Budge Speaks

Sertse

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The manager and sporting director are at the same level. There was a structure chart somewhere. 

Structure chart. Sounds like Ann’s idea of a good night out.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

True. We haven’t failed this season, but there is writing in the wall for next season for me. Desperately hoping I’m proved wrong obviously and I don’t care much if it’s Neilson, Stendel or anyone else that gets us out of this ditch. I’m only interested in opening a league table and not having to scroll down to see Hearts.

Is the correct answer

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No, we saved decades due to this gift of an owner 

She has wasted an extraordinary amount of money. A huge amount of money paid in by the fans. It’s laughable seeing people trying to gloss over that.

OmiyaHearts

We'll likely all have died of boredom, if Neilson is here for three years. So we won't see how it ends.

It'll end back in the Championship, though.

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Just watching Rangers, winning exactly the same way, grinding it out.

Rangers to Livingston, Hearts to Ayr United, the comparison is not that far apart if at all 

Are we on course for an invincible season?. 

Goal difference +65 goals for 75, goals against 9.

Rangers didn't grind it out grinding it out is a hard thought match, Rangers were in total control. 

Should of had two stonewall pens, Livingston were lucky they finished the game with 11 men, their tactics all night was to disrupt Rangers rhythm, and they kicked everything that moved. 

They haven't been down 3 goals at home this season either. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We'll likely all have died of boredom, if Neilson is here for three years. So we won't see how it ends.

We are already nearly dying of the Friday night tortures. 😏

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

For the hard of hearing:

As shit as Neilson is, Budge is the problem. Budge is the person killing our ambition and our potential.

I’d ask FOH to grow a pair but there’s **** all chance of that.

2 hours ago, pointon said:

Surely it’s the new chief executive who should be sending out his support for Robbie oh and what’s his name again🙈

Lord Lucan

51 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

In the meantime, FoH say nothing and refuse to complete the takeover. We have an invisible CEO doing...something? We have a manager who thinks there are no easy games in a league with two part-time clubs and we're limping to reinstatement due to everyone else being a special kind of mediocre. Meantime, we can expect a Levein / MacPhee / Stendel 4 win season again next time. Awesome, fecking awesome.

Dont worry though Andy Kirk will soon have the wimmen flying. A good use of the lad eh? I absolutely despair of the shit show that is Heart of Midlothian FC at the moment 🥴🥴🥴

davemclaren
22 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Structure chart. Sounds like Ann’s idea of a good night out.

Can’t beat a good structure chart. 

Joy. Another couple of years of Robbie tactics. Can see us leaving the pub after 3 and leaving Tynecastle at 4.30 🤣

OmiyaHearts
22 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Rangers didn't grind it out grinding it out is a hard thought match, Rangers were in total control. 

Should of had two stonewall pens, Livingston were lucky they finished the game with 11 men, their tactics all night was to disrupt Rangers rhythm, and they kicked everything that moved. 

It was a ridiculous comparison. Well in for even acknowledging it.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Joy. Another couple of years of Robbie tactics. Can see us leaving the pub after 3 and leaving Tynecastle at 4.30 🤣

Instant promotion, 3rd, then heading or 3rd minimum again would do me fine. No other manager since JJ has been that consistent over a few seasons.

sandylejambo

I don't want Ann Budge to leave, because I remember she stepped in when no one else would and saved my club, but, If she keeps employing people who are not good for my club then she has to go. The Levein shambles was completely her fault and she seems to be letting Neilson do the same thing over again. Levein could not see anything wrong with his tactics and played them no matter how bad we were, Neilson is doing the same, we have had enough shit on the park, we would like change but only the names have changed.

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Big Gers man are you? Fact is they dominated far lesser opposition and scraped a win, just like we've been doing for much of this season. The opposition played anti-football (it seems) like most teams have against us. 

I can name any number of "should of" scenarios for us this season including not getting penalties, opposition players not getting sent off and our players missing absolute sitters. 

Just feel she really doesn't understand what supporter's want, I also believe fans/ FoH should have a larger say in club affairs. 

