New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If true it’s good there are more than just Neil and McInnes being considered...though I think Peter Reid is a bit past it now. 

Lol. Typo - should have been Neil. Though I’m beginning to think Beryl Reid might have done a better job than the present incumbent.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm surprised that anyone thinks RN is actually going to be leaving any time soon. 

Just doesn't seem likely.

Rogue Daddy
2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Alex Neil is keen. 

Very keen. 

As is McInnes sadly 🙁

👍... cheers for the info. Hope you're right 🙏, I'm the same - would prefer Alex Neil out of the two. Actually, I'd prefer a more left field option (one with no Scottish ties) to bring a fresh approach (similar to a DS type).

Rogue Daddy
11 hours ago, Hendolad said:

Ok following up from my open post on this page (I said to my son after that I wouldn't post again) Robbie or whatever you want to call him will leave the club within a fortnight.New manager is in place and between him and Savage signing targets have been identified.

If our manager isn't gone by then I will close my Kickback account down.as before believe what you want but I thought this may be of some interest. 

👍 Hope you're right mate.

Tokyo Drifter

Wouldn't be having any of these problems if we'd gone for Jack Ross when we had the chance.

37 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

No problem. It is coming up to the "I know something you don't know" time of the season , so you won't be the last to be ITK with "impeccable" (but always unnamed) sources 

Difference is PTBCAL imo doesn't generally get involved in the ITK bunfight - has history of good snippets and obviously does know people in the game.  Doesn't mean what he says will come to pass, shit changes, but I don't doubt when he posts to be honest.  Others.... I enjoy a bit of ITK and take it with pinch of salt but enjoy the rumours.

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

I was told a couple of weeks we had made initial contact with four people about the post. I wasn’t told the names, but I’d be shocked if Reid and McInnes were not two of them. 

I really, really hope McInnes is 4th on that list!!!!  In fact, hope he was contacted re any advice on good managers coats or something like that - always looked warm despite being in Aberdeen and that's to his credit.

Just now, Tokyo Drifter said:

Wouldn't be having any of these problems if we'd gone for Jack Ross when we had the chance.

Glad we didn't.

If we get Alex Neil, we've a better manager than Ross.  If we'd stuck with Stendel, we'd have a better manager than Ross.

Ross will blow it at Hibs.  They've been shite, just not as shite as others.  I know that's kind of the aim in Scottish football, and I know where we're at, but we can do way better.

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Difference is PTBCAL imo doesn't generally get involved in the ITK bunfight - has history of good snippets and obviously does know people in the game.  Doesn't mean what he says will come to pass, shit changes, but I don't doubt when he posts to be honest.  Others.... I enjoy a bit of ITK and take it with pinch of salt but enjoy the rumours.

I really, really hope McInnes is 4th on that list!!!!  In fact, hope he was contacted re any advice on good managers coats or something like that - always looked warm despite being in Aberdeen and that's to his credit.

Don't have a problem with anyone posting their ITK rumours.

I just think, no matter how well connected someone is (or claims to be) if they are aware of this type of knowledge, it's fair to say that at least one or two hacks will know it as well and would therefore print it

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

I am smashing this to pieces just now. 

I'm getting to the stage that I might stop my van the next time I see him jogging and ask Derek Mcinnes if he's been offered the Hearts job. I don't usually bother footballers in their day to day lives, but needs must. 

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Hendolad said:

Ok following up from my open post on this page (I said to my son after that I wouldn't post again) Robbie or whatever you want to call him will leave the club within a fortnight.New manager is in place and between him and Savage signing targets have been identified.

If our manager isn't gone by then I will close my Kickback account down.as before believe what you want but I thought this may be of some interest. 

Neil, would make sense with the Savage connection, that would be my bet. 

23 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I'm surprised that anyone thinks RN is actually going to be leaving any time soon. 

Exactly no chance he is going.Laughing and smiling away during the game last night despite serving up another horseshit display

hmfc_liam06
21 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

From what I've been told, he's going nowhere. Could be an interesting few weeks ahead if others are correct.

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Don't have a problem with anyone posting their ITK rumours.

