***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yet they’ve never been relegated recently, have played in Europe more than us, brought through better youngsters and sold on more players for more money than we have, took one of our players on loan and got a tune out of him. 
We are not in any position to criticise them. 

I'm not criticising them in any way. Just stating that the massive turn over of players is incredible like you said they have not been relegated and played in Europe more than us in the last 10 years probably even been to Hampden more than us too and they never spend a penny on a transfer. Motherwell have also sold on players they got for 0 and made a profit. Well run football club 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yet they’ve never been relegated recently, have played in Europe more than us, brought through better youngsters and sold on more players for more money than we have, took one of our players on loan and got a tune out of him. 
We are not in any position to criticise them. 

Not sure it's criticism bud.  It's the way with most Scottish teams in truth.  At our level in the market, it's high turnover of players for most teams most seasons.

Guess there are a number of reasons.  Decent players not wanting longterm deals as they want to use Scottish football as shop window and get a move as a free agent; clubs not wanting longterm deals as our market is filled with punts you don't want tied to if they're gash; lots of loans

Our turnover has been far too high, of course, but it hasn't been ridiculously out of whack when you look at other teams.  At one point we were being slagged left and right for it and Hibs' was much higher in the recent past.

I really hope these days are gone for us and it's about 3 or 4 out and in every year.  Hopefully the 3 or 4 out containing a couple for good dosh too.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm confident it will happen. :rofl:

Let's see I guess!!!   Wonder what shade of maroon it'll be!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, David Black said:

Who was it that said we should expect a "wow" signing that has played in the EPL?

Chinese Whispers not expect a WOW but to target one

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I'm not criticising them in any way. Just stating that the massive turn over of players is incredible like you said they have not been relegated and played in Europe more than us in the last 10 years probably even been to Hampden more than us too and they never spend a penny on a transfer. Motherwell have also sold on players they got for 0 and made a profit. Well run football club 

Sorry misread that. 
I think it’s symptomatic of the game today for a club their size, they are indeed a well run fan owned club. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Not sure it's criticism bud.  It's the way with most Scottish teams in truth.  At our level in the market, it's high turnover of players for most teams most seasons.

Guess there are a number of reasons.  Decent players not wanting longterm deals as they want to use Scottish football as shop window and get a move as a free agent; clubs not wanting longterm deals as our market is filled with punts you don't want tied to if they're gash; lots of loans

Our turnover has been far too high, of course, but it hasn't been ridiculously out of whack when you look at other teams.  At one point we were being slagged left and right for it and Hibs' was much higher in the recent past.

I really hope these days are gone for us and it's about 3 or 4 out and in every year.  Hopefully the 3 or 4 out containing a couple for good dosh too.

Definitely. I think our problem has been the types we have signed and also not coaching them properly to help them progress. 

adambraejambo
14 minutes ago, David Black said:

Who was it that said we should expect a "wow" signing that has played in the EPL?

If it the same person I thinking about he didnt say anything like , "expect a wow signing" Not to say it not happening as I not got a clue but he just said we were after a wow target. 

Rogue Daddy
26 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not sure. If they wanted to maximise money coming in then they could announce a signing now that would inspire people to pay full whack. So if they are sitting on any signings they’re not expecting them to set the world alight. I still don’t think any (other than Ginnelly) are over the line.

Possibly... just grasping at straws! I do have a feeling the new strip will have a new signing wearing it, though. Don't know why... just a hunch.

David Black
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Chinese Whispers not expect a WOW but to target one

Must have mis-understood.

BackOfTheNet
28 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Given we know the new sponsor, I'd be my arse that we will see our glorious new top by the end of the week. 

I’m calling it that we’ll have the Inter style away strip. Purely because this random goal was on the goal of the day:

24 minutes ago, David Black said:

Has this person not said that every transfer window ? 

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m calling it that we’ll have the Inter style away strip. Purely because this random goal was on the goal of the day:

Or we're signing his laddie!  Is he not a pro?  I could of course check

LarrysRightFoot
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Did someone not say a while back the FOH kit would be an update of this? (I realise a lot things get said on here).

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Or we're signing his laddie!  Is he not a pro?  I could of course check

Jack at Stirling Albion and Robbie at Falkirk.

I’d prefer the strip though…

BackOfTheNet
Just now, LarrysRightFoot said:

Did someone not say a while back the FOH kit would be an update of this? (I realise a lot things get said on here).

