***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

bobby bombscare
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was only two finals and the first one was the easiest path ever. The victory over Hibs was the best result of last season no doubt about that. 
We have been awful though and that’s why most folk seem to see the same thing happening again and can’t watch it. 

Lets hope we're all wrong then! 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

4 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

No. 
He'll have an agent in his ear telling him he had a half decent season so he should try and move to england or germany on a free. 

I don't know why hearts gave him so long to be honest. When we lifted the cup, he should have been told to have a decision by Monday. Why wouldn't he sign a contract unless he wants away?

https://dcsport.net/?lang=en

if you scroll down his details are there. Almost every other player listed is already German based

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

Lets hope we're all wrong then! 

Absolutely. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

He’s signed up with a German based agent so must be looking for a move there 

I’ve watched a lot of it in the last year and both of top two leagues are of a great standard, it would suit him well. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not fussed about Irving either way. Better performance from the team when he was benched 

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Not fussed about Irving either way. Better performance from the team when he was benched 

Absolutely but there is a talent there worth developing and it may be better for us to do that than try and replace him in the market. 

jambonian
17 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Maths not your strong point then?

The "nine" i accidentally typed was a rushed mistake as that number was in my mind from my post a few weeks back where i said i'd rather have three quality players in on £6k a week rather than six players on £3k a week or nine players on £2k a week. Same total. The overall, and more important point though was that having much better quality and fewer players bloating the squad would free up some space for youngsters to get game-time or at least bench-time.

16 hours ago, Pagey said:

Creative accounting right there- were you in charge of the new stand fit out?

As above.

jamtartan74
6 minutes ago, jambonian said:

The "nine" i accidentally typed was a rushed mistake as that number was in my mind from my post a few weeks back where i said i'd rather have three quality players in on £6k a week rather than six players on £3k a week or nine players on £2k a week. Same total. The overall, and more important point though was that having much better quality and fewer players bloating the squad would free up some space for youngsters to get game-time or at least bench-time.

As above.

👍🏻

jambonian
17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Dunne appears to be on just under £7k a week and we would need to make him our highest paid player. He’s worth it though and would surely see us sell him on after 1/2 years. 

17 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Depends where you're looking I guess. I've got several sites including one which is usually spot on saying £3,500, £3,700 and there abouts. Can't see any saying as much as £7k. 

If there's any chance that we could get Dunne in we should go for it. So many players will be leaving that the money saved would cover a contract for him. Offer him £6k a week. At 23, this might be the one and only time we can realistically go for/afford him. Some players are ambitious enough to take a temporary move sideways (not backwards) for game-time and to establish themselves, they're not all money-grabbers just looking to top up their bank accounts and contribute little. Even less so at that age. A three year contract with the possibility of getting a big money move (for himself and a decent fee for Hearts) a couple of years down the line should be the ambitious way to go. He'd only be 25/26 at that time and just about to hit peak level. Souttar and Dunne as the main central defenders would show we are to be taken seriously again, ambitious and not there just to make up numbers. There may well be clubs down south thinking about him but why not get in there first and put the feelers out? Give him something to think about. He loved it at Hearts and said he hoped he'll play for us again some day. I don't think it's an unrealistic proposition at all. Right now (because of his lack of first team games) the best he'll probably get is a Championship club which in itself isn't bad but, there's a chance (if we get the signings and coaching right) that we could grab a Euro spot next season, something a Championship club wouldn't get. Surely that must be a temptation?

jambonian
17 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Dunne and souttar would be great together.  More quality over quantity this summer 

Absolutely!

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Absolutely!

The money pished down the toilet with Damour could go along way to getting Jimmy Dunne.

However, I doubt our current manager has the wherewithall to encourage a player like Dunne to come back to Tynie.

He's probably got some shit player from the scottish lowland league lined up.

jambonian
2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The money pished down the toilet with Damour could go along way to getting Jimmy Dunne.

