• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Space Mackerel

• Ainsley Harriott

• Konrad von Carstein

Jeffros Furios
34 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No voting Brexiteers are the poster boy Britnat Scots born traitors, who have the cheek to class The SNP/NS as a dictatorship when they vote for(And make themselves weaker)a Boris lead Tory government, who will refuse to sign off on a referendum, the Scottish people will most definitely vote for. Strange people, but if democracy for Scots is no longer viable, don't go greeting when darkness appears. 

BURN THEM ALL ! 

If the unionist had any belief that Scotland would vote nothis time, they'd be pushing for referendum which would then put the SNP out of business. But they know they're finished and now want to fully annex Scotland. 

If the unionist had any belief that Scotland would vote no this time, they'd be pushing for a referendum, which would then put the SNP out of business. But they know they're finished and now want to fully annex Scotland. 

Edited by ri Alban

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The guy is the most intolerant poster on here and **** me that is saying something.

An indy at any cost militant suffering from acute tunnel vision and lack of critical thinking. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

If the unionist had any belief that Scotland would vote no this time, they'd be pushing for a referendum, which would then put the SNP out of business. But they know they're finished and now want to fully annex Scotland. 

And have our fate decided by Chinese, Poles, Albanians etc?

George Galloway nails it.  The captain of our national football team (Robertson) would not be elligable to vote but the captain of the Lithuanian football team would.

Does that sound like nationalism to you aussie?

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

George Galloway nails it.  The captain of our national football team (Robertson) would not be elligable to vote but the captain of the Lithuanian football team would.

Nice bit of racism there but not unexpected. Of course Aussieh is just as big a racist imo and would harm the independence cause if anyone actually took his rants seriously.

Anyway, everyone living in Scotland gets the vote. Last time that stopped our independence as non-Scots voted overwhelmingly no but we want our country to be inclusive so we will never have a vote just for "true Scots"

10 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Nice bit of racism there but not unexpected. Of course Aussieh is just as big a racist imo and would harm the independence cause if anyone actually took his rants seriously.

Anyway, everyone living in Scotland gets the vote. Last time that stopped our independence as non-Scots voted overwhelmingly no but we want our country to be inclusive so we will never have a vote just for "true Scots"

Your entire existance on this forum is calling people racists.  I hope you are not like that in real life man and I certainly hope you don't say it to the wrong person face to face one day.  It really is not a nice word to throw around.  I get the feeling however, behind a keyboard and with the typed word under a pseudonym is as far as you take your accusations however.

As for calling me it, well I don't really care anymore.  The word has been so devalued over the years due to people like you.  In reality, I believe every single human on the planet has racism in them.  Some more so than others.  Eastern Europeans and the Chinese for example imo are more racist than most but it is not exclusive to them and unlike your parochial view on it, it is not exclusive to 'nasty whites' either.

You seem like the type of person that will not even be man enough or mature enough to dsicuss issues like immigration.  I however am and enjoy discourse on it at most appropriate opportunities.

Edited by i8hibsh

Indyref is or the people that live here, work here and pay taxes here.

People who don't live in Scotland don't get to vote.

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Indyref is or the people that live here, work here and pay taxes here.

People who don't live in Scotland don't get to vote.

So someone playing football down there on a 3 year contract does not get a vote.  Even though thay are genuine Scottish and will be back living in the country in a few years?

Edited by i8hibsh

7,000 Chinese students in Edinburgh have a say on our future but a genuine Scot who is living in Wales can't?

How anyone can say they are a proud Scot or nationalist but comes out with pish like the SNP spout are a disgrace.

Sturgeon sees everyone living in the country as Scottish.  She sees us being diluted as a good thing.

How ironic a woman she is.

The fairest way is to cast the vote to all Scottish born nationals throughout the globe.  If you were not born in Scotland you don't get the vote.

Absolute insanity that 11 months ago you had never stepped foot in Scotland and 11 months later you are getting a say in the countries future.  There is no other country on the planet that would allow this.

23 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The fairest way is to cast the vote to all Scottish born nationals throughout the globe.  If you were not born in Scotland you don't get the vote.

Absolute insanity that 11 months ago you had never stepped foot in Scotland and 11 months later you are getting a say in the countries future.  There is no other country on the planet that would allow this.

I understand your sentiment but I think it’s more ridiculous that someone who has turned their back on Scotland with no intention of returning should have more of a say over someone who has made it their home. 

Just now, gjcc said:

I understand your sentiment but I think it’s more ridiculous that someone who has turned their back on Scotland with no intention of returning should have more of a say over someone who has made it their home. 

But who is to say they will not return?

