New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

2 hours ago, john thomas said:

Posting what you have been told is fair enough , depending on who tells you

Not totally convinced the OP has even done that . His offer to leave jkb certainly not helping to convince

Happy to be wrong

Wasnt there a poster last year did the same thing offered to leave , name escapes me but always claimed to be itk due to something they did at Riccarton

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Keep and Coach guys like white, Bobby, white, Wighton, Berra, Popescu, Damour to become players who can get us 3rd or 4th? 

Is this a wizard or or a football coach? 

I think I'd rather replace most of the guys who got us relegated and then couldn't make an impact this season, they've had 2/3 seasons under various coaches to impress. 

I think It's best to  replace the out of contract players to add to our core of about 8/9 players that have a pedigree and/ or are new. 

I think any manager would be silly to keep the players that are out of contract and/or don't want to be here. 

They aren't good enough imo. 

unless you think it’s a good idea to sign a whole new team again I suggest coaching and motivating current players will be pretty important. Not the ones you mention but you knew that already. 

as I said, we need to focus 3/4 quality players AND a quality coach  

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Yes, it's been our war cry since 2016. Every transfer window we sign, we just don't improve. We replace like for like and the cycle continues. I can't see the recruitment being any better in the summer than it has been for the last few years. We really need to sign ambitious players and with the amount of players we could lose, it would cover signing fewer but better quality. I'm dreading the recruitment. I read this morning that Robbie's looking at a Forfar defender. Forfar. Until we show we want to be taken seriously and sign one or two Jimmy Dunne-type signings, it'll be more of the same next season.

Jimmy Dunne type signings? Players playing in the English Premiership? 😒 set your sights high i suppose 👍🏻

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

unless you think it’s a good idea to sign a whole new team again I suggest coaching and motivating current players will be pretty important. Not the ones you mention but you knew that already. 

as I said, we need to focus 3/4 quality players AND a quality coach  

Nah, if we have a good season, say finish 4th then that makes sense. 

We are a newly promoted side and it will be Robbies or the new guys first full top flight transfer window. 

We need good and a decent number of new signings. 

Keeping any of the out of contract players ( Irving aside) and not shifting/ replacing Damour/ Naismith would be terrible imo. 

Lone Striker
35 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So we stick with the same side for next season?    Three/quarters of it, yes

I would say we don't renew anyone out of contract and replace, not to mention replacing Naismith and Damour. 

Are you suggesting Robbie or whoever is manager should stick with what we've got?   Three/quarters of it, yes

If not, what are you suggesting? 

I posted on the other thread - we need to get out of this cycle of signing loads of players every year in the hope that 1 or 2 will improve the team. In the last 16 months (3 windows), only Gordon, Boyce,  Kingsley (and possibly Ginelly & McEneff) have shown to be better than what we had previously. And thats out of about 14 signings & loans.   And we fans (through FoH) and JA as a willing benefactor have enabled this lazy, fat mentality to became mainstream.

We've all agreed on here that what passes as a "recruitment process" at Hearts is woefully inadequate - maybe it'll change now that Savage is involved.  Maybe.... who knows.     But its almost as if RN (just like CL) is lazy enough to just want ready-made signings who he has no intention of coaching to be more positive and attacking - other than initiating them into the "keep possession at all cost by passing backwards and sideways" mentality.       My point is simply that most of today's squad are capable of much more effective players - maybe in a more attack-minded team, or with a more inspiring set of coaches.     GMS is an example - lazy, scared, knackered, hiding for us - yet he's been one of Scotland's most skilful  players of the last decade.  Why and how did he fall from that to where he is now ? 

1 shot on target against Morton .... and all the embarrassing stats that Liam mentioned in another thread , despite winning this league.     Is it too much to hope that Savage can scout a proper coach with a proven track record of getting good performances out of under-achieving players ?

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We are a newly promoted side and it will be Robbies or the new guys first full top flight transfer window. 

Keeping any of the out of contract players ( Irving aside) and not shifting/ replacing Damour/ Naismith would be terrible imo. 

so how many of the 13 players neilson has signed are we keeping?