However, I doubt our current manager has the wherewithall to encourage a player like Dunne to come back to Tynie.

Well....yes, Damour being a prime example. Then add plenty others who will be leaving anyway and it's a very realistic prospect. You need ambition for that though.

On your last sentence....he has. He's been looking at a Forfar defender so you might be right.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, jambonian said:

If there's any chance that we could get Dunne in we should go for it. So many players will be leaving that the money saved would cover a contract for him. Offer him £6k a week. At 23, this might be the one and only time we can realistically go for/afford him. Some players are ambitious enough to take a temporary move sideways (not backwards) for game-time and to establish themselves, they're not all money-grabbers just looking to top up their bank accounts and contribute little. Even less so at that age. A three year contract with the possibility of getting a big money move (for himself and a decent fee for Hearts) a couple of years down the line should be the ambitious way to go. He'd only be 25/26 at that time and just about to hit peak level. Souttar and Dunne as the main central defenders would show we are to be taken seriously again, ambitious and not there just to make up numbers. There may well be clubs down south thinking about him but why not get in there first and put the feelers out? Give him something to think about. He loved it at Hearts and said he hoped he'll play for us again some day. I don't think it's an unrealistic proposition at all. Right now (because of his lack of first team games) the best he'll probably get is a Championship club which in itself isn't bad but, there's a chance (if we get the signings and coaching right) that we could grab a Euro spot next season, something a Championship club wouldn't get. Surely that must be a temptation?

Definitely. We should’ve been on the case on New Year’s Day to be honest. 

6 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I agree with this desire but it's not his age that determines whether we can afford him now but our balance sheet.  We have made statements of intent before (eg Naismith, Berra, Souttar) and they finish up with serious injuries which has severely curtailed the benefit we might have had. What do you mean by "getting the coaching right"?  What is that we do with individual players that we shouldn't do, or,  what is that we don't do and should?

8 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

That is indisputable with hindsight.

As we sign each new player you can come on and tell us how successful they're going to be before they kick a ball for us.

FWIW many thought Damour would have been a good signing having played regularly in the top 2 divisions in England. 

14 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I think you will find that the money pished down the toliet with Damour was nothing to do with the current Manager or our Sporting Director.

Hopefully both are working hard to try and get rid of this guy.

You might also find that it is the role of the Sporting Director and his team to identify suitable transfer targets and discuss with the Manger if he thinks those are worth signing.

Batistuta87
36 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Absolutely spot on. He isn't going to move any higher than Burnley at the moment so a sideways or backwards step is the only direction he can move - both in terms of wages and club size. I don't think he has a superb reputation down south due to a poor loan spell at at Sunderland, so I honestly think it would be worth trying to get him in. We could afford him. I would be more than happy if we used Berra AND Damour's wages to land him. Investing £200-250k p/a on a 3 year contract now now might pay off if we then sell him in 2yrs time for £1-2M. 

Edited by Batistuta87

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think you will find that the money pished down the toliet with Damour was nothing to do with the current Manager or our Sporting Director.

Hopefully both are working hard to try and get rid of this guy.

You might also find that it is the role of the Sporting Director and his team to identify suitable transfer targets and discuss with the Manger if he thinks those are worth signing.

Back on to one of your pet subjects, eh Davy?

I've replicated my previous post below where few can argue that it has turned out to be a disaster.

Do you agree with my last sentence?

That is indisputable with hindsight.

As we sign each new player you can come on and tell us how successful they're going to be before they kick a ball for us.

FWIW many thought Damour would have been a good signing having played regularly in the top 2 divisions in England.

jambonian
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I agree with this desire but it's not his age that determines whether we can afford him now but our balance sheet. We have made statements of intent before (eg Naismith, Berra, Souttar) and they finish up with serious injuries which has severely curtailed the benefit we might have had. What do you mean by "getting the coaching right"?  What is that we do with individual players that we shouldn't do, or,  what is that we don't do and should?

