Celtic shame

jamboozy

Whitecapjambo
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I was at Hampden for the game when the minute silence for the pope. Im Not religious and have no feelings towards him but did stay silent. I almost felt we were set up that day to fail as there was bound to be people who would boo or whistle. 

If I remember right was it not nearly 2 weeks after he had passed and all teams had already done a minutes silence?

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McGlynn The Money

• Governor Tarkin

• Forever Hearts

• The Real Maroonblood

Doctor FinnBarr
11 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Why are you following me around on other people's comments 

Well I asked as well, I'm not following you around but what the hell you actually talking about?

"Your area busted"

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

Spitonastranger
1 minute ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Well I asked as well, I'm not following you around but what the hell you actually talking about?

I have no idea who are what you are simple like you

11 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Why are you following me around on other people's comments 

Pardon me, but what do you mean by the comment earlier?

4 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

"Your area busted"

I’m like :wtf: 

Doctor FinnBarr
3 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Could you actually explain that in English, I no speak Spanglish.

Spitonastranger
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Pardon me, but what do you mean by the comment earlier?

Still following me around go and chill and leave me alone. Thanks  also idont need to explain myself to you. 

4 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Eh?

Spitonastranger
Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Could you actually explain that in English, I no speak Spanglish.

I dont think you speak anything 

1 minute ago, Spitonastranger said:

I dont think you speak anything 

He speaks sense, if that’s any help?

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Still following me around go and chill and leave me alone. Thanks  also idont need to explain myself to you. 

Could you explain your reply to me when you called me a "simple"?

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Could you explain your reply to me when you called me a "simple"?

Morgan, we've got a fickin zoomer here

McGlynn The Money
6 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Fans outside Celtic pk letting off fireworks during the minutes silence for Duke of Edinburgh. 

We keep hearing over and over and over and over again how outspoken he was and how much he loved a laugh. I'm sure he's no problem with the fireworks and is down there having a good chuckle right now as we speak.

Far worse was the nauseating tweet from Hearts.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Well that’s me told. 

Surprised you've got the brass neck to show your face around these parts ever again after that.

1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Whit?

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

What?  🤷🏿‍♂️

That poster likes to lash out. Don't take it personally.

Poorly educated and badly parented imo. 

6 hours ago, Marvin said:

Is anyone surprised at this?  Celtic fans have been so disrespectful to every team who has held a minutes silence. Yet we hear this bullshit about the greatest fans in the world. Feck off, they're all scum.

👍🇱🇻👀😊

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Surprised you've got the brass neck to show your face around these parts ever again after that.

I typed it wearing my Pope John Paul II tour Tshirt from 1982. 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I typed it wearing my Pope John Paul II tour Tshirt from 1982. 

Was on S forms at Hearts as a young man iirc.

Under the floodlight
7 hours ago, Eno said:

Sky sports saying they await Celtic's comment.........be waiting a while then!

D,D,D woo Cornish wafers !

Governor Tarkin
47 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Ironically no good with crosses. 

Correct.

As the story goes, when John Hagart informed him that if he was to have any future he'd need to practice putting his head on the mitre, our young Polish future pontiff, confused by the translation, took him at his word.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

2 hours ago, Whitecapjambo said:

If I remember right was it not nearly 2 weeks after he had passed and all teams had already done a minutes silence?

Yeah I think so. Definitely didn’t sit right at the time.  Didn’t help us on the pitch as seem to fire them Up as they scored an early goal

13 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I await the same media outrage that followed the disruption caused by a few Hearts fans at Hampden during a minute silence for a non football related figure 

Absolutely this

15 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Fans outside Celtic pk letting off fireworks during the minutes silence for Duke of Edinburgh. 

Scum...

8 hours ago, Whitecapjambo said:

The problem was that nobody had had a silence, if I remember right.

He died on April 2nd, as Hearts were beating Celtic at Parkhead funnily enough, and the “silence” as requested by Celtic, was on April 10th. Anyone with savvy at the SFA would have kyboshed the suggestion immediately. 

Very subjective but I’d say even at clubs you profess to hate, 75% of football fans are genuine, decent human beings who will observe ONE MINUTE of respect for anyone. 20% are 90 minute arseholes and the remaining 5% are off the scale bampots. Unfortunate timing resulted in the only exception I can recall, when a huge % of Hibs fans turned their back on the Wallace Mercer tribute. 

The Hampden debacle hasn’t taught anyone any lessons and it’s about time that football only observes tributes of applause to persons with a history in the game. 

I understand the DoE’s place in British society but there will be a silence next Saturday that EVERYONE will be asked to observe. Is there any reason a divisive endeavour like football has to get ahead of the game? 

