New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Exactly why it was a tough gig, your reply very neatly says it all .

You mentioned the down points without paying the slightest attention to the significant ups, and there's been some.

Hiding to nothing. I wouldn't be the Hearts manager for all the tea in China 

It’s just about the easiest job in football.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gorgieheart

Has he arrived then  ?    Naw, thought not  !

TyphoonJambo
Just now, gorgieheart said:

Has he arrived then  ?    Naw, thought not  !

Hotel quarantine?

gorgieheart
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Hotel quarantine?

Or maybe just not happening  ?  

To be honest whoever takes over 50% on here will have made up there mind and have a negative opinion, JKB can be a cesspit for negativity and trolling

Just now, jbee647 said:

To be honest whoever takes over 50% on here will have made up there mind and have a negative opinion, JKB can be a cesspit for negativity and trolling

Only 50% 😏

15 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

😂 you might be onto something here Scott Brown , Griffiths , Rat Boy add them to the list .

🤣

12 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

Im sure someone in here christened Collins, "sponge bob square head",,absolute classic😆🇱🇻

Aye a was chanting at the tv sponge bob square heid and my mate was just looking at me like i was a lunatic. 

Mars plastic
26 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Exactly why it was a tough gig, your reply very neatly says it all .

You mentioned the down points without paying the slightest attention to the significant ups, and there's been some.

Hiding to nothing. I wouldn't be the Hearts manager for all the tea in China 

Oh right. Care to fill me in on what these highlights were as beating relegated Alloa 6 zip don’t qualify as one for me I’m afraid?  

13 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I feel for Neilson but it just hasn't been good enough. If we preserve with him there is a real chance we'll let him rebuild the squad only to fire him in OCT and have to write the year off as the new man will want his own players.

Although, despite all the talk of rebuilding the squad, I wouldn't be surprised if our 'first 11' next year looks like;

Gordon

Smith Halkett Souttar Kingsley

New Singing Haring McEneff GMS

Boyce

Gnando

It had better not because this team is rank.

iwasthere1954
34 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Not sure if that's true .

He has gone to the lengths of promising to give up his membership of jkb if it turns out he is wrong !

Body on the line stuff

Look out for a new user name in the next few weeks.😁

The guy has posted what he has been told, if you don't believe him, fair enough, this place is full of smart arses waiting to get a dig at other posters

I feel for Neilson but it just hasn't been good enough. If we preserve with him there is a real chance we'll let him rebuild the squad only to fire him in OCT and have to write the year off as the new man will want his own players.

Although, despite all the talk of rebuilding the squad, I wouldn't be surprised if our 'first 11' next year looks like;

Gordon

Boyce

Gnando

We would be looking at a fight to stay up if that’s the team that starts next season. That’s unless the new signing is messi. 

Nookie Bear

Gordon

Boyce Gnando

Fixed the front 2 for you 🙂

19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It had better not because this team is rank.

This. Bottom 6 material. The squad needs a complete overhaul. 

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, lou said:

The guy has posted what he has been told, if you don't believe him, fair enough, this place is full of smart arses waiting to get a dig at other posters

Completely agree. 

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

This. Bottom 6 material. The squad needs a complete overhaul. 

Not disagreeing about our squad but in reality at least 2 of the top 6 this season aren't any good so the bar isn't too high to get in there next season.

the sub goalie
25 minutes ago, lou said:

Exactly, I have heard snippets in the past, can only take it on face value but have not posted as you get accused of being a WUM.

The thing I can't get my head around, if you don't believe it and regard it as nonsense then why waste your time posting on the thread.  Plenty of threads that don't interest me that I have never opened let alone posted in.

Keep the gossip/rumours coming, it is certainly better entertainment than reading about our football just now.

37 minutes ago, lou said:

100% agree.

I don't believe that the guy is a fantasist, and in actually fact. I'm delighted when someone decides to share sensitive information with us.  

10 minutes ago, the sub goalie said:

Exactly, I have heard snippets in the past, can only take it on face value but have not posted as you get accused of being a WUM.

The thing I can't get my head around, if you don't believe it and regard it as nonsense then why waste your time posting on the thread.  Plenty of threads that don't interest me that I have never opened let alone posted in.

Keep the gossip/rumours coming, it is certainly better entertainment than reading about our football just now.

Most of them are trolls trying to fill their days, it's a football forum of course there will be rumours, some true, some not, most of us love them 

john thomas
42 minutes ago, lou said:

Posting what you have been told is fair enough , depending on who tells you

Not totally convinced the OP has even done that . His offer to leave jkb certainly not helping to convince

Happy to be wrong

GorgieRules22

It’s a forum to post what you like, some might be shite and some might be bang on, that’s social media for you.

All that happens with negative attitude towards posters with info is that they’ll stop sharing it in future. I personally enjoy coming on here to see if there’s any news on our club but the info will soon dry up with some of the attitudes on here.

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Who has been tipped to take over? 

Stuart Baxter 

millerjames398
1 hour ago, sadj said:

🤣

Aye a was chanting at the tv sponge bob square heid and my mate was just looking at me like i was a lunatic. 

