• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• Tazio

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They might start winning games again now.

Have to say my fantasy team has taken a bashing the last few days 😂

So close to the demise of the greed is good league, Sky TV were shitting themselves, UEFA were shitting themselves, FIFA were very concerned, it probably would have saw the end of really big money for Celtic and Rangers etc etc 

It didn’t affect us negatively so I wanted the big teams to go through with this. 

Now it’s back to 17th being a better achievement than winning the FA Cup. There’s a proper masturbation fest going on on SSN right now. 

30 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D "developing proposals", "proposed plans" etc. Didn't sound like merely a "proposal" to me. Damage limitation in full flow.

What a bunch of pricks, making out it was far from happening and just at the discussion stages - they’ve shat it.  I hope they all go bust.

13 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

So close to the demise of the greed is good league, Sky TV were shitting themselves, UEFA were shitting themselves, FIFA were very concerned, it probably would have saw the end of really big money for Celtic and Rangers etc etc 

It didn’t affect us negatively so I wanted the big teams to go through with this. 

Now it’s back to 17th being a better achievement than winning the FA Cup. There’s a proper masturbation fest going on on SSN right now. 

Their pompous statement last night on the back of Neville & Cara roasting the ESL English clubs was something to behold.  although I don't think they liked the Cara comparison of Sky doing the same thing in England in 1992. :rofl:

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Pep called it right today when he said everyone is looking out for themselves, let’s hope it leads to a better situation for everyone. 
He also said it’s not sport if there’s no consequences for failure, I hope Budge was listening. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Their pompous statement last night on the back of Neville & Cara roasting the ESL English clubs was something to behold.  although I don't think they liked the Cara comparison of Sky doing the same thing in England in 1992. :rofl:

They also kept going on about foreign ownership whilst ignoring Spurs 😂

Pasquale for King

Unlike Levy to make such an ill advised decision. Normally much more shrewd. The lure of the money was clearly too much. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They also kept going on about foreign ownership whilst ignoring Spurs 😂

They point blank made sure they didn't reference Levy/Spurs. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

They point blank made sure they didn't reference Levy/Spurs. 

Definitely. 

Charlie-Brown-

The Rangers Tax farrago proved to me that football in Scotland cared more about money than Sporting integrity.

This only further confirms it.

Professional football is football for money.

I'm glad it's not being taken to it's logical conclusions but if they could've gotten away with it they undoubtedly would have.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Great that we can now move forward with the totally egalitarian new CL format which will level the playing field 

We have to hope this can somehow lead to a less selfish outlook going forward. 

8 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Great that we can now move forward with the totally egalitarian new CL format which will level the playing field 

This.

Next step a maximum wage. 🙄

£10 a week should do. 

From 120 years ago - 

The Football Association passed a rule at its AGM that set the maximum wage of professional footballers playing in the Football League at £4 a week. This was double what a skilled tradesmen received at this time. At the same meeting they also voted to outlaw match bonuses. To encourage men to play for clubs for some time, players were to be awarded a benefit after five years. It was claimed at the time that this was an attempt the curb the power of the wealthier clubs. This new rule was brought in at the beginning of the 1901-02 season.

Edited by NANOJAMBO

McGlynn The Money
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s quite scary that Perez believes all that crap he says earlier, because not only are they pretty poor at breaking down teams they play very defensively against other big teams. They are boring to watch. Apart from all the rest of the stuff they do. Can’t see youngsters wanting to watch the ESL either. They made a €344m loss, whilst spending €500m on the stadium.
I couldn’t despise Real any more unless Budge, Levein and Neilson took over.

They didn't seem to have much trouble breaking down Liverpool or Barcelona the other week. There's a difference between being boring and defensive and being tactically switched on. Should have put 5 or 6 past Barça in that game alone.

Why despise Perez and Madrid more than any other club involved? The wee guy in your avatar for example, his team were desperate to be involved. Mainly to clear the debts incurred by paying his ridiculous wages, wages which he renegotiates on an almost annual basis despite claiming to love Barça so much.

At least the marketing bullshit of Barça being "more than a club" or Liverpool being the people's club have been blown out the water.

Also looks like UEFA modifying the already toothless FFP rules so the likes of City, PSG and Chelsea can spend what they like. What a result for the people's game...

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

D3C3870C-34CD-44F7-8A7A-8A66224FC886.jpeg

"I'm the highest paid player at Manchester City, a club which is basically a propaganda tool for the UAE, one of the most repressive and backward regimes on the planet. Human rights and free elections are just some of the things you won't find in the UAE although the death penalty, flogging and stoning are all legal forms of punishment there.  Anyone who genuinely believes that I give a toss about fairness, morality or the fans needs their head examined."

