Budge Speaks

Sertse

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Probably right. 

Must be wondering why she invested time and money into this vipers nest of a fan base. 

Just maybe because she made money out of her investment?.....She would know that football is not exactly for the faint hearted! After all she did sit amongst same vipers with her daughter every other Saturday.   

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• Bazzas right boot

• Gambo

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

People are tired of seeing their contributions wasted. While hers was initially much larger, and her time and expertise been utilised for free since then, she must also be frustrated at the lack of success for the outlay. Which is why she needs to look at her decision making procedures - they are, in part, to blame for us being where we are now.

Totally agree. You only need to look at where we are now to see she has made a total arse of the football side. She must know that and is obviously trying to do something about it. I just hope the narrow wins followed by draws doesn’t progress any further. It’s starting to get worrying how poor we are right now and if that continues into next season then she’ll have a mutiny from the fans on her hands. People have had enough of excuses. 

Obviously getting way ahead of myself here but from bad to worse has sort of been the pattern recently. 

Edited by GinRummy

SectionDJambo

Ann Budge can sometimes be her own worst enemy. All she had to do was add in a comment about everyone, including Robbie, being disappointed at some of the performances this season, but being confident of being able to support the management team to get us out of this division and back challenging for the top positions in the Premiership. A wee acknowledgement that there is plenty room for improvement, as said by Craig Gordon and Robbie Neilson after the Inverness match. 

Even mentioning any 3 year plan is not wise, after the collapse of the previous 5 year plan. The demotion definitely affected our recruitment for this season, which was probably the intention of Hibs and Aberdeen. Unfortunately for them, they won't have gained much in the way of a financial advantage due to the pandemic restricting income streams, and they've still got those pesky deferred wages to pay out, because they wanted to play the big men by not asking their players to take a cut to save other jobs within their clubs.

47 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Strangely enough, I was querying yesterday who we should expect to hear from and was told that McKinlay is in charge of the non-football side of the business. 

He is.  I did also say that Budge was still executive Chair so still calls the shots at the moment. After the FoH purchase is complete the plan is she becomes non-exec Chair and the CEO will run the club in a day to day basis. Check my post. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

He is.  I did also say that Budge was still executive Chair so still calls the shots at the moment. After the FoH purchase is complete the plan is she becomes non-exec Chair and the CEO will run the club in a day to day basis. Check my post. 

Thanks 👍. Didn’t remember who had said it. Will check back now. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, jonesy said:

People are tired of seeing their contributions wasted. While hers was initially much larger, and her time and expertise been utilised for free since then, she must also be frustrated at the lack of success for the outlay. Which is why she needs to look at her decision making procedures - they are, in part, to blame for us being where we are now.

No football club ever gets it right all of time. 

Look at the fury at Celtic. Perfect to Phoodle in blink of an eye. 

Social media has borne a beast that perpetuates rage, indignation and expectation off the charts.

Our case is very odd that we sit top of the League, managing a crisis of epic scale expertly, but because the fitbas,  well a bit boring, we need to find some victims. 

Its not great in truth. Amazing that James Anderson continues to back us, but Scotland's foremost financial wizard clearly believes that a job has been well done. 

But we know better,  because the League is effectively won and the team cannot be arsed.

I'm not tired of my contribution being wasted. 

Not once have I ever felt that way, not one of my group of friends has ever felt that,  never. 

Sick of whining, its pathetic 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Remarkable only for it's predictability and consistency :( 

It’s definitely making me into a pant wetter. In previous years I’d just assume recent form was a wee blip but I’ve always got one eye out for the next catastrophe these days 😀

Edited by GinRummy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Just maybe because she made money out of her investment?.....She would know that football is not exactly for the faint hearted! After all she did sit amongst same vipers with her daughter every other Saturday.   

A few rows behind me oddly enough. 

I don't know if she's made money or not, but if she has she deserves every single penny. 

I will never forget. For the record not all that keen on her personality but appreciate the hard work 

I was very enamoured with Stendel. I thought he brought a real passion to the coaching. McDonald was quoted as enjoying the sessions, saw how obviously good a coach he is and noted the intensity. I would probably take him back provided the club could position itself in advance of his coming. I know folk are keen to point out his low win rate, but lets also not gloss over the fact either that his plan was to come in during the summer, rather than when he did. He also had the pish that Levein signed who even he couldn't get a tune out of or MacPhee. I think they build a house of cards which eventually collapsed and Stendel was the poor sod left holding the bag. 