I don't see this ending well. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just feel she really doesn't understand what supporter's want, I also believe fans/ FoH should have a larger say in club affairs. 

I don't see this ending well. 

FoH have as much a say in club affairs as they want as far as I can see. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Zero

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Big Gers man are you? Fact is they dominated far lesser opposition and scraped a win, just like we've been doing for much of this season. The opposition played anti-football (it seems) like most teams have against us. 

I can name any number of "should of" scenarios for us this season including not getting penalties, opposition players not getting sent off and our players missing absolute sitters. 

What are you on about I'm stating facts, we are nowhere near their level.

We don't resemble the way they play football whatsoever 😂😂 are you for real, anti football how on earth can you play anti football by winning 2-0 against Hearts and by being 3-0 up against Hearts away from home?. 

Why are you so jealous i support Hearts not Rangers or why would i put up videos of Hearts beating Rangers, my football knowledge is good accept it. 

Your just on here to constantly troll people what is your problem. 

And you have a cheek saying anything about anti football, Levein was world's worst at that, and Robbie did it when we went up 2-0 against Hibs at home. 

Scraped a win 😂 livi didn't even have a shot on target 😂

Their sole purpose was to disrupt Rangers trying to play football. 

I'm not a Rangers man but credit where it's due their manager has blown the league apart this season, is on course for an invincible season?. 

And has them in the last 16 again of the Europa league?. 

Guess who was the last guy to beat Rangers twice 😉in one season. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Which is telling. This current committee are quite happy doing nothing.

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don't feel we do dave but each to their own opinion 👍

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

I don't feel we do dave but each to their own opinion 👍

Dave is right. Our FOH reps want zero involvement in making decisions, which is what they’ve got. Means they can take their free tickets and boardroom dinners in peace.

Wouldn’t sack Neilson mid season, still on course for promotion let him finish the job this season and give him the first 11 games next then see where we are

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Gary Locke said:

Wouldn’t sack Neilson mid season, still on course for promotion let him finish the job this season and give him the first 11 games next then see where we are

Oh good

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Which is telling. This current committee are quite happy doing nothing.

But no one seems to wants to take on the jobs?

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Rudy T said:

Yep, because our fans show a complete lack of interest in processes and governance. I think FoH like it that way. It doesn't upset any apple carts over control and people don't miss the donation.

All it does is endorse Budge's acceptance of mediocrity.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Rudy T said:

That’s a separate point. The spineless dicks representing us at the moment should have the decency to GTF if they can’t exert any influence 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Great idea - we gave Levein the first 11 games of last season. That went well...

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Dave is right. Our FOH reps want zero involvement in making decisions, which is what they’ve got. Means they can take their free tickets and boardroom dinners in peace.

I feel we need more say, I don't feel FoH, kickback and other supporters groups as such are appreciated for the work they do, and money they hand over to the club. 

I feel we are taken for mugs but everyone is entitled to their own opinion 👍

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

I feel we need more say, I don't feel FoH, kickback and other supporters groups as such are appreciated for the work they do, and money they hand over to the club. 

I feel we are taken for mugs but everyone is entitled to their own opinion 👍

Oh no, i’m not disagreeing. We’re 100% being take for mugs, by grandma at the top most of all. But the FOH reps are bottle jobs so they’d rather say nowt and do nowt. This is what they want.

That’s a separate point. The spineless dicks representing us at the moment should have the decency to GTF if they can’t exert any influence 

It’s not a separate issue though, if fans/members feel so strongly about them they should put themselves up for election. There’s lots of people good at sniping from the sidelines but not prepared to stand up for election.

Dagger Is Back

I hope every single person on here slating AB/RN is eating humble pie at the end of next season when we’re in the top flight.

However, I just can’t see it panning out that way. I’m grateful to AB for bailing us out but it’s now time to either go or take on a non Board position within the club.

To be fair she was in a no win situation with that interview. Sometimes best not to say anything.

She can’t talk about giving managers time after Stendel and to be fair Cathro too.

She gave CL far too much time.

On her watch we were dismal last year and due to our own shortcomings we were in a corner. 

