***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

RustyRightPeg
29 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Evidently how is that the case?  Do you really believe that everything he feeds back is taken at face value and acted upon? He hasn’t really been employed as a scout, as such, for quite some time. Others do that, the internet does that for clubs these days. Murray’s role was/is to watch players recommended to the club and give feedback. Others make the hiring decisions. 

You don’t get it do you? They make the hiring decisions based on what he recommends. If they ask him to look at players then go against his recommendations then what’s the point in him doing it? 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

19 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You don’t get it do you? They make the hiring decisions based on what he recommends. If they ask him to look at players then go against his recommendations then what’s the point in him doing it? 

Not me that doesn’t get it. The days of a chief scout making hiring decisions are long gone. All they do is watch recommended players and give inputs.  Others do the same before any hiring decisions are made by the DoF or Head Coach.  Hiring decisions, certainly at Hearts, are made by others and have been for years.  Agents, ‘super agents’, unpaid scouts, internet based companies all flood clubs with recommendations. Very little actual ‘scouting’ done by clubs these days. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Not me that doesn’t get it. The days of a chief scout making hiring decisions are long gone. All they do is watch recommended players and give inputs.  Others do the same before any hiring decisions are made by the DoF or Head Coach.  Hiring decisions, certainly at Hearts, are made by others and have been for years.  Agents, ‘super agents’, unpaid scouts, internet based companies all flood clubs with recommendations. Very little actual ‘scouting’ done by clubs these days. 

With how shambolic our transfer policy has been I’m not surprised the Head of Recruitment doesn’t scout players. 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

With how shambolic our transfer policy has been I’m not surprised the Head of Recruitment doesn’t scout players. 

No one does in terms of the traditional role of ‘scouting players’ 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, sadj said:

You are such a card , going some to be decried on twitter as a negative sod 🙈 Can you say anything positive about Hearts. You can go back to say 1950 so anytime between then and now pick something positive and give the club a compliment

Wont you feel silly when you find out they do have a basketball team then. I mean they are in the grand scheme of things the Fort William of Basketball but still…..

Wouldn’t bother your arse otherwise. Prob more likely to compliment thon lass that does that dancing show thing if she wore a green dress than anything Hearts related ever….

https://www.facebook.com/BlackpoolBasketball/

Amateurs, disnae count! Couldnt lace the Forts boots min

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Tatlock said:

Sorry if that’s how it came across, not meant as a challenge, just generally tired of all the sniping on this board. Every thread descends into negativity after a couple of posts  and becomes unreadable. Reading it again it appears I’ve unwittingly joined the throng☹️Apologies again😬

All good. 👍 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, michaeljambo22 said:

Good player and definitely someone I'd like at Hearts, but if fees are involved, plus decent wages, probably out of our reach anyway.

Edited by Batistuta87

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Dan Crowley is a player I would look at. Type of player we are missing.

Is that like Aldi’s brand of Don Cowie?

The Future's Maroon
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Is that like Aldi’s brand of Don Cowie?

😂😂

16 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Yes please. Very far fetched, but yes please. 

Or that is what my quick Google search wants me to say. 

Edited by Zen Jambo

27 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Goal music sorted

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

So 170 pages in and still no real rumours of any signings?

That's about it...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

If we told you we would have to shoot you  :(

17 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Nah we just arent allowed to tell you anything we hear…..

16 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Another blast from the past

Marc Laird massive Jambo grew up in Forrester with him 

Bikey never a footballer this is his third spell with Stirling now 

EDIT; just noticed Dale Carrick has also signed for Stirling they look like they have signed loads of players. 

Gomes signed for Clyde and Brad McKay signed for Falkirk. 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

jamboinglasgow

I am predicting (based on no knowledge) that there will be no signings this week. Seems its all dead at the moment.

21 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Marc Laird massive Jambo grew up in Forrester with him 

Bikey never a footballer this is his third spell with Stirling now 

EDIT; just noticed Dale Carrick has also signed for Stirling they look like they have signed loads of players. 

Gomes signed for Clyde and Brad McKay signed for Falkirk. 

