SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )

Absolute Scenes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• graygo

• iainmac

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/why-hearts-fans-have-reached-breaking-point-with-drastic-decisions-being-made-3179864
Why Hearts fans have reached breaking point with drastic decisions being made
'Berra talked about this result being on the horizon for weeks. This, to many, has been years in the making.'
...Evening hobo seems to get it.

And at least it took an entire retail chain to break down our defence in 1900...

Nookie Bear

All the FoH needed to say was that they are demanding talks with the club's management and will put the views of a number of supporters forward and then report back to the supporters.

All i have heard is that the result was unacceptable...and yet acceptable.

Neilson was a stuttering mess in yesterday's presser, saying words wrongly. Tomorrow is going to be a total mess, a 5-0 win wouldn't even make me smile.

1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

Neilson was a stuttering mess in yesterday's presser, saying words wrongly. Tomorrow is going to be a total mess, a 5-0 win wouldn't even make me smile.

It'll be a shitty 1-1 draw or scraping a 1-0 win. I've absolutely 0 faith in the team besides Gordon. Get them all to ****.

30 minutes ago, David Black said:

I'm not blaming RN for the past 4 years, I'm clearly blaming AB and FOH.

No, you said "he along with AB and FOH"

Nothing will change until the summer. We are stuck with Phoodle and this shitshow of an assembled misfits until the window and or their contracts are at an end. 

Robbie is on a 3 year kushti contract. Why does he care if hearts do well or not. 

There is a complete negatively charged atmosphere at the club still hanging on from the stench of levein. 

Just an acceptance of mediocrity. It's hurting me in ways like I've lost someone. 

I'm grieving because the football club I once knew is gone. 

Until budge and most of the coaching and playing staff are moved on there will always be this acceptance of piss poor performances. 

It breaks my ****ing heart every barstewarding week seeing these bunch of spineless losers pull on our maroon jesery and budge and Co just accept it for what it is. 

Since returning to the UK in 2020, I have been stuck in self-isolating lockdown.  Through this period the one pleasure should have been being able to watch my beloved Hearts, albeit through video coverage, playing entertaining, winning football as the best team in the Championship.

However, despite being the best team and top of the league by a distance, the games have in general been a dismal watch.  The current Hearts squad should be winning games comfortably with goals to spare instead of scraping draws or winning by last minute penalties.  Clearly, the players cannot play to the tactics or the tactics chosen do not suit the current squad.  

Neilson set his stall out from the start of the season by indicating he wanted to operate a two-winger system.  This has failed dismally, with those wingers brought in (summer and winter windows) not meeting requirements or, if they do, being injured.  Midfield is still weak and the defence's continual embarrassments only saved by some brilliant goalkeeping by Gordon.   Where Neilson has failed dismally is to recognise that they would be playing against 10-men-behind-the-ball defence and by not having a formula to defend against a fast counter-attack when the ball is lost, usually due to a poor pass (from midfield) or by losing out in a 50/50 challenge.  Playing with Boyce as the sole striker did not work and the introduction of Gnando has proved only limited effective.  Letting Wighton go and promoting Henderson to the bench was strange decision.  Wghton can score goals, Hendo not so much.

It is not all Neilson's fault, as players with long contracts, e.g. Damour, Halkett, Berra, etc. were brought in by Levein.

Hearts will be promoted, despite these issues, but it needs a full clear out for next season which I doubt Budge, FOH or Neilson will be able to manage. 

Image result for Calimero Emoji

5 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Nothing will change until the summer. We are stuck with Phoodle and this shitshow of an assembled misfits until the window and or their contracts are at an end. 

Can I just say that I get 11 words into your post and I give up reading it. 

David Black
15 minutes ago, graygo said:

No, you said "he along with AB and FOH"

Sorry, but what I am saying is that " he, along with AB and FOH had better get their heads round the fact this is not just about Tuesday, it is the culmination of 4 years". That is totally different to what you are implying. Clearly no one can blame RN for the past 4 years. 

