New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

RN's statement seems fine to me.

we're not going to bring in 12-14 players, hoping a few will be good.

Shay Logan wasn't a "pele" signing - but has done OK.

he's after a CB and some creativity in midfield - fine with that.

I'm not a particular fan of RN by the way - just trying to be objective in what he's said. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

William H. Bonney

If neilson is looking at signing players there is absolutely no way he is leaving. We’re stuck with this prick for another season. 

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

I'm not a particular fan of RN by the way - just trying to be objective in what he's said. 

“Hoping a few will be good”When do you ever hear any other manager say that?

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

also what does that say to those potential signings

Berra than you
6 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I agree that in principal that's true. It's impossible to have a 100% success rate in transfers, no club ever does. I would argue that Robbie needs to read the room a bit and not say things like that though. Using words like "hoping" for example suggests that they haven't put in the effort in recruitment and that it's a punt. You have to wonder at times if hearts even have anyone in charge of PR.

Edited by Berra than you

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

Yes.  A stupid thing to say.  He is an idiot.  

Is he just trying to piss off the fans?

Claiming we're just annoyed over a couple results

Telling us to go support Man Utd or Man City

Trying to say people were stopping donations because of furlough etc

Constantly blaming the pitch or officials

Does my head in.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

My thoughts exactly mate, did he actually say “pele types” ffs

No, he was making the point that not all signings will be successes.

davemclaren
8 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Perhaps you might realise that most fear a Neilson 21/22 being a repeat of Levein 19/20 as the preceding seasons were an indicator of the likely performance the following season. That's why most want a change.

I think that’s the crux. Neilson is burdened not only by his own bad results but by those of his predecessors.

Nookie Bear
Just now, davemclaren said:

I think that’s the crux. Neilson is burdened not only by his own bad results but by those of his predecessors.

We can also see that his ponderous, conservative, style of play will only get us so far and will be exposed by better teams. 

'Looking for a CB and creative midfielder' 

How many windows in a row have we heard that?

It's so tedious, it will get rolled out next window too after next seasons CB and creative midfielder turn out to be crap. 

jamtartan74

Doesn’t matter what he says anymore as  it will get ripped to shreds on here, he’s making a point that not every signing works out, hopefully the majority of them do this time round. It’s pathetic how people feel the need to constantly twist everything that’s coming out of the club right now. 

Interesting close season coming up, wonder who'll be first in the door?

Hopefully we'll be able to compete with the likes of Aberdeen etc when it comes to recruitment.

Let's hope we get our business done early and aren't scrambling about for no name journeymen at the end of the window.

Edited by feej

ford donald
15 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Normally a manager saying that,would be going out the door,what kind of football chairman would tolerate those statements? Making excuses for future crap signings,it beggars belief!

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

He didn’t say that though, he said ‘there will also be ones who don't quite do it for you.’

I think his interview was fine apart from that statement which is unnecessary and a hostage to fortune. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We can also see that his ponderous, conservative, style of play will only get us so far and will be exposed by better teams. 

We certainly need to be a lot more lively and dynamic than we have been a lot of times this season, that’s for sure. 

16 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

15 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

also what does that say to those potential signings

13 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I agree that in principal that's true. It's impossible to have a 100% success rate in transfers, no club ever does. I would argue that Robbie needs to read the room a bit and not say things like that though. Using words like "hoping" for example suggests that they haven't put in the effort in recruitment and that it's a punt. You have to wonder at times if hearts even have anyone in charge of PR.

woh - hang on lads. it was ME who said 'hoping' - not Robbie :)

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No, he was making the point that not all signings will be successes.

thank you smithee.  quick google at alex ferguson's worst signings -Kleberson, Taibi, Djemba-Djemba, we mostly know them all. Not all signings come off in "no-shock" shocker.

15 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

I was commenting more from her position / viewpoint. 

she'll be seeing it from the less emotive point of view - promotion achieved. possibly more income coming in when in the top flight? (don't know) - better status for sure. 

add in 2-3 quality signings (not 7 or 8 ) and we could see top 4 next season.

all if and buts I know - but it always is.

Sorry but that team needs more than 2 or 3 signings.

