***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

12 hours ago, Barack said:

"Doesn't need to run."

Pretty much the main requirement of any footballer anywhere, at any level, on the planet.

Jesus wept.

It’s often misinterpreted. Players like Rudi were just generally very good players.  Positionally, intelligence etc…

He wouldn’t have got a game If he didn’t run or work hard for the team.  

He “popped up” in space because he knew how to hold runs or equally get there first, depending.  One thing i always noticed about Rudi was he rarely ever seemed to have the ball taken off him. He was just so good.

He was ahead of most players on the pitch in every way. 

Edited by Debut 4

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I believe its been our greatest failure for way too long. Bobby Burns was probably the best attempt to get such a player, but obviously that one didn't go too well, nice lad though

I'm no expert but these are the types of signings we should be after. Some won't work out and some will but, as I said earlier, I would be much more patient with younger players than the likes of Bozanic and Popescu (deliberately ignored the complete disasters).

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

This exactly Johno

The old days of newspapers, you had one report per day and an evening  tv update.

Now internet has made everyone demanding updates every 5 minutes.

I actually read into that there are signings made. Pre season starting next week, hint towards they would be here for that, these things are always talked about in a bigger picture than specifics, not going to do their business in the papers

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I actually read into that there are signings made. Pre season starting next week, hint towards they would be here for that, these things are always talked about in a bigger picture than specifics, not going to do their business in the papers

Absolutely plausible.

Announcement to coincide with strip launch.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Been saying for ages that Moult and his wife have just finished the lengthy refurbishment of their "dream home" near Cheshire - took them about 2yrs - so didn't think there was any way he'd be giving that up to move up here whether that was for us Motherwell or someone else. Burton Albion isn't far away from where he lives so it makes sense if that's where he's going. And anyway he hasn't kicked a ball since knackering his knee last year, so who knows what we'd be getting into. No thank you!

Definitely, it was August 2019 he was injured. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I'm no expert but these are the types of signings we should be after. Some won't work out and some will but, as I said earlier, I would be much more patient with younger players than the likes of Bozanic and Popescu (deliberately ignored the complete disasters).

Yep, totally agree. Reasonable people did factor in that we played in the Championship last year, Frear, Roberts, Popescu were affordable and willing to come to us. Even if we could afford better players last year, would they have come? Nobody even knew if the Championship was going to take place in August.

You wont have a squad of superstars, but if you can filter out the journeymen with players of promise, it has to be a preference. However its what is available and as a manager/owner what you trust to keep the customers happy. We have tried to go safe and got it wrong too often though these last 5 years

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Interesting 🤔

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Absolutely plausible.

Announcement to coincide with strip launch.

I thought it a bit niave of him to say that the transfer window only opened today when other clubs have been announcing signings for several weeks.

Hopefully we do have some good news to announce soon. It would be nice for a change to get our new signings in place for as much of a pre-season as possible so they are not playing catch up for weeks into the season as we seem to have done for years now.

Edited by wavydavy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Interesting 🤔

Just read it again and changed my mind :lol:

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its not being able to run that got us relegated. 

Has to be younger players, but we have to be targeting and capturing long before they get to the point that Campbell, McCann and Ferguson have reached. Realistically they are going to cost and unless we are feeling very benefactorial, then we will struggle to make the offers these players know they can get elsewhere

Spot on. 
But as you said we went and got Bobby Burns, within ten minutes you could see this laddie was too wee and slow to ever play for us. You have to special to be either to succeed and unfortunately he’s not. 
A guy like Ferguson wouldn’t have progressed to the point where he’s due a big move if had come here. 
Our scouting and coaching has been poor for years and needs to change if we are to sign these types of youngsters. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

You sound like my wife.

If you married her Jonno, I'll take that as a complement! Humour me, what do you think of Hibs these days :lol:

40 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Best not to analyse too deeply these interviews is my way of thinking. 

I'm sure things are progressing on the transfer front. Just a wee bit of patience required.

Exactly, why would anyone give anything away in a media session? 

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on. 
But as you said we went and got Bobby Burns, within ten minutes you could see this laddie was too wee and slow to ever play for us. You have to special to be either to succeed and unfortunately he’s not. 
A guy like Ferguson wouldn’t have progressed to the point where he’s due a big move if had come here. 
Our scouting and coaching has been poor for years and needs to change if we are to sign these types of youngsters. 

There’s one problem IMO. John Murray, the chief scout. He’s overstayed his welcome and should’ve been gone as part of the reshuffle. 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

There’s one problem IMO. John Murray, the chief scout. He’s overstayed his welcome and should’ve been gone as part of the reshuffle. 

Do you actually know what his role has been for last two plus years? 

51 minutes ago, Barack said:

We have it already to an extent with Walker.

"Can score a goal though. Keep him about the place for 20 minutes at the end."

Can't sprint back though.

Rudi in his second term. Even his first to a degree. 

Never put that much work in, really. Didn't bust his arse. Good job he had a wand, as a left foot however! But he had credit in the bank from season one. 

Folk are after youthful, hardworking, know the league type players, is all I'm reading.

First signing: "Pass him the ball 30 yards out. Cannae be arsed with the rest."

Brilliant signing philosophy.

Fyssas was good enough to cover for him. Best defender I've ever seen. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Identifying poor players from all over the world. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Must be surely. 

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

What was his role?

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Boyce as the spearhead. 

Fully fit Pete protecting the defence of Souttar and Dunne. 

