Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The 4-3 game?

Agreed, he was unplayable that day.

Morgan unbelievably all though Gaza changed  Up the game Terry McCann was on a different level

4 hours ago, Barack said:

Scandinavian women would be better.

Nope I married a Norwegian one, utter bunny boiler! 

3 hours ago, euan 10 said:

I think hearts could have got the best out of kiltie as he is only 24 his best years are still ahead of him he would have came to us rather than at liedown 

Just like Craig Wighton !! but just remember we need players that are going to hit the ground running. No more fingers crossed hoping our Manager and his coaching staff can make a player out of a very average player. So no more passengers, no more duds, no more overpaid journeymen, instead we need hungry, ambitious, hard working players that treat Hearts as their home and they’ll do anything for the club and it’s fans.

BackOfTheNet

Think if what some others have said is correct, that kits will be announced before signings, then watching today with interest. As if kit gets announced today then you’d think signing(s) could be by the end of this week. But if kit getting launched on Friday, then we’d be looking at something next week. I’d normally say next week easily but as we have Ginelly always likely to sign then he could be announced imminently at any time, whereas we only have possibility of a Scandinavian somewhere on the horizon. Maybe. Wednesday will see announcement of Irving departing, we’ll see if that gets tucked away amongst other stories that day or if it will be the main one. Certainly a guessing game at this time.

Tommy Brown

Ginelly contracted to end of June, could be another 3-4 weeks before an announcement.

I have no fears of this one not happening.

The marketing folk will surely want to avoid any major announcements early next week when the focus will be very much on the National side. I cant see a strip launch or any major signings being unveiled on Monday whilst Scotland are playing at Hampden. 

Hopefully this week for any 'wow' announcements (or actually just any announcement would do ☺).

23 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Think if what some others have said is correct, that kits will be announced before signings, then watching today with interest. As if kit gets announced today then you’d think signing(s) could be by the end of this week. But if kit getting launched on Friday, then we’d be looking at something next week. I’d normally say next week easily but as we have Ginelly always likely to sign then he could be announced imminently at any time, whereas we only have possibility of a Scandinavian somewhere on the horizon. Maybe. Wednesday will see announcement of Irving departing, we’ll see if that gets tucked away amongst other stories that day or if it will be the main one. Certainly a guessing game at this time.

What’s the news on Irving?  He has until 14th to accept our offer. 

2 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

The marketing folk will surely want to avoid any major announcements early next week when the focus will be very much on the National side. I cant see a strip launch or any major signings being unveiled on Monday whilst Scotland are playing at Hampden. 

Hopefully this week for any 'wow' announcements (or actually just any announcement would do ☺).

Yep, bound to be aiming for this week otherwise the news will be lost in the euros hubbub. 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, stuart500 said:

With the strip sponsor being announced yesterday I can see the strip being announced this week. The only signing that seems to be in the pocket is Ginnelly so he could be announced this week, but as previously pointed out he may not be announced until his contract is fully up at the end of the month. So with very little chatter about any signings being imminent (other than we’re looking at the Scandinavian market or maybe Liam Polwarth) then I’m thinking no signings this week.

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

What’s the news on Irving?  He has until 14th to accept our offer. 

Not sure. Thought his contract was up tomorrow (9th) as per the website releases statement. If has till 14th then I guess no Wednesday announcement of departure then.

Nookie Bear

I find it hard to believe we would delay announcing a signing for marketing reasons. 

Get the deal done, get it on the website and move on. 

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I find it hard to believe we would delay announcing a signing for marketing reasons. 

Not the way the club will see it. They'll want maximum news coverage of any positive news concerning the club. And quite rightly so. 

Nookie Bear
15 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Not the way the club will see it. They'll want maximum news coverage of any positive news concerning the club. And quite rightly so. 

Can’t imagine anyone outside Gorgie really gives a toss tbh 😁

LarrysRightFoot
34 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Did ‘Fireworks Phil’ not prefer a steady stream of positive news coming out of the club to build up momentum/excitement? Good news story every 3 days or something I remember (caveat my memory isn’t what it was).

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

53 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not sure. Thought his contract was up tomorrow (9th) as per the website releases statement. If has till 14th then I guess no Wednesday announcement of departure then.

Website statement said 14th I think 

51 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Think you will find we have and are. 

20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Can’t imagine anyone outside Gorgie really gives a toss tbh 😁

Ok lets wait for the strip launch and new signings announced at 2pm on Monday. 😀

jamboinglasgow
20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think you will find we have and are. 

Only time I have been aware of us delaying announcing a player for marketing was Steven Naismith signing permanently. As part for the goal of the day video they they released for about 4 or 5 days there was a clip inserted of Steven Naismith (not showing his face) building it up.

Always sceptical of the signings have happened but held back for marketing as every year people say that they will announce someone at season ticket launch or shirt launch to increase numbers and it never happens.

