Budge Speaks

Sertse

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

That is the "vipers nest of a fan base" that has donated £12m to the club.

I think she could have done worse.

We could not have got better, challenge anyone to realistically name the person who would have. 

Cracking interview too.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• Bazzas right boot

• Gambo

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How many other fan bases have an owner that literally saved them or fought our corner the way she did last year? That definitely buys Budge a lot of time and benefit of the doubt from some, me included. 

And lost every battle...

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

Are you claiming Anne personally bank rolled our court case last summer. 

She spent half a million of other people's money on yet another misjudgement.

Berra than you
14 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Surely even the biggest of RN haters don't think he will get sacked while being top of the league? 

He's not the man for me but he's here until a good chunk of next season at least, chairman have to look at longer term. 

I did find her saying changing the managers to soon is a problem in football quite funny given our problem last season was not doing it quick enough

This was my only worry from her words today. The 3 year thing was said as that's how long his contract is. Like any other manager if he isn't meeting targets he won't remain in place. Hopefully Budge (or indeed however will be making the decision come the time) doesn't wait as long as they did with Craig. 

Also, she was on sky as hearts are part of a trail for a 15 minute covid test that would allow fans back in. She was the guinea pig. Naturally they needed to fill time when it was happening so asked her about Neilson. 

She says one of the problems in football is getting rid of a manager too soon? Didn't stop her binning Stendel after a few ****ing months! Yet she kept Levein managing a sinking ship. And now she will do the same with Neilson.

It's like she still believes Neilson's original ambitions from the first time around will come to fruition.

She is killing this club with mellow pish and low football standards. She is far too involved in the football side and I think that needs to change now. She should not have been allowed to get Robbie like that, especially without even telling Stendel first. This feels like the last throw of the dice from her in getting the old band back together. And she's that stubborn I reckon Neilson will still be manager in a few years time even if we're sitting a mid table time and time again.

Fort Vallance
3 hours ago, lost in space said:

So if Neilson doesn't get us promoted, he can have 2 more goes?

If we do manage to go up and get relegated again - he gets another year?

How stupid.

In a nutshell. Incredible that Nelson needs the dreaded vote of confidence after so few games.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

She spent half a million of other people's money on yet another misjudgement.

Don’t I know it. So so easy to waste other peoples money. She badly needs to go. 

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Like Stendel was brought in to keep us up?

So Moyes did what he was asked to do, just like Robbie in his first spell and this season?

No moyes replaced slaven bilic on a 6 month deal in November 2018.

And West ham went in a different direction at the end of the season. 

I don't know who mentioned Stendel 😂🤔 but shows you how much you know comparing Moyes with all his experience he has in the English Premier League, you could say the same with Robbie at Mk dons?. 

Just for the record mods i haven't mentioned Stendel at all in this thread, Toque brought him into his petty argument 👍

Next you will be telling me how Robbie would've kept us up, though he can't beat Inverness away🤔, Raith at home 🤔, Dunfermline Away🤔

Yet he would've beat St mirren, Hamilton etc, give it a rest. 

Guy has no confidence in the young lads at the club whatsoever, and that's with the lead we have at the top. 

Did Robbie get Dundee United promoted in his first season?. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Or “doing a Vlad”, as it’s known. 

Throwing tens of millions at the club without interest let alone repayment?

7 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

If we dont beat Dundee i want him to go as that will trigger a collapse. I dont want another season playing shyt clubs. Not winning the league will be a catastrophic failure on AB's decision making 

Not winning the league would be incredibly embarrasing - and would lead to our higher earners needing to go, along with potentially the older guys being gubbed from playing on these shite pitches.

Rangers never came up first time, nor did Hibs or Dundee United.

I'd like us to bounce back first time again just to show the corrupt SFA they can't keep Hearts down. Administration and a demotion but we bounce back. Because we are Hearts.

I just don't know where the fight has gone - Robbie said at the start of the season we were using the demotion as ammo for destroying teams. Now it looks like its a hinderence playing games. Looks like they thought it was over weeks ago. If Dundee beat us on Saturday and win their 2 in hand I think they'll only be 6 behind.

