Who’s Cancelling their Monthly.

alwaysthereinspirit

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

Didn’t realise that could be done, that is a pretty appealing option for me right now, have been paying since day one but can’t support this anymore. 

Good idea and worth flagging up. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• Bazzas right boot

• iainmac

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

2 hours ago, Peebo said:

Emailing them and asking them to reduce payment to zero works. I couldn’t work out how to do that on the FOH site, and didn’t want to cancel the bank payment for that reason. I don’t want my FOH account to close, as I will resume the payment in the future (and cover the shortfall from my current pause). 

Who did you contact ? How long did you wait for a response?

30 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Who did you contact ? How long did you wait for a response?

Emailed the info@ address on the FOH website about 8 last night, got a response by lunchtime today. 

29 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Emailed the info@ address on the FOH website about 8 last night, got a response by lunchtime today. 

Thanks will let you know how I get on. Would be a good option for everyone. 

4 hours ago, ando said:

Don't cancel your debit reduce it as they may come up with some daft rule on broken service.

As long as you use the same email address Ando, your account just picks up again where you left off. 

Holyrood_Hearts

Slightly off topic on the FoH (& admittedly the timing of this comment isn’t great) but what are the FoH doing to attract new members? 

We heard from them constantly in the summer when the fans were backing the club against the demotion & everybody was  on the same side. Probably since the appointment of Neilson, there’s been a divide amongst the support & the FoH has sat quietly collecting money while offering little opinion. 

I foolishly expected them to be be reflecting on the mood of the fanbase & not copy & pasting the official club statement......

2 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Slightly off topic on the FoH (& admittedly the timing of this comment isn’t great) but what are the FoH doing to attract new members? 

We heard from them constantly in the summer when the fans were backing the club against the demotion & everybody was  on the same side. Probably since the appointment of Neilson, there’s been a divide amongst the support & the FoH has sat quietly collecting money while offering little opinion. 

I foolishly expected them to be be reflecting on the mood of the fanbase & not copy & pasting the official club statement......

Trying to get a better team and manager would be an attraction. 

8 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I'm "normal" circumstances - remember them? - the pledge numbers are tied to events on / off the field (court case). 

So, as JR said, the best recruiting sergeant is a successful side on the pitch and the feel good factor does the rest. 

To my knowledge, other than the "pledge a £1" campaign, there haven't been any others. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
7 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Indeed, with their European cash boost incoming, the DDs are important. 

Seems we have conceded we are the wee team after all 

hi again :)

we’re certainly in danger of becoming the wee team under queen ann’s dictatorship as despite hearts fans ploughing literally millions into our club the hibees have rarely had it so good

a club on its knees with their fans turning their backs in their droves until :

scottish cup dreams finally realised made extra special as gift-wrapped by neilson

queen Ann unable to contain her sense of sportingship bustling to the front of the queue to congratulate them

queen Ann cheerleading their promotion under the banner of good for edinburgh - seriously queen Ann  ☹️

european qualification a few years ago and well clear in 3rd this season

multiple results against us home and away including a couple of absolute pumpings (albeit not fully reflected in the final result) namely neilsons (so-called dead-rubber game) at Easter road surpassed by the absolute hammering that Cathros obedient submissives took in cup replay - done red raw in both occasions

and of the utmost importance their ladies team are streets ahead of ours - at least when we didn’t have one we could pretend we weren’t bothered ☹️

as for the comment regarding fans considering their positions regarding the current funds they are providing to the club plenty comments could be thrown back the other way - I highlighted in an intended comedic example about 4 years ago (bit of foresight and all that) that if queen Ann took all our contributions and spent them on office pot-plants would people continue to contribute - seems some possibly would    :lion:

Doctor FinnBarr

Mine has been paused, I'm not prepared to put up with Neilson/Budge/ Levein shite any longer. YES, Levein. I've been laughed at and ridiculed on here but that waster still has his finger in the pie. Does anyone on here really think Budge and Robot don't speak to him on a weekly/daily basis?