I just think, no matter how well connected someone is (or claims to be) if they are aware of this type of knowledge, it's fair to say that at least one or two hacks will know it as well and would therefore print it

I said it on one of these ITK threads previously that it doesn't seem likely that Hearts have approached multiple candidates on the quiet, appointed one of them, told Neilson when he's getting sacked, everybody at the club knows about it, but nobody in the media does.

I'll believe it when I see it.

14 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Glad we didn't.

If we get Alex Neil, we've a better manager than Ross.  If we'd stuck with Stendel, we'd have a better manager than Ross.

Ross will blow it at Hibs.  They've been shite, just not as shite as others.  I know that's kind of the aim in Scottish football, and I know where we're at, but we can do way better.

Alex Neil has done nothing as a Manager. 

manaliveits105
19 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

He is not Hearts quality - he is a wrong un who fits in perfectly at Fester - it will end in tears though.

Our biggest problem imo is the club now looks like a soft touch for anyone signing a contract with us.

Been the case since we were promoted last time. We need a leader who will steer the club in the right direction and is capable of being decisive when required. Sacking Robbie is only sticking a band aid on the problem. Budge oot.....!

manaliveits105
31 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

This is a complete fantasy thread 

If  the op is right, surely it would be best to tell us now that Neilson is leaving and will be replaced at season's end?

Promotion is secured, the morale of the fans would instantly improve (not completely, perhaps) and, who knows, attitudes towards Neilson might soften a little. 

It would certainly make for a happier end to his reign and this season, rather than the rancour that will persist until change is confirmed.

All assuming the op is right, of course (please, please, please, please, please...).

Byyy The Light
8 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I said it on one of these ITK threads previously that it doesn't seem likely that Hearts have approached multiple candidates on the quiet, appointed one of them, told Neilson when he's getting sacked, everybody at the club knows about it, but nobody in the media does.

I'll believe it when I see it.

It's not unusual for the media to sit on things at the request of clubs.  They'll do it if they can get 1st crack at follow ups once the story breaks and know that if they ignore it and go ahead they've lost a source.

I tend to agree though, I don't think he'll be leaving any time soon.

Edited by Byyy The Light

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I would agree. He like Levein will be given the 11 games. 

This time however escape plan needs to be ready to go immediately rather than the 6 week delay which I I believe relegated us, something I am quite happy to lay at Budges door 

33 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

A bit if sanity in the madness of this thread 

ford donald
17 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Exactly no chance he is going.Laughing and smiling away during the game last night despite serving up another horseshit display

That could be a front,his package would create that.

Nothing coming from the club suggests there will be a change in manager before next season. Robbie has been doing interviews talking about plans for next season and it was only a few weeks ago Budge was saying he was getting 3 years pretty much regardless of performances and results. 

7 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

It's not unusual for the media to sit on things at the request of clubs.  They'll do it if they can get 1st crack at follow ups once the story breaks and know that if they ignore it and go ahead they've lost a source.

I tend to agree though, I don't think he'll be leaving any time soon.

Yes it's not unusual for a journalist to sit on a scoop, but if the rumours are true were talking about a conspiracy of silence on a similar scale to the faking the moon landings!

12 hours ago, Hendolad said:

Fair enough for posting but I just don’t believe it. What’s to be gained by him hanging about ? I don’t believe him leaving or another manager agreeing to come in could have been kept under wraps. Hope you’re right but I’m calling bullshit. 

No need to delete your account if it is bs though the embarrassment should be enough. 

4 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Nothing coming from the club suggests there will be a change in manager before next season. Robbie has been doing interviews talking about plans for next season and it was only a few weeks ago Budge was saying he was getting 3 years pretty much regardless of performances and results. 

I'm sure Jose Mourinho was speaking about planning for next season only a week ago then look what happened with him. 

I don't trust Budge but she did get rid of Craig who looked like he would never leave Hearts. 

But then again if they were just bringing in Rob for 1 season until we got back in the premier league they could of giving it to Kirk or Rankin. 

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I'm sure Jose Mourinho was speaking about planning for next season only a week ago then look what happened with him. 

I don't trust Budge but she did get rid of Craig who looked like he would never leave Hearts. 

