Who’s Cancelling their Monthly.

alwaysthereinspirit

Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Why do you need to 'attack' Budge though? And call her whatever you called her further down in this thread? Can you not just be critical and make your voice heard? Its football FFS and I'm as upset as anyone over the state of the club, but the way some behave is frankly childish and embarrassing.

Because she’s thoroughly disrespectful to the fanbase. Arrogant, sanctimonious while wasting millions and millions of pounds through consistently poor decisions.

She got the message when someone spray painted the badge. But for that, she was refusing to hear any criticism of Levein. It’ll be the same with Neilson.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• Bazzas right boot

• iainmac

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

26 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t feel at all good about cancelling my DD. The more I think about it the more guilty I feel but I refuse to be guilty about Budge’s horrific mismanagement and FOH’s inaction.

Its the only leverage we have as fans just now, its the only way to make your point imo.

Im not talking about cancelling forever, I fully intend to resume mine before the next payment is even due.

Sure, one or two tits like me doing it wont even register (although it at least makes me feel like ive done something). It would massivley ramp up the pressure if everyone did the same however.

Hearts could be in the third division and I’d still not cancel. People using it as some sort of tool to vent their anger don’t seem to understand the reason it was setup in the first place.

Always Hearts, through the good times and the bad.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, mre said:

Its the only leverage we have as fans just now, its the only way to make your point imo.

Im not talking about cancelling forever, I fully intend to resume mine before the next payment is even due.

Sure, one or two tits like me doing it wont even register (although it at least makes me feel like ive done something). It would massivley ramp up the pressure if everyone did the same however.

It’ll lead to Budge blaming us for damaging the club. It’s always someone else fault. But she can **** off.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, ecjambo said:

Hearts could be in the third division and I’d still not cancel. People using it as some sort of tool to vent their anger don’t seem to understand the reason it was setup in the first place.

They wouldn’t need to if two board would just run us like a normal football club, and make logical decisions.

It is absolutely tragic that we have a board who push the support so far that fans feel the need to go to war with our own club.

The budge / FOH era will just join the long list of missed opportunities.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, ecjambo said:

Imagine saying that Hearts, with our turnover, support and stadium, could be in the third division and you wouldn’t do anything about it.

You are part of the problem. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Imagine saying that Hearts, with our turnover, support and stadium, could be in the third division and you wouldn’t do anything about it.

You are part of the problem. 

Yip - blinded by self-importance as the thing they are so self-important about helping is lying in the gutter

:lol:

1 hour ago, Nobreath said:

I believe that she has attempted to do the right thing at every step. Her major fault is showing too much loyalty to underperforming staff.  I completely get the nightmare scenario of her repeating the same mistake with Neilson as she made with Levein. How many of us can seriously say that we were well pissed off with the appointment of Neilson at the time?  A few dissenting  voices, the same voices that 90% of us laughed at when they supported hiring the plane when we were sitting second in the Premiership.

I've had enough of Neilson. That Brora result is unforgivable. The general play has been awful all season. Budge/ the club may not be in a financial position to get shot of him right now and replace him with the quality of manager we expect.

Reducing the income to the club may not result in the improvements everybody wants to see.

Nobody - not one of us - wants to do this but it increasingly looks like hitting the bottom line is the only thing that will make this tone deaf regime take notice. 

I've backed AB & FoH from the beginning but I reserve the right to change my position based on what my eyes are seeing. 

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:
A lot of Hearts supporters seem to miss this point: there will be a change of regime this summer. Ann Budge won’t be majority shareholder and won’t control the club day to day. Seems unfair to prejudge FoH as in that position.

Have we not had a few false starts on this already? Thought we were supposed to have the keys already...

It all plays to a cozy cabal who are 'in the know' meanwhile the majority of fans are ignored and treated with contempt.

David McCaig
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:
A lot of Hearts supporters seem to miss this point: there will be a change of regime this summer. Ann Budge won’t be majority shareholder and won’t control the club day to day. Seems unfair to prejudge FoH as in that position.

In which case all the more reason that Robbie should be removed now.  He is effectively a dead man walking and pointless having him in charge of the remaining friendlies for this now deceased season.

David Black
30 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

In which case all the more reason that Robbie should be removed now.  He is effectively a dead man walking and pointless having him in charge of the remaining friendlies for this now deceased season.

I think Ewan Murray is missing one crucial point in this and that's FOH have hardly covered themselves in glory over the past few years. They are part of the problem not the solution.

