***** Official Hearts v Dundee Match Thread *****

Turkishcap

38 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed. 

But unless we win every game comfortably the same roasters will be at it no matter what, but there would be genuine concerns and questions being asked by all if that plays out. 

Dundee are getting messed anyway, they're shite and we're due an early goal v someone. 

Just a win will do. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• One five

• GinRummy

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Same, time to mute and not engage. These people have nothing good to say about Hearts and will disappear faster than a mars bar at a weight watchers meeting when we start playing well again.

What's going to change that's going to make us start playing well again?? 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Players like Gnadno, McEneff and GMS getting up to speed. Refining the system with the new players bedding in. Kicking Halkett and Popescue up the arse to get them to focus better and take their chances in front of goal when they come. The usual stuff. Plus the fact that form tends to fluctuate up and down over a season and there's no-one in this league capable of putting in a sustained challenge.

sandylejambo

I just read Neilson's piece on the Hearts web page and I'm a bit miffed, "we cant win all the games 5-0", he's right I suppose, but we can work hard in all the games Robbie, is that too much to ask as well?

40 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

A performance and win bonus.   A curly wurly for playing well, a 10 pence mixture for winning.   Any goalscorers get a Toblerone. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

A performance and win bonus.   A curly wurly for playing well, a 10 pence mixture for winning.   Any goalscorers get a Toblerone. 

Toblerones are overrated. Curly Wurlys on the other hand - you might be on to something.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Toblerones are overrated. Curly Wurlys on the other hand - you might be on to something.

If we are incentivising with chocolate I think a Yorkie should be the reward. It’s grown up confectionary and sends a no nonsense message. 

Fourcandles

Prediction...... lots of possession, lots of passing sideways across the back, precious little shots from distance and he-haw incisive play in the final third....basically same as recent weeks ending in another draw.

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yeah,  I'll swap them for a 10 pence packet of cola bottles.

Toblerones are abit sickening right enough.    You need a mountainous appetite. 

:look:

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

So you agree we are not playing well?

What do you think? Literally no-one thinks we've played well during this wee lull.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If we are incentivising with chocolate I think a Yorkie should be the reward. It’s grown up confectionary and sends a no nonsense message. 

It’s not for girls though, not sure how suitable that is, in these PC days or indeed for some of our players.

The Shed Floodlight

We will win only because 40 year old Adam is not playing, but it will be a hard watch as is every game of late

9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

So you agree we are not playing well?

Theres a difference between not playing well and eye bleeding Shit. Not that you'd recognise that.

Theres a difference between not playing well and sacking everyone and filling your pants. Not that you'd recognise that.

Theres a difference between not playing well and yet still enjoying your team play football. Sadly that's also something you fail miserably to understand. 

south morocco
6 minutes ago, Fourcandles said:

Prediction...... lots of possession, lots of passing sideways across the back, precious little shots from distance and he-haw incisive play in the final third....basically same as recent weeks ending in another draw.

Yes, probably, but I'm really hoping we change it a bit and are bit more direct. Big Nando has to start too.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

What do you think? Literally no-one thinks we've played well during this wee lull.

Wee lull?  It started 2nd game of the season at Arbroath (if you want to disregard the League Cup games before that).  Good performances have been the exception to the norm this season.  But you know that. 

Nobody is expecting to win every game 5-0 or indeed even win every game. But would be good to manage creating more than just one or two chances or shots at goal against some of the dross we play against in this league.  You can accept the keeper playing a blinder and being unlucky but that’s generally not happening, especially away from home.  We don’t remotely look like scoring in some games unless we get a penalty. 

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Theres a difference between not playing well and eye bleeding Shit. Not that you'd recognise that.

Theres a difference between not playing well and sacking everyone and filling your pants. Not that you'd recognise that.

Theres a difference between not playing well and yet still enjoying your team play football. Sadly that's also something you fail miserably to understand. 

