Who’s Cancelling their Monthly.

alwaysthereinspirit

On Tuesday I was ready to cancel my Dd, but I decided to leave a couple of days to let it soak in, and I have to say I'm not overly impressed with what I'm hearing so far from anyone at Hearts from the ridiculous managers statement to the damp squib statement from the board.And FOH  statement stinks of desperation. I'm give them til the weekend but my fingers on the cancel button . 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• Bazzas right boot

• iainmac

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

7 hours ago, Pagey said:

This is why I'm in a quandary. Totally p'd off and disappointed in the team and lack of passion. I have some degree of sympathy with Robbie for what he inherited but don't believe he's helped himself with some of signings. I also believe that there are budget restrictions and implications of the demotion and pandemic which is not allowing him to have a totally free hand to do what he would like to do.

I am however more concerned with the resultant implications from cancelled FOH payments/reduced FOH contributions and the abuse that Ann is getting. What ever she may have presided over, no-one deserves the name calling and sheer abuse that has been directed her way. I think we're going to be in the Premier league next season with a Livingston budget so we'd all better get used to what that then implies. If Anderson has any sense, he'd get the f..k away from what could be left after the FOH transfer takes place, especially given the animosity to Ann and the Board. Not saying that they're above criticism, far from it. 

Not sure how to move forward from here.

I'm okay with us in premier with a Livingston budget .... So long as players show endeavour, and we at least try to play competent football

Boab Mugabe

Ultimately, since the Club and the Foundation don’t care what you think of the terrible state of affairs beyond you coughing up your debit or renewing season tickets, it’s the only effective method of getting across how unhappy the fans are. 

I do agree it should not come to this and I’d much rather have continued my pledge which has been running since FoH started, but when you are ignored and even sneered at by club officials for speaking out about what an awful state Hearts are in you reach the conclusion it’s better to not give them any more money to further run the club into the ground.

54 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

After cancelling yesterday morning I sent an email to FOH to explain why. Within hours my prediction of a statement from the club commenting on Robbie meeting his main objective of promotion came true and then the Foundation themselves released a statement which confirmed the fears noted in my last paragraph. This was my email...

Hi there,

It is with regret that this morning I have cancelled my DD to the Foundation, having been a member since day 1, and I wanted to share the reasons for this.

I can no longer sit by and willingly contribute additional funds to the club, over and above ST etc, where the footballing side of the club continues on a downward trajectory. Recruitment of players, coaches and managers has been poor for a number of years now. This has played out on the football park with results, barring a couple of ultimately fruitless cup runs, having been unacceptable when compared against the budget available.

I will forever be grateful to Mrs Budge for saving our club at our most desperate time. However, it has become clear that she cannot deliver the on pitch success that a club of our stature should be regularly achieving. Her acceptance of this lack of achievement has continued for too long. She overseen the most farcical recruitment process I have ever seen, which resulted in Craig Levein being given the manager's job. She then took too long to act before relieving him of his duties, before preciding over another long drawn out recruitment process whilst the team floundered towards relegation.

We now have a manager who, despite our strong lead in the league, has failed to get the team performing to an acceptable level, resulting in embarrassing exits from both cup competitions this season. Once can be forgiven, the 2nd cannot.

Mrs Budge again seems prepared to sit by and watch this happen with inaction at the forefront of her approach. I can already envisage and end of season statement acknowledging supporters' concerns but stating that Robbie has met his main aim of getting us promoted back to where we belong. This of course ignores the glaring on field evidence that the team is simply not good enough.

The Foundation has done great work but, given the amount of funds injected into the club through it, I would have expected to see the results of strong challenge against the consistent failings of the club's board, who have overseen the aforementioned issues. I can only assume that the club either doesn't listen, or the Foundation supports the views of the current board. To that end I can no longer financially support the Foundation.

Regards

Really sad it has come to this but also I appreciate those that say their DD was always for life .

