Top European Soccer Teams Agree to Join Breakaway League

Paolo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly 👍🏽

Plenty have rejected the offer including a fairly modest club in comparison like Porto.

Pretty easy to see that many clubs are opposed to this despite the cash incentive. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• Tazio

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

One second they're saying fans and players of all clubs need to come together against it, then the next Carragher is getting humpty cos the Leeds players are wearing t-shirts against it, as if it is something against the Liverpool players.

Carragher has PTSD about t shirts. 

20210419_210207.jpg

Berra than you
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Luckily for them the law of the land usurps absolutely anything corrupt organisations like UEFA/FIFA think say or do, no matter what you think. 

Not convinced that it would even come under a restriction of trade though. It's not like they are banning them for no reason. Regardless, if this does come about I can see a lot of players trying to get out of their contracts, as the support for this seems isolated to 12 club owners.

If someone decided to finance a phoenix club called St Bernard's Football Club with the intent to challenge Heart of Midlothian and Edinburgh City. I wouldn't see it as a threat but the dream of an Edinburgh football fan. Anything else would be a failure.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Fun fact: Millwall and Hearts were both eliminated from the UEFA Cup by Ferencvaros in the same year.

Was that when Csaba was in charge?

jamboinglasgow
24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who gives a **** they’re all inbred arseholes who are literally given millions of pound for ****all. Their intervention is as bad as BJ taking his nose out the trough long enough to stick it into this. 

He is the president of the FA, so does have some legitimate reason to make a statement about something that will affect the organisation.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I hope FIFA and UEFA to totally nuclear on all those involved, that would be hilarious, the government powers and actually unbelievable to make it not be close to happening.

FIFA and UEFA the epitome of honesty.

Under the floodlight

Ok, I'll say this before anyone else does. This will never happen, I know everybody concerned in this matter and they all said the same thing.

Also I can't reveal my sources, so don't ask.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Under the floodlight said:

Ok, I'll say this before anyone else does. This will never happen, I know everybody concerned in this matter and they all said the same thing.

Also I can't reveal my sources, so don't ask.

What else did you talk about on your Zoom call with Bongo?

Auldbenches
46 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who gives a **** they’re all inbred arseholes who are literally given millions of pound for ****all. Their intervention is as bad as BJ taking his nose out the trough long enough to stick it into this. 

Is he not the president of the FA?  Or some role like that.   Tweet is obligational. 

Under the floodlight
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Believe it or not, it wasn't Bongo or even H.

42 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Was that when Csaba was in charge?

It sure was!

20 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:rofl: :rofl: 

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He is the president of the FA, so does have some legitimate reason to make a statement about something that will affect the organisation.

I’m sure he is in a good position to comment on elite folk who want more and more money right enough. **** him. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Armageddon said:

Hahahaha **** Liverpool

I think a lot of folk would’ve enjoyed that Leeds goal tonight. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Is he not the president of the FA?  Or some role like that.   Tweet is obligational. 

**** that baldy *****. You understand the hypocrisy of it though?

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I did and I can’t stand Leeds. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Chaotic mad sort of game they don't seem to want. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Chaotic mad sort of game they don't seem to want. 

Quite enjoyed it. Thanks for the link. 
Klopp was right though it’s not him, the players or the fans fault this is happening it’s the owners. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair and balanced criticism.  You would be a sensation on Fox News.

dobmisterdobster

Mesut Özil was spot on saying that big European games are a special occasion once or twice a year. Not every week.

1 minute ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Mesut Özil was spot on saying that big European games are a special occasion once or twice a year. Not every week.

He believed it so much he gave two performances a year. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Fair and balanced criticism.  You would be a sensation on Fox News.

Yeah Fox News have folk on that hate the rich and elite with no sense of irony. Every word of it is true. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

FIFA and UEFA the epitome of honesty.

Pissed off because they aren't getting their cut. 

Auldbenches
37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

**** that baldy *****. You understand the hypocrisy of it though?

I was agreeing with you about him getting his nose in there.  He is only doing it due to his 'official' role, not because he actually gives a.  

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I was agreeing with you about him getting his nose in there.  He is only doing it due to his 'official' role, not because he actually gives a.  

Fair point 👍🏽

Dungcaster going on about how disgraceful this is makes me want to throw up. Just when I thought I could not dislike him anymore as well. 

I wonder if history could repeat itself here.  Hibs got invited into to the European Cup because clubs like Partick and Clyde weren't interested.  Any number of bigger clubs like PSG might turn their backs on this proposal.

Hibs have very strong European pedigree, particularly in the intetoto cup and it's quite conceivable they'll be invited in. 

The Real Maroonblood
28 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

This.

1 minute ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Sky are claiming to have had no discussions or involvement with the European Super League.

While continuing to turn a blind eye to the fact that the monster that is the EPL was created by their massive cash to buy the rights. 

Stick yer ESL right up yer farters yah nuggets, Greedy soulless, spineless bottle merchants. 

People don't understand it, the ESL plan on playing there games throughout the world, why do you think Liverpool were at Murrayfield years ago, they are trying to **** over, every single club they can. 

Every single club is under threat by this Scottish and English wake up clowns. 

Lone Striker
12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

😉  Aye ... the UEFA guy was getting all huffy and hot under the collar in his media conference, angry that outrageous amounts of money was behind the Super League concept.    He's clearly had an irony bypass, like many of the highly paid head honchos at UEFA.