All of the out of contract players should go.  That doesn’t mean we need to sign another 10. We have 5 keepers on the books, 4/5 players who can play right back

we certainly don’t want another bloated squad full of dross like popescu, Frear, Roberts (although maybe he isn’t the bad under a decent coach 🤷‍♂️)

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I posted on the other thread - we need to get out of this cycle of signing loads of players every year in the hope that 1 or 2 will improve the team. In the last 16 months (3 windows), only Gordon, Boyce,  Kingsley (and possibly Ginelly & McEneff) have shown to be better than what we had previously. And thats out of about 14 signings & loans.   And we fans (through FoH) and JA as a willing benefactor have enabled this lazy, fat mentality to became mainstream.

We've all agreed on here that what passes as a "recruitment process" at Hearts is woefully inadequate - maybe it'll change now that Savage is involved.  Maybe.... who knows.     But its almost as if RN (just like CL) is lazy enough to just want ready-made signings who he has no intention of coaching to be more positive and attacking - other than initiating them into the "keep possession at all cost by passing backwards and sideways" mentality.       My point is simply that most of today's squad are capable of much more effective players - maybe in a more attack-minded team, or with a more inspiring set of coaches.     GMS is an example - lazy, scared, knackered, hiding for us - yet he's been one of Scotland's most skilful  players of the last decade.  Why and how did he fall from that to where he is now ? 

1 shot on target against Morton .... and all the embarrassing stats that Liam mentioned in another thread , despite winning this league.     Is it too much to hope that Savage can scout a proper coach with a proven track record of getting good performances out of under-achieving players ?

Your GMS example is perfect. Same could be said about McEneff the first couple of games driving through the middle then all of a sudden he is being moved about and passing sideways. 

The coaching/Tactics seem to be the issue.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Rods said:

Your GMS example is perfect. Same could be said about McEneff the first couple of games driving through the middle then all of a sudden he is being moved about and passing sideways. 

Gnaduillet looks class in his 1st game.

Looks an absolute donkey after Neilson has got a hold of him.🤣🤣

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

so how many of the 13 players neilson has signed are we keeping?

All of the out of contract players should go.  That doesn’t mean we need to sign another 10. We have 5 keepers on the books, 4/5 players who can play right back

we certainly don’t want another bloated squad full of dross like popescu, Frear, Roberts (although maybe he isn’t the bad under a decent coach 🤷‍♂️)

There's a Fred on that. 

Gave who I would keep. 

I think we need at least 8/9 to have a 1st team squad of 22-25.

3/4 of them must be " key players" imo a CB, 2x mid and a striker / number 10.

Unfortunately, Big questions still hang over Haring and Souttars fitness as well. 

Ideally youth fill spaces 20-25 going forward, but we aren't there yet. 

39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Keep and Coach guys like white, Bobby, white, Wighton, Berra, Popescu, Damour to become players who can get us 3rd or 4th? 

Is this a wizard or or a football coach? 

I think I'd rather replace most of the guys who got us relegated and then couldn't make an impact this season, they've had 2/3 seasons under various coaches to impress. 

I think It's best to  replace the out of contract players to add to our core of about 8/9 players that have a pedigree and/ or are new. 

I think any manager would be silly to keep the players that are out of contract and/or don't want to be here. 

They aren't good enough imo. 

Who is going to tell him...........? 😍

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Oops. 

Probably too busy defending the indefensible to notice what's actually going on.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

W need to get out of the cycle, but not on promotion with many of the relegated squad here and a covid, championship transfer window in between. 

Be madness. 

Whoever is the manager he needs to replace the outgoing players for quality and with the season in mind 

22-25 players are needed, imo we have at push maybe 12/13 all capable

It's on the other Fred. 

But to summarise imo

Gordon

Logan

Smith

Kingsley 

Souttar 

Halkett 

Mceneff

Halliday 

Boyce 

Gnando

Gms

Gino

Walker 

Naismith? 

All have a part to play either as a squad player or first team player. Or will do, even if folk don't agree imo. 

That's 13 players, 2 have fitness concerns, 3 are unproven at that level. 

A match day squad is 18.

We need at least another 10, 3-5 need to be quality to improve us and not be in any danger of being  back where we were last season imo. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, iainmac said:

😂😂

Lee as well. 

Folk now suggesting we should keep these guys, coach them and we'll be in about 3rd  4th? 

Am I missing something? 

That cannot be right? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

9 minutes ago, iainmac said:

he also has two whites and bobby is leaving in the summer

Edited by milky_26

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Probably too busy defending the indefensible to notice what's actually going on.

