***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Batistuta87
8 hours ago, suds66 said:

Jason will have options this summer. There is quite a but of interest, unfortunately nothing from Hearts.

Sounds about right 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Need a few 22 to 25 year old eager to prove themselves and want to go on to better things.

Agree. Hence my list above. Dunne, Hyam and McIntyre Plan A, Dunne is the oldest at 23; the others very much Plan B. I'm sure someone whose actual job it is to find these players will have some other young-ish lads in mind. I actually wouldn't mind taking a punt on the lad that's at Forfar on loan from Reading too although not as a first XI player obviously.

Edited by Batistuta87

August Landmesser
7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Well, it’s certainly a thread of contradictions. 

No it isn't!

hmfc_liam06
11 hours ago, Hood09 said:

Aberdeen seem to constantly beat us for high quality Scottish signings. Pretty poor to be honest. 

Aberdeen beat us to Gallacher, did they?

hmfc_liam06
8 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Well that's likely two down we were in, for and lost out for financial reasons. 

This post is likely nonsense.

Batistuta87
8 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Keeping tabs on Bruce Anderson, Regan Henry, Alan Campbell.  

Anderson -

Henry - 🧐

Campbell -

gregzy2k7

Have only heard of Campbell, would be happy with just him out of those 3.

Jean Louis Valois
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Some folk wetting the Bed over the sheep signing Gallagher and Hibs signing a young Inverness guy?:cornette:

Unreal eh!

Batistuta87
10 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

If we're looking at Anderson he's obviously a project as he is only 22. Remember watching him when he broke through at Aberdeen as a teenager and he looked alright but he's been loaned to Elgin, Ayr, Dunfermline and now Hamilton, and in 70 or so games he's only netted about 15 times. Although I suppose that's more than some strikers we've signed before! 

Henry has been quite impressive for RR, Celtic youth product, also still young, so could work out.

Edited by Batistuta87

Italian Lambretta

JJ having an influence on proceedings?

30 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

This post is likely nonsense.

It ain't and fans that matter know it, may not be a bad thing as not sure about both players, but booboo wanted them.

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Or players wanting to achieve things with us first. 

All day long.  Stepping stone chat is a pile of horseshit.  I want someone who wants to win trophies and play in Europe for Hearts.

Clerry Jambo
27 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Remember all our signings won’t be “pele” like😜

28 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Anderson is a young(ish) sheep striker but I'd prefer we signed his namesake James from Baillie Gifford.

Regan Hendry is a RR player who was noticeable by his lack of influence against us last week.

jambopilms

Without the maroon tinted specs and tin hat firmly on. Why would a player pick us over Aberdeen or Hibs? Both will be in Europe and we are newly promoted. We assume we have similar budgets but a season in the championship would have cost us budget wise.

I think it may be a year or two before we are winning battles against them for players, and that's if we are a top 6 side.

Jamhammer
44 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Regan Hendry is worth a punt IMO.

Quick. Good passer of the ball. Likes to drive forward. Scored a few too

Agentjambo
9 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Nobody from Arsenal?

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Me too. 

I understand where we fit in football and that players are ambitious but I maintain we need players who want to achieve things with us first. If they are good enough then Barca will come calling. 

I dont mind it. I would rather somebody joined us with the view to playing out their skin to get a big money move than someone happy to tick along and pick up a wage.

39 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I'd break the bank for Campbell.  Exactly the player we need.

Totally agree. Will make us money and is at the right point in his career too. 

Hopefully we realise this and put a good deal to him. 

Berra than you
21 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Regan Hendry is worth a punt IMO.

Quick. Good passer of the ball. Likes to drive forward. Scored a few too

Yeah I'd agree. Looks a better player at championship level than Callachan did at league 1 level. Although not outstanding he was decent enough when called upon for us and is now doing well at Hamilton. Think Hendry would be a far better option and definitely worth taking a punt on.

jambopilms
7 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I dont mind it. I would rather somebody joined us with the view to playing out their skin to get a big money move than someone happy to tick along and pick up a wage.

