***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

58 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Maybe the plan is for James Anderson to make money available to sign players but in order to not alert teams we have cash to spend, we are waiting until nearer the end of the window to spend it.

Do you 8 Skacel?

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

18 minutes ago, martoon said:

Do you 8 Skacel?

Wishful thinking I reckon. 

Neilson stated when we won The Championship that he wanted business done early which hasn't happened for whatever reason. I posted last week to say that it is very risky for us to be going into the league season with this current squad. A bad start and things will quickly turn nasty again like it did at times last season for Robbie.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Maybe the plan is for James Anderson to make money available to sign players but in order to not alert teams we have cash to spend, we are waiting until nearer the end of the window to spend it.

Huh?

8 hours ago, iainmac said:

They're both indefensible.

Shitty results happen. The thing about the Brora game that pissed me off is everybody could see how badly we were playing for a long time before that game but the management just chose to keep dishing up more of the same. That is the indefensible bit for me. 

9 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Fair assessment actually. Especially since Joe & Robbie knew they had to offload more than they could bring in - plus get a few academy boys involved.     

Despite being in the Championship last season, we still think of the club as belonging to the top 4 in the Premiership.   Its going to take 2 or 3 top-notch signings to make that a realistic possibility  this season (imo) -  but if we end up signing nobody or just a couple of "decent" players, it's more likely that we'll have a mid-table scrap with St.J,  D. Utd etc.   Fans need to be realistic about the size of the jump we're hoping to make. 👍

I think your overestimating our squad and management. Mid table with this lot would be a miracle. 

We all know Brora and Alloa were shit. It doesnt need repeating every ten mins for 6 months. It's just weird behaviour now. Time to get on with your lives. At least it stopped the same people talking about the 2-2 against Hibs.

RustyRightPeg
12 hours ago, sadj said:

Dont be logical…how very ****ing dare you 🤣

Thought I’d at least try and keep this thread on the straight and narrow for a short period 

Selkirkhmfc1874
37 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Surely if we were signing anyone it would have been done and dusted by now!

Transfer window doesn't close for and 5+ weeks ! Show some patience 

grumpyespana
10 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Absolute garbage. In all of these games we would have been trophy winners. In fact that’s what sums a lot of so called Hearts fans, who always focus on the negative and ignore the missed opportunities for success.

Your right OG but the worst year for me was 1986 enough said on that as it still hurts.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

True, but we (Robbie) needs to hit the ground running. He can probably shrug off the Celtic game but that’s about it. 

kingantti1874
39 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I think your overestimating our squad and management. Mid table with this lot would be a miracle. 

see I just don’t agree with that. Gordon, Smith, Souttar, Boyce, Ginelly, GMS would walk into most teams in the league. (Ex OF)

thete are no teams in the middle part of the league who wouldn’t take Kingsley, Halliday etc  Look at bloody Jordan Robert’s who went to Motherwell and did really well.

there are no excuses - if we don’t do well it’s down to bad management and bad coaching.

we are reall light in a couple of positions and if we were to pick up injuries we’d have a problem but first 11 is top 5 at the very worst 

Edited by kingantti1874

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Nah, apparently it's proof we aren't bothered about this season and the club are lazy.

49 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Surely if we were signing anyone it would have been done and dusted by now!

Unless we are signing some players who are in a similar position to Naismith was.

Out of contact, but need to wait till 1/8 as they will receive a final salary payment from their old club. Perhaps championship on bigger wages.

(I have no in the know knowledge, just suggesting this as a potential reason)

10 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Thread has went mental again but fully understand people are worried, been nearly 6 weeks since I posted about the 2 players we are after. Been roughly a month since Neilson mentioned them, getting to the point we have either missed out or the club really really believe they are worth the wait, which it’s self adds a lot of pressure on the 2 coming in. Hopefully good news this week if not it’s time to just back the guys who are here as they’re going to need it 👍🏻

I saw an article from Monday or Tuesday which mentioned that Neilson was expecting final answers from two players last week. Unfortunately it wasn't clear whether any answers were received but, if they were, you'd have to imagine it was probably a no, given the amount of time that's passed.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

I saw an article from Monday or Tuesday which mentioned that Neilson was expecting final answers from two players last week. Unfortunately it wasn't clear whether any answers were received but, if they were, you'd have to imagine it was probably a no, given the amount of time that's passed.

They’re backing themselves into a corner with various statements. It‘s not difficult to find quotes about what was promised this summer and it won’t look good if we fall short 

32 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

Unless we are signing some players who are in a similar position to Naismith was.

Out of contact, but need to wait till 1/8 as they will receive a final salary payment from their old club. Perhaps championship on bigger wages.