😆 it was a laugh out loud moment, when i 1st heard it in here, pretty sure there were side by side pictures, and the resemblance was uncanny😆🇱🇻

Howdy Doody Jambo
13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Not for me. Nevio Scala or GTF. 

He is still learning English 

28 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

It’s a forum to post what you like, some might be shite and some might be bang on, that’s social media for you.

All that happens with negative attitude towards posters with info is that they’ll stop sharing it in future. I personally enjoy coming on here to see if there’s any news on our club but the info will soon dry up with some of the attitudes on here.

First sentence is correct

On 05/04/2021 at 12:46, sadj said:

We need a Hearts the movie thread so we know who is playing all the parts and doing the choreography for the pavement dancing....

Bernard Manning for I8 maybe

Dame Judy Dench for Ann Budge

Liam Neeson for Old Wullie

etc

Got to be Stanley ;)

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

This. Bottom 6 material. The squad needs a complete overhaul

That seems to be Hearts unofficial motto nowadays.    CL  got away with adhering to it for 3 years - Mrs B didn't seem to mind. 🙄

gorgieheart

If the OP does hit the nail on the head, it would be a very strange way of going about appointing a new manager would it not ? 

Your emptied , but stay until the end of the season then you can go with our blessing and a nice severance package.

RN..aye that sounds ideal, i got us promoted, now i'm away without a shred of credibility...works for me Ann... cheers

Surely it would have made sense to get the new boy in as soon as the league was won, thank Rob for his time and service ,  move on  ? 

If its Alex Neil, that will be a significant statement of intent.

If its Mcinnes, its not so exciting times ahead

John Collins would be an interesting one,  six packs oooot  !

Guess time will tell

34 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

That seems to be Hearts unofficial motto nowadays.    CL  got away with adhering to it for 3 years - Mrs B didn't seem to mind. 🙄

Do you disagree? 

23 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

If the OP does hit the nail on the head, it would be a very strange way of going about appointing a new manager would it not ? 

Your emptied , but stay until the end of the season then you can go with our blessing and a nice severance package.

RN..aye that sounds ideal, i got us promoted, now i'm away without a shred of credibility...works for me Ann... cheers

Surely it would have made sense to get the new boy in as soon as the league was won, thank Rob for his time and service ,  move on  ? 

If its Alex Neil, that will be a significant statement of intent.

If its Mcinnes, its not so exciting times ahead

John Collins would be an interesting one,  six packs oooot  !

Guess time will tell

It would be strange, so it might well be right. There was nothing stranger than Craig Levein (after being replaced by DS) working a back shift so as to avoid bumping into the players and Austin McPhee working from home on recruitment. Meanwhile DS had to select assistants from folk already at the club because of some legal wrangle. Messy and unorthodox is our way. 

We definitely need yet another overhaul. I just don't trust Robbie's judgement on recruiting players. I also don't think the money will be there if season tickets dwindle. The frustrating thing is that if he is allowed to sign three or four players and they don't work out (no reason to say they will) then if he's sacked by October another new manager will want to sign even more players. We seem to be stuck in a rut and we can't get out of it. The last five years would suggest so. There's not much chance of the Tynecastle revolving door becoming rusty with the amount of times it's used. 

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Do you disagree? 

No ... I was just trying to see the irony in it. 

CL spends a shed load on players... then bins most of them.... then recruits another load of players .... etc. etc.   Mrs B just seemed to say "that's fine Craig,  you're the expert".  It's likely the same will be happening with Robbie in the summer .... and the summer after that .... etc etc.   

Is there another club in Scotland  (outside the OF) with as high a turnover of players every year ? And we seldom have much to show for it.     If FoH weren't pumping £1.5m in each year, and JA in the background guaranteeing to cover shortfalls, what would Hearts do then ?      

The business model which has evolved at Hearts is contributing to our downfall on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

We definitely need yet another overhaul. I just don't trust Robbie's judgement on recruiting players. I also don't think the money will be there if season tickets dwindle. The frustrating thing is that if he is allowed to sign three or four players and they don't work out (no reason to say they will) then if he's sacked by October another new manager will want to sign even more players. We seem to be stuck in a rut and we can't get out of it. The last five years would suggest so. There's not much chance of the Tynecastle revolving door becoming rusty with the amount of times it's used. 

Yeah 100%, I think his recruitment of Elliot Frear speaks volumes. Chasing him for a good while and couldn't clock that he was shite? Plus Lewis Moore IMO wouldn't have done worse and has the added bonus of being young enough to develop. Anthony McDonald is another who might have been able to step up too (I realise he's better through the middle, but could play wide). 

I don't want to be lumped with anyone Neilson wants tbh. All I can see would be 28 year old no marks incapable of being improved further or anyone ever willing to pay money for. 

No thanks. 

millerjames398
2 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Not sure if that's true .

He has gone to the lengths of promising to give up his membership of jkb if it turns out he is wrong !

Body on the line stuff

The ultimate sacrifice....😆

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

So we stick with the same side for next season? 

I would say we don't renew anyone out of contract and replace, not to mention replacing Naismith and Damour. 

