Nine Unbeaten ( edited )

Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I’m just happy with a win today. Changes the whole weekend for me. 

Correct Dave

decent win today and I won 600 on a coupon so not a bad weekend 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• Thomaso

davemclaren
Just now, James1874f said:

Correct Dave

decent win today and I won 600 on a coupon so not a bad weekend 

That is a good weekend indeed. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's the run of draws ended, so unbeaten in 7 now, 4 wins 3 draws.

2 home games and 1 away game coming up, I can see us being 10 unbeaten and the league over.

Can we see the league season out unbeaten?

7 unbeaten eh - well I never! Thanks for that sensational info Tosh! 👍

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Claiming draws as unbeaten is a stretch, and in this league it really is papering over the cracks. Had we played the whole game the way we started, instead of going deep and allowing them the whole pitch I would be bouncing, However this is just a normal win and is nowhere near good enough for a team of our stature.

If only Robbie had allowed them to play as they started we would not have been sitting on the edge of our seats for 15 minutes.

Hopefully he sees how well we played and in comparison to the last few weeks we did play well and we should be playing like that every week from now on. Just don't do a Levein and defend a one goal lead.

:cornette:😙span widget

18 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Everything you ever post is about Stendel.

:rofl:

‘A decent standard’? 

Well we’ve certainly improved since that German fraud left Edinburgh. 👍🏻

You stalking me now like bit weird but I can assure you i don't. 

We have certainly improved since he left, erm well I suppose you could compare being 3-0 down to Killie at home the same as being 3-0 down to Raith at home so i see what you mean by improvement 🤔

It's almost like we deserved to be demoted going by some people on here🤔

I would argue have we improved tbh when we haven't beaten a Scottish Premiership team this season within 90 minutes, and we have struggled to beat inferior opposition in the championship within 90 minutes ☺. 

Tell me how today victory was so dominate and straightforward, even though dundee had Adam out. 

Fluorescent Adolescent
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You stalking me now like bit weird but I can assure you i don't. 

We have certainly improved since he left, erm well I suppose you could compare being 3-0 down to Killie at home the same as being 3-0 down to Raith at home so i see what you mean by improvement 🤔

It's almost like we deserved to be demoted going by some people on here🤔

I would argue have we improved tbh when we haven't beaten a Scottish Premiership team this season within 90 minutes, and we have struggled to beat inferior opposition in the championship within 90 minutes ☺. 

Tell me how today victory was so dominate and straightforward, even though dundee had Adam out. 

Desperate, desperate stuff.

Stendel had 4 months. All he had to do was keep us in 10th or 11th.

He failed. The St Mirren performance was worse than ANYTHING served up this season.

Keep rewriting history tho.

27 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Everything you ever post is about Stendel.

‘A decent standard’? 

Well we’ve certainly improved since that German fraud left Edinburgh. 👍🏻

Yep major improvement 👍

1 minute ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Desperate, desperate stuff.

Stendel had 4 months. All he had to do was keep us in 10th or 11th.

He failed. The St Mirren performance was worse than ANYTHING served up this season.

Keep rewriting history tho.

Getting beat 1-0 by St mirren is worse than being 3-0 down to Raith at home 🤔

Fluorescent Adolescent
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Getting beat 1-0 by St mirren is worse than being 3-0 down to Raith at home 🤔

Given what it meant, given what we then produced. Yes.

An utter embarrassment that deserved Stendel being sacked immediately

1 minute ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Given what it meant, given what we then produced. Yes.

An utter embarrassment that deserved Stendel being sacked immediately

I can't take you seriously sorry 😂

Fluorescent Adolescent
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I can't take you seriously sorry 😂

You wouldn’t have been there. That’s your thing.

I was.

The Grim Reaper
25 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The master of verbal combat 🤣

Just now, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

You wouldn’t have been there. That’s your thing.

I was.

Okay lad 👍

Can't wait to see Robbie's assault on the Scottish Premiership 😁

Fluorescent Adolescent

Okay lad 👍

Agreed.

It’ll be good to be back to where Heart of Midlothian should always be.

That certainly isn’t fighting and failing relegation from the Premiership.

Those days will thankfully be consigned to a horrible history. 👍🏻

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Or folk could just discuss being unbeaten and the possibility of going the next 8 unbeaten. 

Stay on topic, Ken like rather than go all rabid? 

McDonald's sell burgers. Fact. Doesn't mean they are any good and eating them all the time isn't a good idea. 