(I have no in the know knowledge, just suggesting this as a potential reason)

Looking more and more likely that this is the situation. Hence the somewhat hazy comments from Neilson and Savage re when to expect signings. Would also support some of the comments on here from weeks ago that signings had been agreed. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
57 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

True, but we (Robbie) needs to hit the ground running. He can probably shrug off the Celtic game but that’s about it. 

Personally I'd rather take time to get right players rather than sign dross like we've done far too much in last few years

Selkirkhmfc1874
55 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Nah, apparently it's proof we aren't bothered about this season and the club are lazy.

Nonsense ! It's more like the club have learned to wait until right players sign rather than the scatter gun signing dross of last few seasons and the ones shouting will be first to criticise if we sign rubbish rather than wait for right players 

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

see I just don’t agree with that. Gordon, Smith, Souttar, Boyce, Ginelly, GMS would walk into most teams in the league. (Ex OF)

thete are no teams in the middle part of the league who wouldn’t take Kingsley, Halliday etc  Look at bloody Jordan Robert’s who went to Motherwell and did really well.

there are no excuses - if we don’t do well it’s down to bad management and bad coaching.

we are reall light in a couple of positions and if we were to pick up injuries we’d have a problem but first 11 is top 5 at the very worst 

Agree and If we do make 3/4 later signings it's not a disaster unless we get 3/4 injuries at the same rone to key players in the next 2 weeks. 

The lc games should always be OK for us, to have no one in for Celtic is a bit disappointing but barring lots of injuries in the next week we can put a team out that is capable of beating them at home. 

But we do need 3/4 improvements to the first 15/16 of the squad and a CB for the first 11.

1 hour ago, grumpyespana said:

Your right OG but the worst year for me was 1986 enough said on that as it still hurts.

Going by some of the infantile comments on here most posters parents weren't even alive then 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

For me we haven't seen this squad tested on a weekly basis. The last year has featured us with about 80 percent possession and 20 chances per game. That won't happen in top flight, are we clinical enough, maybe it will come but based on pre season it has followed a similar pattern to last season.  The ray of hope is we showed up well in games against Hibs and Celtic last season. 

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

For me we haven't seen this squad tested on a weekly basis. The last year has featured us with about 80 percent possession and 20 chances per game. That won't happen in top flight, are we clinical enough, maybe it will come but based on pre season it has followed a similar pattern to last season.  The ray of hope is we showed up well in games against Hibs and Celtic last season. 

these guys are international footballers. If we don’t perform it’s down to the management and the coaching.  There should be no excuses for neilson and co.

The only reason it will be acceptable to finish lower than 4th/ 5th would be injuries to key players as we are thin. 

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

these guys are international footballers. If we don’t perform it’s down to the management and the coaching.  There should be no excuses for neilson and co.

The only reason it will be acceptable to finish lower than 4th/ 5th would be injuries to key players as we are thin. 

Lots of pressure on the club, especially Robbie, this season and this talk of waiting for a couple of big signings from him and Joe is adding even more pressure onto them. 

11 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Calm doon, tiger.   

Nowhere was I praising anyone - simply pointing out that some teams are doing decent business. And we're not (yet). Sorry if that offends you.     

The American guy has a good CV in the MLS - yes.   Hopefully he flops at Hibs.  Doesn't detract from his MLS record though.

He's not available until New Year though. 

Come in handy for their relegation dogfight 😏

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Lots of pressure on the club, especially Robbie, this season and this talk of waiting for a couple of big signings from him and Joe is adding even more pressure onto them. 

it is, and I fear it will be used as an excuse. We have some of the best players in the league as it is. They are internationals who’ve been there and done it and are on big wages. 

no excuses for finishing below teams on a fraction of the budget

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it is, and I fear it will be used as an excuse. We have some of the best players in the league as it is. They are internationals who’ve been there and done it and are on big wages. 

no excuses for finishing below teams on a fraction of the budget

By now we know many of these clubs working  on a fraction of the budget make the most of their resources through effective coaching, aggression, pride and hunger.

MarkDevriesScores4

At the moment we have a mid table squad at best in my opinion. I get that we shouldn’t be signing just anyone however with the league starting in a week, I’m pretty disappointed we’re still signing nobody. Maybe Robbie is gambling that this squad can do us till January. The issue is, if this squad has us sitting anywhere below 6th in January, neilson will be looking for a new job. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

By now we know many of these clubs working  on a fraction of the budget make the most of their resources through effective coaching, aggression, pride and hunger.

exactly, look at the actual player put opponents have? On paper would we take many from anyone? I don’t think we would especially if you remove hibs and Aberdeen. 

We definely need more depth and a couple more to challenge for third I think but there are no excuses for any embarrassing results. 

if we aren’t firmly top 6 after first round of fixtures the manager should be shown the door

kingantti1874
Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

At the moment we have a mid table squad at best in my opinion. I get that we shouldn’t be signing just anyone however with the league starting in a week, I’m pretty disappointed we’re still signing nobody. Maybe Robbie is gambling that this squad can do us till January. The issue is, if this squad has us sitting anywhere below 6th in January, neilson will be looking for a new job. 

