• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, neilnunb said:

Nice to see the Falkirk board not accepting shite. Take note Ann. 😁

Craig will have his CV already in their id imagine ? 

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, sauchiejambo said:

Hey, Peter Grant is available !

So is Hugh Grant but I'd rather have neither.

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Austin Reid.

He certainly would be suited to the job.

In fact tailor made.

Just now, daavojaay said:

End of the day the managers weve hired,Levien was a defender= defensive crappy football..Neilson is the same,Stendel was a striker so played attacking football,if were gonna hire an ex player please make sure they were an attacking midfielder that was creative as thats what we need.I know people maybe dont think this means ****all butif u look at it,it does actually matter.. no more ex defenders anyway please

Don't think it matters what position someone's played in their career. Alex MacDonald was a midfielder who wanted the ball moved quick, Joe Jordan was a forward but played defensive football and Jeffries the opposite, a defender that played attacking football. So going by that, you'd assume that if a manager was a defender in his day, he'd know how to get the better of attackers, same with a manager like Jordan, he would know how to get the better of defenders. 

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter where they played, you just need a manager who's willing to put out a competitive team regardless. Know to have the best defenders you can afford, strikers etc the same. Cautious football is sometimes more damaging than going for it and trying to finish a team off as we've found out far too many times this season.

52 minutes ago, topsport said:

Absolutely agree.
I’m not in the demonise individuals camp, I think Robbie and AB certainly want the club to succeed, it just hasn’t worked, at all 😫

Change needed as soon as the final whistle on the last day of the season goes (at the latest) in my view. Then maybe, just maybe we’ve got a chance at looking forward to the season to come. 
🤞👍

No, me too. 

I'm pissed off at Robbie, but I know he's came in and tried his best, provided he goes at the end of the season I'm quite happy to wish him well. 

I think the Partick or Falkirk job might suit him and maybe give him some time to try things in a less pressured environment. 

Just now, stevie1874 said:

I’ll get shot down for this but I’d actually give Neil McCann a years contract ( sort of a trial) to see what he can do. Don’t know if he’d go with it but he’s on a short term deal at Inverness, as long as he doesn’t bring Billy Dodds with him. Don’t think it would be as expensive as other names quoted on here. 

I get your point but the problem with McCann is he talks a good game but his time at Dundee showed that talk is cheap. He's not been in a job for a long time until he was asked to help out while Robbo was away. If he wasn't i doubt McCann would be anywhere near Inverness or anyone. He's good at opening his mouth and letting his belly rumble in media circles. Not sure too many of his colleagues take him that seriously to be honest. They're no better though in fairness.

2 hours ago, iainmac said:

"Robbie will be here for 3 years. It's not everyone's view BUT IT's MINE".

Run like a dictatorship.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Simply because it is one. 

Until the shares are transferred she owns the club. 

20 minutes ago, OTT said:

No, me too. 

I'm pissed off at Robbie, but I know he's came in and tried his best, provided he goes at the end of the season I'm quite happy to wish him well. 

I think the Partick or Falkirk job might suit him and maybe give him some time to try things in a less pressured environment. 

Sums up where I’m at. Real shame to see things sour with him as they have done, so best to call it a day before it gets worse! We can’t afford the rot to continue. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

FTFY Dave.

They do seem reticent to execute the transfer. I can only assume it’s connected to the amount ( increasing by the day I imagine ) that we owe Ann. I get the impression she’s a very hands on chairperson. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They do seem reticent to execute the transfer. I can only assume it’s connected to the amount ( increasing by the day I imagine ) that we owe Ann. I get the impression she’s a very hands on chairperson. 

By her own admission, she's a control freak. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, iainmac said:

By her own admission, she's a control freak. 

Indeed. I was being polite. 🤨

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He certainly would be suited to the job.

In fact tailor made.

Mate used to work for them in Princes street. 

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Craig will have his CV already in their id imagine ? 

Unless Ann has given him a heads up that the Hearts job will be vacant soon. 

4 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

One of Neilson's main problems as a manager is he sets up to counter threats from diddy opposition when in reality it is them who should be worried about us.