Marc was a really nice lad, remember him joining in some of the kick abouts on the "field" in forrie. was in my sister's year. cracking player who got picked up by man City (I think). last time I saw him play was in a play off game at Wembley for Millwall (on TV of course)

3 hours ago, michaeljambo22 said:

He is one I was hoping we might be looking at TBH however I think we are more focussed on a left sided CB to play alongside soapy

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Do we not play Stirling in the cup? Tooling up for the Jambos eh the Binos

23 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

What money is it that we’re supposed to be spending? 

Well, they need to find it from somewhere. I'd rather we invested something like £300k on a player in his early 20s and making a profit sometime down the line with a future transfer fee. If not then expect mid-table obscurity at best for the future with duds, has-beens and never-will-be's. Speculate to accumulate.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Serious lack of announcements! Season tickets and 3rd strips, mon JTs keep up the momentum

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Don't forget the new sponsor! 

Bad me!

Tommy Brown

This most be the worst Transfer thread in JBK history. Info is tighter than a gnat's chuff.

🥺

Edit

Spelling

Edited by Tommy Brown

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Don't worry though, 3 superstars getting announced tomorrow, i can feel it in ma bones

Acker Bilk?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

This most be the worst Transfer thread in JBK history. Info is tighter than a gnat's chuff.

🥺

Edit

Spelling

Have you ever seen one? I dont want to google it just in case of inappropriate content. Kind of like waiting for Christmas as a kid when the old lady was just too good at hiding the stuff. I'd wager my Christmas back then will be better than the "unwrapping" here :)

RustyRightPeg
7 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

If Savage or Neilson ask him to watch a player, and he does. He then prepares a report on the player, detailing pros and cons and whether or not the club should move for the player and they then do the opposite tell me the point of the exercise? What’s the point of him being employed more to the point.

I have done SFA & English FA courses through the lockdown period on becoming a scout as it does interest me a lot and the above is common practice in preparing reports on players and I’m well aware they don’t do the hiring, they do the watching and recommending, what you’re saying is completely irrelevant.

4 hours ago, Gav M said:

Marc was a really nice lad, remember him joining in some of the kick abouts on the "field" in forrie. was in my sister's year. cracking player who got picked up by man City (I think). last time I saw him play was in a play off game at Wembley for Millwall (on TV of course)

Knew his big Brother Chris from when we played against each other at under 21s then together at seniors for Peebles. 

Always thought Chris was a classy centre back. Nice big guy and had a good banter.  Not sure what he went onto do through the years in football?

I know he was a spark to trade. 👍🏻 

Edited by Debut 4

Bazzas right boot

Nae one signed.

Campbell 

Dunne

Crawley 

Blackpool lad

B Bannon 

Random player from Africa 

All to be announced next week and  make this thread worth it. 

🙏

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nae one signed.

Campbell 

Dunne

Crawley 

Blackpool lad

B Bannon 

🙏

I can confidently predict we are now one day closer to a new signing than we were this time yesterday. 👍

Bazzas right boot
Just now, davemclaren said:

I can confidently predict we are now one day closer to a new signing than we were this time yesterday. 👍

That's a factoid. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

But what happens if Hearts never sign another player, then we will never be closer.

Its like waiting for your Christmas presents when you dont know day it is.

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

But what happens if Hearts never sign another player, then we will never be closer.

You’re overthinking it. 

36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nae one signed.

Campbell 

Dunne

Crawley 

Blackpool lad

B Bannon 

🙏

27k a week Bannan apparently wants to stay at Shef Wed. Can't think why tbh.  

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

27k a week Bannan apparently wants to stay at Shef Wed. Can't think why tbh.  

It's a mystery.... 

Checking this thread everyday is becoming as exciting as actually watching us

Wheres all the ITKers????

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Put the glue down. 

Also, Even if you don't know the day, you're still a day closer to presents and Xmas day. 

😳

Edited by Smith's right boot

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Put the glue down. 

Also, Even if you don't know the day, you're still a day closer to presents and Xmas day. 

😳

giphy.gif

😛

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Blackpool guy was playing for Dundee and is a Mackem.  Deal looks very likely. 

So its Ethan Robson.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***