Rangers League win ( merged )

LeftBack

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Candy said:

Scottish society has been blighted by rangers and celtic for as long as I can remember. A Scotland without them would be a better place.

Absolutely. They get away with behaviour other groups wouldn’t, always have and quite frankly the Police are a joke. 

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Riccarton3

• Bongo 1874

SectionDJambo
10 minutes ago, ericb said:

What makes the BBC think it's a good idea to despatch a reporter to interview fans outside ibrox? When others can't meet friends or family outside 

You make a good point. Really giving positive coverage to them when they should have been asking them what the hell they were doing, when they know the risks of behaviour like that during this pandemic. The usual cheerleading of BBC Scotland where either of the bigoted entities are concerned.

On a different note, I wonder how long it will take for the venom of Celtic’s morons to be directed, again, at Rodgers. They said he left behind the certainty of being a legend for winning the 10 in a row for them, and were predictably unpleasant towards him for betraying their mission of their holy grail. Lennon was vilified by them after being their hero. Rodgers will be regarded as equally responsible for their failure to take full advantage of Rangers’ previous demise.

1 hour ago, ericb said:

What makes the BBC think it's a good idea to despatch a reporter to interview fans outside ibrox? When others can't meet friends or family outside 

bang on the money. Nailed it

Aussie Jambo
7 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

If it is the same club here cometh the tax man.

100% Spot on. 👏👍

Sevco: Oh yeh we’re Rangers. 55 ya bass. 

Tax man: Is that right pal? Well that’s £22m plus interest over last nine years.

Sevco: Nah we’re Sevco or as we changed our name again to ‘The Rangers.‘

Tax man. Aye ok then. 😱

A_A wehatethehibs

Setting aside the fans and dross that surrounds their club etc you have to say one thing

An outstanding performance by their players and Gerrard this season, what a job he has done, they have absolutely demolished a sorry Celtic. 

It would be pretty funny if they went on to match Brendan Rodgers 106 point season that would really have the Celtic fans spewing 

The huns winning the league puts a lot of the crap spouted on here in perspective. Remember when hearts beat them - last season? - at tynie and the hunettes we’re going mental behind the goal. Hurling abuse at players and shouting on SG to be sacked. No one gets it right straight away. It takes time to bring in the right mix of players and set about getting the mindset on where it needs to be. 

The Treasurer

I hope when the SG pull the plug on the Euros being played at Hampden that they cite the behaviour of the sevco fans as a major factor in their decision.

Lets see the media put a positive spin on that.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I hope when the SG pull the plug on the Euros being played at Hampden that they cite the behaviour of the sevco fans as a major factor in their decision.

The plug should be pulled by UEFA on the entire plan for the “euros across 20 different countries” it is idiotic under the circumstances, come back and do it in 10 years time. Should’ve been scrapped a year ago when it got postponed, the revised plan should be for the whole tournament played with players and staff in a bubble in 1 city - London being the obvious choice. 

Forever Hearts

Congratulations to Rangers. They've been the best team by a mile and their title win is thoroughly deserved. 

mellors1874

Bang average rangers side beat really bang average Celtic side to win one of poorest premier leagues ever.

Sick and tired of media bumming up slippy g luckiest manager ever 

10 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Bang average rangers side beat really bang average Celtic side to win one of poorest premier leagues ever.

If they're "bang average" I shudder to think what that makes the rest of Scottish football. And the portion of Europe they have walked all over too. Or maybe been lucky in 32 league games and something like a dozen Euro games. 

10 hours ago, Candy said:

You're spot on. 

I can't help lamenting the fact that we should be soooo much better. With the backing of FOH and JA we are ridiculously  behind  where we should be as a minimum.

One day....a club that isn't from Glasgow will win the Scottish  league. Let's hope its us.

It could happen in my opinion but, very much like 86 a number of things need to happen

Right manager who can motivate players to do more than they think they can

Right blend of youth and experience 

Rangers & Celtic players playing more games

Teams like Aberdeen, Hibs, Killie taking points off them

No-one who plays for them or in the media believe anyone else is a threat

That could really work in our favour

As for Rangers. Just Celtic in a different strip for me. Disgusting club and support

Nookie Bear

Rangers, their fans, their players past and present, Gerrard, their “sympathisers” amongst our support can all get f___, quite frankly. 

