***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Indeed it is about opinions but a tactical capitulation against an Alloa team with a turnover of what, 5-10% of ours max is just as sackable an offence as losing to a highland league team. 

Losing in a cup to a team in your own league generally isn’t a sacking offence. Even Rangers and Celtic do it occasionally. It in no way compares to losing in a cup to a Highland league team. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, mellors1874 said:

Savage needs to pull something out the hat in the next few days or it's going to be a long season.

He says that he has 2 player deals almost done but waiting on the players coming back to him for me these players should have been told sign now or deals off.

We need at least 4-5 new players in and I'm not confident as it stands today that will happen.

I think we need more players than that to win in thìs league.

Dreading the away matches especially, where Robbie tells them to sit in and not lose a goal and when we do he has no plan B again.

At places like Hamilton and Ross County.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

So nothing happened today other than the normal trolls had another day out

Rocky jamboa
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

You will get nowhere.

Actually think he is Robbie. 😏

Or Budge! 😁

I just scroll past his posts now as he (robbie)/she (budge) must be at the wind up!! 🤣

Lone Striker

The only thing I'd add to today's letdown on the signings front is that Malky Mackay and Jim Goodwin  seem to have contacts and awareness of (allegedly) decent players who they believe will improve their team.     Same could be said for Jack Ross with the help of Mathie and Honest Ron.   

Mackay is raving about the Austrian midfielder with a decent CV who Ross ***** have taken on loan. Goodwin has shopped at home, taking some Killie guys who took them to 3rd place under Clarke, plus Curtis Main.     The American winger going to Hibs seems to have a good CV.

We're consoling ourselves on here that we're (allegedly) aiming for a higher standard of player   than them, and that we're (allegedly) not just going to panic buy an "average someone"  because we missed out on a "good someone else".

Joe's got 5 weeks left to show that his methods & contacts  work better than the guys mentioned above, and that playing the long game during a summer transfer window is sensible.

.As an aside, whats the story with Kai Kennedy going out on loan to Dunfermline ?   He played well for Raith against us, so you'd think they'd try to get him again - did they try ?    If we'd still been in the Championship, I'd like to think we'd have tried everything to get him on loan.       But Dunfermline ? Under Peter Grant ?     Why ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Cool. I prefer my Hearts managers to not set new lows like losing to Alloa for the first time in 140 years. 

Or losing to Queen of the south or Raith for the first time in 40 years. 

Ying to the yang I like my Hearts managers to win a lot of League games 

Thread has went mental again but fully understand people are worried, been nearly 6 weeks since I posted about the 2 players we are after. Been roughly a month since Neilson mentioned them, getting to the point we have either missed out or the club really really believe they are worth the wait, which it’s self adds a lot of pressure on the 2 coming in. Hopefully good news this week if not it’s time to just back the guys who are here as they’re going to need it 👍🏻

Lone Striker
11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Advertisers must love JKB.   Clickbait central.   As Justin Currie said, "nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all" 😀

Dagger Is Back
5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

The only thing I'd add to today's letdown on the signings front is that Malky Mackay and Jim Goodwin  seem to have contacts and awareness of (allegedly) decent players who they believe will improve their team.     Same could be said for Jack Ross with the help of Mathie and Honest Ron.   

Mackay is raving about the Austrian midfielder with a decent CV who Ross ***** have taken on loan. Goodwin has shopped at home, taking some Killie guys who took them to 3rd place under Clarke, plus Curtis Main.     The American winger going to Hibs seems to have a good CV.

We're consoling ourselves on here that we're (allegedly) aiming for a higher standard of player   than them, and that we're (allegedly) not just going to panic buy an "average someone"  because we missed out on a "good someone else".

Joe's got 5 weeks left to show that his methods & contacts  work better than the guys mentioned above, and that playing the long game during a summer transfer window is sensible.

.As an aside, whats the story with Kai Kennedy going out on loan to Dunfermline ?   He played well for Raith against us, so you'd think they'd try to get him again - did they try ?    If we'd still been in the Championship, I'd like to think we'd have tried everything to get him on loan.       But Dunfermline ? Under Peter Grant ?     Why ?