We're about to lose quite a few players, we already know Lee isn't coming back, Wighton has signed a pre-contract with Dunfermline, Irving is going to be on his way, Zlamal & Doyle aren't going to be around, Frear and possibly Roberts won't be here, Moore, Kastaneer and others, Popescu too. Brandon should be told to find himself another club. Getting even a small fee for Damour (like we did with Mulraney) would help a little bit also. That should be enough to be able to favour the balance sheet wage-wise. It's a start at least.

True, but Naismith and Berra were/are at the arse end of their careers, they weren't going to have any sell-on value and were winding down. Dunne's different and could net us a few quid. Souttar has been very unlucky to have had two such serious injuries at his age but could easily still get us a big transfer fee in the future also.

The coaching to me, and plenty others it seems, is too zonal, too defensive and fairly easy for an opposition manager to play against. Maybe i mean style/formation rather than coaching (although you'd still have to coach the style anyway). The last few games we've changed to a three, five, two and it seems to work better for the players we have. So, with the right signings and a more attacking style of coaching, there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Rogue Daddy
56 minutes ago, jambonian said:

He'd be a quality signing! As you say him and Souttar, Haring in front and Gordon in goals... that would be a strong platform to build on.

9 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

No need to speculate any further ....... Ross Pilcher has "revealed" Joe Savage's signing policy for the summer.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/joe-savage-reveals-hearts-transfer-20531740

Quality insightful journalism from Ross.  :facepalm:  

One of the worst articles I've ever read. There's **** all to read! 

Batistuta87
11 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

No need to speculate any further ....... Ross Pilcher has "revealed" Joe Savage's signing policy for the summer.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/joe-savage-reveals-hearts-transfer-20531740

Saw this this morning. Absolute pish eh. 

In other news, Livi have signed Ayo Obilaye fro QOTS. Perhaps no new deals for Guthrie and Fitzwater. Would take the latter at Hearts as he's young and looks like he's got some potential. 

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

One of the worst articles I've ever read. There's **** all to read! 

There will be loads going on behind the scenes.:rudiyas:

I'd expect more departure confirmations this week.

jambonian
3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

He'd be a quality signing! As you say him and Souttar, Haring in front and Gordon in goals... that would be a strong platform to build on.

The amount of players we could lose (mentioned a few in a post further up) would cover any wage for him, and then some. I'd be getting Ginelly in as well.

The spine of the team would be along the lines of Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Dunne, Souttar, Haring, McEneff, Mackay-Steven, Ginelly, Gnanduillet, Boyce along with squad players like Naismith, Halkett, Halliday, Henderson etc and being less bloated, it would free up so much space for youngsters to be given a chance.

30 minutes ago, sac said:

So is Savage doing the scouting just now until the new person is in place?

We already have a network of scouts and Savage will have his contacts who will be touting players to him.

19 minutes ago, jambonian said:

We're about to lose quite a few players, we already know Lee isn't coming back, Wighton has signed a pre-contract with Dunfermline, Irving is going to be on his way, Zlamal & Doyle aren't going to be around, Frear and possibly Roberts won't be here, Moore, Kastaneer and others, Popescu too. Brandon should be told to find himself another club. Getting even a small fee for Damour (like we did with Mulraney) would help a little bit also. That should be enough to be able to favour the balance sheet wage-wise. It's a start at least.

It should do but are we going to put all our eggs in Dunne's basket or should we replace them with say 3 players on lesser wages than £6k pw?.  It would not help dressing-room morale if say 2 or 3 players are raking £6k while the rest sre on £3k or less.

True, but Naismith and Berra were/are at the arse end of their careers, they weren't going to have any sell-on value and were winding down. Dunne's different and could net us a few quid. Souttar has been very unlucky to have had two such serious injuries at his age but could easily still get us a big transfer fee in the future also.

And what if Dunne is equally unlucky?  A lot is made on here about players with injury histories being bad signings so why do you think other clubs would not see Souttar in that light?