If he’s still here on Monday I’m stopping mine. If Budge is determined to back the manager over the fans then **** her. I feel zero guilt. She knows what to do to fix this. 

Doctor FinnBarr
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If he’s still here on Monday I’m stopping mine. If Budge is determined to back the manager over the fans then **** her. I feel zero guilt. She knows what to do to fix this. 

Thats the point though, she doesn't know how to fix it.

3 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Thats the point though, she doesn't know how to fix it.

She knows how to start to fix it. Get droopy out the door and headhunt Neil or even McInness. She’s put in a chief executive and an SD let them go and find someone if she isn’t up to it. None of this, fill in an application form and three rounds of interviews either. Just get out there and bring us back a manager who is worthy of the club. 

Edited by GinRummy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
36 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

She knows how to start to fix it. Get droopy out the door and headhunt Neil or even McInness. She’s put in a chief executive and an SD let them go and find someone if she isn’t up to it. None of this, fill in an application form and three rounds of interviews either. Just get out there and bring us back a manager who is worthy of the club. 

But she will never get it right because she knows less about football than an amoeba from Saturn and she can only cope with yes men who get a rager over her orchestra plans.

Honestly, everyone needs to give up on the idea of the leopard changing her spots. She’s been ruining us for years now and she doesn’t deserve any more chances.

I'm not cancelling. I said I was pledging for life. I would be a complete bullshitter to cancel.  

However if you never said you were pledging for life, then fair enough if you think it will benefit Hearts. I wonder if we just can't afford to sack Robbie, end of.  

11 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

I'm not cancelling. I said I was pledging for life. I would be a complete bullshitter to cancel.  

However if you never said you were pledging for life, then fair enough if you think it will benefit Hearts. I wonder if we just can't afford to sack Robbie, end of.  

She can’t continually expect to ignore the fans and expect the fans to back her. Her, not the club, the support are completely disillusioned and it’s her fault. She can do the right thing and at least partly resolve this. It’s on her and not the support. A support who have regularly went over and above that of any other support in the country. 

been here before

Im still that raging that I cancelled mine, then reinstated it just so I could cancel it again.

I now consider them to have been telt and telt again.

Its the only language they understand.

Edited by been here before

pettigrewsstylist
19 hours ago, OTT said:

The reason for the cancellations is because nothing else we can do will effect change. We can't protest and strongly worded emails/whining about it online isn't going to do anything. It didn't with Levein. So the only option available is some hopefully temporary pain to encourage the club/FOH to pay more heed to the fans that donate from the goodness of their heart every month to keeping the club going. 

If businesses start ignoring their customers, they generally don't do very well. In that same vein, if Ann thinks she can dismiss the will of circa 95% of our fan base because she thinks she knows better, then she's in for a rude awakening when next months figures come in from the FOH. 

I appreciate it may be unpalatable, but this is about putting a foot down and saying that this isn't an acceptable way to run the football club. Robbie's results this season have been utterly shocking, getting put out of both cups by part time clubs is shocking. Not only that, but the style of play and lack of youngsters involved this season haven't created any value in our demotion. We could have went back up with 3 or 4 youngsters with a full season under their belts. Instead we went away and signed unsellable journeymen like Frear and Roberts. 

Actions have reactions. Ann wants to keep Robbie? Fine, she can do that without my pledge (and many others too from the looks of things). We're being taken for idiots. 

The frustration is understood. I remember declaring i was "never going again" to my mother after Forfar put us out cup at a freezing Tynie. FOH is bigger than any of that. The memories of 2014 cant be that distant already, surely. 

23 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

Cost the club a lot mote if they don't. Have you considered pausing your pledge?

I had cancelled my D/D  but what I’ve done now is just put in another D/D but for the minimum £10.  So very much reduced, with zero top ups until this is all done. I couldn’t not contribute it was playing with my mind. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

She can’t continually expect to ignore the fans and expect the fans to back her. Her, not the club, the support are completely disillusioned and it’s her fault. She can do the right thing and at least partly resolve this. It’s on her and not the support. A support who have regularly went over and above that of any other support in the country. 