Hadn't heard that but now your putting meat on the bone! 👀 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, David Black said:

Must have mis-understood.

Easy done. Sadly big difference  :(

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I agree,  what was yesterday's goal, home strip?

Batistuta87
17 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Interesting choice of goal considering it was a shitey tap in during a shitey game up in shitey Aberdeen. Hoping you're onto something!!

Although I've just paid a daft amount of money for a football top, for an original 93 away so will be raging if now is the time we release a remake after I finally found one haha.

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I agree,  what was yesterday's goal, home strip?

Weir derby goal, which doesn’t stand out as an unusual goal choice.

6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Interesting choice of goal considering it was a shitey tap in during a shitey game up in shitey Aberdeen. Hoping you're onto something!!

Exactly, a very unusual goal choice. Not a club legend, not a memorable goal, not a big game. 🤔

Edited by BackOfTheNet

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Also fair enough.

As long as the players are decent then the rest takes care of itself.

Incidentally, there are more layers to this than the marketing team would probably think of. I reckon hibs' cup final "effort" did more to boost our season ticket sales than they would imagine. All about the feel-good factor 😄

Spot on, and such a lovely feel good factor that was, and still is 👍

jamboinglasgow
24 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Jack at Stirling Albion and Robbie at Falkirk.

I’d prefer the strip though…

Funnily enough its just be announced that Robbie has signed for Cove Rangers.

BackOfTheNet

Unless this is to throw us off the scent? Are we signing a Scandinavian on Inter’s books? 😉

15 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Exactly, a very unusual goal choice. Not a club legend, not a memorable goal, not a big game. 🤔

597AB4AC-9403-43FC-91C1-7EC2D114D507.jpeg

41 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I love the Donkey commentary for that goal 🤣🤣

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I love the Donkey commentary for that goal 🤣🤣

Stamp at Fester in November maybe even better?

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Stamp at Fester in November maybe even better?

Haha i can still hear the “Weiiiiir” the “DeVriessss” and the Stamp one in my head…. Some boy 👌🏻

Clark Griswold
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Given we know the new sponsor, I'd be my arse that we will see our glorious new top by the end of the week. 

I wonder how many on here will use the word 'underwhelmed' upon the unveiling

Just now, Clark Griswold said:

Underwhelmed is a long word for some “pure shittte the hibs ones better” is more likely

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Not many shades of grey in the Kickback world

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

I am gonna plump for page 178 for when we'll see the next signing unveiled

ooooh.... I like a game of 'JKB page Bingo!'.... page 172 (2 pages a day - Friday for me!) Good luck!

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Is that Hearty Harry at the back of Weir. 

...bloody hell.... is that Graham Weir? Didn't realise!

Rogue Daddy
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

4pm today

...changed my mind... I'll go for page 165 😃

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I did wonder with this one as it’s a pretty average goal

jamboinglasgow
32 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Yup, underwhelmed will be used by people if its not completely maroon top with collar or not the same as their favourite Hearts top from their childhood.

Inter Milan or Ajax ones are my favourites for away tops 

Edited by Jamhammer

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Inter is the FOH kit.  No calling required. It just is

A few have mentioned the FoH kit, as someone who pays monthly to FoH I feel I should know what this is. Do I need to check my spam folder? Is this a kit that’s separate from what the players will be wearing or is their a planned kit commemorating the FoH like the grey kit with the names and the players will wear it as an away kit?

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A few have mentioned the FoH kit, as someone who pays monthly to FoH I feel I should know what this is. Do I need to check my spam folder? Is this a kit that’s separate from what the players will be wearing or is their a planned kit commemorating the FoH like the grey kit with the names and the players will wear it as an away kit?

it will replace the black one. You haven’t missed any mails to the best of my knowledge, I know as a result of a direct conversation 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Inter Milan or Ajax ones are my favourites for away tops 

Could have both 

Rogue Daddy
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Assuming this is what they're referring to.... Loved that kit!

foh.jpg

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it will replace the black one. You haven’t missed any mails to the best of my knowledge, I know as a result of a direct conversation 

Ah. So could be worn but won’t be main away kit.

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Assuming this is what they're referring to.... Loved that kit!

foh.jpg

Seemingly replacing the black kit. But yes, that kit was the business. Reminded me of the away kit from the semi final v Aberdeen in 96.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***