The coaching to me, and plenty others it seems, is too zonal, too defensive and fairly easy for an opposition manager to play against. Maybe i mean style/formation rather than coaching (although you'd still have to coach the style anyway). The last few games we've changed to a three, five, two and it seems to work better for the players we have. So, with the right signings and a more attacking style of coaching, there's light at the end of the tunnel.

So it's the fact that RN and co are tactically naive.  I certainly wouldn't want to defend him but in terms of points won he seems to be much more aware than 9 managers in the Championship and one (Jack Ross) in the Cup.  BTW I thought Stendel had an attacking philosophy but results showed he must have been tactically naive as well.

17 hours ago, Newton51 said:

He’s signed up with a German based agent so must be looking for a move there 

I think Levein was quoted as saying something along those lines recently.

17 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

No. 
He'll have an agent in his ear telling him he had a half decent season so he should try and move to england or germany on a free. 

I don't know why hearts gave him so long to be honest. When we lifted the cup, he should have been told to have a decision by Monday. Why wouldn't he sign a contract unless he wants away?

To keep his options open as long as possible. If any potential other deal falls through then he might decide to accept our offer assuming it is still on the table.

Rogue Daddy
10 minutes ago, jambonian said:

The amount of players we could lose (mentioned a few in a post further up) would cover any wage for him, and then some. I'd be getting Ginelly in as well.

The spine of the team would be along the lines of Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Dunne, Souttar, Haring, McEneff, Mackay-Steven, Ginelly, Gnanduillet, Boyce along with squad players like Naismith, Halkett, Halliday, Henderson etc and being less bloated, it would free up so much space for youngsters to be given a chance.

Yeah, I'd go along with that... we actually have some decent players. Just hope RN can get some consistency with them in the prem.

jamboinglasgow
38 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Read that earlier, I do like Edinburgh Live and Pilcher and know it will take news from other media and do its own article, but that was just poor. To just take two sentences from the official sites announcement about the Stewart signing and then make it sound like they there was going to be a interview with him was poor.

44 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Read that earlier, I do like Edinburgh Live and Pilcher and know it will take news from other media and do its own article, but that was just poor. To just take two sentences from the official sites announcement about the Stewart signing and then make it sound like they there was going to be a interview with him was poor.

I was pretty annoyed reading that too. 

clickbate 

8 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Looks like Makavora and who else may be away then?

Makarova and won’t be getting a new contract, all the other youngsters who’s contract expire this season won’t be renewed either

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Takis51 said:

Makarova and won’t be getting a new contract, all the other youngsters who’s contract expire this season won’t be renewed either

👍🏻        Any ideas as to whom those youngsters whose contracts are up are?

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Not looking good for Makovora 

Never a Hearts player. Struggled to make any impact playing for Spartans last season. 

2 hours ago, Takis51 said:

Jesus. That is pretty grim. 

Are things okay in the academy? I just wonder at a certain point do questions get asked of Roger Arnott? He's been in charge of the academy since Levein and Budge have came in and we're yet to produce a player of note. Its effectively 7 years of failure. 

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Jesus. That is pretty grim. 

Are things okay in the academy? I just wonder at a certain point do questions get asked of Roger Arnott? He's been in charge of the academy since Levein and Budge have came in and we're yet to produce a player of note. Its effectively 7 years of failure. 

Arnott is a fecking imposter of the highest order.😂😂

5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Hibs have signed Matt Macey from Arsenal, 2Y permanent deal.

He’s massive, and he’s shite too.

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, Zaba said:

He’s massive, and he’s shite too.

😂😂😂

Don't think I've seen him play but my Arsenal supporting colleague has no idea why he was ever there in the first place 🤷🏻

16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Arnott is a fecking imposter of the highest order.😂😂

I've said this a few times before, but we have the former academy director of Manchester Utd sitting on our door step unemployed. 

Surely to god, worth a conversation especially given the poor results from the academy...

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***