McGlynn The Money
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pep called it right today when he said everyone is looking out for themselves, let’s hope it leads to a better situation for everyone. 
He also said it’s not sport if there’s no consequences for failure, I hope Budge was listening. 

He's the biggest hypocrite on the planet. 

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

They didn't seem to have much trouble breaking down Liverpool or Barcelona the other week. There's a difference between being boring and defensive and being tactically switched on. Should have put 5 or 6 past Barça in that game alone.

Why despise Perez and Madrid more than any other club involved? The wee guy in your avatar for example, his team were desperate to be involved. Mainly to clear the debts incurred by paying his ridiculous wages, wages which he renegotiates on an almost annual basis despite claiming to love Barça so much.

At least the marketing bullshit of Barça being "more than a club" or Liverpool being the people's club have been blown out the water.

Also looks like UEFA modifying the already toothless FFP rules so the likes of City, PSG and Chelsea can spend what they like. What a result for the people's game...

I’ve watched them struggle to break down teams all season, and hit Barca on the break in both games. They kept   Liverpool at bat quite easily, as have many teams since January. 
I despise everything about Francos fascist team, their fans and horrible *******s like Ramos,Pepe,Marcelo etc. Like the old firm blended into one. 
It’s not just about this dubious venture. 
No doubt Barca were desperate to be involved, in huge debt trying to keep up with Real who have the same issues. 
It is a result as it’s better than what was planned, hopefully as I’ve said football clubs can see the bigger picture and be less selfish. Remember us calling for that last summer?

Is it not slightly hypocritical to rip into these other teams and back Perez at the same time?

Years of these Clubs traditions are not thrown out because of an out of touch owner, who doesn’t take the fans into consideration and is only interested in making money. Sound familiar?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

"I'm the highest paid player at Manchester City, a club which is basically a propaganda tool for the UAE, one of the most repressive and backward regimes on the planet. Human rights and free elections are just some of the things you won't find in the UAE although the death penalty, flogging and stoning are all legal forms of punishment there.  Anyone who genuinely believes that I give a toss about fairness, morality or the fans needs their head examined."

Slight exaggeration but the UAE are definitely a country that is backward in the extreme, a bit like the country where DeBruyne plays his football. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

He's the biggest hypocrite on the planet. 

I think the PM in the country where he plays his football could challenge anyone on that front. 

dobmisterdobster
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Slight exaggeration but the UAE are definitely a country that is backward in the extreme, a bit like the country where DeBruyne plays his football. 

:wtfvlad:

McGlynn The Money
23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve watched them struggle to break down teams all season, and hit Barca on the break in both games. They kept   Liverpool at bat quite easily, as have many teams since January. 
I despise everything about Francos fascist team, their fans and horrible *******s like Ramos,Pepe,Marcelo etc. Like the old firm blended into one. 
It’s not just about this dubious venture. 
No doubt Barca were desperate to be involved, in huge debt trying to keep up with Real who have the same issues. 
It is a result as it’s better than what was planned, hopefully as I’ve said football clubs can see the bigger picture and be less selfish. Remember us calling for that last summer?

Is it not slightly hypocritical to rip into these other teams and back Perez at the same time?

Years of these Clubs traditions are not thrown out because of an out of touch owner, who doesn’t take the fans into consideration and is only interested in making money. Sound familiar?

They have struggled to break down some teams but have wiped the floor with others. Very similar to Atleti and Barça really in this strangest of seasons.

If you're talking about Franco, you maybe want to have a look at which club awarded him a couple of medals during his lifetime and which club had its debts cleared by him to stop them going bust. Wee clue, it was Barcelona, not Real Madrid.

Can understand Ramos and Pepe but what's Marcelo ever done?

You can't blame Madrid for Barca's financial mess. The main reason they are in the shit is Messi's wages. Claims to love the club but has the begging bowl out every year for a new contract then sent a fax last year to tell them he was off. Gutless wee rat couldn't even do it in person. Then there's the fees squandered on Coutinho, Dembele etc. Eye watering amounts we're talking.

I'm against the Super League but reform is needed. UEFA has basically bribed the English clubs and caved in to the sheikhs and oligarchs over financial fair play. If you think that's a result well I feel sorry for you, I really do.

McGlynn The Money
11 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I think his knowledge of geography and politics is on a par with his football knowledge.

6 hours ago, redjambo said:

b5cd0651-4246-4a4f-ae66-ba51aeab2ea1.jpg

Pathetic. Hopefully all the rich owners sell to not so rich owners and grant them their wish with relegation. 

I hope the billionaires get together and come back and crush Uefa and set up their own league, TV network, players association, refs association. A d shit the door completely with sky going bust and Gary Neville going bankrupt which leads him to lose his mind and end up as Chauvins bitch. 

:leveinproblem:

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I have you on ignore so you’re probably some daft unionist that can’t see what a right wing racist government is in place at Westminster 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

They have struggled to break down some teams but have wiped the floor with others. Very similar to Atleti and Barça really in this strangest of seasons.