Nah, I knew they are are leaving, but do keep up, read the conversation rather than jump in with daft remarks. 👍

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

he also has two whites and bobby is leaving in the summer

Ffs, but it was in response to someone saying we should keep players and coach them. 

Not simply get new ones. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, I knew they are are leaving, but do keep up, read the conversation rather than jump in with daft remarks. 👍

Aye, of course you did.  That's why you mentioned getting us to 3rd / 4th - or did you mean THIS season?

Nookie Bear
17 minutes ago, Rods said:

Thought McEneff got forward a lot more at Morton tbf

jamboinglasgow

if the rumours do come true and Robbie goes, and Alex Neil is made manager (I know there are rumoured 4 candidates),  does anyone know what his style of football is?

ShortmanRossco
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

if the rumours do come true and Robbie goes, and Alex Neil is made manager (I know there are rumoured 4 candidates),  does anyone know what his style of football is?

I saw his Preston side take on Leeds at Elland Road. Was pretty attritional to be honest which is what's put me off him. But there again, we did have better players than them so might have been a factor. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Swashbuckling. 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hamiltonesque.

No idea to be honest. 

16 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Norwichian.

Bunny Munro
4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

It had better not because this team is rank.

4 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

We would be looking at a fight to stay up if that’s the team that starts next season. That’s unless the new signing is messi. 

I agree, players that are past it, permanently injured, badly coached, or haven't made it with us. And Gordon and Boyce.

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Fixed the front 2 for you 🙂

I really don't think Robbie will play a proper front two a lot.

27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hamiltonesque.

No idea to be honest. 

you should have said hamiltonian

Ainsley Harriott
3 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

If the OP does hit the nail on the head, it would be a very strange way of going about appointing a new manager would it not ? 

Your emptied , but stay until the end of the season then you can go with our blessing and a nice severance package.

RN..aye that sounds ideal, i got us promoted, now i'm away without a shred of credibility...works for me Ann... cheers

Surely it would have made sense to get the new boy in as soon as the league was won, thank Rob for his time and service ,  move on  ? 

If its Alex Neil, that will be a significant statement of intent.

If its Mcinnes, its not so exciting times ahead

John Collins would be an interesting one,  six packs oooot  !

Guess time will tell

Pretty obvious the manager next season will be Robbie. He will be sacked by Christmas though.

Greedy Jambo
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

You talk like we're QOS or something. We signed GMS while in the championship ffs. 

Wish you would stop with your pishy excuses. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You talk like we're QOS or something. We signed GMS while in the championship ffs. 

Wish you would stop with your pishy excuses. 

Who put 10p in you? 

Excuses for what? 

Go away, let the grown-ups have a discussion about football. 

59 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Battling to stay out of a relegation battle generally. 

Bazzas right boot

Are the proposed candidates swashbuckley enough?

swashbuckler-4ed012aa-be87-426b-8938-64ebc2e5000-resize-750.jpeg

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Battling to stay out of a relegation battle generally. 

that’s absolute nonsense. 

wins championship with Hamilton

3rd with hamilton despite smallest budget in league

promoted with Norwich 

7th with Preston

14th with Preston 

9th with Preston 

despite having a budget between 16th smallest and smallest in the championship. 

Edited by kingantti1874

3 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

If the OP does hit the nail on the head, it would be a very strange way of going about appointing a new manager would it not ? 

Your emptied , but stay until the end of the season then you can go with our blessing and a nice severance package.

RN..aye that sounds ideal, i got us promoted, now i'm away without a shred of credibility...works for me Ann... cheers

Surely it would have made sense to get the new boy in as soon as the league was won, thank Rob for his time and service ,  move on  ? 

If its Alex Neil, that will be a significant statement of intent.

If its Mcinnes, its not so exciting times ahead

John Collins would be an interesting one,  six packs oooot  !

Guess time will tell

Wouldn't pay to watch a  Collins team.....

Arthur Morgan
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

3rd with hamilton despite smallest budget in league

When did this happen? They finished 7th.

Nookie Bear
18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who put 10p in you? 

Excuses for what? 

