***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Lord Beni of Gorgie
41 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...changed my mind... I'll go for page 165 😃

46 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

:oohmatron:

Sorry. Thats just the time I finish work, hope I didnt get any expectations raised :lol:

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rogue Daddy
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Sorry. Thats just the time I finish work, hope I didnt get any expectations raised :lol:

:yadayada:

On 06/06/2021 at 23:51, Jamboj1 said:

Sponsor news, kit news late in the week (potentially early next week) waiting on the green light for that and strong expectancy of a scarf above head 👍🏻Have a good week folks 

🎯🎯even earlier than expected 👀

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Someone/thing incoming?

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Someone/thing incoming?

think he is referring to the reveal of the third kit today as he mentioned kit news late in the week.

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Given we know the new sponsor, I'd be my arse that we will see our glorious new top by the end of the week. 

@Locky type post, if you ask me.  :biggrin:

Rogue Daddy
12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

think he is referring to the reveal of the third kit today as he mentioned kit news late in the week.

👍

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

😂😂👍

jamboinglasgow

Rangers have announced quite a few reserve players released, could be someone we can pick up and develop:

Nathan Young-Coombes, Zac Butterworth, Ciaran Dickson, Dapo Mebude, , Harris O’Connor, Brian Kinnear and Nicky Hogarth.

28 minutes ago, Morgan said:

@Locky type post, if you ask me.  :biggrin:

:D

And if Cruyff has read the dating thread lately, he might think twice about offering that bet around me.

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Rangers have announced quite a few reserve players released, could be someone we can pick up and develop:

Nathan Young-Coombes, Zac Butterworth, Ciaran Dickson, Dapo Mebude, , Harris O’Connor, Brian Kinnear and Nicky Hogarth.

Mebude has always looked a player when I've seen him play for Scotland at age groups...

Rogue Daddy
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Mebude has always looked a player when I've seen him play for Scotland at age groups...

He looked lively earlier in the season when he played against us.... before his COVID ban!

Not into wearing football tops but the new third kit is really nice. Good to get something different but would've been nice for it to be our second strip so we can see it a bit more often. 

Rogue Daddy
54 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

C'mon mate.... can you do the hattrick this week?

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

He is one I would take. Harris O'Connor I am sure was highly rated a few seasons ago, Nathan Young-Coombes last year was targeted by Premier league clubs so would imagine he would go down there.

Greg Stewart been released by Rangers, never mind didn't realise he was 31 

Edited by jamle1874

12 minutes ago, Locky said:

:D

And if Cruyff has read the dating thread lately, he might think twice about offering that bet around me.

You never know!  :oohmatron:

Tommy Brown
4 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Greg Stewart been released by Rangers, never mind didn't realise he was 31 

Why is being 31 an issue?

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Because apparently they are all old crocked journey men who want a retirement fund and don’t care about the club or something

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

We desperately need younger players in the squad

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Ssssh dont say that word or he’ll appear

50 minutes ago, pointon said:

Right sponsor announced,strip announced let’s get some players announced 

Interesting wording

Edited by sadj

ScottieMac17
2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Assuming this is what they're referring to.... Loved that kit!

foh.jpg

One of my all time favorite Hearts kits. Looked amazing! 

15 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Especially in that photo!!

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Tuesday third kit

wednesday away kit

thursday home kit

fri signings in said home kit

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Tuesday third kit

wednesday away kit

thursday home kit

Decent Craig David remix 👌

Tommy Brown
59 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

We desperately need younger players in the squad

31 is no no bloody old

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Tuesday third kit

wednesday away kit

thursday home kit

Says early July for home kit on the club website?

Coming Soon

We can’t wait to reveal your new home kit in early July, which will proudly carry MND Scotland on the front of the shirt, thanks to Dell Technologies. As part of this new partnership, Dell Technologies funded the front of the home shirt on behalf of MND Scotland. For every home shirt sold Hearts will make a contribution to MND Scotland and MND Association. Keep an eye out across our channels for more details on this exciting partnership.

Rogue Daddy
23 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Quality eh? I think Adidas make the best kits... that one hasn't aged a day!

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Says early July for home kit on the club website?

