. Is not a supporter in my eyes.

22 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

No matter how well we are performing. 

Bet you can't wait to get back to tynecastle to boo really loudly.

With all due respect to Savage who actually got paid to kick a football. He never played at a level where he could possibly understand the impact. His career was around playing in front of 250 people

Just now, John Findlay said:

A so called Hearts supporter calling a Hearts manager a shitebag. Is not a supporter in my eyes.

Plenty people had plenty of derogatory things to say about Tommy McLean and Graeme Rix as well as Malofeev. Are those folk not Hearts fans?

John Findlay
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Plenty people had plenty of derogatory things to say about Tommy McLean and Graeme Rix as well as Malofeev. Are those folk not Hearts fans?

Not if they called them shitebags. By all means say they are a bad manager but to call a person a shitebag is below the belt for me.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No matter how well the team were playing ?

7 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

All in the past mate

we’ve got to move on

just be thankful we’re back in the SPL…, and we didn’t have to watch the games in person last season.

top 6 finish would be great this season and then can build from there 

Winning more games than we lose will be an amazing achievement. 

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Not if they called them shitebags. By all means say they are a bad manager but to call a person a shitebag is below the belt for me.

Fair enough

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

No matter how well the team were playing ?

Shitebags is too strong a term, I concede that. If you were convinced that RN was the wrong man for the job how would you react on the forum? There’s a kind of creeping narrative on here that people who want Neilson replaced aren’t real Hearts fans. That’s clearly wrong. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***