I like this post. None of us know exactly what's been going on behind the scenes and what targets we've missed out on. That said the clock is ticking for JS who was spot on when he said talk is cheap. KK is a player IMO. Why he hasn't 'made it' as such I don't know but I would have hoped we'd have tried to get him.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Cool. I prefer my Hearts managers to not set new lows like losing to Alloa for the first time in 140 years. 

Or losing to Queen of the south or Raith for the first time in 40 years. 

I think we all do but it doesn’t take away from the fact that losing to Alloa is not as calamitous as losing to Brora. 

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The midfield has been lacking for a long time and particularly since Djoum left imo. 

That’d have been about halfway though his contract then?

Anyway the point was, is spending money whether that’s a fee or just wages on centre midfield really a priority for the club if the style of play isn’t to play through the centre of the pitch? 

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Any idea of the result?

I posted it on the pre-season friendlies thread.

It turned out that they played a normal 40 minute half, then two 15min periods of 9-a-side on a short pitch.

The first half finished 0-0, Utd was the better side but Hearts played reasonably well. McFarlane had a couple of fine saves and they also hit the bar.  Hearts had two or three half chances with their best chance when Kirk tried to lob the keeper.

Edit: I didn't hang about to watch the short sided bit.

Edited by Footballfirst

24 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Losing in a cup to a team in your own league generally isn’t a sacking offence. Even Rangers and Celtic do it occasionally. It in no way compares to losing in a cup to a Highland league team. 

100%. It was on national news. People all across the UK were laughing at us. Don't understand how people think anything is worse than that. 

23 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Players looking for an inspirational manager are looking elsewhere. 

If you believe that players at our level care more for ‘inspirational managers’ than what’s in their pay packets then I’m pretty sur enough don’t know any players.  Players know when they sign for a club the manager could be gone in days, weeks, months. On the other hand the players know their contract, and pay,  will be honoured for its duration. 

Robbo-Jambo
20 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Or Budge! 😁

I just scroll past his posts now as he (robbie)/she (budge) must be at the wind up!! 🤣

There is always the ignore button.

Would miss his drivel though . 😄

12 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Only been watching them since 1975.

You’ve completely misread the thrust of the thread.

Getting beat by 2nd place Kilmarnock on the last day of the season in 1965, getting beat by 5th place in the top flight Dundee on the last day of the season in 1986, and getting beat by our close peers St Mirren in the 2013 league cup final are nowhere even remotely close to being  ‘all far worse than losing to Brora’. 

If you can’t see that don’t bother replying. 

Absolute garbage. In all of these games we would have been trophy winners. In fact that’s what sums a lot of so called Hearts fans, who always focus on the negative and ignore the missed opportunities for success.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

If you believe that players at our level care more for ‘inspirational managers’ than what’s in their pay packets then I’m pretty sur enough don’t know any players.  Players know when they sign for a club the manager could be gone in days, weeks, months. On the other hand the players know their contract, and pay,  will be honoured for its duration. 

Not able to provide either of them. 

Lone Striker
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I posted it on the pre-season friendlies thread.

It turned out that they played a normal 40 minute half, then two 15min periods of 9-a-side on a short pitch.

The first half finished 0-0, Utd was the better side but Hearts played reasonably well. McFarlane had a couple of fine saves and they also hit the bar.  Hearts had two or three half chances with their best chance when Kirk tried to lob the keeper.

CHeers FF.  The best result might be if our coaches spotted a  star laddie in red that they were willing to loan out to us.  :whistling:

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Praising Jack Ross and Malky Mackay now? A new low.

The Austrian guy. We of all people would know that a "decent CV" can mean nothing.

Some Killie guys and Curtis Main. Our forwards are Boyce, Ginnelly, GMS, Henderson and Gnando. Who would you swap for any of Main, Brophy, and 3 guys I've never heard of from St Mirren's forwards?

American winger. Another "good CV", although not sure how playing your whole career in the MLS is considered a good CV.

As for Kai Kennedy, why would Rangers send him to us to probably be back-up to our first choice wingers and why would he want that? And is it fair on Ewan Henderson to bring in a loan ahead of him?

It should be possible to hope for new signings without praising our competitors for signing players who don't look any better than the ones we've got - considerably worse in most cases.