Just now, kila said:

She says one of the problems in football is getting rid of a manager too soon? Didn't stop her binning Stendel after a few ****ing months! Yet she kept Levein managing a sinking ship. And now she will do the same with Neilson.

It's like she still believes Neilson's original ambitions from the first time around will come to fruition.

She is killing this club with mellow pish and low football standards. She is far too involved in the football side and I think that needs to change now. She should not have been allowed to get Robbie like that, especially without even telling Stendel first. This feels like the last throw of the dice from her in getting the old band back together. And she's that stubborn I reckon Neilson will still be manager in a few years time even if we're sitting a mid table time and time again.

She has completly lost the plot and is begining to embarrase herself with what she is saying.

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

In a nutshell. Incredible that Nelson needs the dreaded vote of confidence after so few games.

It's not what she said at all, or at least I never interpreted it that way. I very much doubt he'd be in charge if we fail to go up. 

Vlad the impaler

Everytime a player signs for us they are quoted saying they were excited at Robbie’s “vision” for the future and wanted to be part of it etc etc. Wtf is he selling to them that we’re not seeing?!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Why was she being interviewed anyway? It couldn’t have been just about Robbie which despite the noise isn’t even really a story anyway.

Has she launched some sort of new initiative?

11 minutes ago, OTT said:

My understanding is that he runs the day to day operations of the club. I imagine the footballing element falls under Savages remit. So you have McKinley reporting to the board on the commercial aspect of the club and Savage reporting on the footballing aspect of the club. 

I don't see a huge lot wrong with it, you want people who know their fields and business people generally are better at business than football and vice versa. It makes sense to me on a common sense level. But how it works in practise remains to be seen. 

So when Ann won’t Budge finally steps down who sacks, let’s say the manager, and who hires a new one ? Is that the CEO or Mr Savage. Who decides enough is enough, and if it’s not going to be Ann Budge why is she essentially committing the club to Robbie Neilson for 3 years ? 

28 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He doesn’t run the football side. 

OK, Joe Savage then.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

It's not what she said at all, or at least I never interpreted it that way. I very much doubt he'd be in charge if we fail to go up. 

Exactly.

Get promotion, move the club forwards that it's in position to get the European football cemented, oddly enough the same place Neilson left us in, when that wasn't enough. 

Nothing is ever enough.

Those are the 3 fundamental objectives. 

Also this amateur assumption that Neilson is a actually enjoying watching this pish. 

Folk go on about lack of entertainment, they might want to check the defensive record first. 

Cathro Levein and Stendel to varying degrees have taken us all mentally to a bad place and its a ****ing long haul back up the ladder 

David Black

This is the reason why Fanco have to get the shares transferred from Bidco asap. June has been mentioned it must now BE June. When that has been achieved we cam then remove all those who are responsible for the place we find ourselves. I never thought I would say this, but the sooner AB and her fellow Directors are gone, the better. After attaining the shares we can vote who we want to stay or go and that includes Ann. 

25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Wait a minute. A CEO of a football club who doesn’t oversee or ‘run’ the football side. It begs the question, who does run the football side and what duties does the CEO actually have outwith the football side? Does he hire and fire on the football side ? If not him, who does?

I agree.  And his comment when he was hired suggests that he does run the football side:

"“I am looking forward to working with everyone at Tynecastle and Oriam to deliver success both on and off the pitch for many years to come.”

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So when Ann won’t Budge finally steps down who sacks, let’s say the manager, and who hires a new one ? Is that the CEO or Mr Savage. Who decides enough is enough, and if it’s not going to be Ann Budge why is she essentially committing the club to Robbie Neilson for 3 years ? 

You are misinterpreting that on 60 seconds. 

If he fails on any of these stages over the 3 years he will be at risk, but quite clearly he isn't failing right now. 

We used to laugh at mental owners sacking managers getting reasonable results. 

indianajones
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

If he fails on any of these stages over the 3 years he will be at risk, but quite clearly he isn't failing right now. 