:clumshot:

Let’s not forget the best gk in Scotland behind those?!

50 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly, why would anyone give anything away in a media session? 

🤣🤣 this place eh! 🙈🙈

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Andy Halliday isn't though...

How dare you the flute will be along in a minute telling you that all things Rangers are amazing 

Edited by sadj

BackOfTheNet

I’m not expecting a signing this week, because we haven’t had any proper chatter about a name yet. So unless Ginnelly signs just can’t see it, but would love an actual proper ITK chatter to start. Name or a clue about the name (other than being Scandinavian).

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Let’s not forget the best gk in Scotland behind those?!

dribbling-cat.jpeg

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m not expecting a signing this week, because we haven’t had any proper chatter about a name yet. So unless Ginnelly signs just can’t see it, but would love an actual proper ITK chatter to start. Name or a clue about the name (other than being Scandinavian).

You're a bloody diva. 

🤣

The Future's Maroon
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

dribbling-cat.jpeg

I hate to think what you searched google for to get that result! 😂

17 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I wouldn’t be waiting on names very often mate, cards very very close to the chest 

BackOfTheNet
17 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You're a bloody diva. 

🤣

💁🏼‍♀️

11 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I wouldn’t be waiting on names very often mate, cards very very close to the chest 

:walk_man:

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

👍 Know we all love a rumour, but tbh i would always prefer to hear names after they’ve signed as when the rumour gets out with legs, it alerts other clubs.

24 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I hate to think what you searched google for to get that result! 😂

😂😂😂

SuperstarSteve
1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

3 signings by friday evening. Not itk but just feeling hopeful. 

Not ITK either but if 3 are incoming, Greg Stewart is one of them. 
Time will tell. 

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Best not to analyse too deeply these interviews is my way of thinking. 

I'm sure things are progressing on the transfer front. Just a wee bit of patience required.

Agreed.

The Invisible Man comes out to say "he's not been hiding". OK then!

Also, he says both Neilson & Savage reported to him, I assume he meant directly? I may be wrong but I think I saw an interview with Savage recently that said Neilson reported into him?

I'm none the wiser.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

Agreed.

The Invisible Man comes out to say "he's not been hiding". OK then!

Also, he says both Neilson & Savage reported to him, I assume he meant directly? I may be wrong but I think I saw an interview with Savage recently that said Neilson reported into him?

I'm none the wiser.

It was Robbie who indicated he reported to Savage. I think we need an org chart. 😄

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

On paper he’s still the chief of scouting. In theory I believe he plays football manager and does lucky dips when recommending players to managers.

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It was Robbie who indicated he reported to Savage. I think we need an org chart. 😄

2C6F9084-DCF0-4D67-8A9C-82A7A2181B92.jpeg

jamboinglasgow
52 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

👍 Know we all love a rumour, but tbh i would always prefer to hear names after they’ve signed as when the rumour gets out with legs, it alerts other clubs.

I do like hearing names in rumours, but it can also mean you look into the player a lot before they sign, watch all the videos, get all the debate on here and when they actually sign it becomes a bit of an anti-climax. So I would be happy to get the name only when the player signs or the day of signing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

GMS about 1/2 an hour before I think

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Would expect a CB first. Reasons? Logan release, Smith back to right back, source, Robbie Neilson, weeks ago.

He didnt say bye to Logan without knowing he had something lined up, if Findlay was close then would imagine at that point they moved quickly to avoid the next one slip

The Apprentice
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Dear god, you are a broken record :laugh:

23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

GMS about 1/2 an hour before I think

That was because folk know family members of Gary's in Edinburgh. I don't think that came out of Hearts. 

21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Would expect a CB first. Reasons? Logan release, Smith back to right back, source, Robbie Neilson, weeks ago.

He didnt say bye to Logan without knowing he had something lined up, if Findlay was close then would imagine at that point they moved quickly to avoid the next one slip

I reckon we might have two centerhalfs signed or close. The midfielder I'd imagine will be the one we're battling it out for. 

BackOfTheNet

Does anyone actually know the Scottish transfer window dates? As in when it officially is open? As there’s loads of info about it being today in England but can’t find any solid info about the Scottish window.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Does anyone actually know the Scottish transfer window dates? As in when it officially is open? As there’s loads of info about it being today in England but can’t find any solid info about the Scottish window.

Opened yesterday I think

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

9th of June to the 31st of August. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Opens officially today and closes 31st August 

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Its not being able to run that got us relegated. 

Has to be younger players, but we have to be targeting and capturing long before they get to the point that Campbell, McCann and Ferguson have reached. Realistically they are going to cost and unless we are feeling very benefactorial, then we will struggle to make the offers these players know they can get elsewhere

Problem we have is that we don't want to/are too scared to spend. This leaves us with three options, older, experienced players, youngsters or floaters (players that just move from club to club with no expectation/ambition) who are just there for a wage. The market we should be looking at is the market we don't. Get Dunne in on a free, spend a few quid on the likes of McGrath at St Mirren. There's two players already that would improve the team, never mind anyone else. It's not as if we're going to go daft signing a top Premiership player or even someone from the old firm. If Hearts can't sign players like that or from St Mirren/Motherwell etc then we really are just another has-been club just happy dawdling along with no expectations (well, apart from Ann Budge expecting fans to fill the coffers up), should just smile and happy clap along accepting we're not going to do anything of note. That's how it comes across and that was never Heart of Midlothian in the past. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***