I believe that she has attempted to do the right thing at every step. Her major fault is showing too much loyalty to underperforming staff.  I completely get the nightmare scenario of her repeating the same mistake with Neilson as she made with Levein. How many of us can seriously say that we were well pissed off with the appointment of Neilson at the time?  A few dissenting  voices, the same voices that 90% of us laughed at when they supported hiring the plane when we were sitting second in the Premiership.

I've had enough of Neilson. That Brora result is unforgivable. The general play has been awful all season. Budge/ the club may not be in a financial position to get shot of him right now and replace him with the quality of manager we expect.

Reducing the income to the club may not result in the improvements everybody wants to see.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
30 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

But she will never get it right because she knows less about football than an amoeba from Saturn and she can only cope with yes men who get a rager over her orchestra plans.

Honestly, everyone needs to give up on the idea of the leopard changing her spots. She’s been ruining us for years now and she doesn’t deserve any more chances.

:spoton:

one of our most prolific posters was inferring our problems were due to continually changing the management - as usual they were miles off being correct but did recognise that changing the management was making little difference to be fair

sacking neilson is the equivalent of taking an aspirin to treat a polar bear attack where expert medical care is required to re-attach all your limbs :(

29 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

We're getting to rhe stage where we can't afford not to!

Clerry Jambo
A lot of Hearts supporters seem to miss this point: there will be a change of regime this summer. Ann Budge won’t be majority shareholder and won’t control the club day to day. Seems unfair to prejudge FoH as in that position.

31 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

We can't afford to keep robbie neilson either. She seemed to find the money to bin stendel and bring robbie in? Why can't she find the money to bin RN? Let me guess is it because she is comfortable with him? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:
A lot of Hearts supporters seem to miss this point: there will be a change of regime this summer. Ann Budge won’t be majority shareholder and won’t control the club day to day. Seems unfair to prejudge FoH as in that position.

I like Ewan’s writing and there’s no denying he’s a massive Jambo but he’s a mouthpiece for Budge I’m afraid.

Clerry Jambo
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I like Ewan’s writing and there’s no denying he’s a massive Jambo but he’s a mouthpiece for Budge I’m afraid.

I’ve no idea to be honest thought I would just drop it in here

8 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

I believe that she has attempted to do the right thing at every step. Her major fault is showing too much loyalty to underperforming staff.  I completely get the nightmare scenario of her repeating the same mistake with Neilson as she made with Levein. How many of us can seriously say that we were well pissed off with the appointment of Neilson at the time?  A few dissenting  voices, the same voices that 90% of us laughed at when they supported hiring the plane when we were sitting second in the Premiership.

I've had enough of Neilson. That Brora result is unforgivable. The general play has been awful all season. Budge/ the club may not be in a financial position to get shot of him right now and replace him with the quality of manager we expect.

Reducing the income to the club may not result in the improvements everybody wants to see.

All fair. Other clubs get rid of underperforming managers. She has to realise money needs to be found to do it. She has no choice. 

I don’t want to reduce the income to the club but FoH don’t care, Ann doesn’t know what she’s doing so I feel I am backed into a corner. I can’t support this pish any longer. 

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

FoH didn’t seem bothered about fans stopping donations in the slightest. 

They certainly didn’t use their statement to urge fans to continue. They’re clearly fine with it. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

FoH didn’t seem bothered about fans stopping donations in the slightest. 

They certainly didn’t use their statement to urge fans to continue. They’re clearly fine with it. 