Go look at the squads of stjohnston, st mirren, Dundee United, Motherwell and call out who would walk into our team. 

We have a few players that aren’t good enough(Popescu and Halkett)  but in no way is it a mid table team. 

if they beat us through hard work and application it’s at the managers feet

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

This is my view as well. 

If we go with the present squad we better pray for an injury free season. 

Seems unlikely going on previous seasons, our treatment room is like a hospital sometimes. 

Our big hope is our young prospects can help fill the gaps. 

15 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

You will get nowhere.

Actually think he is Robbie. 😏

He’s more a Richard 😉

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Go look at the squads of stjohnston, st mirren, Dundee United, Motherwell and call out who would walk into our team. 

We have a few players that aren’t good enough(Popescu and Halkett)  but in no way is it a mid table team. 

Some folk have shorts memories majority of this squad were woeful at times last Season yet now we are going to stroll into the top six

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Rather than focusing on individuals, I will state the obvious which is that football is a team sport. In that regard, St Johnstone have shown that a well organised and well drilled team can go far. Therefore, if we fail against the likes of St Johnstone, St Mirren etc next season it will be because we have not won individual battles or they are set up in such a way that we struggle to break them down. Indeed, I think most Hearts supporters would admit that at times last season we struggled to break teams down.  Therefore, it is imperative that we sign a creative midfielder who can play the klller pass.

Clark Griswold
9 minutes ago, pointon said:

Some folk have shorts memories majority of this squad were woeful at times last Season yet now we are going to stroll into the top six

Exactly and also our squad in the season before should have been nowhere near bottom. Look how that turned out.

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sort of the point I made yesterday in a reply to another poster in regards to taking our time over signings. 

The manager needs to ready this team, not in only style and formation, but ready them to put the hard yards in. We need to be more resilient, showing more will to win and keep our nerve when faced with a more physical challenge.

Looking back at our last season in the SPL we didn’t look like we had the appetite for hard work when it was called upon playing against a side who were out to hound us.  That changed under Stendel for a short time.

I suppose this is Neilson’s time and people will look upon it as a new era in the SPL.  

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, pointon said:

but they are not bad players - no way. It’s down to the coaching and management. 

MarkDevriesScores4

Also appreciate that the transfer window is open for another 5 weeks or so but the point is that our league season kicks off in a week. A poor start to the season followed by panic signings in august and the heat will be on savage and neilson. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen 

29 minutes ago, pointon said:

You have to remember for a lot of the teams in the championship they raised their game when playing is as we were a scalp. We do exactly the same when we play the old firm. This season it won't be like that so the teams will be less difficult to break down than they were last season. Do we still need players? Yes absolutely but not as bad as some make it out

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

Going by some of the infantile comments on here most posters parents weren't even alive then 

Don't know if I'm in the minority but 85/86 was one of the best seasons in my Hearts supporting life. 

5 minutes ago, bazman said:

You have to remember for a lot of the teams in the championship they raised their game when playing is as we were a scalp. We do exactly the same when we play the old firm. This season it won't be like that so the teams will be less difficult to break down than they were last season. Do we still need players? Yes absolutely but not as bad as some make it out

Also, every team last season parked the bus against us. 

In thePremiership a lot more will come out to try and give us a game so we will be able to break them down much easier

Also seem to have a settled formation and first 11 pretty much which is key

And they will be high on confidence acter 10 clean sheets in a row & 20 goals in 7 games

There's hope for a decent start to the season despite the difficult fixtures

Although we so still need quality additions to the team

53 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

And if we beat them all you will be on here praising Robbie I presume

David Black
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Don't know if I'm in the minority but 85/86 was one of the best seasons in my Hearts supporting life. 

It was indeed. 

1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I would say we have a top 4 first 11 but we are a couple of injuries away from having a bottom 6 11.

27 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Also appreciate that the transfer window is open for another 5 weeks or so but the point is that our league season kicks off in a week. A poor start to the season followed by panic signings in august and the heat will be on savage and neilson. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen 

A poor start and no one signs. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

And if we beat them all you will be on here praising Robbie I presume

Of course, XB you’ve picked up a few of my posts, taken them out of context as you haven’t read the preceding points and misunderstood the points I’ve made.  My stall is clear, he should have gone but he didn’t - that I believe was a mistake, the club have backed him so  I will support him until I’m forced into a position that I can no longer do it - I will be fair and reasonable,  many others won’t.  He will get praise when due but ill criticise when it is warranted. 

It’s not a great situation to be starting a season with a massive slice of the support sitting back waiting for failure 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***