***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

jamboinglasgow
51 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Nae danger Roberts will be back here after having a pop at Neilson in the press. 

You would expect he will sign for Motherwell in the summer, would be a straight forward transfer.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Batistuta87
Just now, Cruyff said:

We definitely need to push to boat out at Centerhalf and Central Midfield. Two signing there need to be a priority. 

Then we need competition at RB with Smith, another winger to compete with Ginnelly (assuming he signs) and another striker to compete with Gnando. 

But we might need two centerhalfs if Halkett and Popescu go. Possibly two central midfielders if Irving goes as we'd be left with only Haring and McEneff. 

The rest of the squad I'd probably be looking at us signing a few younger guys. 

Yeah pretty much agree with all of that 👍🏻

Been quite impressed with Henderson's work rate in his last few games so willing to give him a chance as a striker. That said I think I would still like another, and for Gnanduillet to become an Uche type of battering ram to come on as a sub and to make it really difficult for tired defenders. Dunno if he has that physicality in him though. 

davemclaren
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

You would expect he will sign for Motherwell in the summer, would be a straight forward transfer.

Is he still getting a game for them?

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

If they win the cup or finish 3rd,they are guarenteed group stage football 

Damn, I didn't realise that. 

Chuck Berry
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Fair enough 👍🏻

Always a player I'd quite fancied on paper but hadn't seen him play a huge amount. 

He still young, what he probably needs is a move to a lower league club, get some confidence and score some goals and see where that takes him. Mind you, he could equally just disappear.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Think he got injured but played until then

Rogue Daddy
7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Absolutely, been really impressed with him in the last few games. 

Really ridiculous that this turn in form has coincided with him finally being played in his natural position. Farcical it’s taken this long tbh. 

Yeah, whoda thunk it! Not rocket science really.... but it seems to have been a big problem with us over the last couple of years (not just Hendo!)

Rogue Daddy
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I wondered if he would have been 'used' as part of a bid for Gallagher or Campbell 🤔

Boab Mugabe

What a depressing window this is going to be yet again. No confidence whatsoever that who we sign will buck the trend of the past several windows.

hmfc_liam06
45 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I like Henderson and feel we could have a real player on our hands if he gets a decent run in the team.🤞 Love his attitude also, good piece in the EN about how he's shortening his summer break to work on his fitness pre-pre-season... could do with a few more like this!

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-euan-henderson-outlines-his-summer-regime-to-be-ready-for-premiership-3223847

Henderson has always had ability but his downfall has been confidence. Now that it's up he's starting to look like he has promise.

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, Boab Mugabe said:

What a depressing window this is going to be yet again. No confidence whatsoever that who we sign will buck the trend of the past several windows.

I’ll reserve judgement on the success, or otherwise, of the window until we’ve signed a few. 

That-Day-In-May
12 minutes ago, Boab Mugabe said:

I’d say this is a slightly pessimistic view on proceedings. If you look at some of the players we have signed recently, the ones that have experience of doing well up here have turned out to be good signings. Gordon, Boyce, Kingsley, GMS, Halliday to name but a few. Need to take the good with the bad, but normally when we sign someone and it seems like it’s sensible, it works out well. Just hope the club stick with this mentality and stops take risks!

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I honestly can't remember him,the Inverness fans seem to think he has been poor until the last 2 months where he hit a purple patch.:sadrobbo:

The only player that has stood out for me was the guy at Raith,iirc- Vaughn. 

Seen him a few times and looked like a good technical player, quick in both feet and thought and also had a good engine. 

Nobody else sticks out at all, maybe the celtic loanee at Dundee, but he started off the bench v us, so not much to go on. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’ll reserve judgement on the success, or otherwise, of the window until we’ve signed a few. 

And how they perform for us. 

Seems better than judging it now. 🙄

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Seen him a few times and looked like a good technical player, quick in both feet and thought and had a good engine. 