Would be good to have a specific date added. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

hi again :)

we’re certainly in danger of becoming the wee team under queen ann’s dictatorship as despite hearts fans ploughing literally millions into our club the hibees have rarely had it so good

a club on its knees with their fans turning their backs in their droves until :

scottish cup dreams finally realised made extra special as gift-wrapped by neilson

queen Ann unable to contain her sense of sportingship bustling to the front of the queue to congratulate them

queen Ann cheerleading their promotion under the banner of good for edinburgh - seriously queen Ann  ☹️

european qualification a few years ago and well clear in 3rd this season

multiple results against us home and away including a couple of absolute pumpings (albeit not fully reflected in the final result) namely neilsons (so-called dead-rubber game) at Easter road surpassed by the absolute hammering that Cathros obedient submissives took in cup replay - done red raw in both occasions

and of the utmost importance their ladies team are streets ahead of ours - at least when we didn’t have one we could pretend we weren’t bothered ☹️

as for the comment regarding fans considering their positions regarding the current funds they are providing to the club plenty comments could be thrown back the other way - I highlighted in an intended comedic example about 4 years ago (bit of foresight and all that) that if queen Ann took all our contributions and spent them on office pot-plants would people continue to contribute - seems some possibly would    :lion:

I take your points,  I really do, however I really do believe that stand is key to our future and it does seem to attract posh chums. 

The ladies team I don't think has cost us anything, its a necessity now, whether you like it, want to follow it or not, PC.

However reality is, we rely on the Anderson cash. That's crystal clear, does removing the debits, turning nasty towards her remove him with the debits, a double whammy that would have us one behind the back again. 

Box clever is all I am suggesting this week. 

Rage could easily hand a huge advantage to others 

I’m not cancelling mine. I’ve been through 2 redundancies since pledging and never given up my DD. 

Now, I don’t pay the megabucks, I’m not an über fan, I’m not into merch and all the paraphernalia that comes with following a club. Plus attendance is getting less and less each. but keeping my pledge going is the least I can do. 

However, I fully respect those who make the decision to pause their contribution.

Maybe, if people are serious about this, they can work out away to total the ££££‘a Hearts will be missing out on. 

What does that look like? 

That COULD be a discussion point to start with the club. 

“People are cancelling” etc is all well and good. But how is that qualified? What’s the impact statement that’s going make the board think? 

Bad Religion
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

This is where I am. I think he’ll go on Monday but if not, DD paused. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That is unfair. Been critical of Hearts for a while. 

Rather than stopping direct debits, I'd go the other way with PPV and season tickets etc.

DDs are our lifeline really, how they are managed and spent should be shot back to the top of the agenda, call for an extraordinary if necessary 

21 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

Contributing that amount of money must be commended, will you consider Contributing again if the running of the club changes? 

Yes, back in straight away. I’m truly gutted at having to cancel but how else can we make our feelings heard?

The Apprentice

I was fully planning on freezing my payment this week (particularly as there’s been zero meaningful response to Tuesday night) but just can’t bring myself to do it. I have the FoH strip framed and up on the wall, and after looking at it yesterday and taking a breath it’s probably what’s stopped me from doing it. It’s a sad thought looking at all of the names and considering how many have been forced to take action. At the moment I don’t think I’ll be far behind. 

Please, please just get rid of him. 

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, The Apprentice said:

I was fully planning on freezing my payment this week (particularly as there’s been zero meaningful response to Tuesday night) but just can’t bring myself to do it. I have the FoH strip framed and up on the wall, and after looking at it yesterday and taking a breath it’s probably what’s stopped me from doing it. It’s a sad thought looking at all of the names and considering how many have been forced to take action. At the moment I don’t think I’ll be far behind. 

Please, please just get rid of him. 

Pause it and keep your donations to one side. Pay the money back in once Neilson is gone and the new direction of the club is clearly communicated. 

Rick Sanchez

I cancelled my DD and I won't lie, when you get a quiet moment to yourself and reflect, you do feel like a piece of shit.

I'm powering through though, I have a feeling it won't be for long. Kudos to both sides, it's not a competition.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I take your points,  I really do, however I really do believe that stand is key to our future and it does seem to attract posh chums. 