Yep. The only way RN should be getting the sack is if he fails to get us promoted imo. We are well on track for promotion just now. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It's the excuses that he comes out with that are irritating me greatly. 

fabienleclerq
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Exactly.

Get promotion, move the club forwards that it's in position to get the European football cemented, oddly enough the same place Neilson left us in, when that wasn't enough. 

Nothing is ever enough.

Those are the 3 fundamental objectives. 

Also this amateur assumption that Neilson is a actually enjoying watching this pish. 

Folk go on about lack of entertainment, they might want to check the defensive record first. 

Cathro Levein and Stendel to varying degrees have taken us all mentally to a bad place and its a ****ing long haul back up the ladder 

I think it's a culmination of us not sweeping teams away like the last time and all the shite we've been served the last few years leading to the frustration. 

The team aren't showing a particular style as I think Stevenson touched on this week and my memory of neilson is he was always horse's for courses rather than imposing ourselves and making others deal with us. 

All that a side we seem too quick as a fan base to be negative. 

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Football clubs often won’t wait for a failure to actually happen. That’s because they are sometimes catastrophic. Quite often they will anticipate failure based on evidence and foresight and get rid of a manager and bring in someone to either save the situation or improve it in some way. I’d suggest this club can’t afford another catastrophe like failing to go up(unlikely) or failing to stay up (a damn site more likely on current evidence IMO) we’ll  sack Neilson in the early Autumn if not before IMO. I’d be astonished (and highly delighted because he’ll be doing okay) if he is still here at Christmas. We look like getting involved in another relation battle and the fan base will hound him out very quickly. A sign of intolerance and lack of patience no doubt but folk are sick of 3/4 years of utter failure.

Edited by JimmyCant

Cut The Crap

Six months in and the well worn cycle starts again.

When will she finally realise that she is the problem? 🤷‍♂️

I'm worried.  If we are well beaten by Dundee on Saturday and our performance is abysmal, will Mrs Budge say anything in response or will it just be business as usual.

We can't take much more of being inept far more often than not.

Well said Ann Budge

Time was taken to get your man and a contract signed to allow promotion to be earned and then establish the side back in the top league with the hope Europe etc would follow

Part one was simply promotion not promotion playing top class football and enthralling the non existent crowds simply promotion......we are in a good position to achieve this and have not blown a huge budget in doing so....oh and we were so close to winning the Scottish Cup as well.

If Robbie does not take us up as champions then quite rightly the knives will be out and understandably so

Now presuming we do go up he will face perhaps his biggest challenge in improving a side good enough to make the top half of the table (and many may say we should aim higher)......also carrying the baggage with some fans of his previous time with us meaning patience is a little thin.

Along with the DOF there will need to be another set of 'hello and goodbyes' at the club but we may be in a decent position financially to do so in comparison with others.

'Judgement Day' will follow and it would be a fairer time for fans and others to judge his performance and ask if we want him in charge for a third season.

Big club or not we are not the same draw in the championship for players and lets see if promoted just who wants to come and play for us then.....there has also been a need to clear out some of the old demoted squad impacting on the club

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Well said Ann Budge

Time was taken to get your man and a contract signed to allow promotion to be earned and then establish the side back in the top league with the hope Europe etc would follow

Part one was simply promotion not promotion playing top class football and enthralling the non existent crowds simply promotion......we are in a good position to achieve this and have not blown a huge budget in doing so....oh and we were so close to winning the Scottish Cup as well.

If Robbie does not take us up as champions then quite rightly the knives will be out and understandably so

Now presuming we do go up he will face perhaps his biggest challenge in improving a side good enough to make the top half of the table (and many may say we should aim higher)......also carrying the baggage with some fans of his previous time with us meaning patience is a little thin.

Along with the DOF there will need to be another set of 'hello and goodbyes' at the club but we may be in a decent position financially to do so in comparison with others.

'Judgement Day' will follow and it would be a fairer time for fans and others to judge his performance and ask if we want him in charge for a third season.

Big club or not we are not the same draw in the championship for players and lets see if promoted just who wants to come and play for us then.....there has also been a need to clear out some of the old demoted squad impacting on the club

Who said anything about top class football and being enthralled? I'd settle for mediocre football and not being bored out of my mind.

