SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )

Absolute Scenes

10 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Im at the crossroads whereby if I cancel my FOH DD this time I wont start it up again.

I've become appathetic towards the club because of the levein era and over the last 12 months with the lockdown Im now at the stage I'm really past caring about whats happening at Tynecastle.

Only a change in the whole structure of the club will make me want to be at Tynie again. 

This is where I am at. CL era, demotion, Budge and now Robbie Neilson having us best by amateurs has all but sucked every bit of enthusiasm I have for Hearts. If I cancel my DD then something drastic would have to happen to get me to restart it again. 

I stopped going going for 5 years when Romanov almost destroyed our club. But the the push to save the club brought me back. If i cancel now then I doubt I’ll ever get back to it again. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• graygo

• iainmac

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a real real shame that the tenure of Ann Budge has come to this. 

Obviously, without her cash injection we may not be here as a club. For that everyone will be truly grateful. I certainly love her for it. 

That said, she needs to know when enough is enough and when to move on.

Considering she was a ST holder she will be well aware of fickle knee-jerk reactions from fans after a poor result.  She'll be aware that poor results can be forgotten and fans move on. 

Likewise she should be more than aware of long term discontent from the fans who watch the team week in week out. The Brora result was not a poor result. It was the culmination of years of dross and it was the proverbial final straw for what seems the majority of fans. 

This is where we are at. Her complete denial, her dismissive attitude to 5 years of failure and her reluctance to make decisions that would be tough for her personally are resulting in the masses turning against her. Proper hero to zero stuff. 

It's time she did the right thing in moving on. Enjoying her retirement. She should be going to the football without all the weight of fans expectations. She can then forget horrible results and extended periods of malaise in peace while someone/people actively try and do something positive. 

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

He surely can't survive this?  That means he is more relevant to the club than the fans. 

It'll just cost us money and we need it.

Ijust now I'd jump at the chance to have alex neil.  I think he's coming back with more experience than McInnes.  

That making with already having worked with savage.

Also doesn't have any levein connections.  That really matters...

It does, indeed.

Never worked with Craig Levein.

I'm thinking of adding that to my CV.

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, martoon said:

It does, indeed.

Never worked with Craig Levein.

I'm thinking of adding that to my CV.

There's one or two on here that might not have worked with him but have definitely been to.his house.

Only his close friends could've backed him.at the end. 

41 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You’ll find the 0-0 draw with Arbroath under the ‘d%’ column ... 

I think perhaps Ann Budge takes a more objective approach and considers all the competitions we’ve competed in under Neilson MKII. We’ve (almost) achieved promotion, knocked Hibs out at Hampden and given Celtic a right good game in the Scottish Cup final. On the other hand we’ve been absolutely embarrassed by Brora Rangers and lost to Alloa, giving up a great opportunity to win a cup. Budge will attach more weight to the league as that was the primary objective she’s set for Neilson. 

If as you say AB was being objective she would look at RNs inabilities to do his job effectively when it really matters ,

Alloa should have been a watershed for this group instead it’s been the start of a decline matched only by his mentor CL, managing players in the big games is easy no need to motivate no need to cajole no need to pick the right players and formation, cup semis and derbies players thrive .Its the run of the mill when he’s failed spectacularly, basically allowing players not to turn up and do their job .

We have the most expensive and exhaustive management and back room teams out with the old firm but still decide to play Haring at centre back and our CB as a FB. 

Finally it’s not her job to be objective or not we have others in a position of responsibility and if they think that stumbling over a shortened championship season finishing line is really what should be acceptable , maybe they should have told us that within the fanfare and news articles when they were appointed.

glynnlondon
10 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

He surely can't survive this?  That means he is more relevant to the club than the fans. 

It'll just cost us money and we need it.

Ijust now I'd jump at the chance to have alex neil.  I think he's coming back with more experience than McInnes.  

That making with already having worked with savage.

Also doesn't have any levein connections.  That really matters...

Budge wants him here so here he will stay.

With the added bonus of sticking 2 fingers up to an ever growing element of the support she doesn't like

Just now, Auldbenches said:

There's one or two on here that might not have worked with him but have definitely been to.his house.

Only his close friends could've backed him.at the end. 

Aye.

Often thought there were relatives/mates on every thread putting out fires etc.

One of his biggest fans hounded me continously for 36 hours, overnight and everything, just before he was finally "sacked" and even hinted at possible legal action. 