How many games would you put in the eye bleeding shit category this season?

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Wee lull?  It started 2nd game of the season at Arbroath (if you want to disregard the League Cup games before that).  Good performances have been the exception to the norm this season.  But you know that. 

Nobody is expecting to win every game 5-0 or indeed even win every game. But would be good to manage creating more than just one or two chances or shots at goal against some of the dross we play against in this league.  You can accept the keeper playing a blinder and being unlucky but that’s generally not happening, especially away from home.  We don’t remotely look like scoring in some games unless we get a penalty. 

That's your opinion not mine. There have been some cracking games with loads of goals and some tight games I've enjoyed as you can't beat a tight 1-0 or 2-1 win in a hard fought games sometimes. The lull is the last 4 games. We need a good win but any win will do for me after the last couple of draws.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How many games would you put in the eye bleeding shit category this season?

None, I love watching Hearts play. 

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Trolling is against forum rules. 

Nobody enjoys watching Hertz the noo. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's your opinion not mine. There have been some cracking games with loads of goals. The lull is the last 4 games. We need a good win but any win will do for me after the last couple of draws.

And there have been some dire games  / performances in between as well (off the top of my head Arbroath away, Alloa cup, Dunfermline away, Dundee away, Raith home, Ayr away).  And that’s before the lull of the last 3 draws.  There’s never been any consistency at all if you’re being honest. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Well done, you just proved it’s actually you that can’t tell the difference between playing badly and eye bleeding shit!🤣🤣.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

And there have been some dire games  / performances in between as well (off the top of my head Arbroath away, Alloa cup, Dunfermline away, Dundee away, Raith home, Ayr away).  And that’s before the lull of the last 3 draws.  There’s never been any consistency at all if you’re being honest. 

Yes, obviously in any season there are good and bad and meh games. I posted this list of games I've enjoyed for different reasons on another thread as I thought I was going mad reading how shit we've apparently been all season.

And I'm also of the opinion Neilson earned his money this season with the 6-2 Dundee win alone. That was a high pressure game - a must win to start the league off on the right foot. We laid down a real marker that no doubt deflated several teams that maybe thought they could challenge us this season. Remember the chat in the media etc at that time was that we were vulnerable and Dundee would put in a real challenge. We shoved their ****ing email so far up their arse it's still lost.

6-2 Dundee

2-1 Caley

2-1 Hibs

3-1 Raith

3-0 Alloa

2-0 Morton

6-1 QoS

3-3 Celtic

5-3 Ayr

3-1 Arbroath

4-0 Raith

1-0 Dunfermline

Edited by ToqueJambo

Well done, you just proved it’s actually you that can’t tell the difference between playing badly and eye bleeding shit!🤣🤣.

Great logic. 😔

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

A child of the EPL speaks. Use of "eye bleeding" is the giveaway.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Great logic. 😔

Yes, thanks, it’s certainly better than yours. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Same, time to mute and not engage. These people have nothing good to say about Hearts and will disappear faster than a mars bar at a weight watchers meeting when we start playing well again.

As you all said about three years ago. Jam tomorrow, people.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A child of the EPL speaks. Use of "eye bleeding" is the giveaway.

It was actually your tag team mate that used the phrase. I was replying and quoting that. 

And a child or EPL fan boy I most certainly am not. 

Guest ToqueJambo

It was actually your tag team mate that used the phrase. I was replying and quoting that. 

And a child or EPL fan boy I most certainly am not

Glad to hear it. It's ok for people to enjoy football matches others don't just like folk like different films.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As you all said about three years ago. Jam tomorrow, people.

As you all said about 5 years ago - "Let's get rid of Neilson." That went well.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

And a child or EPL fan boy I most certainly am not. 

You just post like a bairn then, that's fair enough. 