SectionDJambo
21 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/why-hearts-fans-have-reached-breaking-point-with-drastic-decisions-being-made-3179864
'Berra talked about this result being on the horizon for weeks. This, to many, has been years in the making.'

That statistic of 61 wins out of 182 Premiership matches in the 5 years between promotion and demotion is something for the current hierarchy of Hearts to be ashamed of and make sure is never repeated. But nothing seems to be changing. It's probably a far worse picture if the last 2 seasons before demotion are examined on their own. It's a sure sign of how soft Hearts have become. There is a complacency that has engulfed our club over those 5 years.

And they ask us not to do anything rash. It's time Hearts did something rash, like remember to have some respect for the playing history of the club over most of our 147 years in existence.

Greedy Jambo

Since 2016, the team have failed to beat Maltese opposition, lost to Peterhead, drawn with East Fife, scudded 5-0 by Livingston, lost to part-time Alloa Athletic in the Betfred Cup and now the Brora Rangers debacle.

‘Success’

5 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

That statistic of 61 wins out of 182 Premiership matches 

Winning is for teams like Man City & Man Utd not Heart of Midlothian FC.

1 hour ago, David Black said:

Just read RN in the EEN. I like Robbie as a person and most certainly never thought of him being stupid, but he, along with AB and FOH had better get their heads round the fact this is not just about Tuesday, it is the culmination of 4 years of endless dross, boredom , poor decisions and millions wasted. What he is doing along with AB and SW yesterday is put a political type spin on it, deflection of these 4 years into 1 shocking result. Again this is where Stuart Wallace should come in by getting this into their heads, not going along with it. As well as being incompetent they now all becoming a laughing stock.

Stuart Wallace's inaction speaks volumes. 

12 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

That statistic of 61 wins out of 182 Premiership matches in the 5 years between promotion and demotion is something for the current hierarchy of Hearts to be ashamed of and make sure is never repeated. But nothing seems to be changing. It's probably a far worse picture if the last 2 seasons before demotion are examined on their own. It's a sure sign of how soft Hearts have become. There is a complacency that has engulfed our club over those 5 years.

And they ask us not to do anything rash. It's time Hearts did something rash, like remember to have some respect for the playing history of the club over most of our 147 years in existence.

I would love to see the other clubs stats in the same period. Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell, St Johnstone etc.

Would take a bit of time, but would be a good thing to compare with. 

So Make Some Noise..

The only defence I would have for Robbie comes in the form of Jose Mourinho's pre-match interview before Spurs game against Marines.

"If we lose in the premier league, it's 100% my fault. If we lose here, it's 100% their (the players) fault" - Or words to this affect.

No professional football teams full of full time / international players should be losing those matches, regardless of manager or tactics.

1 hour ago, David Black said:

Just read RN in the EEN. I like Robbie as a person and most certainly never thought of him being stupid, but he, along with AB and FOH had better get their heads round the fact this is not just about Tuesday, it is the culmination of 4 years of endless dross, boredom , poor decisions and millions wasted. What he is doing along with AB and SW yesterday is put a political type spin on it, deflection of these 4 years into 1 shocking result. Again this is where Stuart Wallace should come in by getting this into their heads, not going along with it. As well as being incompetent they now all becoming a laughing stock.

It's beyond belief that the clowns who are slowly sucking the life out of our club, honestly believe that the supporters anger is over the Brora Rangers defeat. Your post is spot on David.

Heart Of Midlothian FC is being run by complete and utter idiots who are not worthy to come anywhere near Tynecastle Park.

Stewart Wallace can claw my hump. His views are not representative of mine as I do not agree with what he says. Maybe he should consult pledgers first before making comments, or just go to his inbox.

30 minutes ago, OTT said:

I would love to see the other clubs stats in the same period. Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell, St Johnstone etc.

Would take a bit of time, but would be a good thing to compare with. 

Only five teams were in the Premier in that five year period. Others came and went etc so not included.

Hooped demons-138

Sheep-100

St John- 68

Well-67

Killie-62

👍

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...probably the worst in the history of the competition! As you say, both cup exits are an absolute disgrace. This isn't going away any time soon, and the sooner the board and AB realise this the better.