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, glynnlondon said:

With the added bonus of sticking 2 fingers up to an ever growing element of the support she doesn't like

She thinks we are a local rugby club.  

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

If as you say AB was being objective she would look at RNs inabilities to do his job effectively when it really matters ,

Alloa should have been a watershed for this group instead it’s been the start of a decline matched only by his mentor CL, managing players in the big games is easy no need to motivate no need to cajole no need to pick the right players and formation, cup semis and derbies players thrive .Its the run of the mill when he’s failed spectacularly, basically allowing players not to turn up and do their job .

We have the most expensive and exhaustive management and back room teams out with the old firm but still decide to play Haring at centre back and our CB as a FB. 

Finally it’s not her job to be objective or not we have others in a position of responsibility and if they think that stumbling over a shortened championship season finishing line is really what should be acceptable , maybe they should have told us that within the fanfare and news articles when they were appointed.

A 16 point lead with a +27 goal difference is ‘stumbling’ ? This is where the need for objectivity comes in.

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Im at the crossroads whereby if I cancel my FOH DD this time I wont start it up again.

I've become appathetic towards the club because of the levein era and over the last 12 months with the lockdown Im now at the stage I'm really past caring about whats happening at Tynecastle.

Only a change in the whole structure of the club will make me want to be at Tynie again. 

It just shows how bad things have got.

I thought I would've felt better this morning but I'm just as angry. 

2 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

Its the run of the mill when he’s failed spectacularly, basically allowing players not to turn up and do their job .

Whilst I do agree it's his job, let's not forget the fact that some of our players have not been turning up to do their job for years. Most would agree that they are not simply just shite players they are just not putting in a shift which is criminal. They act like small teams are beneath them whilst being made to look stupid by these teams.

There is a bad bad smell in the dressing room that can't be shifted and whilst I do think Neilson is shit and needs to go now, he isnt the first manager to get thrown under the bus by these players who refuse to give 100% for the shirt.

5 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

As is Budge's right!

however if she thinks that blind loyalty to her and the club will get them over this "minor" (ahem!) setback she is in for a bit of a shock!

The anger will not abate anytime soon. We all know that Neilson is damaged goods. Damaged beyond repair.
Budge keeping him on will not work well for her.

I'll renew season tickets, continue to donate and make other provisions only once I find out that the fraudster is out the club. Until then, not another penny 

As is MY right!

Auldbenches
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

A 16 point lead with a +27 goal difference is ‘stumbling’ ? This is where the need for objectivity comes in.

On paper, but how many league games have we played well in?  I reckon three.   Lucky us. 

On paper, but how many league games have we played well in?  I reckon three.   Lucky us. 

also we have the lead in part due to other teams taking points off each other. it would be wildly different if one of those teams went on a run and was more consistent in beating everyone else

Please...dinnae engage with ElwoodPee.....I couldn't stand another day of his usual contrary bloody mindedness. The guy is just out to troll the death out of us. He seriously can't believe the stuff he's putting up

He clearly thinks that we have achieved our goals this season.....If we all just conveniently forget about Brora Rangers, and the eye bleeding anti football we have all been subjected to.

Auldbenches
8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

also we have the lead in part due to other teams taking points off each other. it would be wildly different if one of those teams went on a run and was more consistent in beating everyone else

The poster I was replying to thinks we have been alright in ths league.  I've watched every league game and I didn't see us playing well apart from 3 games. 

Auldbenches
6 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Please...dinnae engage with ElwoodPee.....I couldn't stand another day of his usual contrary bloody mindedness. The guy is just out to troll the death out of us. He seriously can't believe the stuff he's putting up

He clearly thinks that we have achieved our goals this season.....If we all just conveniently forget about Brora Rangers, and the eye bleeding anti football we have all been subjected to.

Him and one or two others have already started their pedantic approach to get people to run around in circles rather than talk about how bad we are.

Posters should be very careful, especially after the levein situation where posters where getting banned due to trolls. 

Ignore them and enjoy the fact that they do this as a last resort. 

Neilson is gone and they are now desperate to take it out on fellow fans rather than the club.

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

The poster I was replying to thinks we have been alright in ths league.  I've watched every league game and I didn't see us playing well apart from 3 games. 

I was talking about results rather than performances. Two completely separate things. 