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Only been watching them since 1975.

You’ve completely misread the thrust of the thread.

Getting beat by 2nd place Kilmarnock on the last day of the season in 1965, getting beat by 5th place in the top flight Dundee on the last day of the season in 1986, and getting beat by our close peers St Mirren in the 2013 league cup final are nowhere even remotely close to being  ‘all far worse than losing to Brora’. 

If you can’t see that don’t bother replying. 

To bring this back on topic, regarding 1986 if folk think we are entering a season with a threadbare squad and a couple of injuries to key players away from a big problem take a look at who we had available outwith our first 11 that season! Same in 1998 for that matter. Stating clear of injuries is always an essential part of any good season for us, and most teams. Signing a million players just in case some get injured, as some seem to want us to do, simply isn't viable. That's why we have a youth academy.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, David Black said:

They didn't have to.

Like most teams this coming season, so games will generally be more open which will suit us and players like GMS, Ginnelly, etc better, unlike last season.

I dont know what's worse, losing to Brora or the daily reminder of losing Brora by our own support. Time to get over it. We are allowed to look forward to a new season.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I love this notion that players in their final year suddenly start to play like Messi, particularly the ones we seem to sign.

For comfy read shite. 

We've seen it many times. The Messi thing is your words.

35 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thank you Lord. Only the second post read for today. I can now enjoy the rest of my evening without having to scroll through 10 hours of horse manueur... 

Hectormasson
22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think we all do but it doesn’t take away from the fact that losing to Alloa is not as calamitous as losing to Brora. 

Have Brora won a game since putting hearts out? Truly shite team !!!!°°

David Black
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Like most teams this coming season, so games will generally be more open which will suit us and players like GMS, Ginnelly, etc better, unlike last season.

That's the theory, trouble is theories don't always go to plan. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Remind me who was in charge when we were knocked out of Europe by Maltese plumbers and waiters.

Neilson has pre cons for pish poor results against pish poor teams. 

Do try and keep up with all those pish poor results.

Same guy who had us heading for a very creditable (and rare) two 3rds or better in a row before he left, and who was in charge when we skooshed a league we could easily have ended up staying in for 2-3 years like the two teams we condemned to another year or two down there, and who knocked Hibs out in a semi with a Championship team containing Roberts, Wighton and Popescu, and who then took Celtic to the wire in a final with the same team. Such is football - good results, bad results, terrible results....

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, David Black said:

That's the theory, trouble is theories don't always go to plan. 

Well it's not just a theory as we played much better against the Premiership teams last season, and Neilson had us playing better against better opposition in his previous 2.5 seasons.

36 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

😂🤣😅😂🤣😅😆😁😂🤣😅😆

🙄🤪🤭🤪🙄🤭🤪🙄🤪🙄🤪🤭

🤧🤮🤢🤧🤮🤢🤧🤮🤢🤧🤮🤢

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Just stop. It was the first time they had ever beaten us. 

It’s right up there with Brora and the Maltese mob. 

The three worst results in our history. 

Edit. All under Robbie’s watch and all sackable offences. 

Shite, Peterhead under cathro was worse than 2 of them, by a distance. 

Getting beat in Europe is not near our worse result ever, hyperbole of the scale. 

Broro is the worse result, I agree. 

Getting beat of a team in the same in division is never a worse result in anyone's history. 

Absolute nonsense and unhelpful drama. 

One of the more depressing things about JKB is the constant focus on negativity. Stressing the Alloa and Brora games completely ignores the fact we won the Championship easily. 

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Praising Jack Ross and Malky Mackay now? A new low.

The Austrian guy. We of all people would know that a "decent CV" can mean nothing.

Some Killie guys and Curtis Main. Our forwards are Boyce, Ginnelly, GMS, Henderson and Gnando. Who would you swap for any of Main, Brophy, and 3 guys I've never heard of from St Mirren's forwards?

American winger. Another "good CV", although not sure how playing your whole career in the MLS is considered a good CV.

As for Kai Kennedy, why would Rangers send him to us to probably be back-up to our first choice wingers and why would he want that? And is it fair on Ewan Henderson to bring in a loan ahead of him?