I emigrated to the USA in 1999.  I moved with the intention of staying as I shacked up with a girl from there.  2 years later I was back in Bonnie Scotland.  1 year later I spent a year in Australia and then upon my return I moved down to Bristol where I spent a year working.  In all these instances I would not have been elligable to vote in a Scottish Independence referendum under the SNPs proposal.

I now lay my hat back in Scotland but who knows what the future holds?  Scotland will always be my home and I, like every ex pat across the globe should have an open door to return and a say in the country that makes up their DNA, heritage, history and family.

Edited by i8hibsh

16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I emigrated to the USA in 1999.  I moved with the intention of staying as I shacked up with a girl from there.  2 years later I was back in Bonnie Scotland.  1 year later I spent a year in Australia and then upon my return I moved down to Bristol where I spent a year working.  In all these instances I would not have been elligable to vote in a Scottish Independence referendum under the SNPs proposal.

I now lay my hat back in Scotland but who knows what the future holds?  Scotland will always be my home and I, like every ex pat across the globe should have an open door to return and a say in the country that makes up their DNA, heritage, history and family.

I bet you were strutting round America in a cowboy hat calling yourself Yankee doodle, telling all that you were an American because you live there and demanding a vote

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

You have posted some amount of horse hooey in the past but that bit of xenophobic tosh and the support of anything that bigot Galloway says shows you up (even further) as a contrarian spamming troll.

dobmisterdobster

I don't live in Scotland and haven't for many years.

I do not expect to have a vote in Holyrood or any referendum. That would be silly.

Giving Scottish exiles a vote would be incredibly tricky. There is no Scottish citizenship. What would be the criteria?

48 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I don't live in Scotland and haven't for many years.

I do not expect to have a vote in Holyrood or any referendum. That would be silly.

Giving Scottish exiles a vote would be incredibly tricky. There is no Scottish citizenship. What would be the criteria?

Possession of a "See you Jimmy" hat with photographic evidence?

I agree with you by the way. I think that we have to limit any vote on the future of Scotland to those who live there. It is they who will be living in that future Scotland. And it can't be limited to people who have lived there for a certain time because that's immediately saying to some folk that they're not treated as equal "citizens" (although I recognise your comment above on the concept) in Scotland, and that is not a good message to be putting over.

28 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Possession of a "See you Jimmy" hat with photographic evidence?

I agree with you by the way. I think that we have to limit any vote on the future of Scotland to those who live there. It is they who will be living in that future Scotland. And it can't be limited to people who have lived there for a certain time because that's immediately saying to some folk that they're not treated as equal "citizens" (although I recognise your comment above on the concept) in Scotland, and that is not a good message to be putting over.

This is our issue. A Scottish issue. No one else should be involved. Chinese students, Poles, Romanians, Indians. Just Scottish people. To me, all these people are welcome but they are not Scottish regardless of what wee nippy says. We owe them nothing, certainly not a vote of this magnitude.

38 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It is they who will be living in that future Scotland.

Says who? Many will leave and many Scots abroad will move back.

Stendelnator

Is it fair that someone who moved here from Pakistan forty years ago wouldn’t get a vote on a referendum but someone born here 40 years ago who moved to Australia would?

That’s the logic you’re proposing. 

Just now, Stendelnator said:

Is it fair that someone who moved here from Pakistan forty years ago wouldn’t get a vote on a referendum but someone born here 40 years ago who moved to Australia would?

That’s the logic you’re proposing. 

Why do you assume when I say Scottish people I exclude someone from Pakistan who has lived here for decades and no doubt raised a family here. At no point did I say that. 

When you watch the Euros in the summer and you see Scotland line up and sing the anthem. Just think that Sturgeon does not want the majority of them to vote in a referendum as they live in England. Alfredo Morelos would get a vote though.

Does that not seem rather ****ed up to you?

Swahili Jambo
37 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

This is our issue. A Scottish issue. No one else should be involved. Chinese students, Poles, Romanians, Indians. Just Scottish people. To me, all these people are welcome but they are not Scottish regardless of what wee nippy says. We owe them nothing, certainly not a vote of this magnitude.

So you would exclude all non Scots from voting, including the biggest group living in Scotland  i.e. English.  

His name is
11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Being a patriot and a true nationalist I will not be voting SNP.  I am sick to death of globalism, diversity obsession, political correctness, labels, identity politics, mass migration, special privileges, religion, BLM, diversity quotas, Independence obsession, Covid, the Hate Crime Bill, Brexit fighters and the ****ing EU.

I want a government who without the slightest exception put the interests of those who are from this country first.  I want to celebrate who we are, apologise for absolutely nothing and give as much freedoms to our people as we possibly can.  Free speach to mean 'free speach' - regardless how hard it is to hear.

The people of Scotland, Wales and Ebngland shall be heard before NO OTHER, and everyhting we do as a government MUST be in the interests of those who are from here.