I think we all understood that he League was the main thing this year and the cups were not so important. I said it myself - but what I meant is that if the league was in any way tight, we'd be best to focus on it. As it is the league is effectively won and has been for weeks but that doesn't mean the players are entitled to start their summer holidays in March! And "not focussing on" the cups doesn't mean surrendering to Alloa and Brora Rangers!

13 minutes ago, Boab said:

Only five teams were in the Premier in that five year period. Others came and went etc so not included.

Hooped demons-138

Sheep-100

St John- 68

Well-67

Killie-62

👍

Cheers Boab :) 

So our standards have sunk to sub Killie levels. 

Dearie me. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Cheers Boab :) 

So our standards have sunk to sub Killie levels. 

Dearie me. 

And even further below St. Johnstone and Motherwell.  :facepalm:

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Joel seems to have read the room well. 

2 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

What's in store today then. After yesterday's PR disasters from the club i half expecting a Murdoch Maclennan type interview today where Robbie answers some questions he approved or writes himself. I honestly think he will be removed tomorrow morning. No way will Budge want to be associated with a mass gathering that will get all the wrong kind of media attention. That added in with a big drop off in Foh support . Removing him is the only sensible option now. Hearts have made situation worse by stupid statements and allowing Robbie to speak to the press. 

We might get a statement from are ceo or not 😂

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If I was him, I'd be trying to doorstep the CEO for an "exclusive" to get his thoughts. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

If I was him, I'd be trying to doorstep the CEO for an "exclusive" to get his thoughts. 

The CEO doesn’t seem to have a CEO role, in the normal sense of the word  

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

As in taking a salary for doing nothing? Oh I see nudge nudge wink wink say no more. 

21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I have to say that this line from him is the best of the week for me:

Winning this Championship is a success in the same way remembering to brush your teeth is a success.

Bad Religion
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Since 2016, the team have failed to beat Maltese opposition, lost to Peterhead, drawn with East Fife, scudded 5-0 by Livingston, lost to part-time Alloa Athletic in the Betfred Cup and now the Brora Rangers debacle.

‘Success’

download.jpg

3 hours ago, graygo said:

You can't blame RN for the past 4 years, we're going to win the league so it's hard to criticise him for anything other than the performances and looking at the league they have been good enough, entertainment is secondary. 2 cup ties, 2 shocking cup ties, that's what can be laid at his door. Most think that is enough to be sacked, it looks like Ann Budge doesn't.

We don’t need a manager to win this tin pot division.  The players we have are able to go out there and win this league in their sleep.

The way some hearts fans treat the league win as some kind of achievement is cringeworthy (I’m not suggesting you are) 

Annoys me when I see the club pull itself off about the ‘priority of winning the championship’ :rofl: just sums up the pathetic losers we have at the club now. 

Edited by Shanks

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

Winning this Championship is a success in the same way remembering to brush your teeth is a success.

He got that out of his journalist’s annual I imagine. 😂

Japan Jambo
20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Think it's an excellent precis of what has been written on the board tbh. 

The comments attributed to Stuart Wallace really don't reflect well either - clearly more focused on the pledges than playing a part in effecting much needed change. Sounds like at least it's grabbing their attention.

Gordon Ramsay
4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Yep. 

He's absolutely nailed it there. 

SectionDJambo
37 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I think we all understood that he League was the main thing this year and the cups were not so important. I said it myself - but what I meant is that if the league was in any way tight, we'd be best to focus on it. As it is the league is effectively won and has been for weeks but that doesn't mean the players are entitled to start their summer holidays in March! And "not focussing on" the cups doesn't mean surrendering to Alloa and Brora Rangers!

As fans, we can realistically only expect to win either of the cups. In my time, so far, of actually going to see Hearts, we have won 3 in around 55 years, or 110 tournaments.

So history suggests that opportunities for us to win a trophy don’t come around too often. Why on earth, then, does the current Hearts hierarchy think that we should be anything other than as mad as hell about being dumped out of the 2 competitions this season by Alloa and Brora?