And the crowds are not "non existent". They are ST holders and those paying for PPV.

She should not be deciding who stays or goes. 

She does not understand football nobody want roadmaps and 8 year plans.

Geoff Kilpatrick

In the meantime, FoH say nothing and refuse to complete the takeover. We have an invisible CEO doing...something? We have a manager who thinks there are no easy games in a league with two part-time clubs and we're limping to reinstatement due to everyone else being a special kind of mediocre. Meantime, we can expect a Levein / MacPhee / Stendel 4 win season again next time. Awesome, fecking awesome.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Well said Ann Budge

Until the next time. We’ll have lost a decade to this joke of an owner

Billy Hoyle

He will win what is a glorified pub league and have us in a relegation battle to stay up next season unless we sign at least 7 or 8 players. In the starting 11 I would only want about 4 of the current squad. 5 if Souttar can get fit. The rest are on a par with the Hamilton’s and Ross County’s of the premier league. 

4 hours ago, Sertse said:

3 year plan she says.

Hearts head coach role must be the safest job in football. So we can expect another 3 years of mediocrity and mind-numbing performances.  :(

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Still not wrong 😀
Moyes is repairing their damage 

Edited by Jamhammer

He’ll be sacked if we don’t get results no matter what she says.

However it’s obvious that actually entertaining us doesn’t really come into consideration. If we get results with this pedestrian pish he’s safe as houses

Lord Beni of Gorgie
36 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

It's the excuses that he comes out with that are irritating me greatly. 

Ach most manager's speak shit to take heat off players

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That's exactly how it will pan out with him in charge.

She probably knows that but get the impression she doesn't really care about the club improving on the field.

🤤

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Until the next time. We’ll have lost a decade to this joke of an owner

No, we saved decades due to this gift of an owner 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
38 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I think it's a culmination of us not sweeping teams away like the last time and all the shite we've been served the last few years leading to the frustration. 

The team aren't showing a particular style as I think Stevenson touched on this week and my memory of neilson is he was always horse's for courses rather than imposing ourselves and making others deal with us. 

All that a side we seem too quick as a fan base to be negative. 

Just watching Rangers, winning exactly the same way, grinding it out.

Rangers to Livingston, Hearts to Ayr United, the comparison is not that far apart if at all 

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

So much wasted potential. Shit time to be a Hearts supporter. 

😂

Not something I would imagine you need worry about.

alwaysthereinspirit
15 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Hearts head coach role must be the safest job in football. So we can expect another 3 years of mediocrity and mind-numbing performances.  :(

Did she say that exactly? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
40 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Football clubs often won’t wait for a failure to actually happen. That’s because they are sometimes catastrophic. Quite often they will anticipate failure based on evidence and foresight and get rid of a manager and bring in someone to either save the situation or improve it in some way. I’d suggest this club can’t afford another catastrophe like failing to go up(unlikely) or failing to stay up (a damn site more likely on current evidence IMO) we’ll  sack Neilson in the early Autumn if not before IMO. I’d be astonished (and highly delighted because he’ll be doing okay) if he is still here at Christmas. We look like getting involved in another relation battle and the fan base will hound him out very quickly. A sign of intolerance and lack of patience no doubt but folk are sick of 3/4 years of utter failure.

We haven't failed this season though. 

Only the people who were expecting the Harlem Globetrotters 

davemclaren
56 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

OK, Joe Savage then.

The manager and sporting director are at the same level. There was a structure chart somewhere. 

20 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Still not wrong 😀
Moyes is repairing their damage 

Thankyou 👍😁

Just now, Sir Gio said:

We haven't failed this season though. 

Only the people who were expecting the Harlem Globetrotters 

True. We haven’t failed this season, but there is writing in the wall for next season for me. Desperately hoping I’m proved wrong obviously and I don’t care much if it’s Neilson, Stendel or anyone else that gets us out of this ditch. I’m only interested in opening a league table and not having to scroll down to see Hearts.