***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wonder if Joe could do a drop in clinic on a Monday morning to clear some of these up.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I wouldn’t be too happy about chucking a couple of hundred grand at Rangers for Glen Middleton tbh.

Know nothing about any transfer fee tbh. Can't see us spending anywhere near that on him though. He is not in any long term plans at rangers, so don't think they'd be difficult to deal with.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Neilson said Uche would get a chance to prove himself a few weeks before we sold him.

I’m not sure he’s good enough to play for them, He’s only played 15 times. Seems he’s played more for Scotland’s under age teams than he’s played for his five clubs. 

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

How about Calamari? Italian… slippery customer I hear! :peepwall:

…ill get my coat. 

Scored twice against us for Dundee United, didn't he?

First game of a season (I wasn't there), iirc. 😊

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Wonder if Joe could do a drop in clinic on a Monday morning to clear some of these up.

I’m a little confused, none of these recent names seem to be anyone we couldn’t have scouted/signed without Joe? I’m hoping he’s off unearthing a few gems from Englandshire!

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

No, it is how you have interpreted it in your head. I didn't write you only get shit early, that was in your head.

What I said patience was a virtue, in reference to better players. 

You could sign anyone just now, but is it what you want or need. 

Shite,  maybe aye maybe naw but don't be making up shite and passing it off as fact, because it lives in your head 

Tiresome from you here.

what you said was

“Patience is a virtue. 

Of course its not really a problem to sign Frear and Roberts but if you don't want that.......”

So you are correct about your first sentence, but in your second you are saying it is only possible to get players of the quality of Frear and Roberts if you sign players early. Both these players did not do well for us last season, pretty much everyone agrees, Frear is already away and who knows about Roberts. So you are saying it is only possible to get poor players early in the closes season. I disagree with this, but you continue denying and talking pish

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

Zap Jules ✍️

Cardiff, Birmingham and Blackburn rumoured to be after him. 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cardiff, Birmingham and Blackburn rumoured to be after him. 

You thinking about Zat Knight?

😂

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Awesome if true 👍🏻

Scoring regularly for the Scotland under  21s.   I'll say yes, he's a prospect, a good prospect. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

Zap Jules ✍️

Blackburn, Cardiff and Birmingham rumoured to be  after him. 

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

I wouldn’t be too happy about chucking a couple of hundred grand at Rangers for Glen Middleton tbh.

Why ?    2 months FoH money - well spent if its on the likes of Middleton.   Young, elite performance laddie, did well at St. Johnstone.   Yes please.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Still doesn’t make me want to pay a six figure fee for him.

Are you buying Hearts players? 

Mr Anderson? 

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Scoring regularly for the Scotland under  21s.   I'll say yes, he's a prospect, a good prospect. 

Certainly looks like it aye. Done well for St Johnstone last season and still only 21.

I wonder if we'll have a choice of him or Hastie since they're pretty much going to be looking to loan or sell both of them... 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

You thinking about Zat Knight?

😂

😭😭

Nah, just googled him. 

Seems to have a fair bit of interest. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, DD88 said:

Know nothing about any transfer fee tbh. Can't see us spending anywhere near that on him though. He is not in any long term plans at rangers, so don't think they'd be difficult to deal with.

Imagine we would look to do a similar deal to what Hibs did with St Mirren for McGinn if we were trying to sign him, low transfer fee but a sizeable sell on fee.

Definitely would take him, he is a talented young player who could become a big player and the kind of winger we need. Though I am sceptical that Rangers would sell him for anything less than £500k.

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Blackburn, Cardiff and Birmingham rumoured to be  after him. 

What’s going on here, the guy signed for MK Dons in January - for a fee - are they skint and need to get rid or something? If so and they’re selling then those teams will outbid us any day of the week. (Unless he has a non-promotion release clause like Haring had)

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Batistuta87
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😭😭

Nah, just googled him. 

Seems to have a fair bit of interest. 

Apparently the Zat Knight thing was a JKB joke that I fell for last summer. Was just pulling your leg mate 🤣

Know nothing about the lad tbh, other than that he was quite shite for Motherwell a few seasons ago. Maybe he's better now...

Quick check on Transfermrkt suggests he's no up to much but who knows. They have him valued at £90k, roughly the same as they value Colin Doyle, and around 1/3 of what they value Popescu....

Edited by Batistuta87

Bazzas right boot
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

What’s going on here, the guy signed for MK Dons in January, are they skint and need to get rid or something? If so and they’re selling then those teams will outbid us any day of the week. (Unless he has a non-promotion release clause like Haring had)

Dunno, other than knowing if I was a player if look to leave MK dons ASAP. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Apparently the Zat Knight thing was a JKB joke that I fell for last summer. Was just pulling your leg mate 🤣

Know nothing about the lad tbh, other than that he was quite shite for Motherwell a few seasons ago. Maybe he's better now...

Quick check on Transfermrkt suggests he's no up to much but who knows. They have him valued at £90k, roughly the same as they value Colin Doyle, and around 1/3 of what they value Popescu....

I know the Zap knight saga. 

How old is he? 

😜

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I know the Zap knight saga. 

How old is he? 

😜

😂😂😂

6'6" but. Could do a joab 🥴

Edited by Batistuta87

28 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What’s going on here, the guy signed for MK Dons in January - for a fee - are they skint and need to get rid or something? If so and they’re selling then those teams will outbid us any day of the week. (Unless he has a non-promotion release clause like Haring had)

Nice little profit. 