Nobody else sticks out at all, maybe the celtic loanee at Dundee, but he started off the bench v us, so not much to go on. 

I liked Hendry at raith, maybe shields qots and Euan Murray at Dunfermline 

Agentjambo
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I'd imagine Frear and Roberts will be away,think we are looking at a winger Carlos Mendes Gomes......👀

A host of English championship teams are after him too so very unlikely he will come here.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I liked Hendry at raith, maybe shields qots and Euan Murray at Dunfermline 

Murray rings a bell. 

Can't say I noticed them, but these types of guys will in general be low risk / high reward type of signings. 

Can't make a team of them, but no harm in getting 2/3 of these types in the team imo. 

David Black
52 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is out injured for the rest of the season.

David Black

We will be far better signing 3 or 4 decent quality players as opposed to 6 or 7 average players. That was something CL alluded to a few AGM's ago. Have the core of your team, bring through the youngsters and compliment that with a few decent quality signings. If we don't start giving more game time to some youngsters then what is the point of spending all that money on the academy. In other words it is quality not quantity we need to sign. We have signed a GK, we need a centre back, a central midfielder and a striker. We'll also probably sign Ginnelly, that's all that's required.

bobby bombscare

I don't understand hearts fans.. we make one signing and that's it, we're heading back down again. I also don't see why everyone is frothing at the mouth about a 30 year old jouneyman defender who probably peaked this season after all complaining that all the club buys is players ready for retirement.. Honestly makes no sense. These were likely the same folk getting ready to lick Naisy's boots as the clubs saviour when he singed a 4 year contract at 33 year old. 

Hearts fans are weird people. Some of them sound like they'd genuinely be unhappy if we were doing well because then they'd have nothing to complain about... 

I don't think it matters who we sign or how well they do. It simply won't be good enough for a section of the support. Had one guy complaining the transfer window was basically over cause hibs and Aberdeen signed a player each and because we never bought them we're not ambitious.

REALLY?! Gallagher and Mackay? An average defender and an average youngster? Like we couldn't find 10 defenders as good as Gallager. It's also not as if Mackay is the next Christiano Ronaldo either. Youth players like him are 10 a penny in the english, french leagues etc.

I honestly don't understand how people can get so upset over those players.. i really can't. 2 average signings and suddenly we are nobody's.

Gary Locke
Just now, bobby bombscare said:

I don't understand hearts fans.. we make one signing and that's it, we're heading back down again. I also don't see why everyone is frothing at the mouth about a 30 year old jouneyman defender who probably peaked this season after all complaining that all the club buys is players ready for retirement.. Honestly makes no sense. These were likely the same folk getting ready to lick Naisy's boots as the clubs saviour when he singed a 4 year contract at 33 year old. 

Hearts fans are weird people. Some of them sound like they'd genuinely be unhappy if we were doing well because then they'd have nothing to complain about... 

I don't think it matters who we sign or how well they do. It simply won't be good enough for a section of the support. Had one guy complaining the transfer window was basically over cause hibs and Aberdeen signed a player each and because we never bought them we're not ambitious.

REALLY?! Gallagher and Mackay? An average defender and an average youngster? Like we couldn't find 10 defenders as good as Gallager. It's also not as if Mackay is the next Christiano Ronaldo either. Youth players like him are 10 a penny in the english, french leagues etc.

I honestly don't understand how people can get so upset over those players.. i really can't. 2 average signings and suddenly we are nobody's.

I know all doom and gloom... let’s get behind the team and the manager for the new season, back where we belong the team need a packed tynecastle behind them not ready to give them pelters any opportunity

Just now, David Black said:

We will be far better signing 3 or 4 decent quality players as opposed to 6 or 7 average players. That was something CL alluded to a few AGM's ago. Have the core of your team, bring through the youngsters and compliment that with a few decent quality signings. If we don't start giving more game time to some youngsters then what is the point of spending all that money on the academy. In other words it is quality not quantity we need to sign. We have signed a GK, we need a centre back, a central midfielder and a striker. We'll also probably sign Ginnelly, that's all that's required.

