Top European Soccer Teams Agree to Join Breakaway League

Paolo

8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Just out of interest if we’d resigned membership where would Hearts be now? Sitting in a queue to get into the lowland league? 

We would of made the statement as founding members, on the treatment of our club.

As for playing in the Highland league, what is that about ?

Edinburgh is in Midlothian, pick a closer league to take the piss with.

The opportunity to make a point was lost, we failed to make an impression and got done over anyway.

So now it is a cry for revenge, yet with a worry that we are pish right now.

We may of been playing friendlies against top sides , globe trotting. Getting ready to play in the Elite Super league.

How would i know, it never happened.

We got slapped off Brora though. So wouldn't want to play in there league. No not even for revenge.

Edited by JDHMFC

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• Tazio

Rogue Daddy
15 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The other 14 EPL clubs have their say, including holding the big six to account.

This is going to blow up in their (big 6) faces!

1 minute ago, JDHMFC said:

We would of made the statement as founding members, on the treatment of our club.

As for playing in the Highland league, what is that about ?

Edinburgh is in Midlothian, pick a closer league to take the piss with.

The opportunity to make a point was lost, we failed to make an impression and got done over anyway.

So now it is a cry for revenge, yet with a worry that we are pish right now.

We may of been playing friendlies against top sides , globe trotting. Getting ready to play in the Elite Super league.

How would i know, it never happened.

We got slapped off Brora though. So wouldn't want to play in there league. No not even for revenge.

Who said highland league?
So to make a point the club should have resigned, that would show them alright. It’s all very well making a point but not if it means cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

17 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Its certainly a good spin, to divide.  But its near the truth I think this is last chanced salon for Real and Barca who might go tits up, the EPC clubs dont need this, not in desperation in any case

Its ok Boris is going to drop a bomb on the ESL

“Elite clubs”

It beggars belief that Tottenham, Man City and Arsenal consider themself elite. Money doesn’t make a club elite and it never will. At least the rest of the clubs have the European pedigree and history to back up their “elite” status. 

17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

So to make a point the club should have resigned, that would show them alright. It’s all very well making a point but not if it means cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

Sorry i made a mistake in my rant, i appologize for not reading your comment properly.  The point remains. We shat in our pants then pulled them down for all to see.

We will be facing the same clubs who took the piss out of us last year, it better be with a side that gives them it tight.

If it is the present crop, well best not get into that zombie maker.

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Quite. 

32 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

Oh, join the West of Scotland League. Then we could finally have what the world wants, the Walter Scott Derby, Heart of Midlothian v (Kirkie) Rob Roy.

Don't under estimate our ability to fall out with all and sundry.

Mostly with reason.

Edited by DETTY29

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

“Elite clubs”

It beggars belief that Tottenham, Man City and Arsenal consider themself elite. Money doesn’t make a club elite and it never will. At least the rest of the clubs have the European pedigree and history to back up their “elite” status. 

Where is the cut off though? Chelsea are just the 90’s Man City. A dismal history of trophies before the mid 90’s. You could even argue that Man Utd aren’t in that top echelon of clubs. The clubs that are involved in this are only elite in terms of cash and potential cash in future. While being totally against the idea I still find it quite funny the outrage of some clubs that survive by sucking the Sky Sports tit. 

David Black
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Whats the chances of the owners to just walk away and **** up the likes of Citeh and Oonited

Oh please God

16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Sounds like Bayern have fecked it up. :rofl:

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

"https://fcbayern.com/de/news/2021/04/erklaerung-fc-bayern-sagt-nein-zur-super-league - Der FC Bayern München bezieht zum Thema Super League geschlossen Stellung. Präsident Herbert Hainer sagt: „Unsere Mitglieder und Fans lehnen eine Super League ab. Es ist unser Wunsch als FC Bayern und unser Ziel, dass die europäischen Vereine diesen wunderbaren und emotionalen Wettbewerb Champions League leben und zusammen mit der UEFA entwickeln. Der FC Bayern sagt Nein zur Super League.“

Der Vorstandsvorsitzende Karl-Heinz Rummenigge bekräftigt: „Ich darf im Namen des Vorstandes ausdrücklich feststellen, dass der FC Bayern nicht an der Super League teilnimmt. Der FC Bayern steht solidarisch zur Bundesliga. Es war und ist für uns immer eine große Freude, als deutscher Vertreter in der Champions League spielen zu können. Wir alle erinnern uns immer noch gerne an unseren Champions-League-Sieg 2020 in Lissabon, so einen glücklichen Moment vergisst man nicht. Für den FC Bayern ist die Champions League der weltweit beste Klubwettbewerb.“

"https://fcbayern.com/en/news/2021/04/european-super-league-statements-by-hainer-and-rummenigge - FC Bayern München has a clear stance on the issue of the Super League. “Our members and fans reject a Super League,” said president Herbert Hainer. “As FC Bayern, it is our wish and our aim that European clubs live the wonderful and emotional competition that is the Champions League, and develop it together with UEFA. FC Bayern says no to the Super League.”

CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge reinforced that: “On behalf of the board, I would like to make it explicitly clear that FC Bayern will not be taking part in the Super League. FC Bayern stands in solidarity with the Bundesliga. It always was and is a great pleasure for us to be able to play and represent Germany in the Champions League. We all remember fondly our 2020 Champions League victory in Lisbon – you don’t forget such a joyful moment. For FC Bayern, the Champions League is the best club competition in the world.

An exercise for these club to reduce debt. Why dont they have to cut their cloth accordingly. I thought fair play rules was meant to make this happen.

Have sky had one person say anything positive or non negative even about it. They are in a serious we dont want this as we will lose out mode

Lincoln City chairman on now talking about the tradition of English football and how hes supported and enjoyed english football “since kid”

buzzbomb1958
8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

An exercise for these club to reduce debt. Why dont they have to cut their cloth accordingly. I thought fair play rules was meant to make this happen.

Sevco have been enabled to break the FP rules for years 

The Ultimate Worrier
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

To get the title Real all a club had to do was appoint the King as honorary president, send a letter to let him know, then receive permission to use the name and crown.

For Madrid the permission came first IIRC, they then appointed his son as Honorary President as thanks.

Exactly. It's a bit like firms or brands having "By Royal appointment" or whatever pish it is on their products. Doesn't really mean anything.

3 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Sevco have been enabled to break the FP rules for years 

Dundee United did it in style too. Mentioned elsewhere a turnover to wages ratio for all clubs would be an interesting read

Rogue Daddy
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Dundee United did it in style too. Mentioned elsewhere a turnover to wages ratio for all clubs would be an interesting read

It's a very good point. Dundee utd can't be anywhere near conforming with FFP rules... who oversees that? Is it an SPFL thing or UEFA?

I'm not even going to pretend I know the ins and outs but i think the stat was that their wages are 133% of their income? .. or there abouts.

The Shed Floodlight
2 hours ago, Alfie Conn said:

The latest on the (very silly) rumour mill down here is that if the 6 clubs get kicked out of the Premier League (no chance in my opinion) that 4 teams would be promoted from the Championship and Celtic and Rangers would be invited to join.

🙄

At least your chairman had the balls to sack a manager who had them playing boring negative football.

Dean Winchester
33 minutes ago, sadj said:

Have sky had one person say anything positive or non negative even about it. They are in a serious we dont want this as we will lose out mode

Yes they have actually. They had Americans on last night who where all for it on the basis it's very similar to the NFL model.

1 minute ago, Dean Winchester said:

Yes they have actually. They had Americans on last night who where all for it on the basis it's very similar to the NFL model.

Iv only been watching it/listening to it today. Its been very much full on defence mode

Dean Winchester
Just now, sadj said:

Iv only been watching it/listening to it today. Its been very much full on defence mode

Because the majority of people are against it?

1 minute ago, Dean Winchester said:

Because the majority of people are against it?

As a news reporter you need to objective though. Something they really are not being.

41 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Amazon distancing themselves from the ESL

Is that an omen that this could be Netflix’s much rumoured entry into live sport streaming? I’ve got to say Amazon was my gut feeling as you’d need serious wealth behind you to pay for the rights. Someone is hiding in the background as I can’t see the clubs taking a risk this big without tv coverage worked out. 

To me this is a pissing contest between the big clubs and UEFA. Some compromise will be found and yet again the rich will get richer.

Hackney Hearts

But in a letter to Uefa and Fifa, seen by the BBC, lawyers for the ESL say they have filed injunctions to prevent player and club bans, saying they consider such actions to be "unlawful".

So the ESL lawyers say it's unlawful to ban ESL players/clubs from taking part in FIFA/UEFA/domestic competitions... By the same token, would this not mean it's unlawful for the ESL to ban Newcastle or Lincoln or Hearts from taking part in the ESL?

It seems to me the ESL lawyers have got it wrong. As Hearts found out last summer, a footballing body can do what it likes because it's like a private members' club - if you don't like the rules, you have no choice but to try your luck elsewhere. Or am I missing something?

15 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

To me this is a pissing contest between the big clubs and UEFA. Some compromise will be found and yet again the rich will get richer.

