***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Mr Elwood P
32 minutes ago, Herbert said:

How because in the last 8 games we've beat teams that shouldn't pose a problems but we can't look any further back than that? 

Yes, that is exactly how ‘current form’ works.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Mr Elwood P
25 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Have to agree that some of the insults and nonsense about Savage is uncalled for and over the top. That is certainly pant wetting. Fans can be frustrated by lack of signings though, for the reasons I’ve pointed out, as we want to kick on. I’m not saying we’re going to be relegation candidates or anything, but unless the first few games of the season tell us any different, I can’t say this current squad has top 6 guaranteed. Which, as I say, for a newly promoted side is not unreasonable with the squad they got promoted with. Which is why it needs much improved to kick on.

And someone else mentioned earlier that we’re in different times in regards to budgets etc, this is true. But we are one of the most financially savvy Scottish clubs according to recent reports and a club of our size should aim for better, and other clubs have managed not just to sign players but players that you would think are a decent level for them and in their numbers. I’m all for quality over quantity, but we need at least 4 and it’s getting to the last month of the window with not a peep that we’re even close. Savage and Neilson have indicated that we’re close - but they’ve indicated this weeks ago. In Neilson’s case at the start of pre-season. So either we weren’t or were and it fell through.

Are those insulting Savage and co for the lack of signings pant wetters? Absolutely. Are people expressing concern at the current squad level with no signings on the horizon pant wetters? Absolutely not.

I think the assumption has to be that we’re being fairly ambitious and carrying out due diligence on signing targets. This can however be rebutted by one Klak of the Klaxon! 

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yes, that is exactly how ‘current form’ works.

Just 8 games? So 4games into this season and if we've lost 4 that record becomes pretty shit or does the current form number then go to the last 20games?

Could be completely wrong but it’s looking very much like we have signings lined up from England who are taking advantage of the 13month clause in their current contracts. Expect announcements from week on Monday 

If I’m wrong then the criticism  levelled at Savage by some on here becomes fairly justified. 

Lone Striker
46 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Ah right, I forgot about the famous JKB, ‘goals we could have conceded’ column….

😂      From time to time, some folk also dredge up  a "goals we should have scored" stat to hammer the forwards with.  😔

2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

The wait doesn’t bother me. Too often we’ve brought in a barrel load of players, much to everyone’s delight, only to find out most of them are duds. If we only bring in 2 - but they make a significant impact/difference- then I’ll be delighted 

That's how I feel too.  Some previous signings have been horrendous, and I'd rather have no signings than more of them.

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Just 8 games? So 4games into this season and if we've lost 4 that record becomes pretty shit or does the current form number then go to the last 20games?

You realise you are actually just ranting, right? Current form is being taken from the change to 3-4-3 and return of Souttar. I’m sure we will view the first 11 games as a run of games …

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Could be completely wrong but it’s looking very much like we have signings lined up from England who are taking advantage of the 13month clause in their current contracts. Expect announcements from week on Monday 

If I’m wrong then the criticism  levelled at Savage by some on here becomes fairly justified. 

Let's hope so.

Scott on loan with an option to buy this week, a quality centre back and centre mid signed on a free on 1 Aug and a good right wing back before the end of the window and we can push for top 3 IMO.

Our current squad will be in a fight for top 6 if we don't strengthen.

BackOfTheNet
14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think the assumption has to be that we’re being fairly ambitious and carrying out due diligence on signing targets. This can however be rebutted by one Klak of the Klaxon! 

It’s a fair assumption to make. Many on here believe (perhaps hope is the correct term) that we have some deals like we had with Naismith where we await a final salary payment due as players without club whole of July. But if we get to a week on Monday or Tuesday and don’t sign players - or if we do and it’s not a player you’d expect to have to wait on such a contractual situation with - then those fans hoping that such a thing will happen will be incredibly frustrated.

All in all we’re all wanting the same thing, a great season ahead. Just some think the current setup will be fine and others don’t. Some think one or two signings will sort any issues out and other don’t. Here’s hoping for a confidence improving performance against ICT at any rate.

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You realise you are actually just ranting, right? Current form is being taken from the change to 3-4-3 and return of Souttar. I’m sure we will view the first 11 games as a run of games …

Oh well everything is fine. Its not like robbie will shit it and return to the way we played before is it and I'm sure soutter will motivate and get the players moving into space looking for the ball back.

merseyjambo

You know what, I’m actually getting sick of all this.

I didn’t want him as manager and still don’t. That doesn’t mean to say that I didn’t give him a fair crack of the whip last season and will give him one this season. I’ve followed Hearts through worse.

There is no point in the NDF throwing stats about the last 8 games of last season and citing form when they refuse to acknowledge that DS had Hearts 8th in form table when the league was stopped the year before.

Theres no point in the doubters talking about how many goals we may have conceded or should have conceded when we didn’t.

