Rangers League win ( merged )

LeftBack

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

My first Hearts match was nearly 56 years ago and we lost the league that day. I’d still rather support Hearts than any other team. Probably an illogical position if you want success but that’s how it is. 

Your making me feel young now mate, think my first game was about 51 years ago, brass band on the pitch at HT, no idea if that was normal or some sort of special occasion, would be v Motherwell as thats who my old man supports.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Riccarton3

• Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Not even s Masonic handshake as far as I know. Could be wrong, of course.

No, you’re not wrong, R3.

These Mason chaps get into all sorts of funny wee positions whilst trying to shake the red glove of another. 👍

davemclaren
Just now, SectionDJambo said:

You were probably the same as me, and many others, who thought we’d never see Hearts win any major trophies, such was our prevalence of buggering things up over many years. But we’ve seen 3. Could have, and should have been more. 
1986 was the sorest one for me, probably more so because we suspect all wasn’t played out above board, and because it’s unlikely that we’ll get another chance.

But we live in hope. Sometimes a good season comes along when we least expect it.

Absolutely. 

25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Came so close to it twice in my life.  Running out of time now. 😄

If I win the lottery dave 😂 I'll try make it happen for you ☺. 

davemclaren
Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Your making me feel young now mate, think my first game was about 51 years ago, brass band on the pitch at HT, no idea if that was normal or some sort of special occasion, would be v Motherwell as thats who my old man supports.

Bands were quite common in those days iirc. 😄

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

My first Hearts match was nearly 56 years ago and we lost the league that day. I’d still rather support Hearts than any other team. Probably an illogical position if you want success but that’s how it is. 

Clubs the size of Hearts are always looking for success. But at the end of the day it can't be about nothing but. The reality is most clubs will never see any major titles or trophies. Yet still they have fans turning up.

I saw someone on a sheep forum state that if the club accept they can't win the league, which they pretty much do, certainly currently, "then what's the point"?

That's not a football fan is it? If the chance of winning the league were the only objective and everyone else who has no chance just gave up there would be no football.

21 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

For that to happen it would always help if managers could avoid putting us into the Championship.

Yeah you also need to try out score the opponent, and not sit back inviting pressure. 

Which if you see teams that win leagues, they usually have a better goal difference than anyone 😉

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Clubs the size of Hearts are always looking for success. But at the end of the day it can't be about nothing but. The reality is most clubs will never see any major titles or trophies. Yet still they have fans turning up.

I saw someone on a sheep forum state that if the club accept they can't win the league, which they pretty much do, certainly currently, "then what's the point"?

That's not a football fan is it? If the chance of winning the league were the only objective and everyone else who has no chance just gave up there would be no football.

Correct. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah you also need to try out score the opponent, and not sit back inviting pressure. 

Which if you see teams that win leagues, they usually have a better goal difference than anyone 😉

Like Hearts you mean? 😄

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Like Hearts you mean? 😄

Sometimes Dave yeah ☺. 

Hopefully see that attitude when we get promoted 😊

Need to wait and see. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Ex member of the SaS
37 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The first title win chat is horrendous. We all know they're the same club - same name, stadium, colours, horrible songs and odious fans!

I'm glad they've won it and puts an end to celtics 10 in a row shit. Celtic deserved to lose it for being so cocky and arrogant. They basically won 8 of their 9 titles with no competition.

If they are the same club why did they tell abuse ( I am not getting into that argument ) victims to go after the old co? Old club new club when it suits them. First win for me and no yes but's will ever change that. Best case scenario for me was them to win it ending Celtic's crap and then go bust. That would be just fine.

Doctor FinnBarr
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Bands were quite common in those days iirc. 😄

First time I had seen one at a game and I was took (screaming and kicking) to Fir Park every other week. Days of Jackie  McInally, Jumbo Muir, Bobby Watson and even Tam Forsyth

1 minute ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

First time I had seen one at a game and I was took (screaming and kicking) to Fir Park every other week. Days of Jackie  McInally, Jumbo Muir, Bobby Watson and even Tam Forsyth

Jaws!

Ex member of the SaS
48 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Seen a Hearts page on Facebook share this image earlier 🤯

EBD7E12E-C583-4AA5-B220-8F028B1D2A53.jpeg

Can admins please remove that vile image. Nothing to do with the poster just the image.