If you're talking about Franco, you maybe want to have a look at which club awarded him a couple of medals during his lifetime and which club had its debts cleared by him to stop them going bust. Wee clue, it was Barcelona, not Real Madrid.

Can understand Ramos and Pepe but what's Marcelo ever done?

You can't blame Madrid for Barca's financial mess. The main reason they are in the shit is Messi's wages. Claims to love the club but has the begging bowl out every year for a new contract then sent a fax last year to tell them he was off. Gutless wee rat couldn't even do it in person. Then there's the fees squandered on Coutinho, Dembele etc. Eye watering amounts we're talking.

I'm against the Super League but reform is needed. UEFA has basically bribed the English clubs and caved in to the sheikhs and oligarchs over financial fair play. If you think that's a result well I feel sorry for you, I really do.

Marcelo is as big a ***** as anyone, squealing diving dirty *******. 
Real have dropped loads of points this season due to their failure to break down teams. 
I know their history thanks, like the £200m they got for their training ground a few years back and the fact it’s been said they can’t be allowed to fail. 
As for the GOAT being a rat his wages are obscene, without them Real pay far more to their squad as it’s about level in total. 
To see how much Real are favoured they’ve been given £77m higher wage cap than Barca fo next season. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8957511/Barcelona-handed-342m-WAGE-CAP-LaLiga-77m-rivals-Real-Madrid.html
You forgot to answer why you’re defending Perez who is the chairman of the ESL but criticising the other teams? Bit an Unionist? Hate Barca because they’re a bit Celticy for your liking? Love being British, love Brexit 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?!?!

How any Hearts fan can like any top team in another country whilst the OF shite on us from a great height for decades is beyond belief. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I think his knowledge of geography and politics is on a par with his football knowledge.

Coming from someone who loves that absolute ***** Mcglynn hahahahaha 😆😂🙈

The Treasurer

I wonder if all these citeh, scouser and Utd fans will still be celebrating "saving" football when their rich owners won't buy them a new load of overpriced "stars" next season

McGlynn The Money
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Marcelo is as big a ***** as anyone, squealing diving dirty *******. 
Real have dropped loads of points this season due to their failure to break down teams. 
I know their history thanks, like the £200m they got for their training ground a few years back and the fact it’s been said they can’t be allowed to fail. 
As for the GOAT being a rat his wages are obscene, without them Real pay far more to their squad as it’s about level in total. 
To see how much Real are favoured they’ve been given £77m higher wage cap than Barca fo next season. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8957511/Barcelona-handed-342m-WAGE-CAP-LaLiga-77m-rivals-Real-Madrid.html
You forgot to answer why you’re defending Perez who is the chairman of the ESL but criticising the other teams? Bit an Unionist? Hate Barca because they’re a bit Celticy for your liking? Love being British, love Brexit 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?!?!

How any Hearts fan can like any top team in another country whilst the OF shite on us from a great height for decades is beyond belief. 

I'd hate to hear your opinion on Pique, Alba and that thug Busquets then... and as for Messi, there isn't a bigger cheat on the planet. Cheats on the field every game and cheating Barça out of a wage, a wage they can't afford to pay.

I wondered where you got your facts from but your a Daily Mail reader so that explains a lot. You are more to be pitied than blamed. If you know the history you'll know all about Franco's links to Barcelona so that's something I suppose.

You didn't ask why I'm "only defending Perez" so how could I answer? Anyway, I'm not defending him, the whole ESL is a bad idea but he was not the only one behind it or signed up to it. The oil and gas men behind Chelsea, City and PSG are the real winners here. At least the likes of Madrid and Barça are owned and run by their fans.

Not quite sure what Scottish politics or Celtic have to do with this but you bash on. The irony (something you clearly don't get) of a Daily Mail reader accusing someone else of being a unionist is rather hilarious.

You seem to have a bit of a fixation for Messi and his mates for someone not interested in foreign teams.

You're good, I'll give you that.

McGlynn The Money
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Coming from someone who loves that absolute ***** Mcglynn hahahahaha 😆😂🙈

Way over your head, like most things...

Under the floodlight

Doncaster and the SPFL stand with UEFA in condemnation of the ESL proposal for an elite closed league, meanwhile Brechin are trying to prevent teams from replacing them.

Strange days continue.

The Old Tolbooth

John Henry's apology this morning doesn't wash with me, he was quite happy to bash on and do this without consulting the fans, the players, or the manager of the club, and that to me is unforgivable, that apology was nothing more than a PR damage limitation exercise, and the fans are seeing through it big time! It'll be interesting to hear what other clubs owners will come out with now too! 