Still prefer them winning the league to celtic but nobody really “wins” in this situation. 

54 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Congratulations to Rangers. They've been the best team by a mile and their title win is thoroughly deserved. 

my dislike for them aside I agree. Gerrard has done an unbelievable job and in Europe also. A fantastic squad he has built up and a perfect league campaign that has just pissed all over Celtic which is brilliant. 

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

They will find a way. BTW, has there been any statement from SPFL/SFA yet?

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

They have been the best team by some distance,Gerrard has built a really good squad of players. As to congratulating them not a chance, call me small minded but there is no way!! I could bring myself to congratulate any of the erse cheeks regardless how good they are. HHGH!!.

Huns won the league at a canter - congratulations. Only interested as I see it as a way of punishing Celtic by stopping their mythical 10 in a row, pleasing because of their involvement in demoting us last season. Back to hating them both equally, natural order.

Das Viertel Hearts
1 hour ago, mellors1874 said:

Instantly forgettable and unwatched.  The season that wasn't.

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

Based on last night's experience, it's about time sales of fireworks were banned to OF supporters.

This would be easily implemented as you wouldn't need to introduce an ID system as you can tell they are old firm fans just by looking at them.  

Good idea that won't cost much.  

Just now, Auldbenches said:

This would be easily implemented as you wouldn't need to introduce an ID system as you can tell they are old firm fans just by looking at them.  

Good idea that won't cost much.  

Only quoting you because of your user name and the topic of this post... though it's appalling behaviour :oldsad:

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Setting aside the fans and dross that surrounds their club etc you have to say one thing

An outstanding performance by their players and Gerrard this season, what a job he has done, they have absolutely demolished a sorry Celtic. 

It would be pretty funny if they went on to match Brendan Rodgers 106 point season that would really have the Celtic fans spewing 

Celtic can't claim rangers won it because they imploded, Gerrard has them playing decent stuff.   

Hate both so can't lose when one upsets the other.  

Auldbenches
2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Only quoting you because of your user name and the topic of this post... though it's appalling behaviour :oldsad:

You'd think after winning it they would be happy.  Though look at the leith lot after they eventually done what dozens of other teams had done.  Maybe it gets to juveniles heads.  

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

You'd think after winning it they would be happy.  Though look at the leith lot after they eventually done what dozens of other teams had done.  Maybe it gets to juveniles heads.  

Sadly, that IS them being happy!

Auldbenches
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Sadly, that IS them being happy!

Did they not get banned from.a country after winning a European trophy? 

I forgot they also got over excited when they saw their first big telly.  

Edited by Auldbenches

7 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Indeed they did. 1972. Some things never change.

Ps ... Manchester 2008. The big telly wasn't working!

Edited by Wee Mikey

Posted at 15:47 7 Mar15:47 7 Mar

Desperate for Gerrard to stay - McCulloch

Former Rangers player Lee McCulloch tells BBC Radio 5Live "it's been a little bit emotional".

"Ten years is a long time to wait," he says. "Every Rangers fan all around the world will be celebrating this tonight.

"The club hit rock bottom. It's been a slow climb back up, but today is all about Steven Gerrard and his squad.

"The changes Steven has made, the leadership he's shown, the recruitment, on and off the pitch, the club has been fantastic.

21 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

It wasn't a country ban. They were given a one year ban from all European competition following a pitch invasion at the end of the 1972 cup winners cup final which they won.

27 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

It's a common theme in football sadly. I recall England fans destroyed an ambulance and other vehicles after they got the semi's of the WC 

portobellojambo1
12 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Not even s Masonic handshake as far as I know. Could be wrong, of course.

Neither Masonic nor Orange.

Can’t condemn folk for doing something I know fine well tens of thousands of Hearts would do if we won the league - show up to tynecastle and princes street. Trying to suggest otherwise would be lying 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Similar to celebrations in Liverpool and Leeds. 