Sponsor news, kit news late in the week (potentially early next week) waiting on the green light for that and strong expectancy of a scarf above head 👍🏻Have a good week folks 

ooh-aah-cantona

I heard over the weekend we had been looking at Charlie Mulgrew and Barrie McKay.

I think Mulgrew for 1 season would be good foil with a fit Souttar and McKay as another pacey option out wide. Not sure if he is a back up to Ginnelly signing.

Howdy Doody Jambo

So we're interested in a deal for a couple Newman and Trialist not quite over the line loads of other clubs interested in the pair they are not exactly Pele, we should have them in at Riccarton some time in the future 

Hungry hippo
43 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Sponsor news, kit news late in the week (potentially early next week) waiting on the green light for that and strong expectancy of a scarf above head 👍🏻Have a good week folks 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Why ?    2 months FoH money - well spent if its on the likes of Middleton.   Young, elite performance laddie, did well at St. Johnstone.   Yes please.

Is it likely he will be available or will rangers want him back?  If it was me, I'd have him and Davidson in a heartbeat if we could afford them.

3 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

That scarf has been busy😉. All sounds spot on. Cheers for updating on the kit news too Thurs/Fri id heard but if its waiting on the green light it makes sense it might slip. 🤘🏻

Edited by sadj

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

What is with Hearts fans obsession with bringing former players back.

God knows. 

It's strange behaviour.

BackOfTheNet
7 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Would you anticipate scarf to be above Ginnelly’s head or another?

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Chaps said:

What is with Hearts fans obsession with bringing former players back.

I dont agree with it but I think fans do it because a former player is a known quantity to them. If that player has done well for Hearts before then they would reckon the player would do well again. 

I did ask a friend who follows another team if he sees their fans do the same online, always saying they should sign former players and he said they do, so I dont think its unique to Hearts, but it does seem to go over the top on here.

kingantti1874

Why on earth would fans not want players back who they know would do a job. Would be even more bizarre if you didn’t want a good player back just becuase he used to play for us.

some of the greatest players in the history of the club have had more than one spell.  

Some on here didn’t want rudi skacel to come back 😂

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

I heard over the weekend we had been looking at Charlie Mulgrew and Barrie McKay.

I think Mulgrew for 1 season would be good foil with a fit Souttar and McKay as another pacey option out wide. Not sure if he is a back up to Ginnelly signing.

Mulgrew will annoy a few but I think he'd stroll it. 

Older defenders don't bother me too much, especially ones that were not reliant on pace in the first place. 

Mulgrew is technically very good and a good defender. 

He's also left sided. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Why on earth would fans not want players back who they know would do a job. Would be even more bizarre if you didn’t want a good player back just becuase he used to play for us.

some of the greatest players in the history of the club have had more than one spell.  

With good players it makes sense, we've had recent shouts for guys like Robinson, Morrison and Callachan. 

Horrendous. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Tiresome from you here.

what you said was

“Patience is a virtue. 

Of course its not really a problem to sign Frear and Roberts but if you don't want that.......”

So you are correct about your first sentence, but in your second you are saying it is only possible to get players of the quality of Frear and Roberts if you sign players early. Both these players did not do well for us last season, pretty much everyone agrees, Frear is already away and who knows about Roberts. So you are saying it is only possible to get poor players early in the closes season. I disagree with this, but you continue denying and talking pish

Tiresome is you try to invent matters to make yourself look hard on the internet. Do one :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Maybe even 2 scarves?

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

With good players it makes sense, we've had recent shouts for guys like Robinson, Morrison and Callachan. 

Horrendous. 

Fans should want good players regardless of whether they’ve played for us or not

bad players, eh no! 

Sponsor news, kit launch and at least one signing by Saturday.

Possibly a week Saturday.

Heard there’s a signing that’ll make you go “Hmm” and a target that’ll make you go “honk”

Maybe a former player, maybe not.

Young/old.

ITK bingo

Tony Soprano
10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Sponsor news, kit launch and at least one signing by Saturday.

Possibly a week Saturday.

Heard there’s a signing that’ll make you go “Hmm” and a target that’ll make you go “honk”

Maybe a former player, maybe not.

Young/old.

ITK bingo

Ridiculous isn't it 😂. Gullible folk everywhere.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not sure you ever know if a player is going to do a job. Just because they may have been decent the first time round isn't a given the second time.

More often than not they disappoint second time round with a couple of exceptions.

10 minutes ago, Tony Soprano said:

Ridiculous isn't it 😂. Gullible folk everywhere.

Even when players/targets are named 9/10 I dunno if they’re any good

I boycotted SPL last year and don’t play football manager 

funny the mulgrew rumour, I was told that partick were after him by the same guy that told me they were trying to (and did get) Turner and Tiffoney, also mentioned Penrice going to livvy as well

finally get some itk info and it's about Partick Thistle 🤣

Edited by Gav M

2 minutes ago, Gav M said:

funny the mulgrew rumour, I was told that partick were after him by the same guy that told me they were trying to (and did get) Turner and Tiffoney, also mentioned Penrice going to livvy as well

I can imagine him more there than with us tbh.

9 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Mulgrew linked with Dundee United too. Think thistle will do well this season with signings so far

May one-six
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I predict we won't see much movement until pre season is due to start. Whenever that is.

Since our first competitive fixture is about one month away (July 10th), I expect pre-season will start pretty damn soon.

Berra than you
13 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I predict we won't see much movement until pre season is due to start. Whenever that is.

I thought it was today?

10 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

What do the strips look like👀

Just now, Berra than you said:

I thought it was today?

Evening news said  June 15th 

There are quite a few players in today though

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***