The ladies team I don't think has cost us anything, its a necessity now, whether you like it, want to follow it or not, PC.

However reality is, we rely on the Anderson cash. That's crystal clear, does removing the debits, turning nasty towards her remove him with the debits, a double whammy that would have us one behind the back again. 

as someone else said if we rely on the Anderson cash then the business model is seriously flawed - not shrewd at all 

the ladies team comment was an attempt at a wee joke

while folk are understandably raging I think this is more than a spontaneous tantrum - there have been plenty opportunities for debits to be seriously binned in the past and to my knowledge no significant drop has occurred

there is a risk that people stop with the full intention of re-starting but for whatever reason that re-start might not happen - but again these funds should be a (very) nice-to-have not an integral part of our funding

queen ann has had her shot and she’s done some very good things as well as bad - times up tho and has been for a while - timing not great due to the pandemic but hopefully queen ann gets the message without throwing her own tantrum and arranges the best transition as soon as possible - if she does throw a tantrum so be it I think we’ll just about cope

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Having the club so dependent on one man's generosity is not a healthy or sustainable position, just ask Gretna fans.

Nookie Bear
42 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

What does Ewan suggest we do then?

Can’t visibly protest, can’t not turn our backs on attending games, she isn’t listening or communicating. Cancelling FoH is literally all we can legally do...until the time comes to renew season tickets. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That is unfair. Been critical of Hearts for a while. 

Rather than stopping direct debits, I'd go the other way with PPV and season tickets etc.

DDs are our lifeline really, how they are managed and spent should be shot back to the top of the agenda, call for an extraordinary if necessary 

I don’t feel at all good about cancelling my DD. The more I think about it the more guilty I feel but I refuse to be guilty about Budge’s horrific mismanagement and FOH’s inaction.

44 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

All fair. Other clubs get rid of underperforming managers. She has to realise money needs to be found to do it. She has no choice. 

I don’t want to reduce the income to the club but FoH don’t care, Ann doesn’t know what she’s doing so I feel I am backed into a corner. I can’t support this pish any longer. 

Frank Lampard. Chelsea legend. Where is he?

5 minutes ago, sac said:

Frank Lampard. Chelsea legend. Where is he?

Waiting on the cash coming in to pay him off. Just like McInness and Lennon. 

wonder when those clubs will finally get rid of their failing managers. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
19 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What I mean is, attacking Budge is not the same as attacking Hearts. She is not the club.

Why do you need to 'attack' Budge though? And call her whatever you called her further down in this thread? Can you not just be critical and make your voice heard? Its football FFS and I'm as upset as anyone over the state of the club, but the way some behave is frankly childish and embarrassing.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Waiting on the cash coming in to pay him off. Just like McInness and Lennon. 

wonder when those clubs will finally get rid of their failing managers. 

Point I was making was that no one is unsackable, even Neilson. Just because he made one good tackle do we keep him in post?

we are losing money now every week he stays, also risking the uptake of ST’s.

Time to cut our losses with him now

Nookie Bear
39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If Anderson’s involvement with Hearts depends solely on the presence of Budge then that gives him a huge amount of power over us without any commitment, like an absentee owner. 

As I understand it, he is finding the women’s team. What happens if he loses interest in us or if his friend leaves? Do we disband the women’s team or have to make up the shortfall from season tickets?

Is he a Hearts fan or a Budge fan? I obviously appreciate all he has done but it would be good if he gave some commitment beyond Budge’s tenure. 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Why do you need to 'attack' Budge though? And call her whatever you called her further down in this thread? Can you not just be critical and make your voice heard? Its football FFS and I'm as upset as anyone over the state of the club, but the way some behave is frankly childish and embarrassing.

thing is, she’s done a huge amount of good and doesn’t deserve personal abuse. But - we are getting into a place where she treats hearts as her plaything. She the exact opposite to Romanov but similar in many ways.

Im not averse to a reminding her now and then as to who she works for. If she doesn’t want the gig then by all means she should step aside