Go away, let the grown-ups have a discussion about football. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Are the proposed candidates swashbuckley enough?

swashbuckler-4ed012aa-be87-426b-8938-64ebc2e5000-resize-750.jpeg

🤔

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Still decent, but like you say, never finished 3rd? 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

🤔

If we  need to play swashbuckling football, we need a swashbuckley manager. 

adambraejambo
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we  need to play swashbuckling football, we need a swashbuckley manager. 

I don't care how attack minded new manager is. If he wears a hat that has feathers decorating it he wont last. 

jamboinglasgow
20 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Yup but when Alex Neil left to join Norwich they were sitting 3rd place after 20 games, having won 12 games in that time, drawn 3 and lost 5.  Considering they went without a win in their next 13 games after he left and only finished 7th shows how strong a performance he did that season while he was there.

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

apologies my memory failed me .  

he left in jan of that season, after taking Hamilton to the top of the league in October , and beating Celtic away.  They were 3 points behind Celtic in January when he left after 20 fixtures . They went on to finish 7th

Edited by kingantti1874

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Still decent, but like you say, never finished 3rd? 

answered above

kingantti1874

An extract from article from when he left to go to Norwich. 

this notion that he is a poor manager is just ill informed crap. He has never finished in a lower position that he should have. And has often had teams punching above their weight.

Alex Neil began his season with a Scottish League Cup tie against Arbroath, and finished it overseeing Norwich's Premier League play-off final victory over Middlesbrough. In between, he guided Hamilton to a startling first season back in the top-flight, a tale that briefly looked as though it might eclipse all others this season.

For 26 days in October, Hamilton topped the Premiership, a remarkable feat for a side that had not been in the top-flight for four years. The club kept faith with the players who had earned promotion by defeating Hibernian in the play-off final, and trusted that Neil himself could adapt to top-flight management in only his second season in charge.

Instead, he excelled. Playing composed, ordered football, catching opponents on the break and allowing attacking freedom to the likes of Dougie Imrie, Tony Andreu and Ali Crawford, Hamilton went on a run of nine unbeaten league games after losing their opening match to Inverness. 

That sequence included a 1-0 win at Celtic Park,their first victory at the stadium since 1938.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

apologies my memory failed me .  

he left in jan of that season, after taking Hamilton to the top of the league in October , and beating Celtic away.  They were 3 points behind Celtic in January when he left after 20 fixtures . They went on to finish 7th

Done well, almost as good as Robbie when he had us second when he left.......😁

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

An extract from article from when he left to go to Norwich. 

this notion that he is a poor manager is just ill informed crap. He has never finished in a lower position that he should have. And has often had teams punching above their weight.

Alex Neil began his season with a Scottish League Cup tie against Arbroath, and finished it overseeing Norwich's Premier League play-off final victory over Middlesbrough. In between, he guided Hamilton to a startling first season back in the top-flight, a tale that briefly looked as though it might eclipse all others this season.

For 26 days in October, Hamilton topped the Premiership, a remarkable feat for a side that had not been in the top-flight for four years. The club kept faith with the players who had earned promotion by defeating Hibernian in the play-off final, and trusted that Neil himself could adapt to top-flight management in only his second season in charge.

Instead, he excelled. Playing composed, ordered football, catching opponents on the break and allowing attacking freedom to the likes of Dougie Imrie, Tony Andreu and Ali Crawford, Hamilton went on a run of nine unbeaten league games after losing their opening match to Inverness. 

That sequence included a 1-0 win at Celtic Park,their first victory at the stadium since 1938.

Doesn't count tho.....

No Rangers, Hearts or hibs in the top flight, easiest top flight in years, yada, yada......

Achievements during this time mean nothing, So I've been told!

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Done well, almost as good as Robbie when he had us second when he left.......😁

You aren’t comparing hearts to Hamilton are you 😂

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Doesn't count tho.....

No Rangers, Hearts or hibs in the top flight, easiest top flight in years, yada, yada......

Achievements during this time mean nothing, So I've been told!

did you miss the bit of composed football, attacking freedom. 😂 v neilsons side to side slugball . 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

did you miss the bit of composed football, attacking freedom. 😂 v neilsons side to side slugball . 

doesn't count tho, apparently to some on here!

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You aren’t comparing hearts to Hamilton are you 😂

Nah, Robie actually seen the full season out and finished 3rd on promotion.

• davemclaren locked this topic