New manager incoming ( merged )

Agentjambo
4 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Did he say Budge? Surely it would be done by Savage or RN?

Seems we should all know who does it.

14 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Er, no.  See Berra for an example.

I’m guessing Berra isn’t going to be involved in the remaining games though.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smith's right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Dia Liom
12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Seems we should all know who does it.

I’m guessing Berra isn’t going to be involved in the remaining games though.

Was he on the bench last week?  RN said it'd been decided for a while anyway, and I'm sure other players will be 99% sure their time is up, even if it isn't set in stone yet.

Tbh, it's not a sufficient excuse, as managers still need to get performances out of players that are leaving, only on loan, or whatever.  However, our squad is in a terrible state, so I have sympathy for the current management.

ford donald
10 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

The club gets thousands of e-mails and letters each week. There is no capacity at the club to answer them. 

Should not be a problem replying a acknowledgement,easily set up,press a button,no excuses,just ignorance.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Should not be a problem replying a acknowledgement,easily set up,press a button,no excuses,just ignorance.

It’s just an excuse to avoid replying to legitimate complaints.

Mrs Mangle treating everyone with contempt, as usual. 

Pele_Is_God

McCann has ruled himself out of the ICT job on a permanent basis.

Bongo 1874
3 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

McCann has ruled himself out of the ICT job on a permanent basis.

Looking very likely Robbie will be manager next season anyway, is Robbie Deas out of contract in the summer or did yous give him a new contract?. 

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

That's good news.

If having the fans on his case was a factor in Rob leaving last time, it's about 100 times worse this time.

Your post raises hopes of a repeat performance. 👍

Fingers crossed like 🤞🏻😂

3 hours ago, jambonian said:

If you think Neilson left because of a plane flying over Tynecastle then that's delusional thinking and shows him as a weak individual. Surely he would've wanted to stay and prove the plane-fliers wrong and to give them a "get-it-right-up-ye!" no!?

I believe he thought he'd taken Hearts as far as he could. Yes, he might've wanted a new challenge but if he'd hung around a few more weeks he could've possibly had the choice of a few clubs. Managers are always getting sacked down south, he could've held on and waited until a better club came in for him but, he didn't. He got out of Tynecastle at the first club to flash their keks at him. You also have to ask why the fans wanted him to leave. I was in Tynecastle week-on-week and almost every game at full-time fans (not all) booed the performances. We lost quite a few points late on due to poor keep-what-we-have substitutions rather than going all out to get that extra goal to take the pressure off. Also, there was no big hoo-haa or outrage by fans or even media when he did leave. He done nothing at MK Dons and he was soon given the bullet. Dundee Utd fans wanted rid of him for over a year, the most common complaint/moan was that the football is "shite and dull" (Where have we heard that before). Once again i didn't hear any outrage when he walked out on them to come back to Tynecastle. 

All Robbie needed to do was learn from past mistakes, change his style of play to an attractive one instead of this side-to-side, tippy-tappy stuff with little to no excitement. He walks into opposition managers' traps nearly every week and struggles to break teams down. 

I don't think he left because of the plane, but I think an offer came in and he knew he wasnt wanted because of that and a number of other actions the fans had taken, so he took it. My point is only that to call him a traitor or to hold it against him in any way for leaving is wrong because we tried to drive him out! He gave us what we wanted! 

Agree with everything else you've said though, he's proven himself to be quite a pish manager. 

Albert McFly
4 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Your telling me budge has told players they aren’t wanted? Wouldn’t the normal thing be to tell them after the season was finished?

She hasn't he has.......that's normal in football the majority were told in December to try and shift them but most aren't going anywhere while they get 100% wages for sitting around. problem with this forum is most people live a fantasy land thinking we'll have a new manager next year

Hashimoto
9 hours ago, Albert McFly said:

She hasn't he has.......that's normal in football the majority were told in December to try and shift them but most aren't going anywhere while they get 100% wages for sitting around. problem with this forum is most people live a fantasy land thinking we'll have a new manager next year

That's the irony!

Imagine this group of players being told by this clown of a manager that they weren't good enough to be at Hearts!
They must have pi$$ed themselves laughing when the fraud broke the news to them.

I would imagine that the most likely scenario was that the players whose contracts end at the end of this season would be screaming at their agents to get them out of this sh*tshow.
The others, as you allude to with a year or two left will probably ride out Neilson's anti football, snorefest!

However, the likelihood is that Neilson is the one that is done!.....Lost the dressing room, lost the fans.....Not really much going for him...Budge will act sooner rather than later....She cannot afford not to!

Edited by Hashimoto
Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Why am I getting texts from mates saying Alex Neil is incoming?  Have I missed something or is this just wishful thinking and gossip?

jamboman9
4 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Why am I getting texts from mates saying Alex Neil is incoming?  Have I missed something or is this just wishful thinking and gossip?

Don't think you've missed anything.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
1 minute ago, jamboman9 said:

Don't think you've missed anything.

He fits the type of guy we need to move us forward for sure

Pans Jambo

This thread will be like the "Rise and fall of the SNP" thread in the Shed.

It'll go on for years and nothing will change.