When I think of who is a manager that I know can work with youth that I would like to see, the only answer I'm getting is Stendel, I don't doubt they exist elsewhere but there is something about the counter pressing style I think matches fan expectations on footballing philosophy. I don't want that to sound pretentious, I mean that successful Hearts teams have been big and physical, Robbie wanted us to be the fittest team in the league when he was first here, JJs teams were built on physicality etc.. Counter pressing isn't so much about silky football as it is about being aggressive, athletic and high energy. All of which I think ticks the boxes the fans want ticked. Stendel proved he could do it in the big games, he just fell short in the games where teams don't really want the ball. Theres clearly something to work on in that regard, but I think its something I'd like to see tried again. I could actually see a change in his style of play to accommodate just how bad our defence actually was. It was too little too late, but I'd be 100% down for giving it another try. We're not going to develop under Robbie. I think counter pressing could be used from ground up at the club and have a very effective academy/First team set up. 

I would welcome him back with open arms to be honest. Right guy, wrong time seems to be the opinion on here. So when is the right time? Maybe when we've just been promoted and are looking to assemble a squad following another season of short termism? In the summer we will likely lose Berra, Bobby, Doyle, Frear, White and hopefully Damour. We may also lose Irving too the way things are looking. You could get Stendel in for the day following us winning the league and immediately set about building a squad ready to compete. He'll also have an intimate knowledge of the squad as it largely hasn't changed so will know who needs to go. 

Edited by OTT

I haven't read what she said but based on the comments here it was uninspiring to say the least.

Did she acknowledge that the level of performance has frequently been attrocious?

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wish she'd ignore the drama queens in our support. There was no need for this statement.

Im not even sure what the context was? Was it an arranged interview or was she doing something else and sky sports asked her a question?

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bet they're not singing that this season sitting in 4th, with the same folk running the club. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Im not even sure what the context was? Was it an arranged interview or was she doing something else and sky sports asked her a question?

Dunno. I admire Budge's attempts to be transparent and have a dialogue with supporters but it's not appreciated by a lot of fans so I'm not sure she should bother.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Bet they're not singing that this season sitting in 4th, with the same folk running the club. 

Nope but i think they have changed managers a few times 🤔😁

That video was 4 years ago. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Dunno. I admire Budge's attempts to be transparent and have a dialogue with supporters but it's not appreciated by a lot of fans so I'm not sure she should bother.

You're right!...On the basis of her latest offering.....She should nae bother!

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don’t think she tries to have dialogue she just gives her take on things. Probably best she says nothing.

Francis Albert
24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Probably right. 

Must be wondering why she invested time and money into this vipers nest of a fan base. 

That is the "vipers nest of a fan base" that has donated £12m to the club.

I think she could have done worse.

fabienleclerq

Surely even the biggest of RN haters don't think he will get sacked while being top of the league? 

He's not the man for me but he's here until a good chunk of next season at least, chairman have to look at longer term. 

I did find her saying changing the managers to soon is a problem in football quite funny given our problem last season was not doing it quick enough. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Could be, but imo it's McKinlay who should be feeling the heat for the crappy football.

He doesn’t run the football side. 

"He's safe as far as I'm concerned and I know it's not everybody's view but it's my view."

Sticks in my throat this 😠

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nope but i think they have changed managers a few times 🤔😁

Wasn't David Moyes manager when that was sung and they finished well down the league that season? Guess who they reappointed and who now has them in 4th - David Moyes.

Doesn't prove anything other than finding a decent manager is a lottery (Pellegrini was manager between Moyes and Moyes), reappointing someone can work, and the fortunes of a club can turn around even under a previously unsuccessful manager.

gowestjambo
2 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Basically Robbie, the team can perform as shite as you like and you don't need to worry about it. 3 years worth of wages coming your way no matter what. 

She certainly knows how to motivate people how to improve their performance......

This woman is treating the fans with contempt once again. You would think we were unbeaten in the league and wanted to ensure he was not tempted away. We have got used not not attending games, and maybe a drop in season ticket sales is the only way we are going to get rid of her.

Rocky jamboa
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

That is the "vipers nest of a fan base" that has donated £12m to the club.

I think she could have done worse.

Spot on. She's getting a pretty ease time of it based on the crap we've had to endure over the last 5 years. I'm not sure many other fan bases would have been so tolerant. Maybe we shouldn't be. 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We’re at the stage with her that folk on both sides of the fence would rather she said nothing, whilst ensuring this much delayed handover goes through swiftly and clearing her desk. She has outlived her usefulness. She’s beginning to be disliked by many and that’s undeserved given what she’s done previously and she needs to step down ASAP.