Batistuta87
32 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Sure I read there's a period of time after this contract expires that he can still accept the new deal. 

Don't suppose he will now though.

Irving's contract expired 31 May. He's technically a free agent now but our renewal offer is valid for 14 days up to 14 June. 

People have been saying he wants a move to Germany. He has signed with a German agency and is one of only two players on their books who don't actually play there. Also just noticed that Marcus Godinho is on their books, so I'm wondering if they're maybe still pals and he's been in his ear telling him how good it is over there and has even been part of getting him signed up etc. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Of course we do. Taking Facebook as an example, Hearts will pay to "boost" posts (i.e. to make them visible to more of their followers). When they post something they want to get the maximum reach possible, so they'll do so at a time like lunchtime when everyone is on their lunch break, or just after 5:00 when people are on the bus/train and probably mucking about on their phones. The higher the "reach" they can achieve, the more they can charge sponsors etc to advertise on the Hearts page or to sponsor a video or to be an official partner or whatever. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Of course, maybe the scarves above the heads are already done, and we are just picking our time to release the footage, sure we have done that before

Nookie Bear
30 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Of course we do. Taking Facebook as an example, Hearts will pay to "boost" posts (i.e. to make them visible to more of their followers). When they post something they want to get the maximum reach possible, so they'll do so at a time like lunchtime when everyone is on their lunch break, or just after 5:00 when people are on the bus/train and probably mucking about on their phones. The higher the "reach" they can achieve, the more they can charge sponsors etc to advertise on the Hearts page or to sponsor a video or to be an official partner or whatever. 

Fair enough.

I'm sceptical but who am i to argue with the social media analytics!

BackOfTheNet
38 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Irving's contract expired 31 May. He's technically a free agent now but our renewal offer is valid for 14 days up to 14 June. 

People have been saying he wants a move to Germany. He has signed with a German agency and is one of only two players on their books who don't actually play there. Also just noticed that Marcus Godinho is on their books, so I'm wondering if they're maybe still pals and he's been in his ear telling him how good it is over there and has even been part of getting him signed up etc. 

Godinho was in 3.Liga last I remember, so you’d hope he wouldn’t go there. Some big teams in the 2nd tier he could go to these days mind you!

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Fair enough.

Ignore social 'media analytics' and view it in terms of human nature instead. A number of posters on here have indicated they are waiting to see what new signings we make before committing themselves to season tickets. I'm sure Hearts marketing people are aware of this (even without reading JKB) and know that timing is everything in marketing. Imagine (and I mean imagine) the effect on kit sales if the first sight of the new kit we get is seeing it worn by three new WOW signings. That would be the kind of impact that marketing people dream of, and would be an instant boost to ST sales at the same time.  

Again, the important word here is 'imagine'.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Ignore social 'media analytics' and view it in terms of human nature instead. A number of posters on here have indicated they are waiting to see what new signings we make before committing themselves to season tickets. I'm sure Hearts marketing people are aware of this (even without reading JKB) and know that timing is everything in marketing. Imagine (and I mean imagine) the effect on kit sales if the first sight of the new kit we get is seeing it worn by three new WOW signings. That would be the kind of impact that marketing people dream of, and would be an instant boost to ST sales at the same time.  

Again, the important word here is 'imagine'.

Also fair enough.

As long as the players are decent then the rest takes care of itself.

Incidentally, there are more layers to this than the marketing team would probably think of. I reckon hibs' cup final "effort" did more to boost our season ticket sales than they would imagine. All about the feel-good factor 😄

Lord Beni of Gorgie
44 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Fair enough.

The marketing surely would be aimed at ourselves but they would not want Hearts fans to be distracted by the Scotland game. 

Surprised they are taking so long but often in business some silly things occur that block things from happening immediately 

Batistuta87
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Godinho was in 3.Liga last I remember, so you’d hope he wouldn’t go there. Some big teams in the 2nd tier he could go to these days mind you!

Not to be sniffed at mate - 3.Liga is a decent standard and 2.Bundesliga is easily a step up from Scotland - bearing in mind Hannover 96, Werder Bremen, Schalke and Hamburg are all down there just now. There are some multi-million pound squads in that league and I honestly think Irving would be doing very well to get himself a game in 2.B. 

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Not to be sniffed at mate - 3.Liga is a decent standard and 2.Bundesliga is easily a step up from Scotland - bearing in mind Hannover 96, Werder Bremen, Schalke and Hamburg are all down there just now. There are some multi-million pound squads in that league and I honestly think Irving would be doing very well to get himself a game in 2.B. 

That’s what I mean, he wouldn’t be doing a bad thing going to 2.Liga, particularly with any of the clubs you mentioned. 3.Liga is quite the step down though, still a decent standard but there’s definitely a gulf between 2 & 3.