It’s one thing losing to a decent side, or the luck of the draw going against us, as has happened many times over the years, but losing to such a standard of opponent as this season is completely unacceptable. 
We have endured painful cup defeats in the past, but seldom have those defeats been brushed off as easily as Hearts seem to think these 2 can be, under the guise of not being our main focus. We could probably say that about losing a European tie, in a tournament we have no chance of winning, but not a domestic cup which we should have every hope of winning.

Rogue Daddy
5 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Ha Ha, yes. I hope the board read this.

Robbo-Jambo
7 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Ffs. 

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Which is strange, as AB clearly stated that she was "stepping back" to let this guy run the show. 

There's been Bobbygate, Streamingate & now Broragate & he's never uttered a word in public. 

Maybe AB is just a control freak & won't let him? 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Which is strange, as AB clearly stated that she was "stepping back" to let this guy run the show. 

There's been Bobbygate, Streamingate & now Broragate & he's never uttered a word in public. 

Maybe AB is just a control freak & won't let him? 

Very likely. I thought he would oversee the day to day running of everything and Ann would revert to a Non/exec chair role but he seems to be at the same level as Robbie and Savage in the structure. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Very likely. I thought he would oversee the day to day running of everything and Ann would revert to a Non/exec chair role but he seems to be at the same level as Robbie and Savage in the structure. 

I suspect he is the middleman between Budge and the governing bodies.

David Black
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Therein lies the entire problem within the club and the decision making. AB still gets involved in about everything although she did state she would step back from doing so. An example was a couple of weeks ago in which she, JS and RN were discussing transfers for next season. What the hell is that got to do with AB. Her role along with Jaquie Duncan is determine the budget, advise the CEO and he gets on with it alongside JS and RN. Until we get rid of AB we will never function what could be described as normal. Sorry to say it but AB is on a massive ego trip as was shown on the TV docu. Do you know if she is up for re-election this December?

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, David Black said:

Therein lies the entire problem within the club and the decision making. AB still gets involved in about everything although she did state she would step back from doing so. An example was a couple of weeks ago in which she, JS and RN were discussing transfers for next season. What the hell is that got to do with AB. Her role along with Jaquie Duncan is determine the budget, advise the CEO and he gets on with it alongside JS and RN. Until we get rid of AB we will never function what could be described as normal. Sorry to say it but AB is on a massive ego trip as was shown on the TV docu. Do you know if she is up for re-election this December?

No idea when her term expires. 

3 minutes ago, David Black said:

That documentary was a real eye opener. Uncomfortable viewing too often. Yet quite sad in other ways.

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I suspect he is the middleman between Budge and the governing bodies.

I've only heard from McKinley once and that was on Sportsound with dungcaster and the sheep clown, mccormack... got say, I liked the 'cut of his jib!' Got a couple of sly digs in at that pair of trumpets. I think we could do with a bit more of his 'attitude' on air... I wonder how he's liking his position... or is AB doing it for him and can't let go?

heartandsoul
2 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Robbie is on a 3 year kushti contract. Why does he care if hearts do well or not. 

There is a complete negatively charged atmosphere at the club still hanging on from the stench of levein. 

Just an acceptance of mediocrity. It's hurting me in ways like I've lost someone. 

I'm grieving because the football club I once knew is gone. 

Until budge and most of the coaching and playing staff are moved on there will always be this acceptance of piss poor performances. 

It breaks my ****ing heart every barstewarding week seeing these bunch of spineless losers pull on our maroon jesery and budge and Co just accept it for what it is. 

Excellent post, straight from the heart.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No idea when her term expires. 

Until her shares are transferred it is a bit academic.

With hindsight it is odd that Scott Gardiner had the leeway to forget to order the seats. Perhaps he didn't.

davemclaren
Just now, Francis Albert said:

With hindsight it is odd that Scott Gardiner had the leeway to forget to order the seats. Perhaps he didn't.

I’m assuming her shares will be transferred by then. 😩

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Always wondered why the main contractor or project manager wasn't the one ordering the bloody seats?