41 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You love him really, always on his shirt tails. 

Sore one for you today. Unlucky.

Fluorescent Adolescent
Just now, Bull's-eye said:

You love him really, always on his shirt tails. 

Sore one for you today. Unlucky.

😃😃😃

Truly is one of the golden periods in our history.  Well done to everyone involved at the club that has lead us to this miraculous 7 game unbeaten run.  

Budge will probably be modest but I think we have her to thank for this achievement, her leadership has been instrumental in leading us to this fantastic position.

Robbie has to take a lot of credit as well,  got us to the top of this VERY difficult division.  We are so lucky to have him back, can tell he’s learnt a lot whilst managing in the big leagues in England and has returned to us an even better manager than first time around. 

👏 👏 👏

The Real Maroonblood
49 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

:lol:

2 hours ago, Billy Hoyle said:

No chance. Did you watch that pish today. 

You obviously didn't. 

It was a good game with both teams going out to win. 

Could and should have been four up before they got that penalty. 

We got the jitters after they scored though. 

23 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Agreed.

It’ll be good to be back to where Heart of Midlothian should always be.

That certainly isn’t fighting and failing relegation from the Premiership.

Those days will thankfully be consigned to a horrible history. 👍🏻

Yep your correct 👍

Which is 3rd place yeah?. 

12 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Truly is one of the golden periods in our history.  Well done to everyone involved at the club that has lead us to this miraculous 7 game unbeaten run.  

Budge will probably be modest but I think we have her to thank for this achievement, her leadership has been instrumental in leading us to this fantastic position.

Robbie has to take a lot of credit as well,  got us to the top of this VERY difficult division.  We are so lucky to have him back, can tell he’s learnt a lot whilst managing in the big leagues in England and has returned to us an even better manager than first time around. 

👏 👏 👏

Spot on 👍

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

We got forward a lot quicker today, and were getting good crosses in during the first half. But for missing excellent chances it would have been very comfortable, although Dundee should have equalised in the first half. For me, much better than recent performances.

Still can’t trust the centre of defence though. Too many mistakes in there. 
Neilson changed the system for the better, and can’t be blamed for players missing easy chances. Like it or not, being in the Championship meant not being able to attract top players for every position. We will go up, and hopefully be able to bring in two or three better players, although finance might be a problem. We won’t be the only club who are short of cash, though.

My thoughts entirely. Halkett isn't the player he was even last season, he was our trop scorer at one point and was pretty decent in defence, although he might have been told to stay back and let Popescu go forward. Popescu has a blunder in him most games, as today. I don't think we can rely on this pairing next season.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry to disappoint you Bongo, but Ayr Utd, Raith Rovers & QotS have all beaten Dundee this season when "Superstar" Charlie Adam was playing for Dundee.

....................and so did HMFC in our 6 - 2 victory on the 1st day of the season.

Maybe Charlie is not so key in Dundee's set up as you think as they had only won 5 games prior to him sitting out with Covid.

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

McDonald's sell burgers. Fact. Doesn't mean they are any good and eating them all the time isn't a good idea. 

:trippin:

3 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Sorry to disappoint you Bongo, but Ayr Utd, Raith Rovers & QotS have all beaten Dundee this season when "Superstar" Charlie Adam was playing for Dundee.

....................and so did HMFC in our 6 - 2 victory on the 1st day of the season.

Maybe Charlie is not so key in Dundee's set up as you think as they had only won 5 games prior to him sitting out with Covid.

Yeah your bang on mate, I missed that game when they played us at Dens he wasn't playing was he 🤔

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

People unhappy that we won.

Let that sink in.

People are 

:seething:

6 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Nope wasn't playing your right. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Okay lad 👍

I know where you’re coming from generally. But would it be a huge surprise to see us 3rd in the SPFL under Nielsen - and still with us scratching our heads wondering why.

substitute Dundee with Livingston for a fixture next season - with the same result as today.

and with most of us pissed off at the performance.

Yeah your bang on mate, I missed that game when they played us at Dens he wasn't playing was he 🤔

I watched that game as well.

Do you not remember young Irving giving CA the runaround when he came on as a substitute for the 2nd half?

Poor finishing by HMFC was instrumental in our defeat that night, not CA pulling the strings!!

4 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

I watched that game as well.

Do you not remember young Irving giving CA the runaround when he came on as a substitute for the 2nd half?

Poor finishing by HMFC was instrumental in our defeat that night, not CA pulling the strings!!