I want a strict 1 strike and you are out policy to those who come in and everyone who comes in must be able to benefit our country and our people.  no freeloaders and no criminals.

I want ZERO TOLERANCE for crime, I want more jails and more police on our streets.

Our police will chase REAL crime and protect and serve our people.  They must be treated as the law, they are the law!

If you are going to behave, work hard and integrate then I would wlecome absolute anyone.  But this is our country, if you do not like how we do things then you are free not to come and to leave.

I want a meritocrasy.  The best person foir the job should get it.  Sex, age, gender and race will never even be brought into the conversation.

All this been said, there is not one politcal party that will give us anything near to this, so tactical it is in order to get rid of the SNP.

BsN3koVCMAI_dIV.jpg

manaliveits105
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

When you watch the Euros in the summer and you see Scotland line up and sing the anthem. Just think that Sturgeon does not want the majority of them to vote in a referendum as they live in England. Alfredo Morelos would get a vote though.

Does that not seem rather ****ed up to you?

along with 16 year olds and prisoners what could go wrong ?

snp rancid to the core 

Greensill and the Tories, and yet the SNP is the bad guy. 

Hopefully Greensill will take that smug little prick Hancock to the Dock. 

Governor Tarkin
12 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Sturgeon sees everyone living in the country as Scottish.  She sees us being diluted as a good thing.

One of the things I actually agree with her on in a broad sense. I'm not so sure that everyone resident in Scotland at the time of a vote should be eligible for a vote, though, when we all have vastly different stakes in the outcome.

11 hours ago, JimKongUno said:

I bet you were strutting round America in a cowboy hat calling yourself Yankee doodle, telling all that you were an American because you live there and demanding a vote

:rofl:

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Hopefully Greensill will take that smug little prick Hancock to the Dock. 

Fingers crossed.

12 hours ago, XB52 said:

I'd like to see an agreed upon definition of "true Scots". Personally I don't think there can be one.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

55 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'd like to see an agreed upon definition of "true Scots". Personally I don't think there can be one.

I agree and that's why the SG decided that everyone living in Scotland has the right to decide the future of their country

13 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Your entire existance on this forum is calling people racists.  I hope you are not like that in real life man and I certainly hope you don't say it to the wrong person face to face one day.  It really is not a nice word to throw around.  I get the feeling however, behind a keyboard and with the typed word under a pseudonym is as far as you take your accusations however.

As for calling me it, well I don't really care anymore.  The word has been so devalued over the years due to people like you.  In reality, I believe every single human on the planet has racism in them.  Some more so than others.  Eastern Europeans and the Chinese for example imo are more racist than most but it is not exclusive to them and unlike your parochial view on it, it is not exclusive to 'nasty whites' either.

You seem like the type of person that will not even be man enough or mature enough to dsicuss issues like immigration.  I however am and enjoy discourse on it at most appropriate opportunities.

Bloody hell, words fail me. Bye

7 hours ago, Swahili Jambo said:

So you would exclude all non Scots from voting, including the biggest group living in Scotland  i.e. English.  

No, just the yellow brown and black ones

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I agree and that's why the SG decided that everyone living in Scotland has the right to decide the future of their country

Sorry bud, but somebody passing through on a 4 year degree course, it isn't their country, and I'd resent them choosing a future for my family in which they have no stake. 

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Sorry bud, but somebody passing through on a 4 year degree course, it isn't their country, and I'd resent them choosing a future for my family in which they have no stake. 

I can understand your point and, in an ideal world, maybe there could be a minimum length of stay before allowing a vote of any kind but I just can't see that ever happening. The SNP is all about being an inclusive national party

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The SNP is all about being an inclusive national party

I get that, and I'm broadly onboard with it, but I've lived and worked in several countries over the years, and at no point would I have felt unnecessarilly excluded had I found myself ineligible to cast a vote which may impact the lives and prospects of the locals long after I'd toddled off home to my wee bit hill and glen. 

Under what circumstances does a drive for inclusiveness actually exclude the interests of an indigenous majority?

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I prefer the Scottish Government’s inclusive approach. 

My Dutch wife has lived here since 1998, has settled status, owns property, has two British kids, has paid taxes from day one and will never be able to vote in a general election. 

That’s ****ed up. 

That is ****ed up, but in the case of an independence referendum I don't see how your wife and a transient resident are in any way comparable. 

Edit. In any sort of nuanced scheme your wife should qualify under long-term resident if not indigenous resident. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Why should I vote for a new country an independent Scotland of which I was not born into yet have lived in Edinburgh all my life? 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, BarneyBattles said:

It was more about how difficult it is to set the rules on who can vote and who can’t. 