Was it Neilson who set up one of his team's completely around the "threat of Rory Loy" in his first stint

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

6 hours ago, Martin_T said:

I disagree, it's about a discussion about replacing the manager/head coach, so I think it's reasonable to analyse his past endeavours and the strategy or lack thereof of the club.

I'm keen to try to understand why 2014/15 Robbie Neilson, played dynamic attacking football and has since seemingly abandoned that style.

We lost a match at home to Falkirk, and he was never the same since.

6 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

One of Neilson's main problems as a manager is he sets up to counter threats from diddy opposition when in reality it is them who should be worried about us.

Indeed

3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Mate used to work for them in Princes street. 

Is that that shop for giants? I went in there once and the gadge just looked at me. I’m 6ft1”

Holyrood_Hearts
6 hours ago, daavojaay said:

End of the day the managers weve hired,Levien was a defender= defensive crappy football..Neilson is the same,Stendel was a striker so played attacking football,if were gonna hire an ex player please make sure they were an attacking midfielder that was creative as thats what we need.I know people maybe dont think this means ****all butif u look at it,it does actually matter.. no more ex defenders anyway please

That’s **** all to do with it.  

15 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Prick player. Prick manager. Prick. 

Come on...had a good song back in the day 😁

adambraejambo
13 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Prick player. Prick manager. Prick. 

Sitting like that in the dugout should be  a sackable offence. If someone pasted a book In his hands it would pass as a scene from Jackanory 

On 05/04/2021 at 18:42, HoGwash said:

I've interviewed people for jobs at the same level as I was. Quite common in some places. 

When I worked for BT, I interviewed people who were senior to me. (Not too hard, pretty low bar)

5 hours ago, neilnunb said:

For us? 😁

_118138613_20094932.jpg

A mediocre player, with a brilliant pointy finger and Roxburgh/wee Craigie Broon capped him.

Only his relentless "I'm a Cellick man, thru and thru" kept him there so long.

Not unlike Tommy Burns.

Both average.

5 hours ago, neilnunb said:

For us? 😁

_118138613_20094932.jpg

His head always looks photoshopped in photos

Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

Same head as Alan Stubbs 

Was watching the 06 boxing day game earlier was the same wi John Collins head. Maybe its just something that happens when you wear Green

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Was watching the 06 boxing day game earlier was the same wi John Collins head. Maybe its just something that happens when you wear Green

😂 you might be onto something here Scott Brown , Griffiths , Rat Boy add them to the list .

No Idle Talk
6 hours ago, topsport said:

I hope it’s a case of Ann giving Robbie the end of the season, so he can leave having completed the promotion he was asked to achieve, then as others have said, a ‘by mutual agreement...we thank Robbie for his contribution’ statement follows with immediate appointment of a new manager.

Ann ensuring a dignified exit for him - which I think is a generosity most owners wouldn’t extend given performances and results. 
I’m hoping the threat of lack of season ticket sales should they maintain the status quo, has finally been taken seriously, and there’s been some learning from the levein debacle. 
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Aye. That's sort of what I am hoping for at this point. 

If we start next season with Robbie still in the dugout then the heat is going to be on from the outset. There will be a tension in the stands and if we have a couple of bad results early on the people who want him gone will be all over him. Things could turn sour in a hurry.

If we have a new manager then pretty much all of that can be avoided. It would be a fresh start for everybody.

12 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

If we start next season with Robbie still in the dugout then the heat is going to be on from the outset. There will be a tension in the stands and if we have a couple of bad results early on the people who want him gone will be all over him. Things could turn sour in a hurry.

If we have a new manager then pretty much all of that can be avoided. It would be a fresh start for everybody.

I just hope it isn't McInnes. I'd be so deflated at that appointment

No Idle Talk
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

I just hope it isn't McInnes. I'd be so deflated at that appointment

McInnes wouldn't be my choice either.

lost in space
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

I agree with post apart from "a couple of bad results" before fans are all over him.

He won't get that much time. 

There will be thousands waiting for any reason to have a go. 