Spot on. 

UEFA are just going to announce the very same thing and everyone and the wheel will keep on turning. Their own proposal suggest spots for elite clubs. 

They have introduced elite league's who have 4 places in the tournament already. They are now going to suggest elite clubs.

The should just call it ESL lite instead of the champions league as its not a league that is full of champions.

The irony of UEFA being against elite competition is not lost on me.

22 hours ago, WageThief said:

If we look at the last 100 years then it doesn't look that bad.  Especially if we are in cycles.  In about 20-30 years we'll go unbeaten in Glasgow for about a decade (i think).  

Then we'll sell our best midfielder to Spurs to help them win the prestigious JP Morgan Eurasian Premiership Superbowl Final.

😄

King Of The Cat Cafe

To be honest, I'm struggling to see what all the fuss is about a bunch of money-grubbing bar stewards finding a different way of being money-grubbing bar stewards.

1 minute ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

To be honest, I'm struggling to see what all the fuss is about a bunch of money-grubbing bar stewards finding a different way of being money-grubbing bar stewards.

Correct.

The time for people to get all uppity passed about two decades ago.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

I have a feeling they quietly dropped FFP a week or two ago. 

It will all pass and the disgrace that the new Champions League let's team with legacy rights in will just be ignored.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

It will all pass and the disgrace that the new Champions League let's team with legacy rights in will just be ignored.

No more than a power play.

I hate elite football, and hate isn't a word I use very often at all.

**** the Champions League

Unknown user
36 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Correct, apparently current levels of elitism and protectionism are the correct levels but any further is radge, pure greed and immoral beyond words.

I hope it happens so I can enjoy watching the EPL bubble deflate to it's normal level. 

dobmisterdobster
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Sky have been fairly neutral in their coverage outside of the individual pundits.

45 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Yup agree, everyone  moaning about " it's the people's game ect", no it isn', that boat sailed when they all took the Sky money........feckin hypocrites. As you have said they are all money grabbing barstewards.

4 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Sky have been fairly neutral in their coverage outside of the individual pundits.

Iv been listening to them all day they have one ranting about Boris and the UK government will win any fight due to the might n power they have. They can introduce 50+1 legislation etc so the clubs will never win. One on the other side reading out messages about how the clubs dont want an olive branch and its sensational and disgusting. The host just stoking fires. Not heard anything neutral or any attempt to look at the fundamentals and discuss how UEFA and associations brought this on themselves with the money grabbing and allowing clubs to become superclubs a long time ago

Nookie Bear
16 minutes ago, micole said:

Yup agree, everyone  moaning about " it's the people's game ect", no it isn', that boat sailed when they all took the Sky money........feckin hypocrites. As you have said they are all money grabbing barstewards.

It can be the People’s Game if you want it to be. 

Hearts are still a grass roots club and there is plenty of opportunity to support even more grassroots football rather than stroke ourselves silly over the Champions League. 

dobmisterdobster
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Iv been listening to them all day they have one ranting about Boris and the UK government will win any fight due to the might n power they have. They can introduce 50+1 legislation etc so the clubs will never win. One on the other side reading out messages about how the clubs dont want an olive branch and its sensational and disgusting. The host just stoking fires. Not heard anything neutral or any attempt to look at the fundamentals and discuss how UEFA and associations brought this on themselves with the money grabbing and allowing clubs to become superclubs a long time ago

Fair enough, I haven't been watching. I remember on day one they were just explaining what the ESL is and there was no real bias outside of Neville's speech.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It can be the People’s Game if you want it to be. 

Hearts are still a grass roots club and there is plenty of opportunity to support even more grassroots football rather than stroke ourselves silly over the Champions League. 

This. All of Scottish football is grassroots, even the OF while they're still part of it. We'll come out of this well. Football doesn't need lots of money. Each club just needs enough money to put out a team and play games in whatever league they're in.

2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Fair enough, I haven't been watching. I remember on day one they were just explaining what the ESL is and there was no real bias outside of Neville's speech.

Haha I didnt listen yesterday or Sunday night. So maybe today was just anti ESL day and its balanced over the two/three days 🙂

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, micole said:

Yes this has been a slow train coming since 1992, the day the English Premier League was formed backed by Sky. That was the start of "modern football".

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This. All of Scottish football is grassroots, even the OF while they're still part of it. We'll come out of this well. Football doesn't need lots of money. Each club just needs enough money to put out a team and play games in whatever league they're in.

And I’ve thought for years that this is how Scottish Football should be marketed. 

Instead of trying to be like England, sell ourselves as “proper football”.