But then again if they were just bringing in Rob for 1 season until we got back in the premier league they could of giving it to Kirk or Rankin. 

Maybe but I don’t remember levy coming out and saying Jose was getting his 3 years only a few weeks ago. 

ford donald
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Fair enough for posting but I just don’t believe it. What’s to be gained by him hanging about ? I don’t believe him leaving or another manager agreeing to come in could have been kept under wraps. Hope you’re right but I’m calling bullshit. 

No need to delete your account if it is bs though the embarrassment should be enough. 

I hope he is telling the truth,even some false hope is better than none,our football is depressing.

Rogue Daddy
8 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

I've been thinking this myself... since AB gave her backing all these weeks ago (prior to Brora), there's not been a peep out of the club backing the manager. Zilch. I would have expected something of note, if he was to remain 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Russ1977 said:

Maybe but I don’t remember levy coming out and saying Jose was getting his 3 years only a few weeks ago. 

When did budge come out and say Robbie was getting 3 years ? I must of missed that. 

Just now, ford donald said:

I hope he is telling the truth,even some false hope is better than none,our football is depressing.

I think we all hope he’s telling the truth and have gotten a little hopeful. Deep down I can’t see how this could be kept quiet. 

4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Difference is Jose didn’t know he was getting sacked and the replacement isn’t signed waiting to walk through the door. 

9 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

However Spurs were not knocked out of the cup by the likes of Boreham Wood

davemclaren
25 minutes ago, ford donald said:

That could be a front,his package would create that.

Indeed, have seen the same during my career, including myself. 😎

Two more shitty performances would surely see him sent packing when the end of season review is undertaken.

Things have been very quiet from within the club since the defeat from Brora.....the announcement upon clinching the championship was as low key as possible and AB has been unusually quiet too.

I genuinely think he’ll move on when the season is over under the old ‘mutual consent’ agreement.

3 minutes ago, lou said:

However Spurs were not knocked out of the cup by the likes of Boreham Wood

Agreed and I think the Brora game should have been the end of him but I’m not the one making the decisions. Budge is loyalt to a fault unless you’re German and willing to work for the club for free🤷‍♂️

55 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Neil, would make sense with the Savage connection, that would be my bet. 

It would but that dosn't happen at Hearts. Things making sense that is.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

She didn’t give him a new contract, that’s not really getting rid of someone in that sense. 
She went for the safe option to get us back up, if she only wanted him for a year she wouldn’t have given him a three year contract.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Agreed and I think the Brora game should have been the end of him but I’m not the one making the decisions. Budge is loyalt to a fault unless you’re German and willing to work for the club for free🤷‍♂️

Spot on. Nasty German looking to change Leveins set up and make them less cosy and more professional. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

She didn’t give him a new contract, that’s not really getting rid of someone in that sense. 
She went for the safe option to get us back up, if she only wanted him for a year she wouldn’t have given him a three year contract.

Maybe he wouldn't agree to come to us for less and she thought it worth a punt.

Pasquale for King
Just now, wavydavy said:

Maybe he wouldn't agree to come to us for less and she thought it worth a punt.

My point is she didn’t get him back for one year. She did an interview stating he was here for three, laughing as she did it with that condescending I know better than the fans smile. 

Vlad the impaler

My take for what it’s worth is that Budge won’t want to sack him while she’s in charge. Come end of this season the transfer of shares will happen to foh,they will then make the decision to rid us of Bob. She keeps her hands clean and it will be the big bad hearts fans who hounded him out. After that I’d take Mcinnes over Neil every day of the week for where we are just now. We need to go up and be competitive,that’s exactly teams that mcinnes builds imo

31 minutes ago, lou said:

And he would help if any of our kids were slacking at school 🤣🤣

https://twitter.com/JackSimmo1998/status/1384191352703832064?s=19

:)

reminds me, we also need a new owner who is very shouty, extremely cross all the time - preferably incandescent with rage - to shout at everyone in the club, the media and even passers by for good measure.

new owner to ban the woman's team. In fact ban women from Tynecastle.

and close down all non footballing activities so they can stare at our players whilst training and playing. and then shout at some office staff.

• davemclaren locked this topic