The last 8 games of last season are irrelevant as are the League Cup games. We will only get a true idea of where we are after 7 or 8 games this season. We have on paper 3 difficult games to start with at home and a 4th against Livi who are awkward to play against. The 3 away games are on paper against opposition we have a bigger budget than and on the face of it a better squad. These games will be a true measure of where we are in terms of a full campaign against teams who were in a league above us last year not just a one off. On paper we should be aiming for the 12-15 point mark from these 7 games.

Everyone can have their opinion about what happened last season but it makes no difference. It’s history, the same as our demotion season. We need to get on with it.

I still have my doubts about RN’s style of play and he would be best advised by the club to say nothing at all rather than some of the sanctimonious crap he came out with last year.It doesn’t mean to say that just because I don’t want him there I will stop supporting the club.

As for Savage getting stick, I think until the end of August and we know who we have and who left us, people need to lay off him and let him do his job. Everyone is frustrated at the lack of activity especially knowing we need at least 3 or 4 new faces minimum.

Edited by merseyjambo

1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

Well yes that’s how it works. If you can’t get players who will improve the squad then why sign anyone?

You see it’s not the squad it’s first team regulars Hearts need to sign like 2 Centre Backs, a Midfielder and a Goal Scorer ASAP because if we don’t there will be massive weaknesses in our first team.

JamboBornNBred
2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Someone has his rod and tin of worms out today 😂😂

Spot on....and look at all the bites they are getting.

lost in space
36 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

I am sorry, I just couldn't resist it, even though I agree with a lot of what he is saying.

Brilliant find.  👏

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Ah right, I forgot about the famous JKB, ‘goals we could have conceded’ column….

You obviously are the type of person who does not believe in insurance, alarm bells and loves wearing blinkers.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

You obviously are the type of person who does not believe in insurance, alarm bells and loves wearing blinkers.

I have to admit that after reading my reply to Mr Elwood P I really am a legend in my own mind, ok a genius.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Great idea, it's not just an alternative opinion though, it's finding the negative in everything and moaning about last season, 5 years ago and everything in between, there is no logic to it just everything and everyone is shite all of the time win lose or draw.

There is definitely logic to it, but you keep your head in the sand

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Have to agree that some of the insults and nonsense about Savage is uncalled for and over the top. That is certainly pant wetting. Fans can be frustrated by lack of signings though, for the reasons I’ve pointed out, as we want to kick on. I’m not saying we’re going to be relegation candidates or anything, but unless the first few games of the season tell us any different, I can’t say this current squad has top 6 guaranteed. Which, as I say, for a newly promoted side is not unreasonable with the squad they got promoted with. Which is why it needs much improved to kick on.

And someone else mentioned earlier that we’re in different times in regards to budgets etc, this is true. But we are one of the most financially savvy Scottish clubs according to recent reports and a club of our size should aim for better, and other clubs have managed not just to sign players but players that you would think are a decent level for them and in their numbers. I’m all for quality over quantity, but we need at least 4 and it’s getting to the last month of the window with not a peep that we’re even close. Savage and Neilson have indicated that we’re close - but they’ve indicated this weeks ago. In Neilson’s case at the start of pre-season. So either we weren’t or were and it fell through.

Are those insulting Savage and co for the lack of signings pant wetters? Absolutely. Are people expressing concern at the current squad level with no signings on the horizon pant wetters? Absolutely not.

Do you know there are no signings on the horizon ?

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

2 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I’m not entirely sure what an ‘alarm bell’ is? Ringing in the ears?

12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Absolutely agreed

4 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

There is definitely logic to it, but you keep your head in the sand

My head isn't in the sand, I'm a hearts supporter getting sick of folk knocking the club constantly even though we haven't lost a game for months.

Plenty of other forums full of folk desperate to knock Hearts.

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

My head isn't in the sand, I'm a hearts supporter getting sick of folk knocking the club constantly even though we haven't lost a game for months.

Plenty of other forums full of folk desperate to knock Hearts.

Did we not lose to Sunderland?

And I’m a Hearts supporter, but unlike you, I don’t wear blinkers and ignore the problems

Edited by HMFC 86

45 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I don't think any of us had even heard of this clause until it caused a delay with the signing of Naismith and now we're all hanging our collective hats on this being the reason for no signings! 

Hope you're right. 

6 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

And I’m a Hearts supporter, but unlike you, I don’t wear blinkers and ignore the problems

I don't see a friendly as a reason to wet my pants.

5 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Sunderland? 😂

So just because his point of view is different he is wearing blinkers ? Does that automatically mean you have wet pants ?

I hope the lack of signings means we aren’t just settling or panicking. 

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

What type of blinkers do you where when it comes to disregarding all the positives surrounding the club …

You’ll find the more objective thinkers are giving Neilson a chance. The Neilson, Savage, Budge, Cleaners, Dinner Laddies ooooot brigade are just ranting nonsense, which can almost always be disproved with stats or facts ….

Just now, jambopilms said:

I don't see a friendly as a reason to wet my pants.