Nah he wasn't involved in two goals scored against us 🤔

Edited by Bongo 1874

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nope wasn't playing your right. 

Do us all a favour, post the highlights of our 6 - 2 victory at Tynecastle....thanks.

Just now, 2205ian said:

Do us all a favour, post the highlights of our 6 - 2 victory at Tynecastle....thanks.

Yeah he didn't play in that game either 🤔

Yeah he didn't play in that game either 🤔

If you put the highlights up, you will see we scored 4 equally as good goals that evening.

complete control
1 hour ago, Shanks said:

👏 👏 👏

quality post mate. the cheerleader will be typing like mad aboot that one  😆

Heartsofgold
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It was terrible but Gnando ****ed the pass as well, once Boyce had skinned the defender we made hard work of the 3v2.

Thank **** it wasn't an important miss, in the end. 

It was an important one!!!! It would have lowered my ****ing blood pressure at the time!!!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Far from being thrilled, I have seen this season for what it was from the start. 

They were on a hiding to nothing, it's not been a great watch since December but the job is getting done. 

Reality, Scottish football in general is a hard watch, it's the way it is. 

My expectations were lowered a long time ago 

Billy Hoyle
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

You obviously didn't. 

It was a good game with both teams going out to win. 

Could and should have been four up before they got that penalty. 

We got the jitters after they scored though. 

We could have yes if it wasn’t for more abysmal finishing. 
So you think we will go the remainder of the season unbeaten then? That’s the question the original poster asked. Playing like we are we have no chance in my opinion.What’s your opinion??

Billy Hoyle
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Far from being thrilled, I have seen this season for what it was from the start. 

They were on a hiding to nothing, it's not been a great watch since December but the job is getting done. 

It would be good to watch a game not littered with basic mistakes that junior teams would be embarrassed about though. That would be a start if the players could just do the basics well. I’ve never seen so many bad first touches from a group of Hearts players. The forward players especially. 

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

We could have yes if it wasn’t for more abysmal finishing. 
So you think we will go the remainder of the season unbeaten then? That’s the question the original poster asked. Playing like we are we have no chance in my opinion.What’s your opinion??

Playing like we have the last 7 games- where we are unbeaten you think we have no chance of going unbeaten.

:levein_interesting:

4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The rest of Scottish football must be shiting themselves, the Hearts are back. 

If the Hearts ‘were back’ would that please or disappoint you, Bong?

I’m flipping a coin here in anticipation of your answer, but suspect my coin would have to have two tails or two heads.

Are you feeling extra ‘trollish’ tonight ?  🕵🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

If the Hearts ‘were back’ would that please or disappoint you, Bong?

I’m flipping a coin here in anticipation of your answer, but suspect my coin would have to have two tails or two heads.

Are you feeling extra ‘trollish’ tonight ?  🕵🏻‍♂️

Morgan my old friend how you doing buddy ☺ you have me all wrong fella, what i witnessed today convinced me that we are back 👍

Buckle up because Robbie is taking us to the big time. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Guest ToqueJambo
38 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Enjoyed the game today apart from making it hard on ourselves again through individual errors. What a difference it makes playing a team willing to have a bit of a go in terms of the general viewing spectacle. A proper football game instead of us trying to find a way through a brick wall for 90 mins.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

:trippin:

No Tosh. I was making a point that statistics don't always tell the whole story. 

Guest ToqueJambo

We won today didn't we in a supposed "must-win" game? Can the doom and gloomers not just let the happy clappers enjoy the wins and save their doom and glooming for the defeats and draws?

been here before
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

@Bongo 1874

Move on from Stendel, man. 

I liked him but was the wrong time for him and still is. He was no Klopp either so not worth pining for 👍🏻

Its like Stendel took his virginity and Bongo just cant get over him. Unrequited love. Bongo still thinks its something special but Stendels got on with life.

Funny as **** though.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Its like Stendel took his virginity and Bongo just cant get over him. Unrequited love. Bongo still thinks its something special but Stendels got on with life.

Funny as **** though.

See the source image

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

@Bongo 1874

Move on from Stendel, man. 

I liked him but was the wrong time for him and still is. He was no Klopp either so not worth pining for 👍🏻

TBF, For every point he makes on Stendel, someone else is also bringing up the same point, and saying something else.

the same people who preach for him to leave it alone, but then, they can’t actually do it themselves 🤷‍♂️ 

The irony - Not saying you personally, but u get my drift. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Nine Unbeaten ( edited )