He deserves all he gets.

heartmussel
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

Maybe been mentioned before, but the events of the last few days in England and Europe shows that fans can make things happen

Bunny Munro

I feel for Neilson but it just hasn't been good enough. If we preserve with him there is a real chance we'll let him rebuild the squad only to fire him in OCT and have to write the year off as the new man will want his own players.

Although, despite all the talk of rebuilding the squad, I wouldn't be surprised if our 'first 11' next year looks like;

Gordon

Smith Halkett Souttar Kingsley

New Singing Haring McEneff GMS

Boyce

Gnando

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
10 hours ago, daavojaay said:

You will get told it means **** all because funnily enough, that's exactly what it does mean.  Pep Guardiola was a holding midfielder and Man City are one of the best teams to watch in world football. How does that fit into your theory?

Plenty debate about Neilson's style being a defensive one and to be honest I would disagree. We are not a defensive team, we're just not very good.  We don't go out to defend and pick up scraps.  We try to control possession but the tempo of the play is so slow that we allow opposing teams to get behind the ball and become hard to break down.

We would all love to see us playing how we did the last time we were in the Championship, but we had young players at the club who were used to playing in that style on their journey from the academy to the first team.  Pace, energy and creativity.  The current side lacks all of those things.

millerjames398
3 hours ago, sadj said:

Im sure someone in here christened Collins, "sponge bob square head",,absolute classic😆🇱🇻

132goals1958
8 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I feel for Neilson but it just hasn't been good enough. If we preserve with him there is a real chance we'll let him rebuild the squad only to fire him in OCT and have to write the year off as the new man will want his own players.

Although, despite all the talk of rebuilding the squad, I wouldn't be surprised if our 'first 11' next year looks like;

Gordon

Boyce

Gnando

In some respects Robbie has also created his own problems by declaring   the squad needs a thorough rebuild. I would think his comments might not be appreciated by some of the current incumbents which maybe partly accounts for our current woes

8 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Gordon

Boyce

Gnando

The frustrating thing is that that’s a good side. Or it ought to be. But we’ve played that team, or something very close to it, in plenty games and stank the place out.

8 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

The frustrating thing is that that’s a good side. Or it ought to be. But we’ve played that team, or something very close to it, in plenty games and stank the place out.

And that is the exact reason why he has to go.

He simply can't get a tune out of a squad that (on paper) should have absolutely demolished this league.

Ainsley Harriott
On 05/04/2021 at 12:54, Hendolad said:

Spoke to someone very close to our manager last night.100% a new manager will be appointed for next season.Rob has acknowledged this but mutual respect will see him get us over the line this season.I believe the new manager has already identified changes that he wants made and promises have been given to allow this to happen.

I said the other day that I hope once he leaves and the new man is in charge that the awful names our manager has been called will stop and people will realise all he has ever wanted is the best for Hearts.Hes such a nice guy and very loyal.This hasn't ended how any of us wanted but it is what it is.Lets just get the league won and let him go with our thanks and respect.

I think your info on Rob may have been wide of the mark 😂😂

17 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Was it Neilson who set up one of his team's completely around the "threat of Rory Loy" in his first stint

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Think it was Hemmings at Dens when we played Ozturk in midfield and then Hemmings didn’t even play IIRC. :lol: 

3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I think your info on Rob may have been wide of the mark 😂😂

Not sure if that's true .

He has gone to the lengths of promising to give up his membership of jkb if it turns out he is wrong !

Body on the line stuff

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On 21/04/2021 at 11:17, Mars plastic said:

It's been a tough gig for Neilson? Are you currently high on strong paste?? He was tasked with getting out a pub league, and make no mistake that's exactly what it is, and he's hobbled over the line with mostly keek performances and some shocker results.

He was drawn against part time, bottom of the league Alloa in the wee cup and bombed. He was drawn against Highland Coo herders in the big cup and bombed. His gig this year couldn't have been any easier and he's made an absolute dugs dinner of it.

I'm intrigued to know exactly what the mitigation is.

Exactly why it was a tough gig, your reply very neatly says it all .

You mentioned the down points without paying the slightest attention to the significant ups, and there's been some.

Hiding to nothing. I wouldn't be the Hearts manager for all the tea in China 

• davemclaren locked this topic