I think one more right back would be necessary on top of the ones you mention, someone quick with a good engine to get up and down the pitch. Kingsley and Smith have a lot of good qualities but neither will drive forward and get us up the pitch which is something we're missing imo

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Hornsby doesn’t have the range of skills or abilities to be a top player imo. 

That's just the way it is I'm afraid 

davemclaren
28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

And how they perform for us. 

Seems better than judging it now. 🙄

I feel I can have an opinion when they sign but reserve the right to change my mind ( any number of times ) when they start playing. 

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

I know all doom and gloom... let’s get behind the team and the manager for the new season, back where we belong the team need a packed tynecastle behind them not ready to give them pelters any opportunity

Its something I noticed from some on here and on Hearts twitter, that they have gone from understandable and correct criticism of the club and concerns for the longer term, to doom and gloom, ultra negativity which is just not healthy. 

Batistuta87
32 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Seen him a few times and looked like a good technical player, quick in both feet and thought and also had a good engine. 

I thought Turner at Dunfermline looked like he'd be an absolute steal at the end of his contract after he turned us inside out and won POTM and so on, but he's since been loaned to Airdrie. Asked my Pars supporting Uncle about it and apparently he had a fallout with the manager resulting in him being benched for a few games, and eventually told to told to pack up his locker.  

soonbe110
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Daniel Mackay, he's alright but he's nowhere near the finished product. He's a punt for them.

Boyle replacement 

David Black
27 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I think one more right back would be necessary on top of the ones you mention, someone quick with a good engine to get up and down the pitch. Kingsley and Smith have a lot of good qualities but neither will drive forward and get us up the pitch which is something we're missing imo

They don't drive forward due to the instructions given to them. When the formation changed in the last few games, both Logan and Haliday were allowed to. 

David Black
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Boyle replacement 

Said that yesterday. Pick 2 out of 3 from Boyle, Nisbet and Porteous and they will be sold.

18 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I thought Turner at Dunfermline looked like he'd be an absolute steal at the end of his contract after he turned us inside out and won POTM and so on, but he's since been loaned to Airdrie. Asked my Pars supporting Uncle about it and apparently he had a fallout with the manager resulting in him being benched for a few games, and eventually told to told to pack up his locker.  

As an aside, older readers may remember Kyle Turner's Dad, Tommy, at St Johnstone and Morton.

heartmussel

Worrying thing for me is we are not the most popular team out there with other clubs or agents,even our loan signings haven’t really been to our benefit or loaning club over the years.

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, Wilson said:

As an aside, older readers may remember Kyle Turner's Dad, Tommy, at St Johnstone and Morton.

Remember him.

I'm old.

Auld Reekin'
3 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Worrying thing for me is we are not the most popular team out there with other clubs or agents,even our loan signings haven’t really been to our benefit or loaning club over the years.

They've tended to be much more to the benefit of the loaning club than ours, I'd say...   :ermm:

Selkirk_Jambo
27 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

This is correct. Big bust up and was punted to Airdrie where he has done well. Was described to me as "the best player I've seen at Airdrie in years". 

FWIW, we have lodged an interest. Maybe not one to get the blood pumping but has plenty of potential, apparently. 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yep, I'd think so. 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah pretty much agree with all of that 👍🏻

Been quite impressed with Henderson's work rate in his last few games so willing to give him a chance as a striker. That said I think I would still like another, and for Gnanduillet to become an Uche type of battering ram to come on as a sub and to make it really difficult for tired defenders. Dunno if he has that physicality in him though. 

I don't think Gnando has been fully fit since he's been here tbh. He's steadily improved with games. When he first came in he was no where near fit enough. I think he'll be good for us next year. Same goes for Aaron and Gary. I think all of them weren't quite up too speed and used to the intensity. 