It’s going to have to be another MAJOR rebuild. At least half a dozen required IMO

Unknown user
Just now, Jim Panzee said:

thank you smithee.  quick google at alex ferguson's worst signings -Kleberson, Taibi, Djemba-Djemba, we mostly know them all. Not all signings come off in "no-shock" shocker.

Bebe the homeless footballer for 7 million springs to mind

davemclaren
Just now, Jamhammer said:

It’s going to have to be another MAJOR rebuild. At least half a dozen required IMO

I think 6 is about right for next season. About that number will be leaving anyway. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

I'm not so sure, a back 3 has worked for us, Halkett looks better in that formation alongside Souttar so one main CB to bring in for me.

Full backs are ok between Smith Logan and Kingsley, Central midfield with McEneff and Haring has a strong foundation but a creative type would balance it out perfectly. GMS is a quality player who will surely come good, Ginelly can play well and I like our strike force, I think they'll start banging them in once we click.

I think we're not far away, there's some decent quality in there especially through the spine of the team where we've really missed Haring and Souttar.

Rogue Daddy
30 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

If neilson is looking at signing players there is absolutely no way he is leaving. We’re stuck with this prick for another season. 

I'm just wondering if AB is looking to handover to FoH in the closed season.... and toughing it out (with regards to RN) hoping that any decision will be taken out of her hands? 🤷‍♂️

With a greatly reduced turnover I guess our budget will be significantly smaller than we realistically need (even assuming money were to be spent wisely).

This suggests to me we will not be going for expensive, past their best, "big names". Rather we will concentrate on players who have shown potential at a lower level. On the plus side these players will be cheaper and will also have something to prove. So as a minimum we should at least expect far more effort and application. 

On the negative side players stepping up dont always succeed - for a number of reasons. 

So technically Neilson is correct. For every Colin Cameron there are a dozen Colin Crambs.

Was he wise to point this out? Absolutely not. Smacks of his excuse ridden apology of management style.

We desperately need a genuine footballing figurehead above him in the reporting structure. Someone to understand the fans and set clearly and definitively what is expected of the manager.

And its results not bullsh!t!!!

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm not so sure, a back 3 has worked for us, Halkett looks better in that formation alongside Souttar so one main CB to bring in for me.

Full backs are ok between Smith Logan and Kingsley, Central midfield with McEneff and Haring has a strong foundation but a creative type would balance it out perfectly. GMS is a quality player who will surely come good, Ginelly can play well and I like our strike force, I think they'll start banging them in once we click.

I think we're not far away, there's some decent quality in there especially through the spine of the team where we've really missed Haring and Souttar.

Yeah, I think we have a decent decent squad also - certainly good foundations. It's consistency that seems to be lacking... looking back at the Morton game, it was terrible but (away from home) are they being told to be more conservative!? Over the last 3 games we've pretty much played the same formation with the same players... why was the Morton game soooo bad? That's whats worrying me for next season if RN stays.

siegementality

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think 6 is about right for next season. About that number will be leaving anyway. 

Well given that the slaver that is Neilson has already stated that some players that are brought in “don’t do it for you” then we would need to sign more than six. After all, they won’t all be Pele’s, and certainly won’t be by the time Neilson has had any coaching input over them.

12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

No it doesn't make sense. Only the Neilson out lot never give Neilson any credit, so them talking about how weak Celtic were to play down that performance or make Neilson look bad for not winning on the day is par for the course for them. That was the point. For me it was simply a cracking game of football when we took a much bigger and better team to the wire in a cup final.

The Neilson out lot are hardly going to take a balanced view and admit Hearts were weak in that game too are they - doesn't fit with their main hobby of talking down Robbie Neilson (and Hearts by the way).

Your thoughts above would have sway if the game started in the 46th minute. Maybe some of the fans you talk about watched the game from the first minute. Minute 1 - 45 we did not turn up. You cannot give up 45mins in a cup final. 46mins onwards great, 1-45 very poor and disappointing.

siegementality
20 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Doesn’t matter what he says anymore as  it will get ripped to shreds on here, he’s making a point that not every signing works out, hopefully the majority of them do this time round. It’s pathetic how people feel the need to constantly twist everything that’s coming out of the club right now. 