This. We have too many players who have already peaked and know it.

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Could also work 👍🏻🤷‍♂️

It’s where you need to properly scout the player in advance, to understand their motivations and desire etc

Howdy Doody Jambo
47 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Remember all our signings won’t be “pele” like😜

I might just watch Man City next season then 

Prince Buaben

I quite liked the thought of Gallagher coming in. Ahh well

gregzy2k7
39 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Without the maroon tinted specs and tin hat firmly on. Why would a player pick us over Aberdeen or Hibs? Both will be in Europe and we are newly promoted. We assume we have similar budgets but a season in the championship would have cost us budget wise.

I think it may be a year or two before we are winning battles against them for players, and that's if we are a top 6 side.

We need to be offering more money to these players and selling the club in the correct way, I have no idea what our budget is but i would imagine we are not miles behind hibs and aberdeen like some suggest, we are a big club and have resources like foh and outside investors that other clubs in our league don't, both of them (hibs and aberdeen) being in europe will help their recruitment though tbf, I just hope we can get some real quality in the team, even if it's just 4 or 5 more quality players instead of 8 or 9 average/potentially good players.

What are people's thoughts on Naismith?

He's obviously one of our highest earners if not the highest earner. The performances just haven't been there for us recently and he's already started the move into coaching.

Personally, I think he should step aside and free up the wage budget for fresh legs. 

Cutting him and Damour will free our wage budget drastically.

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Or players wanting to achieve things with us first. 

This.

I'm sick of Hearts being a club who talk up a player's next move to bigger and better things before they've even kicked a ball with us. 

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

We need to be offering more money to these players and selling the club in the correct way, I have no idea what our budget is but i would imagine we are not miles behind hibs and aberdeen like some suggest, we are a big club and have resources like foh and outside investors that other clubs in our league don't, both of them (hibs and aberdeen) being in europe will help their recruitment though tbf, I just hope we can get some real quality in the team, even if it's just 4 or 5 more quality players instead of 8 or 9 average/potentially good players.

That may nullify your previous sentence and there is no evidence I have seen of who we are/were after or what we may have offered.

Ainsley Harriott
13 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

This.

I'm sick of Hearts being a club who talk up a player's next move to bigger and better things before they've even kicked a ball with us. 

Would have a hard job doing that with most of our current squad 

4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Some folk wetting the Bed over the sheep signing Gallagher and Hibs signing a young Inverness guy?:cornette:

Gallagher is too old and he was hardly great for Motherwell last season. Glad we were never serious. 

Batistuta87
37 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Gallagher is too old and he was hardly great for Motherwell last season. Glad we were never serious. 

More for his performances for Scotland for me, and he is a decent "put his heed on anything" kind of defender; but yes - he's the wrong side of 28 and probably not right for us in hindsight. Not that fussed that he's gone elsewhere tbh and I think there are better options out there. 

Was reading something earlier suggesting Savage has contacts in Denmark which is an interesting market for defenders. 

Hjortur Hermansson has caught my eye. 26yo Icelandic CB currently playing for Brondby, and a product of the PSV youth academy. 

38 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

More for his performances for Scotland for me, and he is a decent "put his heed on anything" kind of defender; but yes - he's the wrong side of 28 and probably not right for us in hindsight. Not that fussed that he's gone elsewhere tbh and I think there are better options out there. 

Was reading something earlier suggesting Savage has contacts in Denmark which is an interesting market for defenders. 

Hjortur Hermansson has caught my eye. 26yo Icelandic CB currently playing for Brondby, and a product of the PSV youth academy. 

I know Brondby are toiling financially and have had to introduce 25% paycuts so he might be within our budget now. 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I know Brondby are toiling financially and have had to introduce 25% paycuts so he might be within our budget now. 

On £4k p/w (before cuts) apparently... So yeah could be affordable. 

I see Ryan Edwards is Burton Albion Player of the year and players player of the year.

Could do a job 👍

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Totally agree. Will make us money and is at the right point in his career too. 