8 minutes ago, Selkirk_Jambo said:

This is correct. Big bust up and was punted to Airdrie where he has done well. Was described to me as "the best player I've seen at Airdrie in years". 

FWIW, we have lodged an interest. Maybe not one to get the blood pumping but has plenty of potential, apparently. 

I think if Irving goes, we'll bring in one top notch Central mid and a younger player like Turner to give us more depth. 

Ainsley Harriott

I hate to say it but Savage has a tough sell on his hands trying to persuade players to work under Rob

stevie1874

I think our transfer window hinges on who we can ship out. If we can somehow get rid of Damour, Berra’s gone and with Naismith’ s playing future undecided this could be a massive chunk of the wage bill freed up. I also don’t see Walker featuring much next season along with Popescu who are both still under contract. 

I've always been slightly baffled why a team with the narrowest pitch in the league are so keen on the idea of wingers. Surely playing narrow would suit us better with wide midfielders as opposed to pure wingers.

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I've always been slightly baffled why a team with the narrowest pitch in the league are so keen on the idea of wingers. Surely playing narrow would suit us better with wide midfielders as opposed to pure wingers.

What about when we don't play at home?

33 minutes ago, Selkirk_Jambo said:

Extract from an article in the Courier.

Boss Stevie Crawford has now disclosed that Turner, out of contract in the summer, rejected a new deal and was allowed to leave for Airdrie so the Fifers could hang on to Kyle Macdonald.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/2055835/kyle-turner-dunfermline-boss-stevie-crawford-reveals-reasons-behind-midfielders-surprise-loan-exit/

bobby bombscare
12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Probably one of the reasons out away record has always been dismal. Especially at the OF pitches and Hampden! Also, a pacey winger is still very useful, even on a narrow pitch!

Selkirk_Jambo
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Extract from an article in the Courier.

Boss Stevie Crawford has now disclosed that Turner, out of contract in the summer, rejected a new deal and was allowed to leave for Airdrie so the Fifers could hang on to Kyle Macdonald.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/2055835/kyle-turner-dunfermline-boss-stevie-crawford-reveals-reasons-behind-midfielders-surprise-loan-exit/

The deal rejection might have been the reason for the bust up but there was definitely bad blood between them. He couldn't get out of there quick enough. 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Absolutely, been really impressed with him in the last few games. 

Really ridiculous that this turn in form has coincided with him finally being played in his natural position. Farcical it’s taken this long tbh. 

I don't agree with this at all.

His change of form cincided with that mazy run which resulted in a penalty when he started from his own penalty box - hardly a forward's natural position.

He seems to be a confidence player.  It's just unfortunate that the season's end came too soon for him denying him the chance to build on his recent form.

Auld Reekin'
47 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yep, I'd think so. 

I don't think Gnando has been fully fit since he's been here tbh. He's steadily improved with games. When he first came in he was no where near fit enough. I think he'll be good for us next year. Same goes for Aaron and Gary. I think all of them weren't quite up too speed and used to the intensity. 

Agreed. :icon14:  I think they're all good players - Mackay-Steven certainly had been and looks like he's recapturing some really good form - and are capable of doing well for us next season (tactics and formations permitting...  :ermm: ). 

18 minutes ago, Selkirk_Jambo said:

The deal rejection might have been the reason for the bust up but there was definitely bad blood between them. He couldn't get out of there quick enough. 

He must have been eager to get out moving down a league wghen by all accounts he seems to be a decent enough player.

Don't know anything about him and if he would be worth a punt.

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The Kickback way nowadays.

The truth though and sad to say you and Des should read the posts first before passing comment

We have looked at him a few times.....Do you forget who his managers were ?....both Hearts stars of the past and if you don't think they have not spoken to our club then you live in a different world.

I don't know if he'll be a success or not but he does fit a profile of the type of player in terms of age and potential we should be looking at

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***