Scottish Parliament Elections tactical voting guide

Nucky Thompson

If the latest polls are to believed it looks like Alba and Afu will cancel each other out so SNP and greens will have the independence "supermajority" and Salmond and Galloway will get nothing. Long way to go though

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Space Mackerel

• Ainsley Harriott

• Konrad von Carstein

Ainsley Harriott
44 minutes ago, XB52 said:

If the latest polls are to believed it looks like Alba and Afu will cancel each other out so SNP and greens will have the independence "supermajority" and Salmond and Galloway will get nothing. Long way to go though

Can't wait for the meltdown when Boris refuses a section 30 and points out Scotland had its referendum. Catalonia without the sunshine 

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Can't wait for the meltdown when Boris refuses a section 30 and points out Scotland had its referendum. Catalonia without the sunshine 

Theres a "I've thrown the towel in" post if ever I've seen one :lol:

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Theres a "I've thrown the towel in" post if ever I've seen one :lol:

Just being realistic. You will have an indy majority in parliament but cant see indy ref 2 anytime soon

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Just being realistic. You will have an indy majority in parliament but cant see indy ref 2 anytime soon

1 Opinion

Wrong opinion

(In my opinion)

SNP vote 1

Id like to vote Labour vote 2 because I like what Anas Sarwar is saying. I'd also like to vote Green, because I like wee Paddy. I'm strongly pulled to the Alba party as it makes sense on independence, but I'm struggling to even think about voting for the ex GLS. I've a few weeks tho,  to stick enough cotton buds up ma snib, so I can keep away the smell if I do. 

Oh and George Galloway can seriously get him self to ****. An IRA loving, Green brigade enthusiast, UK enemy worshiping sleaze bag, who was pro EU in 2014, who changed his mind to brexit and now is a fully fledged member of Britaindom.  He's an absolute joke and even anti independence folk on here and in the wider UK must look on him with disdain. 

I actually despise the prick, now. 

Edited by ri Alban

doctor jambo
On 08/04/2021 at 10:17, manaliveits105 said:

Indeed more smoke and mirrors its all about showboating and actually little substance with sturgeon and the snp 

What it means is it costs the NHS £10 for paracetamol the person could have bought for £2.

JudyJudyJudy
On 09/04/2021 at 11:57, Ainsley Harriott said:

Yes this is where the problem will be. If he refuses the section 30 she will just go ahead with an illegal Ref.  The Yes will win it because No voters wont vote in it due to its validity. She will then declare Independence and all hell will break out really cause it wont be a " legal" ref. Its quite worrying really what may happen from this.  If Boris is smart ( he isnt though). He should agree to it . Call her bluff because there is no way it will be a Yes due to covid and the current even worse economic situation than in 2014.  Nicola doesnt actually want a ref as she knows its curtains for her and the SNP if she loses.  I would expect of Boris agrees to one there is an agreement that there will not be another ref for at least 20 years or the like. 

Boris would be a complete idiot to refuse it.

The Scottish Parliament will have voted for it, acting on the instructions of the Scottish people who elected the membership of the Scottish Parliament.

If Boris wants to spark the biggest constitutional crisis the UK has seen since Ireland left, he should go right ahead.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Cade said:

Boris would be a complete idiot to refuse it.

The Scottish Parliament will have voted for it, acting on the instructions of the Scottish people who elected the membership of the Scottish Parliament.

If Boris wants to spark the biggest constitutional crisis the UK has seen since Ireland left, he should go right ahead.

Thats why he will agree to it.  Much to the chagrin ( privately ofcourse) Of Nicola and many others in the party.  it certainly will be tick tock but not in the way they wanted it.  Like i said few years back lets wait a good 10 / 15 years for another Indy but that seems to have fallen on deaf ears due to the relentless hysteria of the Indy nutters( i i mean the thick as mince ones) 

Roxy Hearts
22 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes this is where the problem will be. If he refuses the section 30 she will just go ahead with an illegal Ref.  The Yes will win it because No voters wont vote in it due to its validity. She will then declare Independence and all hell will break out really cause it wont be a " legal" ref. Its quite worrying really what may happen from this.  If Boris is smart ( he isnt though). He should agree to it . Call her bluff because there is no way it will be a Yes due to covid and the current even worse economic situation than in 2014.  Nicola doesnt actually want a ref as she knows its curtains for her and the SNP if she loses.  I would expect of Boris agrees to one there is an agreement that there will not be another ref for at least 20 years or the like. 