Hopefully we realise this and put a good deal to him. 

He's the type of player that for me it's worth making our top earner.  His attitude is spot on, he's got ability, he's got well over 100 games at this level under his belt.  Great age. A cult hero in the making.

the sub goalie
2 hours ago, Sertse said:

He's obviously one of our highest earners if not the highest earner. The performances just haven't been there for us recently and he's already started the move into coaching.

Personally, I think he should step aside and free up the wage budget for fresh legs. 

I think Naismith could be a useful player for us next season if used correctly, unfortunately there is no real value for money considering his wages.

The power lies with the player as he has a contract, however he seems a decent guy and has made his money so if he feels he can't perform to his own standards he may well agree to terminate his playing contract.  

Batistuta87
27 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

I see Ryan Edwards is Burton Albion Player of the year and players player of the year.

Could do a job 👍

An actual disgrace that he was punted. 

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

No way have we heard the full story on that one. Must be some sort of fall out or personality clash or something. Just bizarre, the whole thing. 

Batistuta87
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No way have we heard the full story on that one. Must be some sort of fall out or personality clash or something. Just bizarre, the whole thing. 

Absolutely. Liked the look of him from day one when he signed from Partick. Saw him in a pre-season friendly I'm sure, and thought we had pulled off a real coup getting him for free. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Absolutely. Liked the look of him from day one when he signed from Partick. Saw him in a pre-season friendly I'm sure, and thought we had pulled off a real coup getting him for free. 

It was truly odd. 

Signed and then released on loan a month after. Comes back, waits a few months before a run of 5 games and a Cup Final goal. Then released. 

He wasn’t the greatest but should certainly have got game time in a midfield where Lee and Bozanic were failing to impress. 

1 hour ago, MTS1874 said:

Could do a job 👍

Don't get me started 😤😡😠

I was positive from day 1 with him & his arrival, as any thread gone before will show...he was treated dreadfully be Levein but is exactly the type of player we need more of...his energy, desire, workrate, application are literally 2nd to none...even his goal a side in SCF, he scored an absolute jaw dropper a couple of months back for Burton, a total joke, like so many before and after, the way he was treated by us/Levein 🤯😕

Nookie Bear
20 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Don't get me started 😤😡😠

I was positive from day 1 with him & his arrival, as any thread gone before will show...he was treated dreadfully be Levein but is exactly the type of player we need more of...his energy, desire, workrate, application are literally 2nd to none...even his goal a side in SCF, he scored an absolute jaw dropper a couple of months back for Burton, a total joke, like so many before and after, the way he was treated by us/Levein 🤯😕

Was he not signed because we were unsure if we could someone else...who we subsequently signed anyway?

hmfc_liam06
15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Was he not signed because we were unsure if we could someone else...who we subsequently signed anyway?

Naismith?

I'd have preferred Edwards in hindsight.

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Naismith?

I'd have preferred Edwards in hindsight.

Rings a bell.

Hindsight of course but i think Naismith was the better option then, i just do not see why Edwards could not have been used as well.

Another Levein DoF masterclass, i'm afraid.

14 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Campbell would be immense.

Hendry would be a replacement for Irving

Anderson a cheap backup option who knows how to play at the top level and has time to progress.

hmfc_liam06
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Rings a bell.

Hindsight of course but i think Naismith was the better option then, i just do not see why Edwards could not have been used as well.

Another Levein DoF masterclass, i'm afraid.

Nah, mad Bob oot!!

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Never understood why he never got a chance. 

jambonian
3 hours ago, Sertse said:

Naismith is more effective around the penalty box. When he has played, he's been played too deep which he hasn't got the legs for these days. I'd keep him on for another year (as a player) but use him as an out-and-out striker as and when needed. Dropping him deeper is no use to him or the team.

Even if we could get something for Damour, a £100/200k from somewhere like we did for Mulraney. It would get him a move away plus save us a weekly wage for the next two years. He is so out the plans that even he must realise he needs to leave for his own sake, and career.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***