I’m not celebrating the fact they won it, but I’m damn well happy that they stopped that horrible corrupt and filthy other arse cheek from getting their coveted nonsense of 10 in a row.

The fact they were embarrassed  like a weak kitten is very pleasing. After the summers nonsense from Lawwell etc I’m having a glass of red to Celtic making an arse of it. 
First Ministers briefing tomorrow will be interesting thats for sure

Edited by 1971fozzy

7 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The success of  other teams should never exceed the meaning there is in supporting the team you do. 

I always like to think we delayed this by two or three seasons by winning the Championship that season.

No way would they have expected to spend two seasons in there.

We ****ing destroyed them around that time. 

4 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Candy is Hibs.

100% Hibs.

What is your reasoning behind this horrid accusation?

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Decent team then. 

2 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

He's got Channon by the baws

Jesus!  You’re going back a bit now.

Fluorescent Adolescent
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

What is your reasoning behind this horrid accusation?

My eyes.

15 years I've been on here. First time I've been called a Hibs fan.

Quite an achievement  for someone who 

Has 50,000 shares

Nearly 4000 FOH maroon points 

Has a hearts tatoo

Been a Season ticket holder for 30 years. Same seat in section D since the wheatfield was opened

Edited by Candy

Bret the Hitman Hearts

Whatever we think about Rangers, Celtic making a complete ***** of their precious "ten" in a row after almost a decade of smugness and entitlement is absolutely :pleasing:

And all thanks to Neil Lennon :gok:

Not having to please 48k knuckle dragging Orcs every other week took the pressure off Sevco's expensive squad. Celtic on the other hand suffered by not having their legions. Lennon certainly proved himself a dumpling ably assisted by Lawwell, but it was the perfect Sevco storm. I expect it will be way closer next time and we'll see if newco can qualify for the CL. Likely they need the money to stay out of admin.

Doctor FinnBarr
19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Decent team then. 

My wee brother had Dixie Deans autograph on his stookie after he broke his arm, he got sense too and is one of us nowadays as are his Scouse laddies.

Stookie on his leg, it was a leg he broke, sorry

He's in a Liverpool hospital right now waiting on a quadruple heart bypass tomorrow, just been cancelled but they're keeping him anyhow incase they can fit him in, shiting myself for him.

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Not having to please 48k knuckle dragging Orcs every other week took the pressure off Sevco's expensive squad. Celtic on the other hand suffered by not having their legions. Lennon certainly proved himself a dumpling ably assisted by Lawwell, but it was the perfect Sevco storm. I expect it will be way closer next time and we'll see if newco can qualify for the CL. Likely they need the money to stay out of admin.

Think Celtic could be in a bit of a mess for a while. A lot of players will be going in the summer. Big rebuild for whoever gets the job and will come with a fair bit of pressure. 

1 hour ago, Candy said:

You're spot on. 

I can't help lamenting the fact that we should be soooo much better. With the backing of FOH and JA we are ridiculously  behind  where we should be as a minimum.

One day....a club that isn't from Glasgow will win the Scottish  league. Let's hope its us.

I very much doubt anyone out with that two will ever win it unless someone appears with money to burn. 

Just now, Byyy The Light said:

Think Celtic could be in a bit of a mess for a while. A lot of players will be going in the summer. Big rebuild for whoever gets the job and will come with a fair bit of pressure. 

A big clear out for sure. I would make newco favourites to retain right now but we'll see. 

Just now, stevie1874 said:

I very much doubt anyone out with that two will ever win it unless someone appears with money to burn. 

Probably,but we came close in 1998 and 2006. One way or another it will eventually happen.

3 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Pretty much the way I see it. I just don't see a way around their massive financial advantage which I would say is currently greater than it has ever been. Unbridgeable.

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Pretty much the way I see it. I just don't see a way around their massive financial advantage which I would say is currently greater than it has ever been. Unbridgeable.

Certainly while you have to go to Glasgow 4 times a season 

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I don’t think Rangers fans will be arsed about a thread on the kickback about 1 title or number 55 😂😂😂😂

They are when you remind them that they let their club die 😆😇😆😆😆😄😄😃😃

1 minute ago, Candy said:

Probably,but we came close in 1998 and 2006. One way or another it will eventually happen.