Now  this from Doncaster -

"We believe that any such 'competition' would dramatically undermine the global appeal of football and would be financially catastrophic for all but a very tiny minority."

(Hey Neil - you mean just like   Scottish football finances that hugely favour a very tiny minority ?) 

"The proposals we have seen, assembled by a small, self-selected group of very wealthy clubs, appear to be a cynical and very worrying attempt to thwart the core principle of sporting merit which rightly underpins European football. They represent a clear and present danger to the sport we all love."

(Hey Neil - ever heard the proverb  with the words  pot, kettle, black ?)

"More than ever, given what we have all been through over the past year, governments, together with the game's governing bodies and leagues, need to work together to do what is right and protect the very essence of the game."

:facepalm:

dobmisterdobster
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

While continuing to turn a blind eye to the fact that the monster that is the EPL was created by their massive cash to buy the rights. 

I agree that continuously appeasing the big clubs has led to this. It was Kerry Packer's protege Murdoch who changed domestic football as we know it.

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Diversion the way

A two minute interview that says just about the square root of *^*^ all.

dobmisterdobster
1 minute ago, Boab said:

A two minute interview that says just about the square root of *^*^ all.

It's just the usual Liverpool/Man Utd rivalry.

MNF on Sky Sports tonight has been entertaining whilst Neville has been firing off every few mins at the clubs involved.

Whether there’s hypocrisy or not - this ESL dilemma facing football is gonna be entertaining.

Saint Jambo
22 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

😉  Aye ... the UEFA guy was getting all huffy and hot under the collar in his media conference, angry that outrageous amounts of money was behind the Super League concept.    He's clearly had an irony bypass, like many of the highly paid head honchos at UEFA.

Now  this from Doncaster -

"We believe that any such 'competition' would dramatically undermine the global appeal of football and would be financially catastrophic for all but a very tiny minority."

(Hey Neil - you mean just like   Scottish football finances that hugely favour a very tiny minority ?) 

"The proposals we have seen, assembled by a small, self-selected group of very wealthy clubs, appear to be a cynical and very worrying attempt to thwart the core principle of sporting merit which rightly underpins European football. They represent a clear and present danger to the sport we all love."

(Hey Neil - ever heard the proverb  with the words  pot, kettle, black ?)

"More than ever, given what we have all been through over the past year, governments, together with the game's governing bodies and leagues, need to work together to do what is right and protect the very essence of the game."

:facepalm:

Good to see he has found his big biu pants. He wasn't quite so brave when it was Rangers or Celtic talking about the need to break away.

Earliest song i remember associated with Hearts is Seasons In The Sun Terry Jacks. The song was on near every radio i heard, i am sure it was played during a game i was at with my Late Father, i forget what game it might be but i am sure we lost it may of been V Rangers or St Johnstone .

3 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Rangers have more supporters clubs worldwide than anybody else. There are more ex pays who support them worldwide. They are already popular beyond Glasgow. Us canada. Hong Kong Australia and NewZealand etc

Yep. The uglies have huge worldwide support and that’s in the backwater of Scottish football. Untapped even. 
I’ve no doubt that they may be on the radar. The rogue clubs are to get around £300m each !!  The uglies with that cash in this proposed league would easily compete with that financial input as well as the global marketing.

It’s wether they’d get their arses booted out of Scotland’s league. Think we know the answer to that though. 

Klopp was yet again a total ***** tonight.

The next step I’d like to see would be for someone like Marcus Rashford handing in a transfer request and then for it to snowball from there.  Ole is a wee ***** and will sit on the fence.

These clubs think they can boss leagues about, but without their star players they’re nothing.  

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, sadj said:

I don’t think thats deluded at all. I think its a damming indictment of Scottish Football and I think its a good thing to have looked at based on our treatment as a club. Having a go at her about somethings is fair game but not that.

Come on. If she really thought Hearts treatment at the end of last season would trigger league reconstruction to save Hearts from a well deserved relegation in the view of most fans everywhere then she was seriously deluded.

jamboinglasgow

Florentino Perez has spoken about why the league must happen

Where do you start with all that? He wants us to feel sorry for the super rich Real Madrid needing more money because times are hard. The same Real Madrid currently doing a half Billion Euro redevelopment of their stadium. The same Real Marid who are looking to make a £100m plus bid for Haarland in the summer. 

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yep. The uglies have huge worldwide support and that’s in the backwater of Scottish football. Untapped even. 
I’ve no doubt that they may be on the radar. The rogue clubs are to get around £300m each !!  The uglies with that cash in this proposed league would easily compete with that financial input as well as the global marketing.

It’s wether they’d get their arses booted out of Scotland’s league. Think we know the answer to that though. 

The uglies do.not have huge worldwide support. In world wide terms they are absolute minnows.

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The uglies do.not have huge worldwide support. In world wide terms they are absolute minnows.

If they were involved I’d beg to differ . Huge untapped potential perhaps the phrase I should have used.

shaun.lawson

Marvellous article.

Food for thought for those on this very website who choose this world of greed, avarice, ruthlessness and not giving a **** about anyone other than themselves on a daily basis - then decry it when football does the same thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/19/power-grab-in-a-pandemic-european-super-league-absence-of-fans-tv-income

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

If they were involved I’d beg to differ . Huge untapped potential perhaps the phrase I should have used.

In China? In Japan? Anywhere in Asia? In Erope outside  Scotland and Ireland? Huge untapped potential? Really?