3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

We can't afford to keep robbie neilson either. She seemed to find the money to bin stendel and bring robbie in? Why can't she find the money to bin RN? Let me guess is it because she is comfortable with him? 

I doubt it cost much to bin Stendel. His contract meant that either side could void it if we were relegated. 

We managed to find a contractual solution when Neilson left us for the bright lights of Milton Keynes. I’d implore us to find another one to get rid of the clueless, arrogant prick now. 

26 minutes ago, David Black said:

I think Ewan Murray is missing one crucial point in this and that's FOH have hardly covered themselves in glory over the past few years. They are part of the problem not the solution.

Ewan Murray still gives me the occasional chuckle, but he has become a pretty chronic parody of himself over the last year or two (in terms of his Twitter activity). Reveling in taking the contrarian stance ends up making one look like a bit of a hypocritical arse from time-to-time. 

Edited by Peebo

4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Whatever became of the debate about the role of ‘lapsed’ pledgers once FOH have the majority shareholding? People who have contributed for years and are now cancelling may find that in future a vastly reduced number of pledgers effectively control the Club. If only active pledgers can elect FOH office bearers who in turn nominate HMFC Board members, we could have a relatively small minority exercising control, protected by a 90% supermajority against alternative investment ideas.

Interesting question. As of yesterday, I contribute zero but my account is still active. Should I get a vote at moment? Probably not, regarded of the thousands I’ve contributed. Does increasing my pledge again instantly give me a vote again? Presumably, yes.

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, mre said:

1st paragraph is blatantly false. There have never been more ways to "be heard".

Abandoning  fan financed movement that is FOH should not be leverage. Forcing FOH to hold money back from the club should be worst case scenario. Its easier to kill something off than grow it.

2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

1st paragraph is blatantly false. There have never been more ways to "be heard".

Abandoning  fan financed movement that is FOH should not be leverage. Forcing FOH to hold money back from the club should be worst case scenario. Its easier to kill something off than grow it.

Yes, and the board are doing a great job at killing something off now. 

The statements issued this week don't really make me think those running the club listen. 

I've cancelled. It doesn't make me feel good, the opposite in fact but I am absolutely scunnered 😔

8 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

1st paragraph is blatantly false. We can’t voice our displeasure in the stadium during games, for a start. 

davemclaren
4 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Cost the club a lot mote if they don't. Have you considered pausing your pledge?

What’s the difference between pausing and cancelling? 😄

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What’s the difference between pausing and cancelling? 😄

You still keep your history and come back to contributing once we're out of this malaise. My preferred option. 

What's yours?

davemclaren
Just now, jr ewing said:

You still keep your history and come back to contributing once we're out of this malaise. My preferred option. 

What's yours?

I think they are both the same assuming you use the same email address when you restart. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think they are both the same assuming you use the same email address when you restart. 

They are. I think the “cancelling” may be viewed as removing the direct debit in your bank account. By “pausing” you are just changing your monthly pledge to zero (which FOH will do if you email them). I think the net effect is the same, certainly in the short term. It can’t be the case that a bounced direct debit request from FOH results in wiped FOH account history - must be multiple cases for various reasons each month (from membership of 8k). 

Edited by Peebo

davemclaren
Just now, Peebo said:

They are. I think the “cancelling” may be viewed as removing the direct debit in your bank account. By “pausing” you are just changing your monthly pledge to zero (which FOH will do if you email them). I think the net effect is the same, certainly in the short term. It can’t be the case that case that a bounced direct debit request from FOH results in wiped FOH account history - must be multiple cases for various reasons each month (from membership of 8k). 

I once had to cancel my dd at my bank and then restarted it a few weeks later and kept my history. The email address is your unique id. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I once had to cancel my dd at my bank and then restarted it a few weeks later and kept my history. The email address is your unique id. 

Exactly. 

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Correct 

24 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

If Budge wants to piss away her own dollar on more dud players & managers that's fine by me but

I'm not  contributing any more to this nonsense. 

It's not about "leverage" , I doubt anyone REALLY thinks withholding monies will bring about the changes we all want but I'm personally feeling a sense of release knowing that as of now , no matter how shit it gets ( and it's not over yet, not by a long way) , I'm not paying for it any more. The only killing that's  being done is being done in the boardroom : they're the ones who've caused this mess, not the fans, not the people who are refusing to give their hard earned cash to these incompetents. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think that's an important point that should made to the members. I for one didn't realise that this is an option until notified of it yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

If Budge wants to piss away her own dollar on more dud players & managers that's fine by me but

It's not about "leverage" , I doubt anyone REALLY thinks withholding monies will bring about the changes we all want but I'm personally feeling a sense of release knowing that as of now , no matter how shit it gets ( and it's not over yet, not by a long way) , I'm not paying for it any more. The only killing that's  being done is being done in the boardroom : they're the ones who've caused this mess, not the fans, not the people who are refusing to give their hard earned cash to these incompetents. 