Claim of right. Scottish people are sovereign not subjects! Don't need a section 30. If this goes to court the Scottish people would win not Westminster dogma or made up sections. What a joke Britain is.

I think they will let it happen as they know this and are just playing the Westminster way! I think Yes would lose, unfortunately. People believe too much propaganda and not enough are engaged with it. IMO.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Claim of right. Scottish people are sovereign not subjects! Don't need a section 30. If this goes to court the Scottish people would win not Westminster dogma or made up sections. What a joke Britain is.

I think they will let it happen as they know this and are just playing the Westminster way! I think Yes would lose, unfortunately. People believe too much propaganda and not enough are engaged with it. IMO.

Yes I think your right as the propaganda will be even more ramped up than 2014 with so much emphasis on Corona  virus and how " we" as a nation fought it as " one nation" and ofcourse the economic argument which was the achiles heel of the SNP last Indy will be more of a leg then a heel next time around. 

Nucky Thompson

If the SNP and Greens get more than 50% of the votes cast between them, then fair enough, Bojo should grant another referendum.

If Unionist parties get more than 50% of the votes cast between them, then they can bolt.

dobmisterdobster
20 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

What it means is it costs the NHS £10 for paracetamol the person could have bought for £2.

I see posters in doctor's surgeries discouraging patients from requesting paracetamol on prescription.

Why doesn't the doctor just say "No! Go to b&m and buy a packet for 30p."

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I see posters in doctor's surgeries discouraging patients from requesting paracetamol on prescription.

Why doesn't the doctor just say "No! Go to b&m and buy a packet for 30p."

He needs to pay for his life of luxury. Percentage is his middle name. 

Roxy Hearts
3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If the SNP and Greens get more than 50% of the votes cast between them, then fair enough, Bojo should grant another referendum.

If Unionist parties get more than 50% of the votes cast between them, then they can bolt.

The unionist parties have no policies for Scotland. Tories are no Indy ref 2, Labour are Labour and the Libs Dems are a watery version of the other two! 

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The tories only won 43% of the vote but still brought brexit upon the 4 corners of the UK. Should they have been told to bolt or is Scotland a special case. 

Nucky Thompson
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The tories only won 43% of the vote but still brought brexit upon the 4 corners of the UK. Should they have been told to bolt or is Scotland a special case. 

There was more than 43% that voted for brexit though. Loads of Labour voters in the north of England

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There was more than 43% that voted for brexit though. Loads of Labour voters in the north of England

And? Wales and England voted leave Scotland and NI voted remain. The UK is 4 nations, not 1 nation. And EU membership was guaranteed to the Scottish if they voted no. The EU ref was only promised in 2015, so Scotland didn't know there was any question on leaving the EU. So let's ask Scotland again if the want to stay in the UK. Its only fair. No one is questioning England and Wales leaving the EU, the democratically voted to leave, Scotland didn't. 

I totally agree that it's too early for another referendum.

SNP may not even call one.
Even if they do get either a single party majority or Independence-minded parties get another majority coalition.

I reckon we need to be polling strongly 60/40 in favour before calling one.

Can't risk fecking it up again.

And Brexit hasn't even begun to bite yet.

Things are only going to get worse, bolstering Independence in Scotland.

Westminster may throw cash at Scotland.

This is also a good thing. English nationalists get enraged by their taxes being given to the Scottish Government. Scottish Government gets more cash to enact more legislation to improve the lives of the people that live here and continue to move further away from the rest of the UK in all respects.

indianajones
6 minutes ago, Cade said:

Even if they do get either a single party majority or Independence-minded parties get another majority coalition.

