Nine Unbeaten ( edited )

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

That's the run of draws ended, so unbeaten in 7 now, 4 wins 3 draws.

2 home games and 1 away game coming up, I can see us being 10 unbeaten and the league over.

Can we see the league season out unbeaten?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• Thomaso

Billy Hoyle
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

2 home games and 1 away game coming up, I can see us being 10 unbeaten and the league over.

No chance. Did you watch that pish today. 

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Crikey. This is going to split the audience. Good luck. 

I’m just happy with a win today. Changes the whole weekend for me. 

Wow. Celebrating a run that includes 3 1-1 draws against the might of Morton, QotS and ICT. No wonder you worshipped Levein.

😁

Kirky Jambo

We certainly should be targeting finishing the season unbeaten but let’s get it wrapped up first. Some promising signs today but all too familiar panic as we almost throw away a comfortable lead and suddenly lose the ability to pass the ball.

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

GLORIOUS HEARTS 

FTH 

Great post. 

Good 3 points today. Had GMS and Boyce not missed sitters it could have been a scudding. 

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Wow. Celebrating a run that includes 3 1-1 draws against the might of Morton, QotS and ICT. No wonder you worshipped Levein.

😁

It's like celebrating 1 win in 4 in this league 🍾

Geoff Kilpatrick
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That's the point. So bloody obvious.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m just happy with a win today. Changes the whole weekend for me. 

Great to see RN setting up differently and trying different things. A breath of fresh air today. Wasn’t perfect and work to do but feels like we are moving in the right direction again. 

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Wow!

davemclaren
Just now, GinRummy said:

Great to see RN setting up differently and trying different things. A breath of fresh air today. Wasn’t perfect and work to do but feels like we are moving in the right direction again. 

Need to convert more chances but certainly an improvement. 

Saint Jambo
18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It's good. He's doing a public service. Now all the posters who get more enjoyment from discussing how bad we are than they get from watching us win have a thread to mob and rehash their greatest hits from the past three weeks.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Think that was purposely the point of the thread. Not biting.

manaliveits105

Considering they ended up with everybody likely to score against us all on the pitch - the celtic loanee who scored against us at dens - Cummings - Sow and McGowan we survived !

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Need to convert more chances but certainly an improvement. 

The GMS one was horrendous. Was jumping about my living room like I’d stubbed my toe shouting. ‘NAW, NAW, ****ING NAW’ 😂

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

It's good. He's doing a public service. Now all the posters who get more enjoyment from discussing how bad we are than they get from watching us win have a thread to mob and rehash their greatest hits from the past three weeks.

It'll take a few hours after they have the group reach around on the other forum before they turn up on masse.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Or just discuss 7 unbeaten and the possibility of going the next 8 unbeaten as per the op? 

Kidd’s Boots

Not perfect today by any means, but a change of formation, and a win does make a difference.  Chances still need to be converted to make these games, and especially the last 15mins today more comfortable, but it's an improvement over the last few weeks. 

Voice of reason

Actually refreshing to see a positive thread title. We did play well for 65 minutes today and the new formation worked better. Something to take forward into the next games. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The GMS one was horrendous. Was jumping about my living room like I’d stubbed my toe shouting. ‘NAW, NAW, ****ING NAW’ 😂

It was terrible but Gnando ****ed the pass as well, once Boyce had skinned the defender we made hard work of the 3v2.

Thank **** it wasn't an important miss, in the end. 

CloustonHMFC
19 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

But what about the bleeding eyeballs and next season though?

Our performances now will have no bearing on next season. It's an entirely different league with teams who'll play an entirely different game against us. I'm not worried, tbh.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Wow!

What part do you disagree with? 

CloustonHMFC
26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I used to enjoy reading your posts but you're now just as bad as certain other posters, only the opposite direction.

Robbo-Jambo
12 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

😁

This. 

Some folk easy pleased. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That's the point. So bloody obvious.

Or folk could just discuss being unbeaten and the possibility of going the next 8 unbeaten. 

Stay on topic, Ken like rather than go all rabid? 

davemclaren
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

This. 

Some folk easy pleased. 

I’m always pleased by a Hearts win, regardless of how it is achieved. 

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This. 

Some folk easy pleased. 

And some folk are obviously disappointed that we won

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

It was terrible but Gnando ****ed the pass as well, once Boyce had skinned the defender we made hard work of the 3v2.

Thank **** it wasn't an important miss, in the end. 

Agree. At least we got into the position to be 3 v 2 though. Very seldom we’ve got into those types of situations recently. Much better today, if I’ve got a complaint it’s that we seemed to run out of steam a bit towards the end but we won the match with a much more incisive style and that’s the main thing. Players should gain confidence and build from that performance. 

John Findlay
18 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

No chance. Did you watch that pish today. 

No idea didnt have the POV for McDermid Park.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I used to enjoy reading your posts but you're now just as bad as certain other posters, only the opposite direction.

Thought a positive thread, looking forward to the rest of season, after a win to go 7 unbeaten would be relevant and of interest to some. 

Maybe not. 

Too many agendas for it to happen? 

been here before

Are we still going to get relegated again next season though? Or at very best be lucky to finish 8th?