Coming Soon

We can’t wait to reveal your new home kit in early July, which will proudly carry MND Scotland on the front of the shirt, thanks to Dell Technologies. As part of this new partnership, Dell Technologies funded the front of the home shirt on behalf of MND Scotland. For every home shirt sold Hearts will make a contribution to MND Scotland and MND Association. Keep an eye out across our channels for more details on this exciting partnership.

Soz , Im never on it , was worth a guess though. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, sadj said:

Tuesday third kit

wednesday away kit

thursday home kit

And on fri/ sat we thrilled. 

LarrysRightFoot
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Seemingly replacing the black kit. But yes, that kit was the business. Reminded me of the away kit from the semi final v Aberdeen in 96.

The 96 away was superior in every way 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Soz , Im never on it , was worth a guess though. 

Always worth a guess mate.

You could have been hailed as the home strip ITK guru👍

4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Always worth a guess mate.

You could have been hailed as the home strip ITK guru👍

Haha , ill stick my neck on the line 95% minimum maroon

Just now, sadj said:

Haha , ill stick my neck on the line 95% minimum maroon

Hopefully correct👍

When did all this ‘kit’ nonsense start?

What happened to a strip, a jersey or a top? 

Kits/footy/Coca Cola?

Strips/fitba/pints surely 

BackOfTheNet
36 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Which thread is this ?

Apologies, I brought up that the kit announcement would likely be an Inter style after the goal of the day tweet from Hearts. Was brought up when we were all trying to decipher IF a signing has been made but not announced to maximise for marketing reasons or, Ginelly aside, we’re actually nowhere near announcing anyone.

Just more reason actual transfer news would be welcome as we evidently don’t have any actual activity to discuss. Other than narrowing it down to the Scandinavian market.

51 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

When did all this ‘kit’ nonsense start?

What happened to a strip, a jersey or a top? 

Kits/footy/Coca Cola?

Strips/fitba/pints surely 

Admirals fault. 

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

It’s not for an individual but collectively it’s not where I want us to be. The squad lacks legs, not all down to age but partly is. We often looked tired in the second half of games the season before last, while our opponents didn’t.

The club has to start building something. They keep talking about youth and the future. The last 5 years have seen numerous rebuilds and huge expense for little reward. If we sign players at 31 it’ll just be more of the same. If the players aren’t coming through the academy then sign players who at least have a chance of being here for a few seasons AND improve during their stay. I’d sooner take a chance on a 21 year old than play safe and sign a 31 year old

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not for an individual but collectively it’s not where I want us to be. The squad lacks legs, not all down to age but partly is. We often looked tired in the second half of games the season before last, while our opponents didn’t.

The club has to start building something. They keep talking about youth and the future. The last 5 years have seen numerous rebuilds and huge expense for little reward. If we sign players at 31 it’ll just be more of the same. If the players aren’t coming through the academy then sign players who at least have a chance of being here for a few seasons AND improve during their stay. I’d sooner take a chance on a 21 year old than play safe and sign a 31 year old

Agree but it’s more than that.  Our transfer policy should be about creating value for the club, buying players that deliver on the park but that we can develop and sell on.   We seem to have gone for ageing pros that we could never have afforded until they reach the twilight of their career or taken punts on players that we could only afford because they are recovering from injuries.   I’d like to see us bringing in hungry players of a good age, with potential to develop further and provide us with the opportunity for serious sell on fees if they move to England or abroad.  Surely that is a much better policy. 

bobskeldon
22 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It is when you can't run.

Played correctly, I think Greg Stewart is such a clever footballer, he doesn’t need to run. His quality would improve our side greatly especially at Tynecastle where ‘having legs’ is less important than e.g. Celtic Park

Young, hungry, ambitious, physical, athletic, winners who hate losing. That’s what Savage & Neilson should be looking for. Players between 21 to 25 who are capable of playing in the Premiership. And if they can’t find players with these qualities to play for the greatest club in Scotland they shouldn’t bother signing players who are not up to putting in a challenge for all of Scotland’s honours. I’m sick of excuses from Managers, Owners AND fans why we can’t do this and that let’s make sure this Hearts team gets a backbone this coming season and if the management or players can’t do a job for Hearts our support has to let them know that we won’t accept failure. It’s time we started winning regularly in Glasgow and making a name for Heart of Midlothian Football Club. Never enter a competition unless you intend to win it.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***