I’m not sure why the foundation metaphorically stuck their fingers in their ears and are rocking in a corner “I’m not listening, I’m not listening “ 

Is it fear ? Do they think they aren’t ready to take the reins? Are they being coerced with the loss of the Benefactors?

Something isn’t right within Hearts that they believe putting out their statement will help placate fans or The foundation hoping to ensure the normal fan will continue to support them whilst totally ignoring their views 

pettigrewsstylist

Anyone who would cancel FOH subs based on performance is a strange fruit. 

Change from within, not scorched earth change by fire. Thats madness. What we do with FOH pot of course......i think we need timeline review for handover now.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

After cancelling yesterday morning I sent an email to FOH to explain why. Within hours my prediction of a statement from the club commenting on Robbie meeting his main objective of promotion came true and then the Foundation themselves released a statement which confirmed the fears noted in my last paragraph. This was my email...

Hi there,

It is with regret that this morning I have cancelled my DD to the Foundation, having been a member since day 1, and I wanted to share the reasons for this.

I can no longer sit by and willingly contribute additional funds to the club, over and above ST etc, where the footballing side of the club continues on a downward trajectory. Recruitment of players, coaches and managers has been poor for a number of years now. This has played out on the football park with results, barring a couple of ultimately fruitless cup runs, having been unacceptable when compared against the budget available.

I will forever be grateful to Mrs Budge for saving our club at our most desperate time. However, it has become clear that she cannot deliver the on pitch success that a club of our stature should be regularly achieving. Her acceptance of this lack of achievement has continued for too long. She overseen the most farcical recruitment process I have ever seen, which resulted in Craig Levein being given the manager's job. She then took too long to act before relieving him of his duties, before preciding over another long drawn out recruitment process whilst the team floundered towards relegation.

We now have a manager who, despite our strong lead in the league, has failed to get the team performing to an acceptable level, resulting in embarrassing exits from both cup competitions this season. Once can be forgiven, the 2nd cannot.

Mrs Budge again seems prepared to sit by and watch this happen with inaction at the forefront of her approach. I can already envisage and end of season statement acknowledging supporters' concerns but stating that Robbie has met his main aim of getting us promoted back to where we belong. This of course ignores the glaring on field evidence that the team is simply not good enough.

The Foundation has done great work but, given the amount of funds injected into the club through it, I would have expected to see the results of strong challenge against the consistent failings of the club's board, who have overseen the aforementioned issues. I can only assume that the club either doesn't listen, or the Foundation supports the views of the current board. To that end I can no longer financially support the Foundation.

Regards

Sorry sooperstar did you actually get a response? I haven’t seen any responses on Twitter Facebook or anyone being emailed 👍

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This is a very reasonable post but sorry to say that I’m no longer willing to fund the pretence that it will get better at Hearts. I cancelled last night which, to be honest, was really depressing. I believed in this scheme at the start and I reckon i’ve banged about 8k into it. What we have now is an arrogant joke of a chairwoman and and FOH hierarchy who treat us with contempt. I refuse to fund them.

Neilson is utterly woeful but he’s merely a symptom of the bigger picture.

This is an individual choice but I would strongly urge people to cancel because our voices need to be heard.

I completely agree. It was with heavy heart that I cancelled my pledge, which I increased from £20 to £40/month at the end of last season. I didn’t consider cancelling my DD anytime during the Levein era but I think this season highlights a malaise running through our club that will not be improved until there are fundamental structural changes within the principals of the club. Neilson has to go for starters - there is NO way back for him - but we need football people running the club. I’m really disappointed we haven’t heard from Andrew McKinlay. I understand he is a nice guy but is he what we need? If he had issued a statement saying result/performances are completely unacceptable, a speedy review of the principal positions within the football department eg manager, coaches, scouts etc is under way and we will report back with a comprehensive review, I would have at least thought it was a professional approach to a serious issue, rather than the “rinse and repeat” nonsense we get from Budge. I will restart my pledges, including all cancelled pledges, just as soon as I see some positive action being taken. Appreciate not everyone will agree with my approach but it feels right to me.

