Celtic shame

jamboozy

McGlynn The Money
Just now, tcjambo said:

Embarassing post - "rascist parasite". Deary me!

He was a racist and that whole family are parasites.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McGlynn The Money

• Governor Tarkin

• Forever Hearts

• The Real Maroonblood

Just now, McGlynn The Money said:

Pathetic labels to stick on someone who served the country in WWII by choice.

john thomas
Just now, McGlynn The Money said:

Absolutely correct . Not an embarrassing thing to say at all . None of this will change in my lifetime [?] but , without getting too aerated , no harm in bringing people's attention to it

1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

Tbf, so did a lot of other people who then had to go and work. 

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Absolutely correct . Not an embarrassing thing to say at all . None of this will change in my lifetime [?] but , without getting too aerated , no harm in bringing people's attention to it

You enjoy wallowing in your moral superiority lol

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Does serving in WWII excuse anyone from being called out for any kind of inappropriate behaviour for the rest of their lives? Seems a little excessive tbqh...

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

The Duke and the Pope both have **** all to do with Scottish football. 

Neither should have had silences. 

Exactly.

McGlynn The Money
16 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Good for him but that doesn't mean he wasn't a racist.

McGlynn The Money
4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

:spoton:

McGlynn The Money
16 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Well said mate.

MR INCREDIBLE
21 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

The royal family are part of what being British is all about.

If your not happy there is plenty sxxxholes in the world in which you could grace with your presence.

GSTQ.🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Can't help feeling that some of the folk who are outraged about this are the same people who condoned or even took part in disrupting the minute's silence for the Pope. According to them it was a protest so why can't people protest in the same way about Prince Philip.

As a Catholic I wasn't in favour of the minute's silence for the Pope and felt it was a trap for our club. Sadly, some of the idiots in our support walked right into it.

I'm not a fan of the Royals or Prince Philip so not that keen on a minute's silence for him either but can't see why people can't just observe the silence and keep their thoughts to themselves.

I realised it was a trap and didn’t boo but as I’m not keen on religion in general, the Pope or the Queen I will keep my criticism of these dirty people to the fact that , like their bigoted pals, they’ve congregated illegally once again without police Scotland taking any action. 
We have a right to protest, as long as we’re socially distanced of course, and if folk want to then fair enough. 
I remember a Hearts fan being thrown out for shouting Vive la Republic during the minutes silence for the Queen mother, well out of order in a free society. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Indeed. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Spot on 

john thomas
24 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

You enjoy wallowing in your moral superiority lol

Total nonsense post . No evidence of any wallowing or , for that matter , moral superiority

Basically wtf are you talking about ?

willie wallace
2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

😂😂😂 Celtic denying everything as usual.

You've got to laugh at the Duke of Edinburgh is a racist patter. DOE fought the Nazis, Pope Benedict joined the Nazis.

You mean he was conscripted into the Hitler youth like every other 14 yr.old German.

McGlynn The Money
12 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

If your not happy there is plenty sxxxholes in the world in which you could grace with your presence.

GSTQ.🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Thanks for that considered, measured, intelligent and we'll written post.

Prince Philip was a racist though and as for Prince Andrew...

27 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Good for him but that doesn't mean he wasn't a racist.

I wonder if he was any more or less racist than anyone else born in 1921.

The ‘granny saying racist things’ is a bit of a trope, isn’t it?

Doesn’t excuse it, obviously, but I don’t think he was the only racist nonagenarian.

(If there was a minute’s silence - or more likely these days, applause - for someone who I thought didn’t deserve it I would remain silent but seated)

Edited by FWJ

21 hours ago, Morgan said:

Absolute scumbags.

And no, I’m not surprised!

Quite simply a club , fans and institution that is disease ridden to the core and they wonder why we hate them

f### of to Ireland and play football 

McGlynn The Money
2 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I wonder if he was any more or less racist than anyone else born in 1921.

The ‘granny saying racist things’ is a bit of a trope, isn’t it?

Doesn’t excuse it, obviously, but I don’t think he was the only racist nonagenarian.

I'm basing his racism more on what he said and did than his age. 

He definitely won't be the only racist of that she but he's the only one getting 8 days of mourning, relentless media coverage and a tsunami of utterly nauseating bullshit.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Thanks for that considered, measured, intelligent and we'll written post.