Are you suggesting Robbie or whoever is manager should stick with what we've got? 

If not, what are you suggesting? 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So we stick with the same side for next season? 

I would say we don't renew anyone out of contract and replace, not to mention replacing Naismith and Damour. 

Are you suggesting Robbie or whoever is manager should stick with what we've got? 

If not, what are you suggesting? 

That we get a good manager who can recruit 3/4 good players and coach the other players ones to be better. 

the longer players play under neilson the worse they get

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

coach.jpg

Oh, John McGlynn again? All that's missing in that picture is a rolled up piece of paper in his hand. ;)

Just now, Lone Striker said:

Yes, it's been our war cry since 2016. Every transfer window we sign, we just don't improve. We replace like for like and the cycle continues. I can't see the recruitment being any better in the summer than it has been for the last few years. We really need to sign ambitious players and with the amount of players we could lose, it would cover signing fewer but better quality. I'm dreading the recruitment. I read this morning that Robbie's looking at a Forfar defender. Forfar. Until we show we want to be taken seriously and sign one or two Jimmy Dunne-type signings, it'll be more of the same next season.

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Yes, it's been our war cry since 2016. Every transfer window we sign, we just don't improve. We replace like for like and the cycle continues. I can't see the recruitment being any better in the summer than it has been for the last few years. We really need to sign ambitious players and with the amount of players we could lose, it would cover signing fewer but better quality. I'm dreading the recruitment. I read this morning that Robbie's looking at a Forfar defender. Forfar. Until we show we want to be taken seriously and sign one or two Jimmy Dunne-type signings, it'll be more of the same next season.

Jimmy Dunne is playing in the Premiership this season. We might get one or two young players on loan from Premiership teams but not one that’s in the match squad. 

55 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

No ... I was just trying to see the irony in it. 

CL spends a shed load on players... then bins most of them.... then recruits another load of players .... etc. etc.   Mrs B just seemed to say "that's fine Craig,  you're the expert".  It's likely the same will be happening with Robbie in the summer .... and the summer after that .... etc etc.   

Is there another club in Scotland  (outside the OF) with as high a turnover of players every year ? And we seldom have much to show for it.     If FoH weren't pumping £1.5m in each year, and JA in the background guaranteeing to cover shortfalls, what would Hearts do then ?      

The business model which has evolved at Hearts is contributing to our downfall on the pitch.

This has been highlighted before and comes down the the state of our recruitment which by all accounts has been shambolic. 

But, there is absolutely no doubt that we need to bring in a number of new players this summer and move on a good proportion of the squad. 

Hopefully this season will be the last where we see a squad overhaul. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Jimmy Dunne is playing in the Premiership this season. We might get one or two young players on loan from Premiership teams but not one that’s in the match squad. 

I know he started the season, first couple of games or so but haven't seen him play through most of it. I watch all the highlights and always check clubs' line-ups every week to see who's playing, and Burnley's to see if Dunne's on the pitch, he hasn't been. Bench maybe but can't say i've noticed the subs in all honesty. He's out of contract in summer, chances are he'll get a move somewhere. I'd rather we looked at trimming the squad by about 10 players and using the money saved for one or two signings like that to add to the better players we already have. Looking at a Forfar defender is fine if you want to look ahead and coach them for the future. Right now though we're going to need a bit of bite about us from the off come August.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I know he started the season, first couple of games or so but haven't seen him play through most of it. I watch all the highlights and always check clubs' line-ups every week to see who's playing, and Burnley's to see if Dunne's on the pitch, he hasn't been. Bench maybe but can't say i've noticed the subs in all honesty. He's out of contract in summer, chances are he'll get a move somewhere. I'd rather we looked at trimming the squad by about 10 players and using the money saved for one or two signings like that to add to the better players we already have. Looking at a Forfar defender is fine if you want to look ahead and coach them for the future. Right now though we're going to need a bit of bite about us from the off come August.

I agree we need players for next season but if we can pick up some players that might do a job in future seasons we should do that as well. 

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

That we get a good manager who can recruit 3/4 good players and coach the other players ones to be better. 

the longer players play under neilson the worse they get

Keep and Coach guys like white, Bobby, white, Wighton, Berra, Popescu, Damour to become players who can get us 3rd or 4th? 

Is this a wizard or or a football coach? 

I think I'd rather replace most of the guys who got us relegated and then couldn't make an impact this season, they've had 2/3 seasons under various coaches to impress. 

I think It's best to  replace the out of contract players to add to our core of about 8/9 players that have a pedigree and/ or are new. 

I think any manager would be silly to keep the players that are out of contract and/or don't want to be here. 

They aren't good enough imo. 

Leveins Battalion

Scandalous that he is still here,progressively getting worse.

Brora alone was a sacking offence.Dunfermline away,Raith etc etc the performances have been abysmal.

The last game we mustered 2 shots at goal,we are an absolute embarrassment.

The football style is honking,nobody is expecting Brazil but we are seriously boring and predictable.

Hopefully he is gone ASAP for the good of the club.

• davemclaren locked this topic