Fxxx the SPFL

Cancelling FoH payments will only achieve even more pish signings and possibly a prolonged downward spiral, you are hurting the club which will be here long after the current regime, players and us older fans are gone. I have always stated that my FoH payment is for life my choice others can do what they please but remember the less money the club has the less we can do on the footballing front imo.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This is a very reasonable post but sorry to say that I’m no longer willing to fund the pretence that it will get better at Hearts. I cancelled last night which, to be honest, was really depressing. I believed in this scheme at the start and I reckon i’ve banged about 8k into it. What we have now is an arrogant joke of a chairwoman and and FOH hierarchy who treat us with contempt. I refuse to fund them.

Neilson is utterly woeful but he’s merely a symptom of the bigger picture.

This is an individual choice but I would strongly urge people to cancel because our voices need to be heard.

I completely agree. It was with heavy heart that I cancelled my pledge, which I increased from £20 to £40/month at the end of last season. I didn’t consider cancelling my DD anytime during the Levein era but I think this season highlights a malaise running through our club that will not be improved until there are fundamental structural changes within the principals of the club. Neilson has to go for starters - there is NO way back for him - but we need football people running the club

I have cancelled mine this morning, I also emailed FOH who replied to be fair.

I will be re-instating it before the next payment is due on 15th of the month.

Ive set a reminder to reinstate it and it only takes a few seconds to do on banking app. Its a bit shit but the only thing I can do at the moment to express how pissed off I am by it all.

I think if everyone did it, it would be quite a good statement.

Edited by mre
1-5

Rick Sanchez

I thought FoH money wasn't spent on players? 

I've cancelled my DD to send a message. I understand if that makes me a dick. I understand that's not what being a member is all about.

Every side has valid arguments. I commend everyone who has cancelled and I commend everyone who is powering through. I'm not wearing it as a badge of honour. We're all trying our best to help.

If it was actually our club and it was all on us I wouldn't be cancelling. We've done our bit but the footballing department has fell short. If there was a call to arms tomorrow I've no doubt in my mind 99% of this forum would be pouring cash in.

We need change.

Forever Hearts
40 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

[b]Cancelling FoH payments will only achieve even more pish signings[/b] and possibly a prolonged downward spiral, you are hurting the club which will be here long after the current regime, players and us older fans are gone. I have always stated that my FoH payment is for life my choice others can do what they please but remember the less money the club has the less we can do on the footballing front imo.

Utterly impossible that our signings could get any worse. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

43 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Cancelling FoH payments will only achieve even more pish signings and possibly a prolonged downward spiral, you are hurting the club which will be here long after the current regime, players and us older fans are gone. I have always stated that my FoH payment is for life my choice others can do what they please but remember the less money the club has the less we can do on the footballing front imo.

Would that be the signings that e.g. Livingston make to compete with only a fraction of our resources? I would be comfortable spending less but achieving more!

2 hours ago, clanmac said:

On Tuesday I was ready to cancel my Dd, but I decided to leave a couple of days to let it soak in, and I have to say I'm not overly impressed with what I'm hearing so far from anyone at Hearts from the ridiculous managers statement to the damp squib statement from the board.And FOH  statement stinks of desperation. I'm give them til the weekend but my fingers on the cancel button . 

My feelings exactly

I’ve reduced my pledge down to the minimum amount (£10). 
I couldn’t quite bring myself to cancel it. 

It’s a difficult one. The FOH was never set up to challenge the board on their decision making or judge the performance of the board/club. 
I can’t see any other option than to reduce FOH subs.
There’s no way I’m getting a season ticket for a while. 

Forever Hearts
49 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Remember to email [email protected] so she's clear exactly why true Hearts supporters have suspended their contributions. 