Haha good one. Unlike you I don’t suggest we have been unbeaten in months, in pre season, despite being beaten last week

1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

Haha good one. Unlike you I don’t suggest we have been unbeaten in months, in pre season, despite being beaten last week

I didnt think I had to specify competitive games because I'm not a half wit.

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Sunderland? 😂

So just because his point of view is different he is wearing blinkers ? Does that automatically mean you have wet pants ?

I hope the lack of signings means we aren’t just settling or panicking. 

Grow up. He said we were unbeaten in months,

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

You don’t seem to have much intelligence or critical thought

50 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He's hilarious and oh so obvious. Best just to put him on ignore as you can never get any sense out of him, he just hates Hearts 

Critical thought ? From a bloke who thinks a friendly is an important result that proves we are shite.

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Yet you take credit for an unbeaten run of “months” over the close season and pre season, despite being beaten last week, sounds like a half wit to me

He did but it was pretty obvious he was taking about competitive games. Pre season games mean nowt really but if that’s all you have at the moment then bash on with your intelligent critical thoughts. 

Just now, jambopilms said:

Critical thought ? From a bloke who thinks a friendly is an important result that proves we are shite.

Proves you were talking shite

gorgieheart
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Nobody has said they hate him, Just that he is shite and way over his head.

And now your trying to argue about the fact that people are haters....

Gonna just take a breath and count to ten..let the anger be released 

The fact of the matter is that this thread is now flooded with tedious anti RN  anti Budge and anti Savage drivel..its dull

Rick Sanchez
24 minutes ago, pointon said:

A couple good signings will settle this place back down 

It's as simple as that eh :laugh:

gorgieheart
18 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

You'd think 

Na, the pant wetters will soon find something else to bleat about...sadly 

2 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Yet you take credit for an unbeaten run of “months” over the close season and pre season, despite being beaten last week, sounds like a half wit to me

My point is some folk are still raging from a couple of defeats from March ( the last time we were beaten in a competitive match). It's nearly August now, time to move on and look forward to this season.

There is nothing to look forward to though blah blah,  Neilson blah blah got beat in a friendly blah blah moan about the same thing for months blahhhhhhhh

BackOfTheNet
29 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

You know a horizon is something you can see in the distance, right? Other than the window closing next month and an expectancy for any football team to make signings as part of normal business, there is nothing to tell us a signing is close. Can’t take Neilson’s word for it, as he said it weeks ago. By “on the horizon” I’m talking about signings we can see something happening with. For example media reports linking us with the player, ITK chat (which no one is in this window it seems) player activity online etc. Like Milinkovic at the airport, Walker with his GPS etc. But there is nothing on the horizon we can see. So yes I do know nothing is on the horizon as if it was we could see it. If a signing is being worked on behind the scenes and close to being announced then that wouldn’t be on the horizon but a secret. IF there is a signing soon then good, but there’s no sign of it.

niblick1874
46 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Brilliant find.  👏

It came to me from my distant past and I was hoping it would be there in some form or another, however, to find it constructed the way it was, was a bonus 🙂. Again, sorry Herbert, I'm just trying to spread a smile where I can. 😉

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You know a horizon is something you can see in the distance, right? Other than the window closing next month and an expectancy for any football team to make signings as part of normal business, there is nothing to tell us a signing is close. Can’t take Neilson’s word for it, as he said it weeks ago. By “on the horizon” I’m talking about signings we can see something happening with. For example media reports linking us with the player, ITK chat (which no one is in this window it seems) player activity online etc. Like Milinkovic at the airport, Walker with his GPS etc. But there is nothing on the horizon we can see. So yes I do know nothing is on the horizon as if it was we could see it. If a signing is being worked on behind the scenes and close to being announced then that wouldn’t be on the horizon but a secret. IF there is a signing soon then good, but there’s no sign of it.

I wonder who will be this week's "Spotted in the Main Stand watching the game"??

I have a ticket in Section A, so I regret I will not be able to report post match!

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, 2205ian said:

I wonder who will be this week's "Spotted in the Main Stand watching the game"??

I have a ticket in Section A, so I regret I will not be able to report post match!

I’m in P today 👀 

1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

I’m in P today 👀 

Good man CG, remember to take your long lens camera to post the evidence:thumbsup:

coatbridgejambo
1 hour ago, gorgieheart said:

So, is this still a transfer thread or has it degenerated into yet another...." I hate Neilson, more than you do" thread  ?  

Folk need to wise up , get used to the fact that Bob is here,  back him , back the team and gies peace with the constant and boring moaning  ! 

Yes.

Every thread in this place turns into a my d***s bigger than yours thread.

And just for the record mines bigger than all yol

The_razors_edge

Rarely am I ITK but Anyone expecting signings this week are likely to be disappointed. From someone who undoubtedly knows what’s going on. 

36 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I don't think any of us had even heard of this clause until it caused a delay with the signing of Naismith and now we're all hanging our collective hats on this being the reason for no signings! 

Hope you're right. 

So do I. Can’t believe we are not waiting on 1 Aug.  Dreadful recruitment if we are not. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***