Wasn't David Moyes manager when that was sung and they finished well down the league that season? Guess who they reappointed and who now has them in 4th - David Moyes.

Doesn't prove anything other than finding a decent manager is a lottery (Pellegrini was manager between Moyes and Moyes), reappointing someone can work, and the fortunes of a club can turn around even under a previously unsuccessful manager.

From what i remember moyes was brought in to keep them up could be wrong 🤔

4 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

The budge out brigade are creaming themselves on here. So predictable 

I’m not in the Budge out brigade and her latest chat was fine but a lot of the criticism is due.. 

A good manager is, imo, someone who gets the best out of the players. Which of the last 4 managers she has appointed has done that? If it’s not a problem with club policy (wages, player recruitment etc) then it’s a problem with the people she has recruited as managers. 

Edited by GinRummy

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

She seemed pretty chilled for someone who has presided over a sustained period of decline. 

That is because over 8000 fans chuck in around £150000 grand a month. Add in Mr Andersons generous donations no wonder she is pretty chilled. Time to go Anne and let someone with a nasty streak take over. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

Spot on. She's getting a pretty ease time of it based on the crap we've had to endure over the last 5 years. I'm not sure many other fan bases would have been so tolerant. Maybe we shouldn't be. 

How many other fan bases have an owner that literally saved them or fought our corner the way she did last year? That definitely buys Budge a lot of time and benefit of the doubt from some, me included. 

3 hours ago, Forza Cuore said:

She needs / deserves to retire and hand over the reigns.

Who to I've no idea.

The football side of Hearts isn't working. 

We are handing over fortunes to FOH and we see nothing for it.

Does FoH have an option to purchase her club shares.....?

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

From what i remember moyes was brought in to keep them up could be wrong 🤔

Like Stendel was brought in to keep us up?

So Moyes did what he was asked to do, just like Robbie in his first spell and this season?

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

remember the folk on here who said David Moyes wasn’t good enough for hearts when he was linked with the job 😂😂😂 

What a ****ing disaster she is. I struggle to think of one person I'd not prefer to be in charge of us.

Budge GTF!

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He doesn’t run the football side. 

Wait a minute. A CEO of a football club who doesn’t oversee or ‘run’ the football side. It begs the question, who does run the football side and what duties does the CEO actually have outwith the football side? Does he hire and fire on the football side ? If not him, who does?

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

What a ****ing disaster she is. I struggle to think of one person I'd not prefer to be in charge of us.

Budge GTF!

Really wish you'd stop sitting on the fence.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How many other fan bases have an owner that literally saved them or fought our corner the way she did last year? That definitely buys Budge a lot of time and benefit of the doubt from some, me included. 

Bit like someone saving you from drowning then beating the **** out of you for 5 years. 

Hagar the Horrible

If we dont beat Dundee i want him to go as that will trigger a collapse. I dont want another season playing shyt clubs. Not winning the league will be a catastrophic failure on AB's decision making 

Rocky jamboa
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not this garbage again!! 🙈

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Wait a minute. A CEO of a football club who doesn’t oversee or ‘run’ the football side. It begs the question, who does run the football side and what duties does the CEO actually have outwith the football side? Does he hire and fire on the football side ? If not him, who does?

Whoever Ann choses. It was "Craig". Now it is "Robbie". Her latest message is basically a repeat of what she said about Craig for five years. Only the name has changed.

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Bit like someone saving you from drowning then beating the **** out of you for 5 years. 

Quality 👋

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

My understanding is that he runs the day to day operations of the club. I imagine the footballing element falls under Savages remit. So you have McKinley reporting to the board on the commercial aspect of the club and Savage reporting on the footballing aspect of the club. 

I don't see a huge lot wrong with it, you want people who know their fields and business people generally are better at business than football and vice versa. It makes sense to me on a common sense level. But how it works in practise remains to be seen. 

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Or “doing a Vlad”, as it’s known. 

Ainsley Harriott
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Budge GTF!

Shes becoming cringe worthy

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

If we dont beat Dundee i want him to go as that will trigger a collapse. I dont want another season playing shyt clubs. Not winning the league will be a catastrophic failure on AB's decision making 

What Ann's latest message tells me is that the plan for next season assuming we are promoted is to battle for survival with shite clubs in the bottom half of the Premiership.. Can't wait!

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Are you claiming Anne personally bank rolled our court case last summer.