I've just emailed her and explained my reasons for stopping my FoH contribution and why I won't be putting another penny into Hearts until Neilson is gone. 

56 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Remember to email [email protected] so she's clear exactly why true Hearts supporters have suspended their contributions. 

Really need as many people as possible to email her so that she gets the message. She doesn't convince me that she is the type to take much notice tho. 

2 hours ago, Holtie said:

I completely agree. It was with heavy heart that I cancelled my pledge, which I increased from £20 to £40/month at the end of last season. I didn’t consider cancelling my DD anytime during the Levein era but I think this season highlights a malaise running through our club that will not be improved until there are fundamental structural changes within the principals of the club. Neilson has to go for starters - there is NO way back for him - but we need football people running the club

Contributing that amount of money must be commended, will you consider Contributing again if the running of the club changes? 

The dangerous aspect of a mass cancellation is that a proportion of pledgers will not rejoin. 

This in and of itself should be lighting a fire under the FOH's arse to push our view loudly that Robbie must go. 

Beyond ridiculous. 

So much rage ....

Boycott boycott boycott no more away games (with a few exceptions) don’t buy match tickets or pay TV, Ayr Utd, Dundee, Raith Rovers, etc “don’t give them a penny of your money”! From now on it’s ‘Only Hearts’!

Oops ..... cancel DDs to the FOH and don’t buy Hearts season tickets, “not a penny more to Hearts until things change”!! Rage ...

Oh and let’s buy 10,000 virtual tickets for Inverness and give them a cash boost of nearly £100,000! Very generous ....

Meanwhile thousands will do what they’ve always done and back Hearts through good times and bad! So many would never knowingly and deliberately harm the club they love no matter how frustrated and upset they are. Hurting Hearts only strengthens and makes other clubs (including Hibs) relatively stronger.

”Heart of Midlothian we’ll support you ever more”

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

So much rage ....

Boycott boycott boycott no more away games (with a few exceptions) don’t buy match tickets or pay TV, Ayr Utd, Dundee, Raith Rovers, etc “don’t give them a penny of your money”! From now on it’s ‘Only Hearts’!

Oops ..... cancel DDs to the FOH and don’t buy Hearts season tickets, “not a penny more to Hearts until things change”!! Rage ...

Oh and let’s buy 10,000 virtual tickets for Inverness and give them a cash boost of nearly £100,000! Very generous ....

Meanwhile thousands will do what

they’ve always done and back Hearts through good times and bad! So

many would never knowingly and deliberately harm the club they love no matter how frustrated and upset they are. Hurting Hearts only strengthens and makes other clubs (including Hibs) relatively stronger.

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Short term pain for long term gain. Fans have had enough. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Short term pain for long term gain. Fans have had enough. 

Maybe the fans have but the supporters haven’t!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Psychedelicropcircle

I think you can attach that ole saying “taxation for representation” when justifying the cancellation of a FOH sub. 

The statement backed the board then trying to pull on the heart strings of the undecided into doing nowt.

The FOH are dizzy jambo’s unprepared to put their seat at the big table on the line for its members.

Personally I was only ever in it until the shares were bought. It would be cancelled otherwise.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oh, so supporters who have poured in millions over the years are no longer supporters because they stopped a direct debit and are pissed off at the worst result in our history? Give yer heid a wobble. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Oh, so supporters who have poured in millions over the years are no longer supporters because they stopped a direct debit and are pissed off at the worst result in our history? Give yer heid a wobble. 

Forever Hearts when it suits ....

3 hours ago, qferryjam said:

Sorry sooperstar did you actually get a response? I haven’t seen any responses on Twitter Facebook or anyone being emailed 👍

Nah not a peep.

Ainsley Harriott

That's me cancelled. What's the point of a fans foundation when the opinions of supporters count for **** all. Wont be reinstating until Robbie and the Egotistical Ann are long gone.

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Nah not a peep.