Don’t think we really came that close towards the end of those seasons we tailed off. 1986 was our chance and we all know what happened. Football was different in those days it’s been ruined by money nowadays where it’s a closed shop in most leagues. If you told a youngster today that we almost beat Bayern in the quarter final, or Dundee Utd beat Barca over two legs to reach a uefa final or Aberdeen beat Real and win a European trophy they’d think you were pissed 😂. I’ll still go hoping that we can win the league but the chances are slim to nil. 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, Spitonastranger said:

They are when you remind them that they let their club die 😆😇😆😆😆😄😄😃😃

I certainly have on FB, don't seem awfy keen on facts

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Realistically yes, but its never sat right with me that we accept tbe pinnacle of our achievements as being 3rd best and the odd cup final. Its a losers mentality 

How we bridge the gap?  I don't know know, but hope is what keeps me going. 

We won't win the league in my lifetime.

I detest Rangers.

I am ****ing delighted they won this league.  10 in a row my arse.

Just now, Candy said:

Realistically yes, but its never sat right with me that we accept tbe pinnacle of our achievements as being 3rd best and the odd cup final. Its a losers mentality 

How we bridge the gap?  I don't know know, but hope is what keeps me going. 

Agreed and it starts with the management changing the mentality from the bottom up. Nothing against Mrs Budge the off field situation has never been better but our mentality has changed as a club over the years to nice and comfy has dripped  down from the top. 

Doctor FinnBarr
10 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I detest Rangers.

It doesn't bear well with many on here Uly but I detest both parts of the arsecheeks, would prefer to sit watching a game in the pub with |Hobbits, Huns/Dhims can't understand it.

I've got a mate, lets just call him Joe Duffy who hates us more than The Rangers, he doesn't know why he hates us more though. I reckon its because he knows what The Rangers stand for but we confuse them.

davemclaren
31 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

My wee brother had Dixie Deans autograph on his stookie after he broke his arm, he got sense too and is one of us nowadays as are his Scouse laddies.

Stookie on his leg, it was a leg he broke, sorry

He's in a Liverpool hospital right now waiting on a quadruple heart bypass tomorrow, just been cancelled but they're keeping him anyhow incase they can fit him in, shiting myself for him.

Jeez, not so good. Hope it works out ok. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

The first title win chat is horrendous. We all know they're the same club - same name, stadium, colours, horrible songs and odious fans!

I'm glad they've won it and puts an end to celtics 10 in a row shit. Celtic deserved to lose it for being so cocky and arrogant. They basically won 8 of their 9 titles with no competition.

Same club when it comes to claiming past titles but not when it comes to apologising for past child abuse it seems. 

Certainly not a Rangers fan but delighted that they stopped Celtic’s 10 in a row and resulted in Lennon getting the boot!

Glamorgan Jambo
10 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I detest Rangers.

Echoes my feelings perfectly.

I do have a certain respect for Douglas Park though. A Hearts director for quite a few years he has put plenty money he won’t ever see again into Rangers. I also presume he threatened to banjo Doncaster last summer which lead to the famous ‘cease and desist’ requests.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Certainly not a Rangers fan but delighted that they stopped Celtic’s 10 in a row and resulted in Lennon getting the boot!

👍summed up perfectly 

Doctor FinnBarr
14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Jeez, not so good. Hope it works out ok. 

Thanks Dave, I'll keep JKB informed

Still think he's the twat that wiped his arse on the wifes towel after the 2019 cup final.

Belgiejambo

you watching this?

I've wound you and carrots up for long enough, it was HIM without a doubt

Pasquale for King

Can you be glad one team didn’t win it but ambivalent to the othe winning it, especially when they do this. Both halves are as bad as each other and have negatively affected us and this country all my life. Scum of the ****ing earth. 

5F699189-553C-406D-BB98-6D6CB29FA4FB.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can you be glad on team didn’t win it but ambivalent to the others winning it, especially when they do this. Both halves are as bad as each other and have negatively affected us and this country all my life. Scum of the ****ing earth. 

5F699189-553C-406D-BB98-6D6CB29FA4FB.jpeg

Scottish society has been blighted by rangers and celtic for as long as I can remember. A Scotland without them would be a better place.

What makes the BBC think it's a good idea to despatch a reporter to interview fans outside ibrox? When others can't meet friends or family outside