Prince Philip was a racist though and as for Prince Andrew...

He started sending letters to Liz the last when he was 19 and she was 13. Even back then that was wrong, the apple the tree etc. 

McGlynn The Money
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

He started sending letters to Liz the last when he was 19 and she was 13. Even back then that was wrong, the apple the tree etc. 

Exactly! 🤣

Of all the weird, inbred, good for nothing parasitic families in the world they're right up there with the best of them.

56 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

A lot of people share your view.

I guess most of them have never met any of them.

And yet these are the same people who ridicule those who mourn his passing even though they’ve never met him.

McGlynn The Money
2 minutes ago, FWJ said:

And yet these are the same people who ridicule those who mourn his passing even though they’ve never met him.

It's just based on how he acted and spoke in public. You don't need to know him personally to know that he was a racist.

Agree though that the outpouring of grief from people who never knew him is just bizarre. The wall to wall, incessant, excruciating media coverage probably to blame for a lot of that though.

I'm sure he's looking up at them and having a right good laugh, he loved a laugh did our Duke.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I never met Hitler, you don’t need to do you? 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

It's just based on how he acted and spoke in public. You don't need to know him personally to know that he was a racist.

Agree though that the outpouring of grief from people who never knew him is just bizarre. The wall to wall, incessant, excruciating media coverage probably to blame for a lot of that though.

I'm sure he's looking up at them and having a right good laugh, he loved a laugh did our Duke.

Certainly up at them 😆

16 hours ago, fila said:

To show that sectarianism has no place in modern society, including at football , whether inside the ground or by association 

Letting off fireworks outside a football ground is not sectarian but it was very disrespectful under the circumstances.

Both old firm clubs have made ££££ out of sectarian issues with their fans so I doubt very much Celtic comment.

The Real Maroonblood
50 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

GSTQ.🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

:rofl:

33 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

You mean he was conscripted into the Hitler youth like every other 14 yr.old German.

Thousands of young Germans resisted the conscription and many suffered the consequences. Thousands of young Jews were not allowed to join. The Hitler youth were instrumental in racist attacks on Jewish owned properties and Jewish households and informed on their "non Aryan" peers. Benedict and his family had a choice and they chose not to resist. If you think "only following orders" is a reasonable excuse for the Holocaust then that's your choice. I think its indefensible.

1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

What's Pope Benedict got to do with it?

Anyway, the Duke of Edinburgh was a racist.

I don't know, why was there a minutes silence for a dead Pope at a Scottish cup semi final? Why do Celtic fans sing songs about the Pope.

Yes, the DOE said some stuff that should be construed as racist, but most people have a racist elderly relative in the UK.  I find the over the top coverage of his death nauseating and the only reason I can see for keeping the royal family is money to the treasury. On the other hand I'm not going to dance on his grave and abuse a "dead old man" on line, as Celtic fans do. If that's the classless line you want to perpetuate then go ahead, its a reflection on you and nobody else.

georgeparkdb
43 minutes ago, FWJ said:

In this topic - I seem to be the only person that takes off my ‘hat’ (beanie!) during it.  Changed days.

My dad does this as well.

but he’s 93 now, so a different generation.

He is planning to renew his season ticket for next season, as had to get him WiFi and definitely a struggle each weekend using an iPad to watch the home games. 😍

Ballitojambo
38 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Exactly! 🤣

Of all the weird, inbred, good for nothing parasitic families in the world they're right up there with the best of them.

They are are they ? Care to list a few others as this is obviously your area of expertise, Im beginning to think you were turned down for that footman job you applied for.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

^^^^^ This is the correct answer.

McGlynn The Money
5 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I don't know, why was there a minutes silence for a dead Pope at a Scottish cup semi final? Why do Celtic fans sing songs about the Pope.

Yes, the DOE said some stuff that should be construed as racist, but most people have a racist elderly relative in the UK.  I find the over the top coverage of his death nauseating and the only reason I can see for keeping the royal family is money to the treasury. On the other hand I'm not going to dance on his grave and abuse a "dead old man" on line, as Celtic fans do. If that's the classless line you want to perpetuate then go ahead, its a reflection on you and nobody else.

Very good question. As I've already said on this thread I thought the minute's silence for the Pope was a terrible idea. It was for Pope John Paul the Second though, not Pope Benedict. He's still very much alive as far as I know.