It's pretty clear why they wanted to do it though when you look at the amount of debt that certain clubs are in, these clubs are quickly becoming unsustainable and need a massive injection of cash to tide them over, there really should be much stricter financial fair play rules in football to stop this happening and make it a more level playing field! 

176558207_245226540662099_6917210561472420877_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=58c789&_nc_ohc=Qdlo2PKFVS0AX-V5h4v&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&tp=6&oh=290e7ef117aa814bebc46ddd5e34635c&oe=60A634AD

Nookie Bear

So they apologise, back down, and think everything will go back to how it was and they can just regroup and wait for another opportunity?

This whole episode should be leading to taking away the power of the major clubs, not pandering to them.

But UEFA are aiding and abetting them by introducing this ridiculius new format which is a prototype ESL in any case.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I'd hate to hear your opinion on Pique, Alba and that thug Busquets then... and as for Messi, there isn't a bigger cheat on the planet. Cheats on the field every game and cheating Barça out of a wage, a wage they can't afford to pay.

I wondered where you got your facts from but your a Daily Mail reader so that explains a lot. You are more to be pitied than blamed. If you know the history you'll know all about Franco's links to Barcelona so that's something I suppose.

You didn't ask why I'm "only defending Perez" so how could I answer? Anyway, I'm not defending him, the whole ESL is a bad idea but he was not the only one behind it or signed up to it. The oil and gas men behind Chelsea, City and PSG are the real winners here. At least the likes of Madrid and Barça are owned and run by their fans.

Not quite sure what Scottish politics or Celtic have to do with this but you bash on. The irony (something you clearly don't get) of a Daily Mail reader accusing someone else of being a unionist is rather hilarious.

You seem to have a bit of a fixation for Messi and his mates for someone not interested in foreign teams.

You're good, I'll give you that.

Yeah it was the first link I came across, didn’t even open it. 
I didn’t say I wasn’t interested, I support one team and one team only. 
You have criticised every team apart from Real, they have as high a wage bill and one that’s £77m higher next season. But that’s ok with you whilst slating all the other teams. 
Enjoy your night pal. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So they apologise, back down, and think everything will go back to how it was and they can just regroup and wait for another opportunity?

This whole episode should be leading to taking away the power of the major clubs, not pandering to them.

But UEFA are aiding and abetting them by introducing this ridiculius new format which is a prototype ESL in any case.

Exactly, the hypocrisy of football teams in general just now and the people who run the game is quite scary. 

McGlynn The Money
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah it was the first link I came across, didn’t even open it. 
I didn’t say I wasn’t interested, I support one team and one team only. 
You have criticised every team apart from Real, they have as high a wage bill and one that’s £77m higher next season. But that’s ok with you whilst slating all the other teams. 
Enjoy your night pal. 

That first line just sums up what I'd expect from a Daily Mail reader. You clearly haven't read properly what I've said either if you think I'm defending Perez and Madrid and only criticising other clubs. 

I think you've clearly enjoyed your night a bit too much, wherever in the world you are.

All the best.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

That first line just sums up what I'd expect from a Daily Mail reader. You clearly haven't read properly what I've said either if you think I'm defending Perez and Madrid and only criticising other clubs. 

I think you've clearly enjoyed your night a bit too much, wherever in the world you are.

All the best.

You haven’t said one word in criticism of them, not one. 
Even that joke from Kevin Bridges went in one ear and out the other. 
Daily Mail reader hahahahaha. Mcglynn hahahahaha. 
Bye now. 

McGlynn The Money
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You haven’t said one word in criticism of them, not one. 

I've said that the ESL is a terrible idea and that Perez and Madrid have made fools of themselves. Is that high praise then? You and Barça on the other hand, you seem obsessed with them.

I know you get your opinions from right wing rags like the Daily Mail but come on laddie, wake up and smell the corn flakes.

As I predicted it has all ended in tears. 

The hubris of these arrogant caants was breathtaking.

Expect them to be back with a rebranded version though, maybe in a few years at most, after sucking up to the fans to try to get them on board and create an appetite for this purely money making venture. 

22 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

As I predicted it has all ended in tears. 

The hubris of these arrogant caants was breathtaking.

Expect them to be back with a rebranded version though, maybe in a few years at most, after sucking up to the fans to try to get them on board and create an appetite for this purely money making venture. 

Yeah, the EPL and sky are safe for now. 👍 Still waiting for news that Boris will legislate so Scotland, Wales and NI champions take there rightful place from here on in, at the champions league. And teams who fail like man City and Chelsea will be removed from this year's competition. 

51 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

All the clubs should be punished severely regardless of their decision to withdraw. 

I agree.  They should be banned from all European competition for 12 months.  Let some of the 'wee' clubs get a share of the spoils, though it would probably mean PSG v Bayern for next season's Champions League.

Pasquale for King

Athletico Madrid and Inter Milan pulling out now too.