14 hours ago, pointon said:

Allan Campbell is still a possibility

14 hours ago, Hood09 said:

No he is not. Going down south from horses mouth

13 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Correct. This one is quite complicated with alot of factors but it's been quite positive so far. Not done yet, and with the outside interest,  development fee and the club also protecting themselves from any future transfer.  If we do pull this off then it deserves enormous praise. Could potentially go either way but wouldn't be the player or hearts to blame if it doesn't happen. 

I'm hopeful. 

13 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

No he’s not. We enquired weeks ago and we’re told no. He’s going to England.

ITK’ers royal rumble. 

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

ENEE SYNUNGS??

Is he a centre half or attacking midfielder?😂🇱🇻

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

That’s what I mean, he wouldn’t be doing a bad thing going to 2.Liga, particularly with any of the clubs you mentioned. 3.Liga is quite the step down though, still a decent standard but there’s definitely a gulf between 2 & 3.

Nah definitely not - it would be a great move for him. Being honest, he's nowhere near that level yet but it could be good for his development. 3.Liga is probably a similar standard to here, so would be a bit of a waste if he went there. He'd be better signing for Motherwell or someone like that than a 3.L side. 

bajthejambo

I heard we offered Halkett and Roberts for Campbell as an alternative to compensation. Not ITK, but the person who told me seemed to think that he was. Taken with a pinch of salt anyway.

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

I heard we offered Halkett and Roberts for Campbell as an alternative to compensation. Not ITK, but the person who told me seemed to think that he was. Taken with a pinch of salt anyway.

Would make sense TBH. We're obviously looking for a first 11 CB, Halkett might be free to move, and Roberts did quite well for them on loan. They're losing most of their squad at the end of their contracts so 1 out and 2 in wouldn't be a bad move for them.

BackOfTheNet
15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Nah definitely not - it would be a great move for him. Being honest, he's nowhere near that level yet but it could be good for his development. 3.Liga is probably a similar standard to here, so would be a bit of a waste if he went there. He'd be better signing for Motherwell or someone like that than a 3.L side. 

I would say 3.Liga is better than Scottish Championship but not as good as Scottish Premiership. (Although top teams in 3.Liga would not be far off bottom six in Scotland) 2. Liga is a decent level and better than the Scottish Premiership as a whole though. Many would disagree but I’d wager if they were all in the same league the Germans would have most of their teams near the top than the bottom.

Rogue Daddy

I wonder if the club are waiting until Friday to announce signings & strip.... as they may see Saturday 12th June (first day for ST Discounted Renewal) as a big day for fans renewing tickets. There's been a fantastic response so far for the 'Full Price Renewal'... but they may view these supporters as 'they were always going to renew', where as the discounted renewals could contain more of the 'sitting on the fence and waiting to see what happens' types🤷‍♂️

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I wonder if the club are waiting until Friday to announce signings & strip.... as they may see Saturday 12th June (first day for ST Discounted Renewal) as a big day for fans renewing tickets. There's been a fantastic response so far for the 'Full Price Renewal'... but they may view these supporters as 'they were always going to renew', where as the discounted renewals could contain more of the 'sitting on the fence and waiting to see what happens' types🤷‍♂️

Not sure. If they wanted to maximise money coming in then they could announce a signing now that would inspire people to pay full whack. So if they are sitting on any signings they’re not expecting them to set the world alight. I still don’t think any (other than Ginnelly) are over the line.

Given we know the new sponsor, I'd be my arse that we will see our glorious new top by the end of the week. 

37 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Royal Rumble was more legitimate though.

Aw I duno mate, great as Edge is, I don't think the Rumble should be used to put over a part timer, personally.  Why not use it to elevate Big E, Cesaro or Kevin Owens or even give Mysterio one more dream run as payback cos the guy is a worker?  The women's rumble was spot on for that reason though, so fair enough - Belair was correct choice.

I think this is on topic.  Yeah, defo.  I'm allowing it.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Given we know the new sponsor, I'd be my arse that we will see our glorious new top by the end of the week. 

Which part of your arse will you be?

42 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Would make sense TBH. We're obviously looking for a first 11 CB, Halkett might be free to move, and Roberts did quite well for them on loan. They're losing most of their squad at the end of their contracts so 1 out and 2 in wouldn't be a bad move for them.

Motherwell always seem to do this every couple of seasons they will start the new season with about 9 of the starting 11 being new. massive overhaul in players. I thought we were bad for it. 

David Black

Who was it that said we should expect a "wow" signing that has played in the EPL?

8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Which part of your arse will you be?

Meant bet. It'll defo get released this week. 🤞

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Motherwell always seem to do this every couple of seasons they will start the new season with about 9 of the starting 11 being new. massive overhaul in players. I thought we were bad for it. 

Yet they’ve never been relegated recently, have played in Europe more than us, brought through better youngsters and sold on more players for more money than we have, took one of our players on loan and got a tune out of him. 
We are not in any position to criticise them. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***