Heads up though, you do seem a bit stalkery and creepy with it. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I’ve always seen you as the most obvious Budge plant on here. Tosh is too thick and Bulls Eye is barely literate. But you’ve got Budge’s fingerprints all over you

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

But unless we win every game comfortably the same roasters will be at it no matter what

Do you not recognise that there is genuine concern regarding the level of recent performances?

It's not about scudding teams, it's about how we are set up, how we perform. With our squad, and applied correctly,tactically and with motivated players, we'd be happy.

We may not win every game but at least we would look like we were trying to and, more than likely, we would!

Do you not see that? You are quite happy with how we are playing? Because it's ok, because we are top of the league and next season will look after itself?

All I hear from you is the mantra from the Levein years, that I allowed myself to believe then. Once bitten twice shy for me.

41 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wee lull?

A lot of posters on here have been slated by a few on here for saying as much, accussed of not supporting the team etc.

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’ve always seen you as the most obvious Budge plant on here. Tosh is too thick and Bulls Eye is barely literate. But you’ve got Budge’s fingerprints all over you

:greatpost:

44 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

🤣🤣🤣😂😂

So basically you are saying it is okay to not play well. Never going to be a problem?  

Edited by Gambo

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And whose fault was that?

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That's fine if you think that. I was a Levein plant before. Does this mean you're a Stendel plant? Covid a hoax too aye? 

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

🤣🤣🤣😂😂

So basically you are saying it is okay to not play well. Never going to be a problem?  

I put it as basically as I could and you still don't get it.

Must be horrible to be blinded by hate..... 😔

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

🤣🤣🤣😂😂

FFS. In our first 9 games in 85/86 we lost 5 and drew 2 and only scored 10 goals. In the previous 9 games at the end of the previous season we lost 7 and drew 1 and only scored 10 goals. If the internet had been around then imagine the howling for Doddie's head. 18 games with just 3 wins, and two hammerings off St Mirren.

We then went on a massive unbeaten run to nearly win the league. My entire philosophy on football comes from that season - untying is possible basically and form is never permanent. So, yes this wee lull doesn't worry me.

Edited by ToqueJambo

The Grim Reaper
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's fine if you think that. I was a Levein plant before. Does this mean you're a Stendel plant? Covid a hoax too aye? 

The animosity you direct at Stendel is one of the giveaways. Defend Levein and Neilson like they’re family members but put the boot into Daniel. Doesn’t add up. 

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I put it as basically as I could and you still don't get it.

Must be horrible to be blinded by hate..... 😔

You seem to think not playing well is the odd game here and there.

Tell me how many games you have thought we have played well in this year taking the opposition into account?

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hey Toque, Tosh joined here Jan 2014, Budge sought to buy control of Hearts early 2014. Just sayin' likes. 

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

You just post like a bairn then, that's fair enough. 

Heads up though, you do seem a bit stalkery and creepy with it. 

More insults.  Is that the only enjoyment you get from life, trolling and insulting Hearts fans?  No idea how you haven’t been launched yet. Maybe try debating once in a while instead of just trying to shout the loudest. Have you got the vocabulary to do that?  

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

The animosity you direct at Stendel is one of the giveaways. Defend Levein and Neilson like they’re family members but put the boot into Daniel. Doesn’t add up. 

I really like Stendel mate. Would have him back in a second in the Premiership another time. His results were shit though as were half his signings and his decision not to drop the goalie was the most damaging of any Hearts manager I can recall.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

FFS. In our first 9 games in 85/86 we lost 5 and drew 2. In the previous 9 games at the end of the previous season we lost 7 and drew 1. We then went on a massive unbeaten run to nearly win the league. My entire philosophy on football comes from that season - untying is possible basically and form is never permanent. So, yes this wee lull doesn't worry me.

I hate to break it to you, but this is 2021, a lot of the players and teams have changed quite a bit since 85/86.

At least you recognise this season as a lull.👍

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, smiler said:

Hey Toque, Tosh joined here Jan 2014, Budge sought to buy control of Hearts early 2014. Just sayin' likes. 

You cracked it!