I couldn’t care less about how long it took Rangers, Hibs etc to get out of the Championship. The league isn’t anywhere near as competitive as it was when we and they were last involved. 

The squad is not performing to it’s potential regardless of the current points difference.

RN may well get us up but that’s as far as any success will go.

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Great idea - we gave Levein the first 11 games of last season. That went well...

IMO League Cup group and first 5 league games is a fair crack of the whip. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

It’s not a separate issue though, if fans/members feel so strongly about them they should put themselves up for election. There’s lots of people good at sniping from the sidelines but not prepared to stand up for election.

If you stand for election you should not be in it for a free lunch. That’s my point

If you stand for election you should not be in it for a free lunch. That’s my point

I don’t disagree. We should own the club there’s been a lot of can kicking going on, however, I can’t be overly critical as I voted (or didn’t bother my arse truth be told) for this board. I genuinely believe there’s better qualified people out there to take this forward it’s just getting them to step up and ultimately get them voted on. 

Ann Budge runs everything at this club like she did with her own business and it’s strangling us as a football team, someone out with her inner circle needs to get in there and give a different perspective.

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I'd encourage people to do so. As it stands though, you wouldn't need much of a campaign to be elected given the apathy.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I don’t disagree. We should own the club there’s been a lot of can kicking going on, however, I can’t be overly critical as I voted (or didn’t bother my arse truth be told) for this board. I genuinely believe there’s better qualified people out there to take this forward it’s just getting them to step up and ultimately get them voted on. 

Ann Budge runs everything at this club like she did with her own business and it’s strangling us as a football team, someone out with her inner circle needs to get in there and give a different perspective.

There’s a major problem in that when FOH was set up, all we were interested in was piling money into the club. None of us paid any attention to the detail. Now we see Budge murdering our ambition and it turns out that FOH has no power to do anything (and reps who are scared of challenging Budge). FOH’s structure is outdated and it’s not fit for purpose.

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I hope every single person on here slating AB/RN is eating humble pie at the end of next season when we’re in the top flight.

However, I just can’t see it panning out that way. I’m grateful to AB for bailing us out but it’s now time to either go or take on a non Board position within the club.

To be fair she was in a no win situation with that interview. Sometimes best not to say anything.

She can’t talk about giving managers time after Stendel and to be fair Cathro too.

She gave CL far too much time.

On her watch we were dismal last year and due to our own shortcomings we were in a corner. 

I couldn’t care less about how long it took Rangers, Hibs etc to get out of the Championship. The league isn’t anywhere near as competitive as it was when we and they were last involved. 

The squad is not performing to it’s potential regardless of the current points difference.

RN may well get us up but that’s as far as any success will go.

Why is it less competitive the season Hibs won it? Folk say that but I’m not clear what criteria they are using to decide that. 

Nelly Terraces

Essentailly she's just told everyone it's her views only that count & everyone else can take a hike.

Got to hand it to her, the level of breathtaking, misplaced, arrogance she has is quite insurmountable.

47 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Can’t beat a good structure chart. 

Structure charts are generally used by the insecure. Mostly used as emotional crutches for the incompetent.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Structure charts are generally used by the insecure. Mostly used as emotional crutches for the incompetent.

Or for people that think the CEO at Hearts runs the football parts of the business. 😎

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Perfect descriptions 

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There’s a major problem in that when FOH was set up, all we were interested in was piling money into the club. None of us paid any attention to the detail. Now we see Budge murdering our ambition and it turns out that FOH has no power to do anything (and reps who are scared of challenging Budge). FOH’s structure is outdated and it’s not fit for purpose.

The problem isn’t ambition I don’t think, the problem is she doesn’t understand football. She doesn’t understand that when the team is playing shite and sliding down the table it’s not going to change no matter what your pal (who happens to be a director and manager) tells you. She doesn’t understand that passing the ball sideways for 90 mins is boring to watch and unlikely to bring home silverware. She doesn’t understand what motivates a footballer. This is not a corporate business when those 11 blokes take to the pitch, and the fans don’t really care if we serve the best food in football in a shiny restaurant, all this award winning stuff that sits outside the pitch is great when your winning but not when you’re getting relegated. Until the penny drops she can want us to be the best team in Europe but we’re never going to be.