This is also a good thing. English nationalists get enraged by their taxes being given to the Scottish Government. Scottish Government gets more cash to enact more legislation to improve the lives of the people that live here and continue to move further away from the rest of the UK in all respects.

Good.

I get enraged by Scottish natural resources getting shipped for a pittance to foreign private companies. 

Get permission from the Scottish population, then hold it when the time is right post pandemic. 

August :jambobanana:

8 hours ago, Cade said:

You know this is what's turning people away/Getting people frustrated from/by the SNP. They're the independence party, not the devolved government party. They should not be focused on administration in Scotland with one hand tied behind their back. Independence or GTF and let someone else do it. This May, is the SNP's last shot at it before something like Alba takes over. Which might not be a good thing. 

Edited by ri Alban

manaliveits105

Did the fish not understand that the cross examination of the other leaders wasn’t an opportunity to have a go at Westminster by giving her pet minion a couple of primed questions but to delve into the Greens policies ?

Hopefully the Greens get a good doing at the polls 

JudyJudyJudy

This debate is almost as laughable as the classic Lamont v Sturgeon debate a few years back . They were like two washed women arguing about whos turn it was to clean the stair 😂

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

This debate is almost as laughable as the classic Lamont v Sturgeon debate a few years back . They were like two washed women arguing about whos turn it was to clean the stair 😂

You would be better watching Corrie on ITV England

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You would be better watching Corrie on ITV England

I am only watching it as it’s almost a comedy 🎭 haven’t watched Corrie in over 20 years 

Being a patriot and a true nationalist I will not be voting SNP.  I am sick to death of globalism, diversity obsession, political correctness, labels, identity politics, mass migration, special privileges, religion, BLM, diversity quotas, Independence obsession, Covid, the Hate Crime Bill, Brexit fighters and the ****ing EU.

I want a government who without the slightest exception put the interests of those who are from this country first.  I want to celebrate who we are, apologise for absolutely nothing and give as much freedoms to our people as we possibly can.  Free speach to mean 'free speach' - regardless how hard it is to hear.

The people of Scotland, Wales and Ebngland shall be heard before NO OTHER, and everyhting we do as a government MUST be in the interests of those who are from here.

I want a strict 1 strike and you are out policy to those who come in and everyone who comes in must be able to benefit our country and our people.  no freeloaders and no criminals.

I want ZERO TOLERANCE for crime, I want more jails and more police on our streets.

Our police will chase REAL crime and protect and serve our people.  They must be treated as the law, they are the law!

If you are going to behave, work hard and integrate then I would wlecome absolute anyone.  But this is our country, if you do not like how we do things then you are free not to come and to leave.

I want a meritocrasy.  The best person foir the job should get it.  Sex, age, gender and race will never even be brought into the conversation.

All this been said, there is not one politcal party that will give us anything near to this, so tactical it is in order to get rid of the SNP.

Edited by i8hibsh

14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Being a patriot and a true nationalist I will not be voting SNP.  I am sick to death of globalism, diversity obsession, political correctness, labels, identity politics, mass migration, special privileges, religion, BLM, diversity quotas, Independence obsession, Covid, the Hate Crime Bill, Brexit fighters and the ****ing EU.

I want a government who without the slightest exception put the interests of those who are from this country first.  I want to celebrate who we are, apologise for absolutely nothing and give as much freedoms to our people as we possibly can.  Free speach to mean 'free speach' - regardless how hard it is to hear.

The people of Scotland, Wales and Ebngland shall be heard before NO OTHER, and everyhting we do as a government MUST be in the interests of those who are from here.

I want a strict 1 strike and you are out policy to those who come in and everyone who comes in must be able to benefit our country and our people.  no freeloaders and no criminals.

I want ZERO TOLERANCE for crime, I want more jails and more police on our streets.

Our police will chase REAL crime and protect and serve our people.  They must be treated as the law, they are the law!

If you are going to behave, work hard and integrate then I would wlecome absolute anyone.  But this is our country, if you do not like how we do things then you are free not to come and to leave.