It should be possible to hope for new signings without praising our competitors for signing players who don't look any better than the ones we've got - considerably worse in most cases.

Calm doon, tiger.   

Nowhere was I praising anyone - simply pointing out that some teams are doing decent business. And we're not (yet). Sorry if that offends you.     

The American guy has a good CV in the MLS - yes.   Hopefully he flops at Hibs.  Doesn't detract from his MLS record though.

34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And in the same season being dumped out of both cups it’s incredible that he survived. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Cool mate. I look forward to our next conversation in September/October when you will agree (like you did after Brora to your credit) that it’s the end of the road for Robbie. 

I’m quite happy to state yet again that I like Robbie and really want him to succeed but I honestly think the sooner he leaves Hearts the better. 

Whether I want him to go or stay is irrelevant. 

He's the current Hearts manager, so I'll back him and hope he does well as it means Hearts will have done well. 

If he fails, I'll back the next man. 

Anyway, the oot Brigade bring every Fred back to the same shite and as well as derailing them it's shite. 

I don't help by defending the current Hearts manager either as it drags it out. 

Hopefully we get a few good signings and do well. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Even if it means cutting back elsewhere, we need to get Souttar tied down this summer. 

A proper investment in a player that can make us millions and help us win matches in the meantime. 

He is a great player and I would love us to get him tied down as you say.Sadly for us and Souttar I don't see him ever getting that big move after so many injuries teams will be very very wary imo.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Calm doon, tiger.   

Nowhere was I praising anyone - simply pointing out that some teams are doing decent business. And we're not (yet). Sorry if that offends you.     

The American guy has a good CV in the MLS - yes.   Hopefully he flops at Hibs.  Doesn't detract from his MLS record though.

We don't know they've done decent business. We could rush into signings but there's not a massively urgent need IMO. Yes a new first choice CB would be good and some more options up front and in midfield would be good, but I also like that we're looking to involve Pollock, Cammy Logan and maybe Connor Smith this season. We can always turn to the loan and free agent market later if we feel light in numbers or if we get an injury during the season. I honestly don't see anyone doing a lot of good business. Teams like Aberdeen and Hibs will obviously have more strength in depth as they had Premiership squads last season, but even then they seem to have gaps where they need strengthening.

ginger jambo98

Summary for anyone just joining. No new signings confirmed yet. Pants soaking for a few and happy hands clapped for others. Plus ca change 🙄

Lone Striker
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We don't know they've done decent business. We could rush into signings but there's not a massively urgent need IMO. Yes a new first choice CB would be good and some more options up front and in midfield would be good, but I also like that we're looking to involve Pollock, Cammy Logan and maybe Connor Smith this season. We can always turn to the loan and free agent market later if we feel light in numbers or if we get an injury during the season. I honestly don't see anyone doing a lot of good business. Teams like Aberdeen and Hibs will obviously have more strength in depth as they had Premiership squads last season, but even then they seem to have gaps where they need strengthening.

Fair assessment actually. Especially since Joe & Robbie knew they had to offload more than they could bring in - plus get a few academy boys involved.     

Despite being in the Championship last season, we still think of the club as belonging to the top 4 in the Premiership.   Its going to take 2 or 3 top-notch signings to make that a realistic possibility  this season (imo) -  but if we end up signing nobody or just a couple of "decent" players, it's more likely that we'll have a mid-table scrap with St.J,  D. Utd etc.   Fans need to be realistic about the size of the jump we're hoping to make. 👍

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

They're both indefensible.

17 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Summary for anyone just joining. No new signings confirmed yet. Pants soaking for a few and happy hands clapped for others. Plus ca change 🙄

Christ I thought I was a moaner until I seen some posts on this thread! Lol the amount of pished pants on here you could fill an ocean with. 🤣 people need to get a grip ffs,  must be a sign of the times these days,no one seems to have any stomach anymore. Keep the faith guys and mon the jambos!

Maybe the plan is for James Anderson to make money available to sign players but in order to not alert teams we have cash to spend, we are waiting until nearer the end of the window to spend it.

BRAVEHEART1874

Totally bored, surely we must sign someone tout de f suite with jkb approval ;)

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***