Albert McFly
18 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Unfortunately they have read the fantasy on here, he's here to stay whether it's liked or not.......but be careful you'll get called a hibs fan for talking about it 

Bongo 1874
20 hours ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Deas is signed up until end of 22/23 season.

Good player definitely someone Hearts should be looking at 👍

All the best 👍

tynewater

If we fail to get promoted this season, Robbie will be gone. If we do get promoted, he'll be manager at the start of next season. Simples....

Agentjambo

Just a quick reminder of what a manager should be like...Pep on Bielsa 

• 2 weeks later...
Hendolad

Ok following up from my open post on this page (I said to my son after that I wouldn't post again) Robbie or whatever you want to call him will leave the club within a fortnight.New manager is in place and between him and Savage signing targets have been identified.

If our manager isn't gone by then I will close my Kickback account down.as before believe what you want but I thought this may be of some interest. 

heartsfc_fan
Just now, Hendolad said:

Ok following up from my open post on this page (I said to my son after that I wouldn't post again) Robbie or whatever you want to call him will leave the club within a fortnight.New manager is in place and between him and Savage signing targets have been identified.

If our manager isn't gone by then I will close my Kickback account down.as before believe what you want but I thought this may be of some interest. 

Fair enough

Jambo92
2 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

Whats new managers name?

Tambo_The_Jambo
Just now, Jambo92 said:

Whats new managers name?

Bob Neilson 

Paul Shark
2 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

A club legend told a guy I work for the same thing at a golf outing last Friday so 🤞

Jambo92
Just now, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Bob Neilson 

Nobbie Realson 

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

Well, at least you have stuck to guns. Let's wait and see what happens. 

martoon
17 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

Your username, a son, claiming inside knowledge...

I'm starting to believe.

Please be right, bud.

jambogirlglasgow

Please, please be true.

I really don’t want to give up my season ticket but I cannot watch this anymore. 
Please...

blairdin
2 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

I’d buy a ST if it’s true. 

Hopefully the penny has dropped with Mrs Budge that 13,000 of us will pile in and do the same. 

Jambof3tornado
27 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

Gives us hope!

For what its worth I do believe Neilson is finished. Bringing him back was a gamble in more ways than one, the lesser gamble was his ability to win the league,the big gamble was winning the fans over and presenting a decent brand of football on the park.

Good riddance when he goes.

Tommy Brown
28 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Bob Neilson 

Neily Robson

BarneyBattles
33 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

It is of interest and cheers for putting your neck on the line. No need to delete your account if it doesn’t happen though. 

For what it’s worth, I think Neilson looks resigned to the fact he’s not going to be here for much longer. 

Tommy Brown
36 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/M5hDXfgiyBtY44PN9

mitch41
37 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

Please Please be right I beg you please be right.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Hendolad said:

Hope you’re right. No need to leave if not though. 

Alex Neil is keen. 

Very keen. 

As is McInnes sadly 🙁

allystrachan

I did think that a few weeks back with the league almost won, that Budge would let Neilson see out the season. I’m still hopeful that the week after the season finishes Robbie will leave by mutual consent (hopefully we get a better deal than if we had sacked him a few weeks back), a new manager will be announced & then season tickets will go on sale. 

TheBigO
12 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Alex Neil is keen. 

Very keen. 

As is McInnes sadly 🙁

Ooh shit just got interesting

(and worrying re McInnes!)

If it's a straight choice, surely Neil the only option

Class of 75
24 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Alex Neil is keen. 

Very keen. 

As is McInnes sadly 🙁

Would prefer Neil but anyone is an upgrade on Neilson, even Mr Blobby

fast_blood
32 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Alex Neil is keen. 

Very keen. 

As is McInnes sadly 🙁

Good to know they are keen but what i'm more keen on knowing is that Neilson is definitely heading for the exit. 

If Neilson is still in charge next season I won’t be buying a season ticket.

if DM or AN are I most certainly will be. 

my stance on it is that simple. Regardless of if RN can get us a top 6 finish (cause we know that will be their target) I can’t go through another year of moaning every Saturday at his style of play and lack of leadership. 

for the record whatever happens I won’t be cancelling my subscription to Hearts Fc 

Cut The Crap

It might explain the awful performances in recent games. It doesn’t explain why Robbie thinks he is putting together a list of signing targets for next season.

TypoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

It might explain the awful performances in recent games. It doesn’t explain why Robbie thinks he is putting together a list of signing targets for next season.

He did say a list has been made.  He didn't say who's list it was.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Alex Neil is keen. 

Very keen. 

As is McInnes sadly 🙁

I take it you've had a chat with both of them

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I take it you've had a chat with both of them

You can be facetious (look it up 🙂) all you like. I could say more about what I know from a impeccable source but there you go. 

Newton51

Anyone but him...

said we were going all out in the last few games and going out in style then produce that shitshow. 

TypoonJambo

I know who I believe. Please make this true. I guess the best timing would be to part company post Raith next week. What concerns me though is, if these players are itk about a new manager incoming, there's little evidence that,as would be expected, they are working their arses of to keep their places.

• davemclaren locked this topic