CloustonHMFC
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Thought a positive thread, looking forward to the rest of season, after a win to go 7 unbeaten would be relevant and of interest to some. 

Maybe not. 

Too many agendas for it to happen? 

If you had posted it solely to be positive then aye, but we both know that wasn't the reason you've posted it. You're baiting, just like others bait us who don't see everything as doom and gloom as they do...

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Agree. At least we got into the position to be 3 v 2 though. Very seldom we’ve got into those types of situations recently. Much better today, if I’ve got a complaint it’s that we seemed to run out of steam a bit towards the end but we won the match with a much more incisive style and that’s the main thing. Players should gain confidence and build from that performance. 

Tbh, I think we we played better and were in control overall v Morton and ICT. 

Football is strange, 7 unbeaten tho, closing in on promotion we should start to see a bit of a swagger. 

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Are we still going to get relegated again next season though? Or at very best be lucky to finish 8th?

Comfortably top 6. Pushing top 4 based on this seasons premiership though.

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Comfortably top 6. Pushing top 4 based on this seasons premiership though.

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You talk of unbeaten to the end of the season BUT what I want to know is are we shite or not? Seven unbeaten is just a stat as is 15 pts clear at the top it is honest opinion that drives football and I have to know are we shite or what?

Saint Jambo
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Or just discuss 7 unbeaten and the possibility of going the next 8 unbeaten as per the op? 

It would be nice but one look at the match day thread shows that this board is currently clogged up with posters who can't enjoy Hearts success at the moment.

I'm going to log off and enjoy my Saturday evening with the warm glow a Hearts win always gives me. Good luck fighting the good fight for the rest of the evening.

Next week is an opportunity to dominate a home game, rack up a few goals and keep a clean sheet. I expect us to win every game in March. April run of fixtures looks tougher, but looks quite likely to me that other teams (assuming they actually play some games) will have dropped enough points by then that we will either have won the league or so close as to be a foregone conclusion. Winning the league is all I care about. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh, I think we we played better and were in control overall v Morton and ICT. 

Football is strange, 7 unbeaten tho, closing in on promotion we should start to see a bit of a swagger. 

Against Morton I agree to an extent. Against ict we tried to walk the ball into the net and showed them too much respect. Done it when it mattered today though. 15 points clear and our rivals with games in hand against each other. Will be nip and tuck for the play off spots but feels like we are home and hosed now. 

Ex member of the SaS

Claiming draws as unbeaten is a stretch, and in this league it really is papering over the cracks. Had we played the whole game the way we started, instead of going deep and allowing them the whole pitch I would be bouncing, However this is just a normal win and is nowhere near good enough for a team of our stature.

If only Robbie had allowed them to play as they started we would not have been sitting on the edge of our seats for 15 minutes.

Hopefully he sees how well we played and in comparison to the last few weeks we did play well and we should be playing like that every week from now on. Just don't do a Levein and defend a one goal lead.

Saint Jambo
3 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

You talk of unbeaten to the end of the season BUT what I want to know is are we shite or not? Seven unbeaten is just a stat as is 15 pts clear at the top it is honest opinion that drives football and I have to know are we shite or what?

Fortunately stats do drive football. At the end of the season we'll be awarded the league trophy because our points stats are better than everyone else's.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

If you had posted it solely to be positive then aye, but we both know that wasn't the reason you've posted it. You're baiting, just like others bait us who don't see everything as doom and gloom as they do...

Fair enough. 

If folk see a positive thread as "baiting" now it's probably more a reflection on other topics, posters and jkb in general or maybe yourself. 

We're 7 unbeaten, I reckon we can see the season out unbeaten. 

Think what you want.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Against Morton I agree to an extent. Against ict we tried to walk the ball into the net and showed them too much respect. Done it when it mattered today though. 15 points clear and our rivals with games in hand against each other. Will be nip and tuck for the play off spots but feels like we are home and hosed now. 

Yeah, I think if we win 2/3, it's done. 

36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The rest of Scottish football must be shiting themselves, the Hearts are back. 

SectionDJambo

We got forward a lot quicker today, and were getting good crosses in during the first half. But for missing excellent chances it would have been very comfortable, although Dundee should have equalised in the first half. For me, much better than recent performances.

Still can’t trust the centre of defence though. Too many mistakes in there. 
Neilson changed the system for the better, and can’t be blamed for players missing easy chances. Like it or not, being in the Championship meant not being able to attract top players for every position. We will go up, and hopefully be able to bring in two or three better players, although finance might be a problem. We won’t be the only club who are short of cash, though.

Saint Jambo
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

Claiming draws as unbeaten is a stretch, and in this league it really is papering over the cracks. Had we played the whole game the way we started, instead of going deep and allowing them the whole pitch I would be bouncing, However this is just a normal win and is nowhere near good enough for a team of our stature.

If only Robbie had allowed them to play as they started we would not have been sitting on the edge of our seats for 15 minutes.

Hopefully he sees how well we played and in comparison to the last few weeks we did play well and we should be playing like that every week from now on. Just don't do a Levein and defend a one goal lead.

And with that I am out. Clear that the patients are intent on taking over the asylum again this evening.

• davemclaren changed the title to Nine Unbeaten ( edited )