I'm not dancing on his grave and while I don't agree with a minute's silence for him I would have observed it if there was one for him at a game I was at. 

None of the above takes away from the fact the he was a racist and the concept of the monarchy in this day and age is a joke.

2 minutes ago, Ballitojambo said:

They are are they ? Care to list a few others as this is obviously your area of expertise, Im beginning to think you were turned down for that footman job you applied for.

Obviously touched a nerve. Good job I've bitten my tongue about Prince Andrew...

15 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That poster likes to lash out. Don't take it personally.

Poorly educated and badly parented imo. 

The poster in question, especially over the past two evenings, has made it extremely difficult to even understand if he is actually ‘lashing out’ or just collecting a small selection of short words, mixing them up and then posting them.

I’ve seem more coherent sentences being formed on my lunchtime plate of Alphabet spaghetti.  🙄

McGlynn The Money

There were clearly audible fireworks during the minute's silence for the Duke of Edinburgh at West Ham v Leicester this afternoon. Are we all outraged by that or is it only when it's a certain club disrespecting the Royal Family that some folk get their knickers in a twist?

Maybe it was the London branch of the Celtic Supporters Club.

SectionDJambo
30 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Thousands of young Germans resisted the conscription and many suffered the consequences. Thousands of young Jews were not allowed to join. The Hitler youth were instrumental in racist attacks on Jewish owned properties and Jewish households and informed on their "non Aryan" peers. Benedict and his family had a choice and they chose not to resist. If you think "only following orders" is a reasonable excuse for the Holocaust then that's your choice. I think its indefensible.

Whilst I agree that the “only following orders” routine has been trotted out by many an old soldier over the years, British included, to think that people had much of a choice of whether to do as they were told in an environment like Nazi Germany is, in my opinion, not realistic. Not many people would have had sufficient desire to put their entire families at risk, rather than toe the party line. We can have no real idea what it is like to live in a society where people are watching and listening to you just going about your daily business, ready to lock you up or worse. To see your family suffer because of your actions, brave though they may have been, would be something that would be with you all your life.

Modern day freedoms are sometimes taken for granted by those who enjoy them. Even today, millions of people are living under regimes who completely control their people.

ToadKiller Dog

The old curmudgeon liked shooting things so you could argue the sound of gunpowder going off is a bit of a tribute .

171896990_giphy(7).gif.847f149ad65a20eec5d718af3146c8dd.gif

I'm a firm believer in keeping Football separate from politics, religion, royalty etc etc. 

Minutes silence for former players, managers or someone closely connected with a club but draw the line there and you never have anything controversial to be disrupted. 

Ballitojambo
22 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Very good question. As I've already said on this thread I thought the minute's silence for the Pope was a terrible idea. It was for Pope John Paul the Second though, not Pope Benedict. He's still very much alive as far as I know.

I'm not dancing on his grave and while I don't agree with a minute's silence for him I would have observed it if there was one for him at a game I was at. 

None of the above takes away from the fact the he was a racist and the concept of the monarchy in this day and age is a joke.

Obviously touched a nerve. Good job I've bitten my tongue about Prince Andrew...

come on name the names, or would that require some original thought

19 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

There were clearly audible fireworks during the minute's silence for the Duke of Edinburgh at West Ham v Leicester this afternoon. Are we all outraged by that or is it only when it's a certain club disrespecting the Royal Family that some folk get their knickers in a twist?

I'm not sure this post is serious?

I doubt it was anything to do with a football fan. Liz is also an Iron and there's a reasonable footprint from the royal family in East London.

33 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Was there a video of the people doing it and explaining why they done it? 

1 hour ago, georgeparkdb said:

My dad does this as well.

but he’s 93 now, so a different generation.

He is planning to renew his season ticket for next season, as had to get him WiFi and definitely a struggle each weekend using an iPad to watch the home games. 😍

Yup, it was my dad (long gone now) that taught me to do it.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

The Queens on Green Street pre a Hammers game once is the only time I have heard a pre-match song in England end with “FTP and the IRA” although I’m not sure they really understand all of that sort of thing properly in London

willie wallace
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

You are going to have explain this to me.i only stated a fact to counter you're statement that he "joined" the Nazis.

The last part of your reply is a personal attack on me for no reason whatsoever.

Ironically I agree with your indefensible comment and I abhor w what the Germans done during that time.