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Just watching Rangers, winning exactly the same way, grinding it out.

Rangers to Livingston, Hearts to Ayr United, the comparison is not that far apart if at all 

Comparing us to the team who havent lost a game all season while we pick up draws to QOTS and Morton 😂😂

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

The problem isn’t ambition I don’t think, the problem is she doesn’t understand football. She doesn’t understand that when the team is playing shite and sliding down the table it’s not going to change no matter what your pal (who happens to be a director and manager) tells you. She doesn’t understand that passing the ball sideways for 90 mins is boring to watch and unlikely to bring home silverware. She doesn’t understand what motivates a footballer. This is not a corporate business when those 11 blokes take to the pitch, and the fans don’t really care if we serve the best food in football in a shiny restaurant, all this award winning stuff that sits outside the pitch is great when your winning but not when you’re getting relegated. Until the penny drops she can want us to be the best team in Europe but we’re never going to be.

No argument from me on that. I guess it equals lack of ambition in the sense that she doesn’t know what ambition is. I genuinely think she sees this as a level where you hand out ‘thanks for taking part’ medals at the end of the season.

glynnlondon

Unsurprising ho hum.

She'll end up sitting in the stands with a face like a slapped arse a la the Dumfy cup game with clownshoes Nielson in charge.

Only a matter of time

there must be some questions about the good work carried out at clubs in the top league with far less resources than Hearts, Ann. 

And why is there such a huge turnover of players?  Neilson already loaning his signings to other clubs or not playing them at all.

3 hours ago, OTT said:

I was very enamoured with Stendel. I thought he brought a real passion to the coaching. McDonald was quoted as enjoying the sessions, saw how obviously good a coach he is and noted the intensity. I would probably take him back provided the club could position itself in advance of his coming. I know folk are keen to point out his low win rate, but lets also not gloss over the fact either that his plan was to come in during the summer, rather than when he did. He also had the pish that Levein signed who even he couldn't get a tune out of or MacPhee. I think they build a house of cards which eventually collapsed and Stendel was the poor sod left holding the bag. 

When I think of who is a manager that I know can work with youth that I would like to see, the only answer I'm getting is Stendel, I don't doubt they exist elsewhere but there is something about the counter pressing style I think matches fan expectations on footballing philosophy. I don't want that to sound pretentious, I mean that successful Hearts teams have been big and physical, Robbie wanted us to be the fittest team in the league when he was first here, JJs teams were built on physicality etc.. Counter pressing isn't so much about silky football as it is about being aggressive, athletic and high energy. All of which I think ticks the boxes the fans want ticked. Stendel proved he could do it in the big games, he just fell short in the games where teams don't really want the ball. Theres clearly something to work on in that regard, but I think its something I'd like to see tried again. I could actually see a change in his style of play to accommodate just how bad our defence actually was. It was too little too late, but I'd be 100% down for giving it another try. We're not going to develop under Robbie. I think counter pressing could be used from ground up at the club and have a very effective academy/First team set up. 

I would welcome him back with open arms to be honest. Right guy, wrong time seems to be the opinion on here. So when is the right time? Maybe when we've just been promoted and are looking to assemble a squad following another season of short termism? In the summer we will likely lose Berra, Bobby, Doyle, Frear, White and hopefully Damour. We may also lose Irving too the way things are looking. You could get Stendel in for the day following us winning the league and immediately set about building a squad ready to compete. He'll also have an intimate knowledge of the squad as it largely hasn't changed so will know who needs to go. 

Agree wholeheartedly with your post. Would love to see him back. Will never happen. Budge wants the Levein prodigy for the next 3 years so when we finish 11th next year we're still right on track to finish 6th the year after.

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Agree wholeheartedly with your post. Would love to see him back. Will never happen. Budge wants the Levein prodigy for the next 3 years so when we finish 11th next year we're still right on track to finish 6th the year after.

Sounds awful doesn't it " but that looks like what's on the cards,