9 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Out main goal will be achieved. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I see we probably won’t agree but if you believe objectively that this group are performing to the best of their abilities good on you , with the difference in quality and the amounts spent by Hearts the advantages we’ve had over our rivals bigger squad starting earlier professional set up , best training facilities bar none , this 16 point gap in reality is 10 points with most of the goals scored in the early part of the season , we have Internationals up against plumbers last week 2 shots on target .

Management of existing players wasn’t Leveins forte and it seems RN is falling into that category with fans accepting the “once we get up and improve the squad things will get better “

look at St Johnstone bring in Callum Davidson didn’t chuck the players under the bus , worked with what he had wheeled and dealed won a cup and gained top 6, objectively doing a good job .

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

I see we probably won’t agree but if you believe objectively that this group are performing to the best of their abilities good on you , with the difference in quality and the amounts spent by Hearts the advantages we’ve had over our rivals bigger squad starting earlier professional set up , best training facilities bar none , this 16 point gap in reality is 10 points with most of the goals scored in the early part of the season , we have Internationals up against plumbers last week 2 shots on target .

Management of existing players wasn’t Leveins forte and it seems RN is falling into that category with fans accepting the “once we get up and improve the squad things will get better “

look at St Johnstone bring in Callum Davidson didn’t chuck the players under the bus , worked with what he had wheeled and dealed won a cup and gained top 6, objectively doing a good job .

Where did I say that they’re performing to the best of their abilities? I believe the majority of our players are playing well within themselves. I wonder what extent the empty stands impacts performance levels. I also wonder what watching the games on a laptop does for the fan experience. 

On 25/03/2021 at 17:25, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Did you see the number of people in the offices in the documentary?

I did indeed. 

19 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Whilst I do agree it's his job, let's not forget the fact that some of our players have not been turning up to do their job for years. Most would agree that they are not simply just shite players they are just not putting in a shift which is criminal. They act like small teams are beneath them whilst being made to look stupid by these teams.

There is a bad bad smell in the dressing room that can't be shifted and whilst I do think Neilson is shit and needs to go now, he isnt the first manager to get thrown under the bus by these players who refuse to give 100% for the shirt.

Yep but in any management job you win or loose with the team at your disposal , 11 players against Brora literally looked like they had just met on the way to the game he emptied Cal Morrison and Craig Wighton who are both championship level and would have been good enough to the end of the season probably scoring 15 goals between them bringing in unknowns who have looked lost at best and absolutely useless at worse , while getting a very poor tune or no tune at all out of probably 15 of the squad regularly ,playing a system that is baffling to watch and baffling to his players ,easy to score against , ive had it with excuses about refs, pitches, wind , and now a hangover from something that happened almost a year ago .

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You’ll find the 0-0 draw with Arbroath under the ‘d%’ column ... 

Not according to London Hearts, your source.

Not including all of the facts cannot be considered objective.

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Where did I say that they’re performing to the best of their abilities? I believe the majority of our players are playing well within themselves. I wonder what extent the empty stands impacts performance levels. I also wonder what watching the games on a laptop does for the fan experience. 

Empty stands & laptops don't excuse what we witnessed on Tuesday or in many other games this season. 

He's lost the dressing room & he's lost any support that he's ever had with the exception of some wilfully blind on here. 

I haven't even commented on the Brora game as yet.

We played White at RB against Partick in the friendly and he did very well - probably man of the match imo.

Then we play Brora, and he's got our CH there and Haring at CB (I think, or something).  Overthought again!!!  Every ****ing thing we do on the pitch is overthought.  Just put someone else at RB.  How hard is that??

Not commented on it as it's ridiculous to pull the performance apart.  Any lineup we had out should win, but at the end of the day, shit like this is just another part of why we're so crap.  It's an example of how we approach games.  Aidy White bombing up and down, for all his faults, or tinker with the whole defence and put a defensive player at RB....?  Against Brora and then QOS.... erm, let's do the complicated, overly tactical and defensive one.  Yeah.

21 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Him and one or two others have already started their pedantic approach to get people to run around in circles rather than talk about how bad we are.

Posters should be very careful, especially after the levein situation where posters where getting banned due to trolls. 

Ignore them and enjoy the fact that they do this as a last resort. 

Neilson is gone and they are now desperate to take it out on fellow fans rather than the club.

:rofl: That's a belter.