Even the Remembrance Day tributes have become way OTT in the poppy point scoring stakes. Get back to Hearts attending Haymarket and remembering our fallen with dignity along with the thousands of others remembering their own. 

7 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

No mention of fireworks on Sportscene and even took the sound out when showing the silence

Why am I not surprised at this shameful piece of editing ? Disgusting how the Old squirm own the MSM in Scotland.

Interrupting a minute's silence, whether it's for the Duke of Edinburgh or the Pope is completely moronic. Whatever you think of the person who has died, keeping your mouth shut for 60 seconds is just common decency, if nothing else out of respect for the person's family.

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, stirlo said:

Interrupting a minute's silence, whether it's for the Duke of Edinburgh or the Pope is completely moronic. Whatever you think of the person who has died, keeping your mouth shut for 60 seconds is just common decency, if nothing else out of respect for the person's family.

Very much this

4 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Well said, I mentioned earlier , in the council estate where I spent my formative years we were brought up to show respect no matter of background, religion or race.

Gilberts Fridge
34 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Its not difficult is it, whether you agree or not just have some respect for others.

17 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Just seen the Sky News coverage of the disrespectful actions, im glad it's been highlighted in that manner. 

Also just seen the actual footage of the setting off of the fireworks, masked urchins in a graveyard doing the dirty deed. 

That club is an absolute cess pit. 

Classless *******s however I'm sure they don't represent the majority of the clubs support. 

1 hour ago, stirlo said:

Surely no one can disagree with your opinion here ? 

If you don't want to pay your respects, fair enough go about your businesses, nobody is forcing you do it.

Going out of your way to disrupt a minute's silence is pure scumbag behaviour. 

21 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Some are in denial , some are praising it , all of them are dicks though 

6510C702-EF7E-481C-AAFE-D319F48F1773.jpeg

A2AFC477-4F75-4B3B-8B76-764293459AA2.jpeg

67242BBF-E11E-45CA-95A5-A347AE1EE992.jpeg

2. How do you know it was more than 1 person?

Em, maybe due to there being 5 folk in the picture.🤦🏼

😂😂😂 Celtic denying everything as usual.

You've got to laugh at the Duke of Edinburgh is a racist patter. DOE fought the Nazis, Pope Benedict joined the Nazis.

Seymour M Hersh
12 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

Spoilt brat type post imo. :rofl:

john thomas
17 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

You've got to laugh at the Duke of Edinburgh is a racist patter. DOE fought the Nazis, Pope Benedict joined the Nazis.

He was a racist , privileged old shagger . Often made me laugh though

4 hours ago, stirlo said:

100% correct.   

McGlynn The Money
2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

What's Pope Benedict got to do with it?

Anyway, the Duke of Edinburgh was a racist.

McGlynn The Money

Can't help feeling that some of the folk who are outraged about this are the same people who condoned or even took part in disrupting the minute's silence for the Pope. According to them it was a protest so why can't people protest in the same way about Prince Philip.

As a Catholic I wasn't in favour of the minute's silence for the Pope and felt it was a trap for our club. Sadly, some of the idiots in our support walked right into it.

I'm not a fan of the Royals or Prince Philip so not that keen on a minute's silence for him either but can't see why people can't just observe the silence and keep their thoughts to themselves.

5 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

The problem was that nobody had had a silence, if I remember right.

He died on April 2nd, as Hearts were beating Celtic at Parkhead funnily enough, and the “silence” as requested by Celtic, was on April 10th. Anyone with savvy at the SFA would have kyboshed the suggestion immediately. 

Very subjective but I’d say even at clubs you profess to hate, 75% of football fans are genuine, decent human beings who will observe ONE MINUTE of respect for anyone. 20% are 90 minute arseholes and the remaining 5% are off the scale bampots. Unfortunate timing resulted in the only exception I can recall, when a huge % of Hibs fans turned their back on the Wallace Mercer tribute. 

The Hampden debacle hasn’t taught anyone any lessons and it’s about time that football only observes tributes of applause to persons with a history in the game. 

I understand the DoE’s place in British society but there will be a silence next Saturday that EVERYONE will be asked to observe. Is there any reason a divisive endeavour like football has to get ahead of the game? 

Even the Remembrance Day tributes have become way OTT in the poppy point scoring stakes. Get back to Hearts attending Haymarket and remembering our fallen with dignity along with the thousands of others remembering their own. 

Very well said 👍

20 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Meh. Elderly racist parasite in 'not being everyone's cup of tea shock'

I'd be more worried about letting off fireworks in daylight, seems a waste.

(Yes, I know the point was to make a racket...)

Anyway, shed probably?

Embarassing post - "racist parasite". Deary me!

Edited by tcjambo