What’s been twisted? You’ve admitted that some of his signings (the majority in my opinion) haven’t worked out. What is pathetic is that Neilson can publicly say that he’ll sign players that won’t work out and shouldn’t be held accountable for that statement, or said signings. 

Neilson could do himself a huge favour and just shut the feck up. Every time he opens his mouth he comes out with idiotic statements.

Berra than you
18 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Sorry - I had read his comments but earlier this morning. In fairness, it does sound like something he'd say 😂

Clerry Jambo
26 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

It’s ok the new manager will sort this out 🥱

There will be no new manager unless season ticket numbers totally fall away or Foh listen to its members. 

Nookie Bear

This is identical to an interview with the same “paper” as on 19th Apr. 

Let’s be honest, this is the club making it clear that Robbie is staying  

Nookie Bear
Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

There will be no new manager unless season ticket numbers totally fall away or Foh listen to its members. 

FoH have said there are exciting plans being announced over the summer but that’s for them to know and for us simple subscribers to find out. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Your thoughts above would have sway if the game started in the 46th minute. Maybe some of the fans you talk about watched the game from the first minute. Minute 1 - 45 we did not turn up. You cannot give up 45mins in a cup final. 46mins onwards great, 1-45 very poor and disappointing.

Try telling Liverpool and Milan fans that one. If we'd won on penalties it would have been an outstanding performance....thin margins!

siegementality
4 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Try telling Liverpool and Milan fans that one. If we'd won on penalties it would have been an outstanding performance....thin margins!

We didn’t though so his point stands.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 minute ago, siegementality said:

We didn’t though so his point stands.

Some folks prefer the miserable view of the half glass

Rogue Daddy
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

FoH have said there are exciting plans being announced over the summer but that’s for them to know and for us simple subscribers to find out. 

As i said above... maybe FoH are taking over from AB in the summer, and she just doesn't want to make a decision on RN?... would rather leave it to the nasty fans and their organisation?

19 minutes ago, Gambo said:

How many teams have poor half's of football. Most of them at some point, particularly when playing better teams. It's not as simple to say if we turned up earlier we would have won. 

Some would say coming back at 2-0 down against a better team is a good result.

Edited by jambopilms

Greedy Jambo

Might as well get the excuses out the way

THEY NEED TIME TO GEL! 

HE NEEDS A FULL PRE SEASON! 

siegementality
1 minute ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Some folks prefer the miserable view of the half glass

We didn’t win the cup. What glass half full outlook can be taken from that?

siegementality
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

How many teams have poor half's of football. Most of them at some point, particularly when playing better teams. It's not as simple to say if we turned up earlier we would have won. 

It worked for Alloa and Brora Rangers though.

1 minute ago, siegementality said:

We beat Hibs in the semi and we only got beat on penalties. Kind of suggests Neilson and the squad might have it in themselves to perform at a better standard than we have seen.

That's glass half full. It is possible.

siegementality
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

We beat Hibs in the semi and we only got beat on penalties. Kind of suggests Neilson and the squad might have it in themselves to perform at a better standard than we have seen.

That's glass half full. It is possible.

If you want to clutch at straws anything can sound in some way positive. The objective was to win the cup, not nearly win it. 

I’d be interested in your glass half full outlook on the Alloa and Brora Rangers cup ties. I’ll wait.

siegementality
4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

What did ?

Turning up early, and for the whole game.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
10 minutes ago, siegementality said:

eh...it was an outstanding second half & ET. What an effort. What did the manager say at half time to rouse that response against a team like Celtic with overwhelmingly better resources than us? ...etc..

davemclaren
26 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Where did they say that, must have missed it?

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

We're getting a bit OTT like, he's literally just saying that they won't all be successes, that's how it works.

We need six new good players for next season, so that means we will have to sign a lot more to make sure we get it right.   If even two aren't succeses, we won't have a strong enough team or squad to go for it next season.  

What a start. 

Ron Burgundy
7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

RN has turned out to be a bit of a patronising prick imo.

Yip. I thought he was just a very poor football manager but turns out he likes to wind up the folk that pay his wages. Thick as shit.

1 hour ago, pointon said:

Our transfer policy will be replace shite with more expensive shite

Who do you think we should be going for?

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Where did they say that, must have missed it?

It was in a reply to an email that was sent by someone on here. 

• davemclaren locked this topic