All 3 clubs tortured. 

Perth last week too, but since they only have 10 fans just not so widely reported. 

Inevitable, personally I blame it on Celtic. 

Had they put up any sort of reasonable fight, more than half the country would have been vaccinated before it happened 

11 hours ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

Whatever we think about Rangers, Celtic making a complete ***** of their precious "ten" in a row after almost a decade of smugness and entitlement is absolutely :pleasing:

And all thanks to Neil Lennon :gok:

It was always win win regardless. Celtic imploding has been tremendous banter.

If Rangers had failed it would have seen Gerrard and a huge chunk of marketing/sponsors walk whilst fans they tried to claim 10 in a row was somehow tainted. 

:rofl:

ToadKiller Dog

It will be the rest of us punished for the Orc fans behaviour that I've no doubt .

The Gov can't be seen to be soft on this .

The memorial benches were torched by the Orcs in George Square. Yeah I'm sure our support would smash up princess st Gardens if it was us .

Football wise the Orcs are the best team and have decent well drilled side that stands out in a piss poor league ,Celtic run by Lennon disjointed mess wasting decent players  ,the rest of the sides are poor as the league has ever been ,most are not much better than we play in the championship. 

After last year it amuses watching celtic plans come to nowt but I won't celebrate the other ugly sisters success. 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

kirkierobroy
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Union Jackist thugs seem to gravitate to George Square, and have dne since they attacked wee lassies there in September 2014.

Words cannot express how much I detest this football club, their degenerate fans and their questionable history. And the same goes for the other lot.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

They are a good team tbh. 

I'll save the congratulations tho. 

portobellojambo1

In terms of the celebrations I think it is a bit difficult to say they were wrong to celebrate. I only say that because I know if it had been us who had just won the league (a) I wouldn't be posting on here just now as I'd still be out celebrating somewhere and (b) I think I'd have probably headed along to Tynecastle after the game that won us the title had finished, given it is less than a 5 minute walk to get there.

As for the destruction of property, that cannot be defended, but they as a fan base are not alone in that. At a lower level I've been inside Easter Road on more than one occasion at our league games and witnessed totally unnecessary destruction of property inside the ground, so in terms of destruction we are no angels.

As for whether it was title number 1 or title number 55 I really don't care, I'm more focussed on maintaining the hope that before I depart this world I have the chance to witness HMFC winning the top league title. It is a hope more than an expectation, but maintaining hope is what keeps you going.

34 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Neither Masonic nor Orange.

It's also nothing official from the club, thank ****

48 minutes ago, TheBigO said:
Posted at 15:47 7 Mar15:47 7 Mar

Desperate for Gerrard to stay - McCulloch

Former Rangers player Lee McCulloch tells BBC Radio 5Live "it's been a little bit emotional".

"Ten years is a long time to wait," he says. "Every Rangers fan all around the world will be celebrating this tonight.

"The club hit rock bottom. It's been a slow climb back up, but today is all about Steven Gerrard and his squad.

"The changes Steven has made, the leadership he's shown, the recruitment, on and off the pitch, the club has been fantastic.

In all honesty, and if the emotions are getting the better of him, he can feck off back over to them, if that’s how he feels. 

he would be better concentrating on our team, than casting forlonging glances over to theirs. 

That said I’m glad they stopped septic from getting their precious 10in a row. 

The Scottish Government should just keep Glasgow in lockdown for 6 months longer and move all Euro games to Murrayfield. Sorted. 

Shooter McGavin

I seem to remember large gatherings in Glasgow for BLM & and an SNP rally.

So to say I’m not really bothered about Rangers fans celebrating would be an understatement. 

11 hours ago, ericb said:

Just goes to show how predictable yesterday's celebrations were. There didn't seem to be any plan in place other than to let it happen. Not sure how Scottish football in general can be sanctioned for that.

It was always going to happen.

All things considered it could have been a lot worse.

Could have ended up like the Liverpool fans celebrations last year.

A lot on here thought that was okay.

Would have been interesting to see how we would have done things if we had won the cup last year

I personally would have stayed at home but I'm sure thousands would have not.