Hopefully they will respond, your email was well argued with nothing but uncomfortable truths for the FoH. I see my pledge as being for life but the FoH structure needs to be overhauled to reconnect with pledgers.  The FoH administration and communication is poor and has been since day one.  So maybe you won't get a reply.

8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Nah not a peep.

Shocker ,but not unexpected silence will only make situation worse and a lot more tense , Hearts and FOH need to take this on the chin and stop treating the fans as mugs hopefully we are back on track soon  and those that have cancelled are welcomed back 

Nookie Bear
27 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

So much rage ....

Meanwhile thousands will do what they’ve always done and back Hearts through good times and bad! So many would never knowingly and deliberately harm the club they love no matter how frustrated and upset they are. Hurting Hearts only strengthens and makes other clubs (including Hibs) relatively stronger.

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Dribbling all over your Hearts jammies with that post. 

Frank Sidebottom
29 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

♥️♥️♥️♥️

here we go...the old “I’m a better supporter than you”. 

Forever Hearts
25 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Forever Hearts when it suits ....

Since 1976 actually. And forever more.👍

12 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I would appeal to any Hearts supporter thinking of cancelling their FOH contribution because of Tuesday night not to do so. 

It was terrible. It was embarrassing. No doubt. But big picture, Hearts still need you. Probably more so when things aren't going so well than when things are going great. I'm sure when most people first set up their FOH donation they didn't do it because they believed or expected that things would always be great or the club would always make the right decisions with the money. I imagine it was done out of a love for Heart of Midlothian. If you are really angry about Tuesday night then that love is clearly still there.

I understand everyone's hurt and and anger and frustration. And I understand the 'I want to send a message' feeling. But before you press that cancel button, take a pause and think about if deep down in your heart it feels like the right thing to do.

It is genuinely a bit worrying to read that people are thinking about taking this step. 

That's a nice post, but it's not a case of not loving the club anymore - it's that by continuing to fund Budge's mistakes, especially after she's repeatedly made it clear she had nothing but contempt for the fans, we are complicit in allowing the club not just to fail to progress, but to go backwards. Silence and continue funding for that woman and her untouchable cronies is as good as saying that whats she's doing is fine. It gives the impression that all is well basically.

We have a revenue stream which no other club outside the Old Firm has in Scotland, worth seven figures annually - and she has wasted all of it.

When she's gone and someone competent in back in place I'll start mine back up again and make a one off donation of the money I didn't sent in the meantime (it's easy enough to ring fence by sending it to another bank account) - it won;t cost the club a penny, but it'll keep my cash out of her hands.

For now, this feels very much like the right thing to do.

3 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Anyone who would cancel FOH subs based on performance is a strange fruit. 

Change from within, not scorched earth change by fire. Thats madness. What we do with FOH pot of course......i think we need timeline review for handover now.

The reason for the cancellations is because nothing else we can do will effect change. We can't protest and strongly worded emails/whining about it online isn't going to do anything. It didn't with Levein. So the only option available is some hopefully temporary pain to encourage the club/FOH to pay more heed to the fans that donate from the goodness of their heart every month to keeping the club going. 

If businesses start ignoring their customers, they generally don't do very well. In that same vein, if Ann thinks she can dismiss the will of circa 95% of our fan base because she thinks she knows better, then she's in for a rude awakening when next months figures come in from the FOH. 

I appreciate it may be unpalatable, but this is about putting a foot down and saying that this isn't an acceptable way to run the football club. Robbie's results this season have been utterly shocking, getting put out of both cups by part time clubs is shocking. Not only that, but the style of play and lack of youngsters involved this season haven't created any value in our demotion. We could have went back up with 3 or 4 youngsters with a full season under their belts. Instead we went away and signed unsellable journeymen like Frear and Roberts. 

Actions have reactions. Ann wants to keep Robbie? Fine, she can do that without my pledge (and many others too from the looks of things). We're being taken for idiots. 