I want a meritocrasy.  The best person foir the job should get it.  Sex, age, gender and race will never even be brought into the conversation.

All this been said, there is not one politcal party that will give us anything near to this, so tactical it is in order to get rid of the SNP.

😁😁😁😁 

Just now, pablo said:

Who are you voting for then @i8hibsh? Assuming you don't mind saying if you're casting a tactical vote.

I vowed I would never vote blue again but alas....

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I vowed I would never vote blue again but alas....

Edinburgh Central?

JudyJudyJudy
57 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

That was some tirade...I enjoyed reading it though dont necessarily agree with it. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Ill be voting Labour 1 and 2 

Labour need to sort their shit out as this country and indeed the whole of the UK require a strong labour.  I'd never vote them but what we are seeing in Scotland now shows how unhealthy a one party state can be.

Strong opposition is absolutely vital in a democracy.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Labour need to sort their shit out as this country and indeed the whole of the UK require a strong labour.  I'd never vote them but what we are seeing in Scotland now shows how unhealthy a one party state can be.

Strong opposition is absolutely vital in a democracy.

j just feel they are best of a bad bunch. I hate all politicians so will reluctantly vote. Also my local <l

Labour MSP helped me with an issue late last year so its pay back time for him.  

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Me too, Edinburgh East?

No Edinburgh Southern 

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

j just feel they are best of a bad bunch. I hate all politicians so will reluctantly vote. Also my local <l

Labour MSP helped me with an issue late last year so its pay back time for him.  

As those who know me know I was a staunch Tory and have voted nothing but Tory since the mid 90s when I was first eligible to vote.  This past year however has changed my thinking and outlook on many things, namely my mistrust for government.  Ideally I would not give the Tories the steam of my piss nowadays or indeed any mainstream political party but sadly, needs must right now as I am wathcing this country morph into a dictatorship.

Edited by i8hibsh

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, i8hibsh said:

As those who know me know I was a staunch Tory and have voted nothing but Tory since the mid 90s when I was first eligible to vote.  This past year however has chnaged my thinking and outlook on many things, namely my mistrust for government.  Ideally I would not give the Tories the steam of my piss nowafays or indeed any mainstream political party but sadly, needs must right now as I am wathcing this country morph into a dictatorship.

Ive went the same way with the SNP as used to support them. But thats over now. Similar reasons to you. 

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

As those who know me know I was a staunch Tory and have voted nothing but Tory since the mid 90s when I was first eligible to vote.  This past year however has changed my thinking and outlook on many things, namely my mistrust for government.  Ideally I would not give the Tories the steam of my piss nowadays or indeed any mainstream political party but sadly, needs must right now as I am wathcing this country morph into a dictatorship.

Yeah, that WM lot really struggle to do as they please. Hypocrite. 

Just be honest and tell everyone you're an anti Scottish Britnat. 

Anyway tick Tock Traitors. 

13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Yeah, that WM lot really struggle to do as they please. Hypocrite. 

Just be honest and tell everyone you're an anti Scottish Britnat. 

Anyway tick Tock Traitors. 

Anti Scottish

:facepalm:

I'm a Scottish patriot man.  Unlike the SNP I am also a nationalist.  A true, by definition nationalist.

No voting Brexiteers are the poster boy Britnat Scots born traitors, who have the cheek to class The SNP/NS as a dictatorship when they vote for(And make themselves weaker)a Boris lead Tory government, who will refuse to sign off on a referendum, the Scottish people will most definitely vote for. Strange people, but if democracy for Scots is no longer viable, don't go greeting when darkness appears. 

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No voting Brexiteers are the poster boy Britnat Scots born traitors, who have the cheek to class The SNP/NS as a dictatorship when they vote for(And make themselves weaker)a Boris lead Tory government, who will refuse to sign off on a referendum, the Scottish people will most definitely vote for. Strange people, but if democracy for Scots is no longer viable, don't go greeting when darkness appears. 

Natzies like you are pretty crazy tbh.

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Natzies like you are pretty crazy tbh.

The guy is the most intolerant poster on here and **** me that is saying something.