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Not according to London Hearts, your source.

Not including all of the facts cannot be considered objective.

Get your specs on! It’s definitely there. 15% under the draws column ...

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Ffs I get it you don’t agree but the empty stands are now hampering our poor pampered souls they are not playing within themselves they are rank rotten and the recent results reflect that , it’s the managers job to manage if he’s not up to it or the players won’t play for him where do we go ? The same situation with Levein and we have seen how well that ended , the fan experience are you serious ? Fans were happy winning by 2 or 3 goals playing 💩 we have just witnessed the worst cup  result in history of the cup , scraping draw after draw in recent weeks 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

Ffs I get it you don’t agree but the empty stands are now hampering our poor pampered souls they are not playing within themselves they are rank rotten and the recent results reflect that , it’s the managers job to manage if he’s not up to it or the players won’t play for him where do we go ? The same situation with Levein and we have seen how well that ended , the fan experience are you serious ? Fans were happy winning by 2 or 3 goals playing 💩 we have just witnessed the worst cup  result in history of the cup , scraping draw after draw in recent weeks 

I have no idea what this was meant to say.

Just now, qferryjam said:

The apologist mantra is now morphing from “our players can’t cope with the [supposedly] hostile atmosphere created by the big crowds at Tynecastle” to “our players can’t cope with empty stands”.

Any port in a storm.

The Wrinkly Ninja
19 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Get your specs on! It’s definitely there. 15% under the draws column ...

Check again........

I can only see 4 draws in the draws column. We’ve had 5 using London Hearts criteria and it’s the Arbroath game that is missing. If you add up the  number of competitive games we’ve played you will see there are 3 games missing. You can also see that the LH site includes games up to the 7th March only. Finally, if you click on Robbie Neilson name it lists the games that are included. Arbroath and Brora are not there. It would be fair to say that these two results coming after each other are the reason why a large number of Hearts fans have had enough. If Anne Budge is using the same criteria as you, and is not objectively applying the anywhere near the same criteria of weighting to performances and results as me, or does not have the same understanding of the consequences of something that is unacceptable, and she will not move on either of these then I would prefer it if she was to have no further involvement with the club.

Edited by The Wrinkly Ninja

Chuck Berry
15 minutes ago, leginten said:

The apologist mantra is now morphing from “our players can’t cope with the [supposedly] hostile atmosphere created by the big crowds at Tynecastle” to “our players can’t cope with empty stands”.

Any port in a storm.

Quite astonishing really, but not surprising.

Edited by Chuck Berry

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Chuck Berry said:

Have we sacked him yet, or has he had the decency to resign?

The muppet is still here unfortunately. 

Chuck Berry
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

The muppet is still here unfortunately. 

Oh well, at least I'm looking forward to something else on Saturday afternoon.  It certainly wont be the brutal experience of watching Hearts play crab football.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Oh well, at least I'm looking forward to something else on Saturday afternoon.  It certainly wont be the brutal experience of watching Hearts play crab football.

👍

Rick Sanchez
18 minutes ago, leginten said:

Any port in a storm.

It's unreal.

They've all been clutching at any straws they can grasp as they appear for years. I'm sure they'll have been intimidated or distracted by any possible protest tomorrow.

You just don't see this type of behaviour at any other club on this scale.

David Black
13 hours ago, iainmac said:

In my opinion, the 2 FoH reps should resign from the Club Board in protest until the shares are handed over. Put some distance between them & this absolute shambles & retain a bit of dignity.

People *might* restart their pledges if they took some action.

That is exactly what should happen. None of this we must stick together crap, the gap between the board and the fans is as great as its ever been. Your suggestion will show if they have any integrity and who's side they are on. Are they merely lap dogs to AB or will they do what they are elected to do,represent their members. Their decision could influence even more to cancel their DD's in protest. I'll be cancelling mine today, something I never thought I would do.

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Check again........

I can only see 4 draws in the draws column. We’ve had 5 using London Hearts criteria and it’s the Arbroath game that is missing. If you add up the  number of competitive games we’ve played you will see there are 3 games missing. You can also see that the LH site includes games up to the 7th March only. Finally, if you click on Robbie Neilson name it lists the games that are included. Arbroath and Brora are not there. It would be fair to say that these two results coming after each other are the reason why a large number of Hearts fans have had enough. If Anne Budge is using the same criteria as you, and is not objectively applying the anywhere near the same criteria of weighting to performances and results as me, or does not have the same understanding of the consequences of something that is unacceptable, and she will not move on either of these then I would prefer it if she was to have no further involvement with the club.