I agree that someone here to study for a few years shouldn’t be able to vote in an independence referendum but then again should my brother who has lived in England for 30 years be able to?

Anyway, think I’m still a bit pissed from last night so better get the coffee on😀

I agree it's difficult, but it needs to be debated with absolute transparency and openess before we can move forward to an actual vote. 

Sadly, I think the kind of openess that's required would be impossible without the predictable accusations of racism, cronyism, social gerrymandering, etc, which would stymie constructive dialogue. 

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Anyway, think I’m still a bit pissed from last night so better get the coffee on😀

DP. 

P.S. Enjoy the coffee :)

3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

One of the things I actually agree with her on in a broad sense.

Do you mean us all 'being Scottish' GT?

Getting by the probability that they themsleves wont class themselves as Scottish this is dangerous territory.  To give these people (those who live in Scotland but have zero blood or connections to Scotland) the same recognition as 'bona fide' Scots we are furnishing them with all the privileges we deserve but they simply do not.

I don't mean they get treated like second class citizens, of course not,  they should be treated with all human rights and freedoms we are (or at least were) fortunate to have.  However, they should not receive any form of financial benefits they have not earned, they should not queue jump under any circumstances, their cultural values, ideologies and beliefs get left at the door.  This is our country, like it or **** off.

This is pretty standard in most coutnries (almost certainly the countries they come from) so not sure anyone would take issue with this.

I am sick of adapting to please others, we owe them nothing, they owe us.  It is their privilege, not ours.

And people will take exception to this but our government should prioritise those born here before someone who has just arrived and who will leave after their stuidies are over etc.  Life seems to be one big one way street to many. 

Edited by i8hibsh

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I agree it's difficult, but it needs to be debated with absolute transparency and openess before we can move forward to an actual vote. 

Sadly, I think the kind of openess that's required would be impossible without the predictable accusations of racism, cronyism, social gerrymandering, etc, which would stymie constructive dialogue. 

Sadly, as proved on here we can't even debate it without certain cretinous individuals (they know who they are) throwing round the churlish and defamatory insults and accusations.

JudyJudyJudy
17 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

"As far as I am concerned if you live here, you are Scottish"

Said no Nationalist, ever!

LOL

it still doesnt mean to say its ok just because everyone has a " bit of racism" in them ? 

Agreed.  The vote should only be for those born in Scotland and still living here now. Not in England or anywhere else. No transient students , etc.  Its a more complex regarding people who have moved here from the EU. I would assume that they intend to stay here permanently therefore should be entitled to a vote as it will impact on their future and their family.  But how would the Govt be able to  prove that these people would want to stay here permanently ? 

4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Agreed 

4 hours ago, XB52 said:

I can understand your point and, in an ideal world, maybe there could be a minimum length of stay before allowing a vote of any kind but I just can't see that ever happening. The SNP is all about being an inclusive national party

all about " inclusive" as long as you vote for them 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

it still doesnt mean to say its ok just because everyone has a " bit of racism" in them ? 

Most definitely not, but these sanctimonious people who shout "racist" at every opportunity need to look in the mirror.  I also only hear the term 'racist' and the overwhelming obsession and desperation to call it out in about 5 countries in the world.  Do these people think there is no racism in Africa or Asia?

all about " inclusive" as long as you vote for them 

The SNP are the most EXCLUSIVE party on the party - they can shout about how inclusive they are but this is a closed door party who only care about it's own members and those who sial in their ship.  I also ask anyone who demands inclusivity why.  Why must everything be inclusive?

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Most definitely not, but these sanctimonious people who shout "racist" at every opportunity need to look in the mirror.  I also only hear the term 'racist' and the overwhelming obsession and desperation to call it out in about 5 countries in the world.  Do these people think there is no racism in Africa or Asia?

The SNP are the most EXCLUSIVE party on the party - they can shout about how inclusive they are but this is a closed door party who only care about it's own members and those who sial in their ship.  I also ask anyone who demands inclusivity why.  Why must everything be inclusive?

Agreed on both.  Yes try having a debate on their SNP facebook and you will get torn apart....its despicable. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Agreed on both.  Yes try having a debate on their SNP facebook and you will get torn apart....its despicable. 

Their type do not debate.  They just recite their mantras and textbooks and if anyone disagrees they close up shop and refuse to 'give a platform to racists'.  Or also of course, accuse you of not being Scottish or European.

These imbeciles actually think we created our own continent when we left the EU.  They do not seem to understand that there are over 50 countries in Europe and only 27 are now in the EU.

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Sadly, as proved on here we can't even debate it without certain cretinous individuals (they know who they are) throwing round the churlish and defamatory insults and accusations.

Your lack of self awareness is hilarious!

I normally enjoy your swimming against the flow schtick...but you have been a poor parody of yourself these last couple of days.