Thought I was going to feel guilty, but like you felt relief after I stopped the senseless contributing, at least for the immediate future. 

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Thought I was going to feel guilty, but like you felt relief after I stopped the senseless contributing, at least for the immediate future. 

Indeed - happy to restart donating when we get  tangible evidence that money still  simply isn't being flushed down the toilet. 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Indeed - happy to restart donating when we get  tangible evidence that money still  simply isn't being flushed down the toilet. 

Exactly. 

22 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

What's yours?

Correct.  I have changed bank account and DD payments on a number of occasions without a problem.  just keep your email address and make payments when and if.

1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

Correct.  I have changed bank account and DD payments on a number of occasions without a problem.  just keep your email address and make payments when and if.

Cheers 

25 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The problem is Budge is not accountable to anyone, but she's able to run up debts in the knowledge that paying them off will fall to the FOH and the wider support.

Sooner or later she will sail off into the sunset, but the deeds to Tyncastle will be securely locked in her yacht's safe.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I think most consider themselves to be donating to an organisation born from a desire to preserve a  community cub founded in 1874 and never want to be as helpless as thwy were during the CVA process. Todays, or tomorrows board for that matter are no more than a blip in that. We are all raging but lets not resort to self harm lads.

Based on the start to this game, I’m now wondering if it’s possible to withdraw money I’ve already put in...

5 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Based on the start to this game, I’m now wondering if it’s possible to withdraw money I’ve already put in...

Good point. 

22games nro

It’s is with a very heavy heart (no pun intended) I’ve just emailed FOH to pause my monthly subscription.

not just because of today’s result but more to do with the way we fans have just been ignored, swept under the carpet etc 

will be more than happy to start again when things improve and it just doesn’t feel like our hard earned money is just taken for granted. 😞

Cancelled my 2 (for my sons) yesterday. Will restart them as soon as Neilson has gone. I think Budge will go once the shares are finally transferred anyway.

David Black

I don't have internet banking so can I cancel my DD through the FOH website. I can see how you join, increase or decrease your payment , but nothing about cancelling. If I can't do it this way I'll have to go into my bank, something I would want to avoid at this time. Thanks for any advice.

By The Light..

not cancelling but understand folk that do, I don't have a season ticket and wont be getting one for a while though

22games nro
3 minutes ago, David Black said:

I don't have internet banking so can I cancel my DD through the FOH website. I can see how you join, increase or decrease your payment , but nothing about cancelling. If I can't do it this way I'll have to go into my bank, something I would want to avoid at this time. Thanks for any advice.

I emailed them from the homepage under the "contact us’ link 

David Black
Just now, 22games nro said:

I emailed them from the homepage under the "contact us’ link 

Oh, as simple as that, thanks.

22games nro
5 minutes ago, David Black said:

Here you go.

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/contact-us/

Cancelled mine just now. Didnt feel good about it and to be honest the big decision will come when season tickets go on sale. If he is still here it will be tough to justify the outlay based on what this season has brought us

22 minutes ago, David Black said:

You can email the info@ email address and they should get back to confirming cancellation on Monday

Bungalow Bill

FoH subs have nothing to do with the teams performance in my opinion. Don’t buy season tickets, merchandise etc but subs shouldn’t be cancelled. Folk cancelling FoH subs aren’t thinking of the bigger picture. 

Hammerofthehibs

What we need is a FoH statement that backs the fans - the club is bigger than the board, the manager and the players. At anytime, if they don’t give their all, please step aside...now is early enough.

New blood in boardroom and managers chair needed now. We don’t want a struggle to get over the winning post and a relegation battle next season out of loyalty- we had that problem removing levein.

9 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

FoH subs have nothing to do with the teams performance in my opinion. Don’t buy season tickets, merchandise etc but subs shouldn’t be cancelled. Folk cancelling FoH subs aren’t thinking of the bigger picture. 

Sorry mate....think we are

10 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

FoH didn’t seem bothered about folk cancelling their subscriptions. I think they’ll be fine if folk mostly keep away from the ground.