It seems I stand correct. I can only

apologise. London Hearts want to get the finger out and get that updated!

I’d like to know what happened with the Captaincy when Naismith isn’t playing. Think there is more going on what we don’t know. When Naismith wasn’t playing Halkett was captain Berra then reappears with the Armband on while Halkett is playing Then Gordon is the skipper. What happens when Souttar starts he is still down as VC . There is no stability in a Robbie squad . 

4 minutes ago, David Black said:

That is exactly what should happen. None of this we must stick together crap, the gap between the board and the fans is as great as its ever been. Your suggestion will show if they have any integrity and who's side they are on. Are they merely lap dogs to AB or will they do what they are elected to do,represent their members. Their decision could influence even more to cancel their DD's in protest. I'll be cancelling mine today, something I never thought I would do.

If they were ever going to do it, they'd have done it by now I think. 

On 24/03/2021 at 11:30, henryheart said:

You are right there, just as she hoped the season ticket complaint would go away. 

It's down to us to make sure it doesn't, just like the season ticket fiasco.

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Another who doesn't get the bigger picture . But you were a Levein supporter to the bitter end .

I’m absolutely baffled at the fact the board can’t comprehend that the issue is much bigger than 1 horrendous result against part time Brora Rangers.

Brora was a complete embarrassment but it’s by no means the sole issue. It was the tip of the iceberg for for many but the problems with this Hearts set up have existed long before Tuesday night.

Yes were 16 points clear. But there are most definitely pictures on our scorecard and they don’t paint a happy picture. The football has been eye-bleeding, we’ve been stumbling past lesser opposition all season, the players are devoid of any creativity or hunger and all the bad habits from the levein era have crept back in. 

We had a massive opportunity this season to really turn the club around. The fact that this team is 16 points clear at the top of the Championship is evidence in itself that there really wasn’t much pressure on us in the league at all. Stendel, Neilson, Levein or anyone. With the budget they have at their disposal and the players that were already at Hearts it’s highly likely that most managers would have led us to promotion this season. 

So we had a massive opportunity to really turn the club around, recruit well, give our young players a chance and prepare for 2021/22. Instead we have harboured a squad with one of the highest average ages in the league, punted all of our young players out on loan bar 1 striker who will never be good enough for hearts and a midfielder that - shock horror - we’ve failed to tie down on a long term deal and will leave for free in the summer, recruited hopelessly in the main and will, yet again, have to dismantle and rebuild the squad this summer.

It’s clear this this board just never learns from their mistakes. I have no faith in them or the management team going forward. Here’s to another summer clear out. Just this time hopefully it’s a more comprehensive clear out of players, coaches and those upstairs.

The ideal situation would be for Robbie to resign. 

Will he? Almost certainly not. In fact I would bet a good amount he won’t.

If that is the case he would need to be sacked. On what grounds? He has us top of the league and we are all but promoted.

If the board do sack him then the remainder of his contract will need paid out. I suspect that would cost in the region of £350K? That’s based on him being on £3K a week? I’m happy to be corrected on these figures.

However what ever that figure is it won’t have been budgeted for and money as we all know is extremely tight so my question is

How do we sack Robbie when we can’t afford to?

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

If that is the case he would need to be sacked. On what grounds? He has us top of the league and we are all but promoted.

If the board do sack him then the remainder of his contract will need paid out. I suspect that would cost in the region of £350K? That’s based on him being on £3K a week? I’m happy to be corrected on these figures.

However what ever that figure is it won’t have been budgeted for and money as we all know is extremely tight so my question is

We need some phoaties?

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

It would probably have to come out of the player budget for next season. A way must be found to get him out. 

Edited by GinRummy

10 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I’d like to know what happened with the Captaincy when Naismith isn’t playing. Think there is more going on what we don’t know. When Naismith wasn’t playing Halkett was captain Berra then reappears with the Armband on while Halkett is playing Then Gordon is the skipper. What happens when Souttar starts he is still down as VC . There is no stability in a Robbie squad . 

Another good point 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

we will just keep him on the payroll like we did with Levein, he will take another gig inside 2 years and we can stop paying it