34 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

♥️♥️♥️♥️

😂 get ****ed!

37 minutes ago, OTT said:

The dangerous aspect of a mass cancellation is that a proportion of pledgers will not rejoin. 

This in and of itself should be lighting a fire under the FOH's arse to push our view loudly that Robbie must go. 

Beyond ridiculous. 

I've been out of the Corporate game for a few years now but it used to take 83% more effort to win back an ex-customer than to retain an existing one. 

Two other things to retain unhappy customers :

1. Listen to their issue 

2. Demonstrate what you're going to do to rectify it. 

These 2 "simple" things were usually enough to turn most customers around. 

But "football is not a normal business". 

38 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Keep on happy clapping.

Gordon Ramsay
5 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Hi there,

Regards

Sums it up perfectly. 

1 hour ago, Mister Dee said:

The FOH was never set up to challenge the board on their decision making or judge the performance of the board/club. 

Indeed. Yet here we are, with the FOH having representation on that very board and thus actually part of a regime that has been an abject failure. I’ve said for ages that I’ve found the relationship quite unpalatable. Now, I’ve taken the decision I can no longer help fund this dismal regime. The FOH statement was the final straw. 

19 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I've been out of the Corporate game for a few years now but it used to take 83% more effort to win back an ex-customer than to retain an existing one. 

1. Listen to their issue 

It’s going to take a mammoth effort to win back the trust of fans. Not even sure it’s possible under the current regime.

3 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Disagree as fans we are putting in money on a monthly basis that only 4 of the Premier Leagues teams could dream of, we are pissing money up the wall and things are only going to get worse from here, so change is required. To get change we need to make an impact. Or we should all keep giving Budge and Neilson dollar to get draws against likes of Arbroath and get beat by Highland league teams..

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

1. Listen to their issue 

I think the structure the fans need has changed. Back in 2014 it was about survival, now its about success and we need to see greater accountability from them when there is failure. The same issues seem to be raised time and time again when things to awry (that they are just yes men, on a jolly etc.). I think it was @Fraggle earlier that suggested subcommittees. It may not be perfect, but I think its exactly what we need. Improved communication, transparency and accountability from the board members is crucial. This could be done via one zoom meeting a month and volunteers registered via a circular email asking for people. I think getting between 5 and 10 people to jump on a call once a month out of 8000 subs shouldn't be too difficult. 

These don't just need to be focused on the current issues with the team, things like engagement and convincing more fans to jump on board could only be beneficial. Hearts fans come from a wide background and I think the board learning what makes certain types of fans tick could be so valuable in reaching out to them and getting them to jump on board, even if it is just the minimal pledge, it gets them involved and feeling a part of something. 

But going back to your point, I think they are really failing to understand those key points. Being in such lockstep with the club on everything isn't healthy or helpful. We need naysayers on the board, devils advocates and people to continually ask difficult, uncomfortable questions. Football is an infinite game, so we always need to be looking to better ourselves and we cannot do that if everyone on the board is in agreement all of the time. We need contrasting views and a bit of disagreement to be able to look at problems and overcome them in the best way. The FOH echoing Budge is utterly tone deaf and I think there is a divergence in expectations. I don't think Budge is being driven by any degree of serious accountability, the fans want success and as the fans representatives, its incumbent on the FOH reps to be asking difficult questions of Budge or the chair time and time again. I don't think the FOH is well aligned with the wants of the fans and some sort of working group needs to be set up urgently to look into this and identify how to create better alignment between the FOH and its members. 

2 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Really need as many people as possible to email her so that she gets the message. She doesn't convince me that she is the type to take much notice tho. 

Yes and she needs to realise the different age groups and backgrounds of all the supporters that have been left feeling alienated by her remarks.

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I've just emailed her and explained my reasons for stopping my FoH contribution and why I won't be putting another penny into Hearts until Neilson is gone. 

🤗